[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Then you're just like the rest of us, Greyson. Fumbling through the dark trying to find the light switch."[break][break]

"Mmm!"[break][break]

Mid-sip, the mention of Lavaridge brings a wide smile to her face. Whatever moment of grief had flashed across her face was immediately replaced with delight at the mention of home. [break][break]

"So you're on your way to meet then, are you? That's exciting!"[break][break]

With a twist of the cap, the water bottle is resealed. She stuffs it back in her pack, momentarily distracted as her belongings are rearranged to make room.[break][break]

"Hm? Oh, I'm--"[break][break]

But the man's attention is already gone, prioritizing another wild Pokemon encounter. She can't blame him, and she can't fault him either. He said he had plans to finish the circuit by the end of the year - and this was the best way to do that. [break][break]

This time, or rather, for the second time, Stormy reclines on her heel to watch and see how the young man handles himself. She is so focused, in fact, that when a Fletchinder passes them by. The Pyroar do, however, and they make short work of batting the poor thing around like a loose toy. [break][break]

Stormy chastises them later for being so obtuse, insisting that 'senseless battery' is not a joke.[break][break]

"That's sweet. I like a man who can dish out some damage but show off a soft side."[break][break]

The second Pokemon that had arrived with the Chimchar was now in Stormy's pocket after having been thoroughly trampled by the two stiff-legged young men behind her. They grumble in unison at having had their plaything removed.[break][break]

"Fighting should always be the last choice, I think. Sometimes it's necessary, and sometimes it's nice to show off your skills in a skirmish- but sometimes.. it's nice to just be nice."[break][break]

She tosses the Fletchinder's pokeball up and down in her palm, snatching it with a resounding smack. With a lift of one shoulder and a smirk, the woman gestures for him to keep on following.[break][break]

"C'mon, we should keep up the pace if we plan on making it to Lavaridge before nightfall. Zac's a good dude, but I doubt he's too keen on staying up late waiting on a challenger."[break][break]

capture attempt on fletchinder[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 16:22:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

a strange sense of comfort washes over greyson at her words. there's always a worming sense of doubt in whether or not he's doing the right thing; making the right decisions; or even acting out in the best interest of everyone. greyson finds himself pleased that he's not the only one with no real idea what they're doing. being an adult wasn't like they made it out to be when he was a kid.

"uh... i think?" was this the gym leader? wait, did she think he was going to challenge the gym already? he was no where near ready. he starts to listens to her reasoning for being here, already forming a reply in his mind to her bubbling excitement, when they're interrupted.

when greyson turns to see how stormy was fairing, it was unsurprising how easy she had made it seem. he blushes and turns his head awkwardly. if she was flirting, was greyson expected to reciprocate? was he looking too deep into it? she'd been nice to him this entire time, so why would it be different now? before he could mentally come undone, he replies to her next comment. "i agree," greyson starts, probably replying to her quicker than normal, as he turns to look at her again. "fighting can be fun- i think my grookey especially enjoys it- but i like to think that you can start off on a good foot with a pokemon that already is starting to trust you." did that sound manipulate-y? he hoped not.

when stormy gestures at him to continue falling, he hesitates. zac again, he thinks. should he correct her? it wasn't that big of a deal, right? besides, there's nothing to say he has to challenge the gym. it's not like stormy is going check-up on him or anything.

"r-right." he stutters. "coming."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 19:50:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VULPIX APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GRUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IMPRISON
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NIDORINA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC SPIKES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLATTER

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 1:33:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Yeah!" she pauses, her bottle of water crackling as she takes another aggressive sip. "Zac's the current Lavaridge gym leader. Did a pretty good job with the renovations and stuff, too. It looks fantastic."[break][break]

Far better, she thinks, than the work she'd originally done. The woman appears temporarily lost in thought, thinking back to those baby Japanese maples she'd put in. [break][break]

If he appears at all uncomfortable with their train of conversation, Stormy doesn't notice in the slightest. Rather, her absent-minded attention returns to him with a slow side-eye into a warm smile as her cheek tilts back to him. [break][break]

"Exactly! I don't mind a good skirmish every now and then- it's good exercise- but sometimes it's nice to just.. hold out your hand with your eyes closed with a handful of pokefood. It's thrilling."[break][break]

Why? Because you might open them and find a Pidgey, and you might open them and find a salivating, not-so-friendly Houndoom and a few missing fingers. The possibilities were endless and it was enough to keep her guessing.[break][break]

"Everything okay?"[break][break]

But just as she turns back to make sure he's following alright, she spies two new faces peeking out from the corners of their tunnel. [break][break]

"Oh, Greyson! Check it out, we have a few new friends!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 2:50:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson isn't quite sure how he was going to broach the subject - if, honestly, he intended to at all- of challenging the gym leader with stormy. it was worrisome for the immediate future of an awkwardless departure later, that she seemed to know this gym leader personally. she could of course have battled him herself and have gotten on a first name basis with this 'zac'. but somehow greyson doubted it was just that.

"i agree," he adds as stormy finishes, still feeling the excitement from the encounter with the fire-pokemon. having the trust of another creature, while not entirely, but enough to make them feel much more at ease with you, was truly satisfying. it made you feel.. important in a sense. if asked to explain, greyson knew he'd fumble. when it seemed she was sensing his tension, he took a breathe, really to confess everything. "w-well, see..." but fate had other plans.

the two pokemon regarded both stormy and greyson with a mixture of emotions. the nidorina seemed upset at the vulpix for some odd reason, but even more so disturbed by the presence of the two humans. the look on it's face spelled trouble and greyson wasn't quite sure how things would go. the vulpix on the other hand kept it's attention on stormy.

"what're you thinking," he asked, not taking his eyes off the poison-type. "easy way, or hard way?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 1:51:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy's attention lingers on the stutter on his lips briefly, caught by his awkwardness. Fortunately for him, however, she is promptly drawn away by a cute and fluffy creature. Where he picks out the Nidorina, she is smitten immediately with the little six-tailed fox pup. [break][break]

"Awww-- it's so cute!"[break][break]

Unlike the last few Vulpix she had caught in the wild, however, this one was not quite as friendly. To be fair, the last one she'd found had been blind. This one was far stronger and far less interested in being gushed over by a spindly-legged human.[break][break]

So when the woman steps forward to greet it, the Vulpix responds with a fire blast to Stormy's face.[break][break]

And Stormy comes out the other side with a slow blink and a cough. What probably should have left burns left nothing behind at all. She brushes hair out of her face and pouts.[break][break]

"Well that was only incredibly unfriendly."[break][break]

In the background, Greyson is handling his own wild Pokemon situation, and Stormy redirects her attention back to the spitfire little bastard in front of her. He was fine, evidently, and so she rises back to her feet.[break][break]

"Mine's taking the hard way."[break][break]

Stormy takes a few steps back, allowing her pair of overzealous lions to take control of the situation. Vulpix's tails droop and what was once overconfidence is replaced with flattened ears and dread.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 4:36:08 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

stormy was a complex case. she's shown that she could be brash, whimsical, and strangely wise. but the thing that was most surprising, and for reasons unknown to him, she was really... adorable? her excitement about challenging the gym. the giddiness that rolled out of her in waves when encountering random pokemon. the sincerity in her eyes when she spoke, passion lighting an unquenchable fire within' them. with each emotional climb she took, greyson was there with her.

and he didn't know why.

violet eyes linger on stormy for a second longer before turning to the quarry before him. they flick upwards at the slightest sign of movement, watching closely as a drop of liquid falls from it's horn and onto the cavern floor. greyson swallows and tenses his fingers around one of the capsules at his waist. he nearly jumps when one of the other orbs respond instead, and the light takes form is that of a pokemon he wouldn't have thought about.

"rae? what are you doing?" bewilderment, then concern wash over greyson as he moves to approach the shiny ponyta. instead, she bucks and shakes, forcing her trainer back. rae's attention shifts onto the cobalt skinned aggressor before her. greyson looks back to look at stormy, somehow deep inside nervous about her validation when it came to his rogue pokemon and instead saw...

"what the hel-" his words fall as swift as if they'd taken a leapt off a cliff face. flames danced up and along the walls and ceiling of the cavern for a moment before sputtering to non-existence. but, that didn't hold his attention. the petite fire-spirited woman who he'd come to appreciate over this last half hour or so had simply walked through a massive FIRE BLAST. his mouth was held agape large enough to catch magikarp. stunned, the noise of battle shattered the stupor. with reluctance he turned back to his own affairs.

what the fuck just happened? no matter. it can wait.

rae's DAZZLING GLEAM lit the cavern like an eighties themed sadie hawkings dance. each strike embedded itself against the thick hide of the poison-type, drawing trickles of blood. a black-eye was already forming inside the frame of a hoof-print he had missed being applied. with a last ditch effort her opponent opened it's mouth and shot out a flurry of TOXIC SPIKES. however, rae wasn't having it. following it with a FAIRY WIND, it collided with the nidorina's and propelled itself AND the enemies attack back onto it.

that sealed it.

tossing a lazy ball at the downed pokemon, he turned his attention back to stormy and her fight. entranced, he checks her over from behind. no damage. no flush to her unblemished skin. she looked... well, as beautiful as she did when they first met not too long ago. hadn't he noticed that before?

"so did mine." he replies, unsure of what to say to the scene he just witnessed. "are you, uh-.. are you alright?"

notes + capture attempt!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 6:46:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
It was a show of strength for her to exist like she was- without outwardly expressing the burden that weighed heavily on her shoulders, without breathing life to the grief that hung like a dark cloud. She shuffled it aside when under the watchful gaze of another. Where his perception of her could be misconstrued, she chose to be strong, chose to show him what she wished was the truth.[break][break]

So when he looks at her and sees her strength, she is holding fast to that truth. She is choking down that little, flickering light of panic, of grief, of self-doubt.[break][break]

And for a moment, when even the Vulpix can see through her, it falters. Her voice trembles for just a moment when she had spoken out loud following being blasted. There is a twitch, a flicker of reality, one that she quickly brushes off like the ash on her skin. Her clothing remains intact if only because of the power of anime and flame-resistant stitching.[break][break]

The woman's Pyroar collapse upon the Vulpix, exacting revenge. Yet even they seem to pull their punches, treading a fine line between playing with their food and expressing dominance and leadership. The Vulpix bends the knee eventually- but only after suffering a burn, something that shouldn't be possible but is as a result of the strength Stormy is able to lend to her Pokemon.[break][break]

With a gentle underhand toss, the empty pokeball leaves her palm to seal the Vulpix inside. And when Stormy glances back, she finds that Greyson's attention is filled with concern. It leaves her in stunned silence as she stares back, red eyes wide while she studies his face and his expression.[break][break]

"Sure, why wouldn't I be?"[break][break]

Instinctively, the woman is defensive seemingly without reason. His concern is met with a wall, one that she forces herself to relax when something else distracts her and diverts her nervous attention. Agitation lends the way to quiet relief as the edge of the quarry opens up in front of them. With a wave of her hand, she beckons him.[break][break]

"Check this out. This is my favourite spot out here."[break][break]

Stormy offers him a small smile before inclining her head. Her toes inch toward the very edge of the drop. Heat rises from beneath them and she closes her eyes, allowing the air to rise and blow her hair around gently. It tickles her chin and cheek and she lets out a deep sigh.[break][break]

"Doesn't it feel like you could just... fly?"[break][break]

capture attempt on vulpix[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 7:21:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRAIXEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LUCKY CHANT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HOWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL TRAP

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 22:13:02 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

he can’t help but feel impressed continuously by the ease at which stormy handles the threat before her. she was good. better than anyone greyson has seen up till now. when she walks out of the flames, body and clothes in-tact. his impression of her only soars to new heights.

“you… just got hit by a flame that can melt steel,” he says, his voice more calm than he realized it would be. still, the hesitation in his words are clear as day. as if he almost questions his own sanity as he speaks. each word as heretical as the last. her body languages screams ‘defense’ and not for the first time today, greyson wonders if he overstepped.

still, he walks out with her and feels the air rise up around them. it’s warm and in any other scenario, uncomfortable. but with skin slicked in sweat, it sends chilling tingles all the way across from him. the edges of his clothes lift and for the faintest of moments he wonders if his feet left the ground, would he soar?

“yeah.. it does.” he says, a bit breathless. he takes her in again and feels warmth in her giddiness. it brings him a small joy. "i can see why you like this place," he says. greyson takes a long, deep breathe, unaware of a nearby, lurking presence.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 1:48:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Ahh.."[break][break]

It hadn't occurred to her that he'd witnessed that. Her ever-growing abilities had become virtually second-nature by now, so much so that she didn't blink in the face of danger in the same way she might have before. To be doused in flames was nothing she couldn't handle anymore. It came with the territory, and she hadn't felt the brush of flames since succumbing to the volcano.[break][break]

"Have you ever met a God?"[break][break]

Stormy turns to face him, pulling away from the edge. She exhales calmly through her nose, glancing up to the sky. It feels ominous, but her brows come together in conflict.[break][break]

Fortunately, Greyson diverts the conversation by answering her previous question. It pulls her from her thoughts and back down to him. The woman's gaze is warm as she studies him, taking care to appreciate how easy-going he had been so far.[break][break]

"It's one of my favourites."[break][break]

Rumbling stirs from further ahead, and the ground shakes with each step their unseen observer makes. Not far away, a Braixen is practicing her spell-casting. It seems to be a work in progress, however, and one that would soon end in disaster. What the wild Pokemon thinks is a target prime for target practice is actually the back-side of the slow-moving Turtonator.[break][break]

"Get down!"[break][break]

The shell trap of the Turtunator detonates as soon as the psybeam makes contact. Shrapnel and flames fly in all directions as the Pokemon's shell explodes outward. Stormy grabs hold of Greyson's arm to drag him to the ground. She makes the attempt to press against him in order to protect him from any too-hot debris.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 4:58:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson doesn't answer her question. he lets it sit and stew as he himself get's lost in the freedom of their actions. has he ever met a god. he was positive that would consider himself one, should he be asked. but his ego wasn't inflated so much as it was a deflection. but, he could say with confidence he hadn't. and was about too, before hell broke loose. again.

arceus. this cave was a gods damn death trap.

his peace is shattered in the explosion, and was further tossed in disarray at stormy's touch. her hands, true to her word, felt hot and greyson wondered how he didn't realize this when he grabbed her before. she was strong, empowered by his surprise, as she pulls greyson down with her. with a grunt of equal parts pain and surprise, he meets the cavern ground. air is forced out of his lungs in the size of a fist, an involuntary rasp escaping him as he sucks in desperate air.

then stormy is atop him. the heat of her body felt like an oven door freshly opened. he blinked away the initial stinging, though, he was confident the temperature in the cavern didn't help either. but for once, he didn't focus on the anxiety or the nerves of it all. instead, his eyes darted around the cavern above them, widening at the realization. he didn't wait for permission. greyson threw one arm around stormy's waist, holding her as if for leverage, and then reached down onto his side for the only person he knew was up for the task.

then he yelled one name.

"ELLIE!"

the comfey appeared in bright ivory flashes, her eyes darting upwards in concern. the light spirited fairy-type's expression shifted to resemble a mother zebstrika's when protecting her foal. she threw her arms out, each barely larger than a penny and called into existence one massive FLOWER SHIELD. large chunks of rock, superheated by the environment, rained down on the two. they collided with the comfey's defensive measures, thunderous booms echoing in the enclosed space. even with the defensive measure above him, he needed to be sure. lifting up his right leg, he pushed himself and stormy over, ensuring his body was between certain death and her. if there were any after effects, FLOWER VEIL would prove helpful.

it stopped moments later.

from inches away, violet eyes stared back down at her. studying her. no obvious injuries he could see.

"are you alright?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 3:05:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
The two hit the ground awkwardly. Stormy's elbow crushes Greyson to the ground, the other bounces off the uneven, rocky terrain painfully. But it would be nothing compared to the probable impact of the stalactites above crashing down around them. She gasps, blinking away spots of pain as she refocuses on the man she'd just full-body tackled to the ground.[break][break]

But their moment is short-lived as his body presses up towards hers, pinning her tight against him. There is a window of surprise and embarrassment as her cheek brushes his, but then her shoulders are ground painfully into the ground and he is on top of her instead, protecting her from the crashing ceiling. [break][break]

And all she can think of is how stupid that was.[break][break]

He asks her if she is okay and her brain is white-hot with two parts rage and one part fear. Although his attention on her is one of concern, she is in fight or flight mode. There was no possible reason for him to know who or what she was, no way he could have known, and yet he had instinctively put himself between her and certain death.[break][break]

"Are you stupid? You could have gotten yourself killed!"[break][break]

Frankly, she could have too, as she hadn't really pieced together the falling ceiling. Only after her fiery gaze skirts past the dirt on his cheek and to the exhausted Comfrey and her flower shield does she slow her roll a bit. But only a bit. Stormy groans, leaning back and wincing at the tightness in her shoulder.[break][break]

"I saved you."[break][break]

Something in her pocket squirms violently before freeing itself. The Klefki is a little bit bent and indignant, gasping dramatically as it pulls itself out of her back pocket. The Turtonator has exhausted itself from the commotion, paired with the two lions interference. They seemed to have survived the mild cave-in to successfully take down the dragon.[break][break]

But the Klefki rushes over to plant a particularly potent draining kiss on the Braixen, stunning it into a sitting position. The energy the fairy-type receives grants it enough strength to bend itself back into position.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,945 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 3:45:53 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson watches from inches away as her face goes through a myriad of different stages. fear. concern. sorrow. rage. it's a struggle to keep up, yet still he tries. he nearly flinches when she yells at him from this close, the heat in her voice burning more than the air in his lungs. "i wasn't really keeping track of who saved who," he says, a hint of irritation in his voice. her reaction had caught him off guard and was entirely unwarranted. what the hell?

greyson rolls over onto his side, letting stormy free. quickly though, he pushes himself to his feet and raises his hands to catch the comfey. building the shield had taken more out of her than was usually asked, and she seemed paler; more tired. "thank you love. get some rest." with a small squeak, she returned to the comfort of her capsule.

he was careful to avoid stormy, lest he feel more of her wrath. greyson understood her reaction. it was a very tense, and terrifying moment. people often reacted like that out of fear. still, his life had been in danger too. yet was he losing his mind? the cadet wiped off his shoulders, chest and pants free of debris. he notices a few small scrapes and feels a throbbing headache pulsate down to his neck.

he spared a cursory glance at the downed fire witch, tossing a small orb that encapsulated her into ivory light. with a sigh, he moves back to stormy, rubbing his forehead.

"how's your shoulder?"

notes + capture of the braxien!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 0:42:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy is still rattled even as he rolls off of her to allow her the space to get to her feet. She pushes off the ground, ignoring the sting of sharp gravel beneath her palms. With a groan, she rises to her feet, fighting the ache in her shoulder and the pain in her neck. She is unsteady on her feet at first as she makes her way toward the fallen Turtonator.[break][break]

The empty pokeball in her hand is tossed toward the felled beast, absorbing the dragon. Her Pyroar lick their wounds and step gingerly over the rubble, as does she, just clumsier. Stormy glances back only after the man had returned the Comfey, and a pang of guilt rose to become a painful lump in her throat.[break][break]

"She gonna be okay?"[break][break]

Her concern overlaps with his, interrupting him at the same time he asks about her shoulder. Stormy glances at it and the blood that seeps down her back. It hurts to move it, but she can still flex her fingers and wiggle her toes, so it's probably fine.[break][break]

"I'll survive."[break][break]

But her golden Pyroar bumps her back arm to offer her the pokeball. She sucks in a sharp breath, white-hot pain stinging up her arm. More than likely it was dislocated. [break][break]

capture attempt on turtonator[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki