2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
fissures fracturing frequently
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 13:09:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The hospital ceiling is all that stares back at Chu-e.

had turned off the TV before he had been eventually caught and shooed off for his midnight visit. His mind was foggy, eyes heavy, but without the distractions of the blond haired man his thoughts had been circling a dangerous drain.

Crystals, Mr. Ki. There are microscopic crystals growing on your organs. We don't understand how-

A sharp breath is taken in, shaky and painful. Without anyone there to hide his feeling from, he allowed the hot tears to gather in the corners of his eyes, to spill down his cheeks, a soft sob leaving him as he tries to fight down the swirling feelings of disgust and fear. He's spiraling, twisting, and he can feel the onset of a panic attack coming by now. He lifts his hand to wipe the tears from his eyes and sniffs-

Freezes.

The residue on his hand is tacky and black. Trembling fingers wipe the tears from his cheeks and a quick inspections finds the same staining his fingertips. Another deep breath is taken and he finds an ache in his lungs. Chu-e reaches for the 'call nurse' button right as the stains erupt into black crystal growth. It spreads slow, the crystal gleaming darkly in the florescent light, and Chu-e opens his mouth to scream.

Only it comes out muffled, a black crystal shooting from his lips and closing off his mouth. The arm numbs. More tears spring from his eyes and he can feel the crystals coating his cheeks, starting cover his eyes, and despite the efforts he tries to yell as loud as he can and-

Chu-e wakes up screaming, the heart monitor by his bed jumping at a frantic rhythm.

If had seen the restless sleep or anything that had just happened was up to fate and his arrival time.

The Nightshade flowers on Chu-e's borrowed desk seemed listless in the early morning light.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 14:09:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Does it really look that bad, mate?" Zac asked from the doorway. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, and the faux-metal melted into his arms was clearly visible. He cradled a big box under one arm, and a badge pinned to his shirt read 'VISITOR'.
    Zac walked to Chu-e's bedside, eyeing the beeping heart monitor as if it were a bomb. The nightshade flower beside the bed perked up, spreading its violet star of petals. "I, uh, gotcha these," he said, putting the box down on the little side table. It was thin cardboard, and had the logo of a local bakery on the front. "I would have made them myself but, uh, my kitchen isn't really in a workable state at the moment."
    He opened the box to reveal two dozen cupcakes decorated to look like cat Pokemon. "The Skitty are strawberry, the Galarian Meowth are coffee, and the Litten are red velvet."
    Zac looked over at the heart monitor again. "Uh, if something is wrong then a doctor will come check on you, right?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 14:29:52 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A nurse pokes her head into the room and gives Chu-e a once-over from the door. When he seems to be breathing and doesn't appear to be in pain, the monitor already slowing down, she only gives an assessing look before backing away. She closes the door behind her, giving them some semblance of privacy.

Chu-e, dazed, hardly seems to notice Zac for the moment.

"What?" It's raspy and weak, throat raw. Bewildered eyes stare at Zac as if he doesn't know who he is, then down at the box of adorable treats as the redhead just offered him alien eggs. A pause. "Oh."

Chu-e is in rough shape in his own right, covered in bruises with his right arm and leg wrapped in casts and elevated off the bed. He had wriggled the blankets off his body a bit, the hospital gown pulled down to show the starting of his terrible scars on his chest.

"Can I have a Litten?" Since Chu-e can't move himself, he'll have to rely on the other. More himself, now he's able to really take in Zac. Eyes lingered on the metal burned into his skin in particular. He takes a breath, then it all rushes back.

And Chu-e bursts into tear, fat and thick, his good hand raising up in a feeble attempt to cover his shame.

"What the fuck happened out there, Zac?"
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 12:13:24 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac grabbed a Litten cupcake and promptly stuck it in Ki's mouth. Half because his best friend couldn't do it himself, and half because he couldn't bear to see him cry any more. Also because it was funny, and messy, and quite often that's what people need after trauma. And boy had they just had trauma. 
    "What happened?" Zac asked, pulling at him beard. "Uh, I got a double concussion, lost two of my Pokemon, almost caved in Kazimir's skull, and I think one of your friends tried to shoot me?" he looked down Ki's wrapped and scarred body. "And yet somehow you're the one in the hospital bed."
    Zac stuffed a Skitty in his mouth, chewed twice, swallowed, and let out a huff of strawberry breath. "I let you down, mate. I don't recall an awful lot of the fight, but I do remember saying I could never hurt you. And now I've gone and left you looking like a bloody Cofagrigus!" Zac said loudly. He was struggling to keep his volume under control. His voice tended to carry at the best of time, but in a hospital it was downright booming. "I'm sorry Ki. I'm really bloody sorry, and if there's anything I can do just say the word." He pulled a rectangular book of paper from his pocket. "Do you have healthcare? I can cover all your expenses," he said, filling in his details on a blank check. "It's the least I can do." 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 23:49:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Litten does it's job of shutting Chu-e up. Much like a confused child, he blinks, stunned, eyes misty before he comprehends what had just done. The pain medicine in his system slows his reflexes and some higher brain function, as it turns out. He sniffs, nose runny from his previous crying fit, but ends up rubbing his eyes and his face twisting into a cracked smile. A laugh, wet and weak but genuine, starts slow before building. It hurts to laugh, his insides still sore, but it doesn't stop him. Nor does the crumbs on his bed or the mess all over his face.

When Zac starts talking he does quiet down, feeling oddly a whole lot better. The whole crystal thing is still eating him up inside, but so far between this and 's visit last night it makes him feel a lot less heavy.

"My husband was from a family of Kalosian oil barons, Zac. I probably have enough money to buy this hospital and all the debt inside of it. A few times over." Not to mention the stipends he still received from his false identity. If Chu-e hadn't been homeless for a good portion of his life he might have lived more extravagantly. It made him feel better that Zac was so willing to help him, though. Chu-e was unclear on how much Gym Leader's got paid; plus the vlogging thing, which was also pretty cool.

"I remember...." He makes a vague motion with his good hand, finally picking his Litten back off his chest where it had dropped to take a bite. "Something wasn't... right? Bombs went off, then everything inside the building went crazy. I only avoided it because I saw you start acting weird." A frown, smaller. "And Fl-... my friend shouldn't have shot at all."

His voice lowered a bit, just between them.

"The plan was to put the workers to sleep, take what we were after, then just leave and let them wake back up."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 13:03:31 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Husband?" Zac asked, curiosity popping the word from his mouth like a Bullet Seed. "I, uh, didn't know you'd been married before. I guess I didn't see it on your dating profile." Zac's mouth was moving much faster than his brain, and it chugged on that first word for a few moments before hitting the second. "Oh," Zac said, his voice low and small. Hospitals had a way of doing that. Of stealing your words. They got lost in the long halls and antiseptic corners. That's why other noises echoed. Fast footfalls. Hostile beeps. Cries. 
    "I'm sorry mate. I'm, really sorry." Zac struggled for footing between the cliff of relief and the precipice of saying something dumb. He wanted to be happy that Ki never had to worry about bills, but it twisted to be celebrating the death of his best friend's husband. 
    Thankfully Ki marched onwards, drawing the conversation back into shallower waters. The workshop. The explosion. "There was something wrong all right. Bombs, fighting, and a weird smell." Zac added. He nodded as Ki confirmed his suspicions. "So why did she shoot? Why did everyone just go all nuts? Do you remember anything? Any talking? Hell, did I say anything?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:56:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"His name was Arthur. He was good to me." Despite 's discomfort, Chu-e just gave him another small smile. Arthur was an older wound, still fresh enough to throb sometimes but already scarred over. It didn't bother him to talk about him anymore and he still loved him, but it was a longing sort of ache for what you couldn't have again. At the end of the day, it was better to think of the good memories they had together.

But, more pressing matters at hand, which was the explosion and the mess that had been the bong shop.

"I can't remember if you did. There was a pink mist.... that might have caused it? Even my own pokemon went crazy. Creams just... mega evolved herself, then started attacking everything. That's not like her. She's a good girl." It was a shame, then, that Chu-e had been outside for most of it. It meant a lot of the dialogue was missed on his end.

"The roof collapsed at one point, and I crawled on the top to try and see what was happening. I kind of remember Fairburne hovering over Silph, who seemed to be unconscious? Then you were fighting... a guy in the green suit? Pokkenger, I think?"

He pauses, something nagging at the back of his mind.

""Oh, at the end, he tried to stop me and Zeke from teleporting to safety. Was that Kazimir? His helmet was off." The Pokkenger was a high profile name. Yet, that information had really slipped his mind. Honestly, he didn't intend to do anything with it, either. "You have a lot of cool friends if it was. Makes me a little jealous I can't crush a watermelon with my thighs."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 15:26:31 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Pink mist? Yeah, I remember that..." Zac said. The dual-concussions had laid a thick blanket over Zac's memory of the events. Ki's words tugged a little at the blanket, slowly revealing the shape underneath. "There was a weird haze over everything...Creams? Yeah Kev Mega Evolved too. I don't remember doing that...Why did they just fight on their own? We had a signal and everything but I never gave it..."
    Ki mentioned the Pokkenger, and Zac's blood went cold. He and had talked about the event in the days since, but hearing that Kaz had been recognized during the battle was worrying to say the least. "Yeah, that was Kaz alright," Zac said, shaking his head. He had fuzzy memories of smashing the blonde. "He's a got one hell of a set of thighs on him, you're not wrong." Zac looked for a part of Ki that he could squeeze supportively without damaging him. "You're the coolest of them, mate. I'm just happy you came out of it alive-"
    Another flash of memory hit Zac like, well, like an explosion. For a second he felt the wave of heat as Kev burrowed up through the hearth. He remembered the shockwave as he was thrown from the building. He remembered regaining consciousness in the backyard, and seeing Ki's broken, unconscious form being carried away by and
    "I said I'd be there to heal you if you wanted it," Zac said, as he instinctively pulled in life energy from anything nearby. Downstairs in the hospital cafeteria, salads wilted. Flowers in the adjacent room crumpled into grayscale swirls. The Nightshades on Ki's bedside table wilted.

Zac held the drips of energy inside him. He glowed, greenly, steeling himself to blast Ki back to full health. "So how are you feeling now? Want a top up?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 17:51:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At the confirmation of 's name, Chu-e 'zips' his mouth shut with his good hand. The man's secret is safe. For now.

"He seems nice. Maybe we could have a boy's night, sometime. I bet he'd be a riot." Sitting up the best he could, Chu-e sighed. He glanced over at the flowers Leon had left him and had an idea what was coming before even asked the question.

"Feel like hell, dude. I think if you could just... get the bruising down, I'd be good." Settling, Chu-e tried to brace himself for the slap in the face this healing would be. Zac never did anything in half measures.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 15:41:37 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Ki asked for help, and Zac gave him a smile. The big man was already full of energy, ready to jump-start his friend on the path to health. "A boys night sounds great Ki," Zac said, as he leaned over and positioned his hands just above Ki's chest. Zac tried to imagine the three of them having some sort of sleepover. Maybe they could go camping instead? They could tell ghost stories around a burning fire. Roast potatoes and meat in the coals. Watch the stars and think about tomorrow. 
    "Hold on buddy, I've still only got one setting." Zac pressed his palms down onto Ki's wounded form, and gave him everything he had. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 1:13:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The truck hit, but it wasn't like last time.

It took his breath away like it did before, sure, but instead of just a vague kind of ghost-pain it was building to be real.

The bruises would fade and heal. And with what offered? The Bones would set but not heal fully. Just speed up the process.

Only, this wasn't just what Zac was offering.

Zac would be able to feel it, a pull, like something from Chu-e's side was draining. Was trying to tap into the spigot that was Zac's power and take more than the abundance of energy that he had offered. It would feel not dissimilar to unloading what he had into a bottomless pit instead of the confined space of a person.

That's when Chu-e would start screaming.

It was ripped out of him loud and raw, every nerve alight like fire was burning from the inside out.

They couldn't see it, but black crystal spread, feeling off the energy provided. They covered cracks in bone and sunk down deep into the marrow, overtook the dying and weakest parts of his organs, a fine and shiny coating.

Chu-e screamed for the second time that day except the nightmare was real. The monitor went off again, a high pitched alarm over the bedlam.

Zac would, in the end, be able to pull away. But it would be with more effort than he normally needed. Like something was trying to hold him there so it could drink freely, grasping and desperate.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 17:40:54 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Emerald energy flowed into Ki, suffusing him with natural light. Zac felt the pull start. The greedy suckling as his friend's broken body drew from Zac like a thirsty kid drinking Charja-Cola through a straw.  The relieved Zac fed Ki all he had to spare, and then a bit more. He bloody needs it after that fiasco. Zac tried to cut off the stream. Only the connection never severed.

Huh? Zac's relief soured to fear, and then and pain, like he'd taken a sip of Charja-Cola only to discover it was Zapsi instead. The pull from Ki's bruised form intensified, becoming dangerous, like the scrabbling of a drowning man, dragging Zac down with it.  

"I'll get some more and come back later ay? Just let me go! Ki! Ki?" Zac tried to pull his hands away, but Ki's skin sucked and bit at him, holding him hostage. Ki's pull deepened, drawing from Zac's body. Fat and muscle broke down, and Zac started to sweat as he was siphoned off into the void inside of Ki. 

"Ki, cut it out mate, I'm running on empty now!" Zac pulled at his hands, peeling them away from his bedbound friend. Ki started to scream. The hairs on Zac's neck rose in terror, and alarm bells sounded in and out of his head. He could hear fast voices and footsteps out in the corridor. People rushing to Ki's aid. Why can't I pull away? 

"I'm sorry mate," Zac said, as he lost feeling in his hands. He yanked at his hands, finally ripping them free from Ki's chest. Medical staff rushed in, and Zac backed away. He leaned against the wall, giving them space to work. What happened? What went wrong with the healing? Is Ki okay? Zac looked down at his hands. They were numb, and covered in blood.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 13:17:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The band-aid of 's powers ripped off and Chu-e gasped a deep lungful of air. The machine flat lined- which was at odds with the frantic breathing and movement coming from the bed bound man. Blood started to pour from his nose, seeping down to join the stains from where Zac had been touching him. The cloth itself from where Zac's hands hand been were poked through and shredded, like something had torn through the cloth to get to him. Yet, Chu-e's skin under was fine, not counting previously healed scars.

"h҉u҉n҉g҉r҉y҉

It was quiet but rough, like it was pulled from the deepest part of Chu-e's chest, like something that didn't know how to speak was trying to for the first time.

He forced himself to sit up, sagging, leaning on the arm with the cast as his free hand slapped doctors and nurses away.

Eyes only for Zac.

Eyes which were empty, dead, nothing inside of them.

Then another sharp breath, he slumped forward, strings cut. The machine started to beat at a steady rhythm again.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 13:54:47 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Ki's eyes pulled at Zac's mind like obsidian wells. They yanked and clawed at his resolve, demanding he come closer so that it could feed.  Some animal part of Zac forced him to freeze. Screamed at him to STOP and NEVER approach whatever that thing was that had taken over his best friend. 

"Ki?" Zac asked, his voice lost in the jumble of nurses. His back has pressed against the wall, in the corner, as far away from Ki as he could be in the cramped room.

And then Ki collapsed. Zac took a half-step towards his buddy before that voice in his mind cried out, stopping him. That chunk of leftover monkey brain screeched and ooked, protesting the dumbest move Zac could possibly make right now. Millions of years of evolution told him that he should run. Told him that things with dark eyes were not for his kind. Promised that whatever that thing was...it wasn't Ki. 

Zac left, and went to sit in the waiting room, his bleeding hands stuffed deep into his pockets. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 3:40:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: