Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 5:27:42 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

A chilling wind blew through the night air that elicited a shiver from Rowan, despite the inherent warmth of the ghillie suit and foliage cover that he was buried within. “I fucking hate this…” Rumors around Mount Chimney told of a creature that had been stalking the region, seemingly able to disable the inherit functionality of Pokeballs with the sonic frequency they produced. From what research Rowan was able to scrounge up from asking around the locals, the Pokemon was identified as a Noivern of abnormal size and strength, likely revolving around the Totem phenomena.

After being injured in the Cave of Origins, this was his first official assignment back in the field and Rowan was determined to prove his worth by subduing this Pokemon for Team Rocket. Of course, there was no way he could manage to take down a massive Pokemon such as this Noivern by himself, without the aid of his own companions. A pair of other operatives had been assigned to help bring down and capture this Noivern, and . The former he knew only of from rumors around the submarine, and the latter being someone he worked with before. Rowan only hoped Lex could forgive him for leaving her behind in the Cave of Origin and focus instead on the task at hand.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 14:30:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e rolled up to the scene like he had a big dick.

Well, he was actually carried up by a Machamp who had her extra arms full of two large metal cases. She gently sat Chu-e down like the princess he was before slamming the cases down. He had picked up this mission because he had been very interested in an experiment one of the lab boys had been doing- interested enough to field run the prototypes. Because of the nature of this mission, they would break at the end of it and fail or something.

After unlocking the cases, the Machamp went back down the mountain; her services were no longer needed for now.

"Huh." Fanning himself from the heat this high up, Chu-e raised a brow at . Looked like... he knew this guy. "I didn't know you were one of mine." Then again, he had been pretty busy and hadn't had time to read over a lot of the newer recruits in a while. Shame. He kind of hoped that Rowan would forget about him eating the rocks.

"Well, come over here and get suited up!" In one case was various weapons. In the other, it looked like some very basic body armor. They were just human, after all, and Chu-e was particularly squishy when it came to physical damage. He didn't want to die because a raging Noivern decided to make him a chew toy.

His own selection was a set of Dual Blades, which shimmer in the light with crackling electricity when he held them in his grip. Hell yeah.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 1:33:48 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

The first thing Lex noticed when she found herself at the meeting coordinates was just how ridiculous looked in his ghillie suit. Did he not know how to just hide? A pair of tight red lips accompanied her critical glare. The only reason she didn’t say anything was because she didn’t know what to say. Her silence may have been mistaken as bitterness towards her companion. Their previous mission had certainly not gone well for either of them. But Lex held no ill-will towards . She told the Gardevoir to get them and get the fuck out.

Like she said, she’d die before she let The League get their filthy hands on her companions.

Amber eyes were quickly drawn to the massive chest Chu-e had brought with him for the particular mission. Lex leaned over the open case, a bit overwhelmed by the massive selection of . . . weapons?

“What the hell am I supposed to do with any of this?” she growled, leaning over to gingerly pick up a throwing knife to inspect it. Lex had never used a weapon in her life. Never needed to. If she couldn’t deal with it with her fists then she could outrun it. Simple as that.

Maybe that’s why they assigned her here. Rocket was in no way pleased with her capture. Although she ensured them she remained loyal and silent, they no doubt didn’t want this to happen again.

So, this was either a mission to teach her a thing or two about combat or . . . it was meant to get her killed and thin out the weak ones, included. A suspicious gaze glanced over at the grunt.

notes: &

tl;dr: Lex doesn’t know wtf to do with any of this lol

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 0:48:19 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Wait a minute.” Rowan pushed back the hood of his ghillie suit with a hand and stepped towards with scrutinizing eyes, finding their appearance familiar but unable to place them for a moment. “You’re the one who tried to eat a fossil at Meteor Falls.” Recognition struck suddenly within his mind, vividly remembering where he’d seen this person before. “Ji-hoon, right?” Rowan had only met their civilian persona and he was surprised to discover that the strange chance encounter ended up being one of his comrades in Team Rocket. “I didn’t think I'd ever see you again.”

An eyebrow raised at the question that posed, unsure of what she was getting at. “We’re supposed to use them to hunt the Noivern, what do you mean?” Fingers trailed over the various weapons as he inspected each one of them, finally scooping up the Long Sword and slinging it over his back. “Can’t be too much different than fencing, right?” Rowan shrugged softly and stepped over into position, waiting for Alexandra to make her decision.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 4:20:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Chu-e Choi, actually. Ji-Hoon is my civilian name." It was said kind of absently in reply, one of the blades lifted up to his face as he examined the cut. Could be sharper... but it would do for what it was. "You two are shit at close combat." Since his weapon was selected, he started pulling the armor from the other case and put it on. It was kind of ugly but it would work. They were, after all, going to be fighting a massive and violent pokemon with their sharp and pointy sticks. They needed a little something to keep them from dying.

"At least that's what I was told on the reports. Lab boys need these tested. We can take in a live sample of a weird ass pokemon. Sounded like a win-win-win to me!" Not waiting on the other two, Chu-e picked a direction and started walking. This Noivern had to be around here somewhere.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:37:26 GMT

wasn’t wrong. She was shit at close combat. Lex hadn’t witnessed ’s demonstration in the Cave of Origin but obviously it wasn’t impressive based on Chu-e’s blunt description of the two.

’s obvious comment was met with a sigh and clod glare. She was too exhausted to be snarky today, so Lex remained quiet, a surprise for all surely.

Lex followed Chu-e‘s lead and picked out some weapons. Having had limited experience with any of this, she opted for something that look simple and that she may have at least seen before. Lex catered to her natural athleticism and chose items that wouldn’t slow her down. The strapped a belt that held a number of throwing knives around her waist and a dagger to the inside of her calf. She chose some light armor that wouldn’t impede her movements. Knowing that the knives probably wouldn’t cut it, she grabbed another weapon. She shrugged a quiver of arrows and a bow over her shoulder and across her back. A bow and arrow as simple enough… right? Just pull, aim, shoot?

With a concerned sigh that reflected the lack of confidence she felt about this whole mission, she followed after . Guess the best way to learn was by jumping right in.

tl;dr: Lex grabs some light armor, a couple of throwing knives/daggers to strap on and a bow with a quiver of arrows.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 3:53:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Loud and clear.” Seemed as though Chu-e wanted one of them to come equipped with ranged weaponry, so he obliged. “I’ll grab this thing, then.” Rowan placed the sword back onto the rack and retrieved what appeared to be some kind of bowgun, cocking the mechanism back with a sharp click. “Let me armor up and I'll be ready.”

Outfitting himself took a few minutes, but he was eventually prepared for battle against the massive Noivern, adjusting the helmet that was slightly too big for his head. “Let’s go hunting.” Hefting the weapon over his shoulder, Rowan started walking towards the mountain where the Pokemon was last to be seen.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 2:32:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When he was a ways ahead, Chu-e stopped to peer up at what seemed to be a bunch of branches on the upper part of a tree that had been broken off. Maybe from a descent? Maybe for fun? It looked rough, whatever had happened. If they were lucky, the Noivern could already be wounded and might be easier for them to take down in claw-to-sword combat.

He still, for the moment, ignored the two at his back, going off in the vague direction the breaks looked like they took place. Soon, he came upon what looked like a massive print in the dirt.

"Looks like we're on the right track!" They just had to follow the prints and find the pokemon, right? So, eyes sharp on the ground, Chu-e moved from print to print until...

Over a ridge, the massive Noivern was in the middle of a clearing, curled up and asleep. It was wounded, in it's wing at least a little, so it looked like they were in the clear.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 20:13:56 GMT

Lex used the opportunity of the walk to pull her hair back into a tight bun in preparation for close combat. She also familiarized herself with the armor, how it moves, how it feels. It’s strange to bear the extra weight. She already feel slower, more cumbersome even though what she chose was the lightest available. It’s tight in places, obviously new and unused. The thief rolls her shoulders and swings her arms as they walk to stretch out the material.

All the while, amber eyes closely watch Chu-e. Obviously, the Underboss knew what he was doing or else they wouldn’t have paired them all up for this mission. Lex wouldn’t waste the opportunity; she’d observe and learn.

Eventually, they find their prey. Lex carefully peered over the ridge at the large, injured Noivern. Looks like luck was on their side today (so far). It’s sleeping, as long as they stayed quiet, they could use the element of surprise against it, “Should we surround it?” she suggested, confident in her stealth skills to be able to quietly sneak past the pokemon and approach from the other side.

tl;dr: Lex suggests surrounding it

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 19:41:46 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Surrounding is a good idea.” Rowan nodded in agreement with , keeping his voice quiet so they didn’t lose the element of surprise. “I’ll take the high ground.” A better position with the weapon he was carrying, aiming upwards didn’t tend to be conducive for landing shots. He climbed upwards on a nearby embankment, making his way up the rocky face with stealth until he was overlooking the Noivern down below.

A hand gesture was given to the other two, steadying the barrel of his bowgun on a nearby formation of stone. As soon as his partners were in position, he’d be ready to open fire on the Noivern, though not a moment sooner.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 9:47:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Excellent idea, Lex." He nodded to her and as their plan was made. He would wait for the other two to move before going to fill in his own spot. The knives were short range so he had to get in close. Sure hope that Rowan didn't shoot him by accident.

Only whenever they were in position did he give a signal, charging forward from where he was stationed to the side of the Noivern. He would do a quick series of slashes with the knives before darting back.

As expected, the Noivern, awoken from it's slumber, was not very happy.

It pushed itself up and roared loudly before trying to swipe it's tail at the human pests.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 18:29:29 GMT

They seemed to agree with the idea. After confirmation, they separated. took the high ground and Lex used her level 100 sneaking skills to make an arc around the Noivern and approach from behind.

Once in place, gave the signal. With the Underboss as a distraction up front, it’s easy for the red head to sprint forward and leap onto the Noivern’s back. With knives in hand, she presses down, driving them into the pokemon’s fur. A terrible SCREECH rings in her ears from the pokemon’s surprise and pain. She grips the handles of the blade, holding on tightly as it attempts to buck her off.

&

tl;dr: Lex sneaks from behind and attempts to leap onto its back and stab a knife into it and hold on for dear life cause she’s stoopid -thumbs up-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Colossal Task [M/C]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:32:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: