Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 3:53:13 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

sweat trickled down greyson's temple and down onto his cheek, his hand quickly moving to dab it with an already soaked rag. "not exactly what i had in mind when the internet mentions a shortcut..." he mumbled to himself, pinching the front of his shirt to feel any breeze. greyson pushed his shoulder forward, reaching behind him for the water bottle. nearly empty. great. throwing down what little of it was left he sighed and tossed the empty plastic back into his bag. he grabbed arco's ball and stared at it longingly. "why can't you have any water abilities yet," he grumbled, placing it back onto his belt.

pulling up the maps application on his phone, he held it in front of him, desperate to find a way through. no connection. great. he probably should've bought that map that was being sold just outside the cavern. didn't exactly seem on the up and up though. next time, greyson swore to himself.

next time.

notes + i hope there's enough to work with. feel free to ask for some pokemon if you want, or we can socialize for now. hype!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 20:20:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Rule number one of hiking or travelling of any kind: bring water.[break][break]

Okay, well maybe that wasn't rule number one, necessarily, but it was definitely high up there on the list of things to bring and be mindful of. Be prepared for anything, especially the chance that your half hour trip or shortcut might be extended unexpectedly.[break][break]

If she had learned anything at all from being stranded countless times on the fiery path, she'd learned to bring a few extra water bottles.[break][break]

So it is merely good timing and an inability to stand by in the face of someone who definitely needed her help- or was she just reading too far into it? [break][break]

Too late.
[break][break]
"You alright, man? Need some water, or a lift?"[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 3:49:30 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson saw the vague shape of an approaching person in his peripheral, wanting immediately to 'reset' and give the best possible version of himself. but, seeing as how his skin was slick in sweat, hair drenched and lips halfway to dry and cracked - it wasn't likely.

there was a time and place to save face and this wasn't it.

"uh, yeah, no. i'm okay." he said, wondering if he wasn't at least being partly dishonest. was this male bravado? pride? "i guess i forgot to pack the necessities." greyson chuckled, hand moving to rub his neck. a bad move. he pulled it back down, rubbing the sweat stained hand on the back of his pants.

"if you've got some extra water and maybe an idea of how to navigate this place?" greyson asked, hopeful. "read online this place was a shortcut, but-" he didn't finish, letting it sink in through just how worse for wear he looked that it wasn't, in fact, feeling that way to him.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 4:22:19 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PYROAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOXIE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDEAVOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AMOONGUSS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 5:22:23 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy takes it all in, the parched lips, the sweat beading on his brow, the look of quiet desperation. He looks like her, honestly, a version of herself that she hadn't seen in a long time.[break][break]
In comparison, she is positively radiant, with clear skin and no evidence of exertion or sweat. He wouldn't know it by looking at her, but she'd spent the most of her morning out here just testing her limits. [break][break]

"Uh, yeah, no-- you just contradicted yourself so I'm really not sure what the truth is."[break][break]

She squints, and although she isn't judging him, she's certainly concerned. But he wipes the sweat from his neck on his pants and her nose wrinkles a bit in disgust- though she says nothing outwardly. That would be rude, sweat was a normal bodily function. It wasn't his fault she didn't need to cool herself down anymore.[break][break]

"Here. And man.. the trick is to not think. Stop checking over your shoulder for landmarks, stop stressing, stop worrying about getting there on time. The fiery path is a maze only if you think it is. Just breathe and pick a direction- and trust your Pokemon. They know a hell of a lot more than you do."[break][break]

She clears her throat awkwardly, fishing the spare water bottle from her pack. Stormy tosses it to him without much further warning, though she appears mildly uncomfortable given the boatload of information she'd given him that he probably hadn't really asked for or wanted. [break][break]

"Are you the kind of person to believe anything you read on the internet?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 6:07:04 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

arceus, this was humiliating.

a deep shade of crimson rose across greyson's face as she spoke to him. she had a point, he knew. greyson wasn't exactly in a hurry when he had first decided to take this path, but that was soon all he could think about the further he went in. typically, he'd have one or two of his pokemon with him. for company, more than their sense of direction mostly. the only real exception was z. but the idea of bringing in a seven foot tall territorial bird of prey with wings sharper than knives in an already cramped space didn't exactly make greyson feel comfortable. the others were at a disadvantage due to their typing, so he wanted to spare them as much discomfort as possible.

the more he thought on it, the less he realized he probably should've came this way.

his hands reached out for the flying bottle, a shameful nod and an awkward smile of thanks sent her way as he caught it. "uh", he started, letting loose a deep breathe. "thanks. for the words and the water." he didn't want to take a drink of it yet. it was awkward enough right now. "still kind of new to all this and i guess the excitement got to my head. didn't really look too much into this place before just diving in." a rookie mistake, but also one easily avoided if he actually prepared for things before leaping into it. he'd work on it. probably.

taking her in for the first time, he couldn't help but notice how fine she was with all of this. not a bead of sweat on her skin, nor did she appear flushed in any way. perhaps she had a higher tolerance to the heat than greyson? he didn't think too much of it, instead turning his head to look a bit further down the cavern, a strange noise echoing. greyson furrowed his brow, but didn't take his eyes from the noises origin.

"did you hear that?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 3:38:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Despite the intensity of her earlier attempt to be helpful-- Stormy's pinched expression of confusion melts into an awkward, embarrassed smile. Her shoulders sink and relax and she lets out a chuckle. Another bottle of water is retrieved and she cracks it open to take a long sip. [break][break]

"Sorry, I really didn't mean to hop down your throat like that. I just hardly ever see people come this way. 'Too hot' or something."[break][break]

She winks, a poor attempt to be funny.[break][break]

"It's really not so bad, it's just a little bit daunting without a friend."[break][break]

Stormy shuffles the water bottle to her other hand, offering an admittedly damp-with-water bottle-condensation hand out to the man. [break][break]

"I'm Stormy--"[break][break]

But before introductions could be exchanged, Greyson's attention flicks over her shoulder. She follows it because of his prompt, dropping her hand.[break][break]

"Sounds like we might have some company."[break][break]

And, as if on cue, a Pyroar steps out from behind a craggy, superheated rock. It is regal and poised, staring them down as if they might be prey. But with Stormy's focus on the lion, she misses the lurking Amoonguss hiding in the cracks, waiting for them to step just a little bit closer.[break][break]

Just a little.. bit.. closer..[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 4:26:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson found the woman- stormy, her name evidently- to be quite charming despite the initial abrasiveness. greyson of course didn't hold it against her when she short with him. this likely wasn't her first time dealing with foolish tourists, and if he had to guess, probably not her last. he would've happily carried on their conversation if not for the untimely interruption that soon followed.

"i think so," he replied, his voice low. both of their attentions land on the fire-type as it emerges, it's mane a brilliant combination of gold and crimson. notable muscle is seen beneath the short-hair of it's fur and it stands poised and tall. it was an intimidating beast and it knew it.

greyson's brow furrowed, however. it was true that he had heard a noise, certainly, but it was more.. squish. could they have interrupted the predator during it's meal? no, that didn't seem the case. the fur around it's mouth had no traces of blood or gore of any kind. so what was that other sound he'd heard earlier? and weren't pyroar known as pack hunters? something felt... off.

the trainer's eyes shot out wide, his arm reaching out to grab the woman to his side around her bicep. he'd apologize later for not asking her permission first, but right now wasn't that time. with as much strength as he can muster, he pulls her, and himself back. he's careful not to overpower her and toss her to the ground, but greyson doubt's he'd even be able to man handle the woman enough to do so.

it's barely enough.

from above, neatly snugged into a crack into the cavern ceiling, a large mushroom like creature drops with a thud. it's FEINT ATTACK likely strong enough to break a bone or two. before the creature can move to attack again, greyson acts, his entire body surging with adrenaline. he tosses a dual-colored orb in front of him, a bright ivory light follows, soon fading into the form of arco, his poliwhirl. "we'll get this one," he says to stormy, not waiting for her reply before beginning his fight.

"arco, let's get it out of her way." the poliwhirl nods, raising it's gloved white fists in response. the cavern trembles slightly as arco's EARTH POWER lifts a boulder no bigger than himself and tosses it at the amoonguss. it makes contact, knocking the creature into the cavern wall and out of the general pathway. without being told, arco moves to follow.

notes + and they're off!
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 5:52:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
There is something particularly.. off.. about the way the Pyroar stands over them. As if it is watching, waiting, but looking right through them. Or perhaps, looking over them.[break][break]

She takes a step forward to investigate or to engage, fully prepared to dive into a Pokemon battle and get the party started. But fingers wrap around her bicep and squeeze, pulling her back with far more force than she'd put forward into walking. It startles her and she tenses her arm, glancing back at the man with a look of indignance and surprise.[break][break]

Even still, she allows herself to be tucked in behind the man just as the Amoonguss appears. It slams the ground with a tremor that rattles her clenched teeth, and she shifts her attention then to the Pyroar. For a moment, it almost looks as though it had been trying to warn them, posing itself as a barrier, a form of intimidation to prevent them from going further.[break][break]

It's a shame Stormy was so bold.[break][break]

"So you do have a Pokemon!"[break][break]

Despite nearly being crushed she remains in good spirits enough to tease. The man peels off to face the oversized mushroom, ultimately leaving her with the curiously aloof Pyroar. The beast's tail twitches and she can't help but see it as a challenge. She sets a smile upon her face before reaching for a pokeball. With a burst of light, it reveals a larger, golden Pyroar. The noble roar it pronounces is a challenge in and of itself.[break][break]

And the wild one happily rises to it. The pair leap into battle, all teeth and claws and guttural snarls.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 6:36:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson chuckles, more out of nerves and adrenaline than anything. "one or two," he replied, eyes darting between the pyroar and the amoonguss. it says something that despite the apparent ambush, stormy is far more calm and collected than himself. cracking jokes in a situation like this? greyson was impressed. but then again he wasn't yet the veteran trainer she was. it was hard to split his attention. so he didn't. greyson copied arco's advance, sticking close to the wall as he did so.

already the grass- and poison-type was regaining it's balance, slight bruising becoming visible on the surface of it's skin. it'd take a lot more than that to fell this creature, greyson knew, but it was a good start. "we need to finish this quickly," he told arco, watching the dual-type peel itself off the wall. the longer this dragged on, the more likely arco was to get injured due to the wild pokemons type advantage.

"hit it again," he commanded, the poliwhirl once more taking a piece of earth and hurling it the fungus pokemon. if he couldn't beat it in one go, he was hoping using EARTH POWER to whittle the creatures stamina down would suffice. as the rock covered the distance, it impacted with a solid thawck, breaking apart on the amoonguss's body. why hadn't it dodged? was it too injured from the previous attack to move? when the dust cleared, however, greyson's jaw set.

the wild pokemon's body was encased in an aura of ghostly red energy. it was something greyson had never seen before, but he knew something had to be up. "get read-" he tried to yell. but it was too late. a beam of condensed white energy shot from the center of the amoonguss's body, directly towards the poliwhirl. arco, sensing trouble already, had just enough time to get his arms up in an x formation in front of him. the BIDE empowered energy landed squarely against both of his forearms and the water-type was sent airborne into the cavern wall.

greyson watched the entire ordeal, quickly diving out of the way of the flying creature. what the hell was that? greyson promised he'd figure that out later, but for now, he needed to get this over with. "arco buddy, you alright?" he asked, voice carrying towards the injured poliwhirl. he noticed a line of blueish blood beneath his mouth, but said nothing as arco got back to his feet, grim determination in his eyes. "like we practiced," he instructed, hopeful the poliwhirl would understand.

arco only nodded, bellowing out the latter of his name twice. with a push off the wall, he set off to a sprint, gloved fists banging against the hypnotic pattern of his stomach in a BELLY DRUM. each time his fist made contact, greyson could see the damage arco was doing to himself. but it was a necessary sacrifice. it was a strange ritual among their kind, but in return for damaging themselves, it also empowered them unbelievably. when the drumming stopped- it was time.

while the poliwhirl prepared it's attack, the amoonguss wasn't slacking itself. it's bulbous eyes tracked the water-type as it ran, short, stubby arms placed in front of it. with a last ditch effort it released a wavelength of violet energy, it's ASTONISH covering the gap between them incredibly fast. arco simply barreled through it. putting every last ditch of his empowered attack into his body, the poliwhirl's shoulder lowered and placed itself squarely into the amoonguss's chest, the BODY SLAM carrying him one last time into the cavern wall. rock was shaken loose from the cavern ceiling at the impact, but the grass- and poison-type pokemon lie still, beaten.

arco sat, stamina drained and heavily beaten from the ordeal. most of the damage was self-inflicted luckily, but he'd still need a break before he was fit to go fighting anything else. "good job buddy. get some rest." greyson returned the grateful water-type to it's ball and tossed an empty one at the wild pokemon. he wasn't interested in the creature for his team, but maybe he could trade it to someone else. finally, he turned his attention to stormy and the pyroar and-

well, this was a sight.

notes + capture attempt on amoonguss.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 7:15:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
The two sprang apart, tails lashing, fangs bared, a rumble in their chests. They circle each other like some sort of stiff-legged dance, desperate to outplay the other, but far too identical for that to ever happen. They were like mirror images of one another.[break][break]

Stormy watches, fascinated, as slowly but surely, her own Pyroar closes the gap. The rivalry they encourage is overwhelming, neither willing to back down. Of course, their prideful stance is cut short as they both startle at the explosion nearby. The Amoonguss' bide packs a punch that rattles the whole cavern, and it seems that when it comes down to it, neither Pyroar are brave enough to stand their ground. They kick up dirt and jump in tandem to stand side by side, fur bristling in their fright.[break][break]

Their disagreement is all but lost on them as they watch the fight between the Poliwhirl and its much, much larger opponent. Mesmerized by the belly drum and the incredibly display of strength the little water-type Pokemon delivers, it discourages either of them from continuing, lest that wrath be turned around on them.[break][break]

In fact, the two look at each other and look away, visibly disinterested. They huff, and Stormy's pushes his head beneath her palm. Not long after, the other one tentatively sniffs at her fingers.[break][break]

"Well-- looks like it was the Amoonguss that was the real threat. The Pyroar was just here to warn us. Pretty ominous and not very helpful, but I suppose they can't exactly tell us what's on their mind."[break][break]

Stormy turns her attention back to the young man, blinking as he returns his Poliwhirl and captures the Amoonguss.[break][break]

"But on the bright side, it seems that we have ourselves a guide now. Funny how things fall into place like that - but I suppose now you're stuck with me."[break][break]

She winks, before approaching the spot the Amoonguss had sat. The woman scuffs the ground with her boot, covering an oozy purple puddle with dirt. She inclines her head, gesturing to the mess, before pointing up at the ceiling.[break][break]

"Careful not to step in its ooze. I don't know about you, but I don't know where that fella's been. And these are brand new shoes."[break][break]

In a brief show of hands, Stormy would make quick work of the wild Pyroar's capture, only to send it back out again to be their guide.[break][break]

capture attempt on pyroar[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 18:46:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

when greyon turns on his heel to see how stormy was fairing, expecting some grand duel between two prideful pyroar's for dominance, the scene certainly surprised him. where he expected regal kings circling one another, greyson instead found two docile kittens with nervous twitches. either they had witness what arco could do- a task that took all he had to muster- or they simply didn't wish to fight one another. either way, the matter seemed to be settled, and that satisfied greyson.

"yeah, i think you're right," greyson said, agreeing with the woman. the adrenaline from the whole affair was just tapering off, greyson's mouth swallowing in an attempt to get some liquid down his throat. he picked up the water bottle from it's place on the cavern ground and, this time without caring, took a long gulp of it. he released one large breathe at the end, then finally another more calming one. he then bends down and retrieves the now unmoving ball from it's spot, and tucks it away, all while listening to her as she speaks. "next time, i call dibs on the one that's not interested in a fight." he chuckles as he says it, ensuring she doesn't mistake it for anything but a joke. well, mostly a joke.

he looks down at his beat-up chucks at her comment, but nods all the same. there were probably a few cracks in the soles, and he definitely didn't want whatever that was to seep through. "i wouldn't expect one of those down in here," he said, stopping to also look at the gunk. "could it have perhaps adapted to the heat?" the question is more for his own thinking than for her, but that doesn't stop him from asking it aloud. suddenly, he remembered they were in the middle of something earlier.

"right, before we got interrupted," he says, standing again. "stormy, right?" at least he remembered that. "greyson," he holds out his hand a second later, making sure it's more condensation from the water bottle than sweat. "and, i don't mind being stuck with you if it's any consolation. you seem to know a hell of a lot more than me when it comes to this place." and in general he wants to say, but doesn't. still, the smile he puts on his friendly and his eyes are earnest.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 22:28:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
fiery path

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy averts her eyes from staring at him directly while he drinks, opting to settle on the pair of lions as they picked their way forward. Their tails swing in tandem, and all sense of their previous aggression had seemingly melted away. Greyson's chuckle prompts a lazy smile from the woman, and she glances back at him while she picks her way past the ooze.[break][break]

"You can see it in their eyes if they're looking for a fight or not. Sometimes it's difficult to see, other times impossible. But there can be another path than one of violence. Not everyone is looking to rock your socks."[break][break]

The Amoonguss, however, had very clearly been looking to pick a fight. Or, more accurately, have them both for an early dinner. But she reasoned that it had acted out of desperation, out of starvation. He voices aloud her own inner questioning, and she answers it as if he had asked her personally.[break][break]

"Hoenn hasn't been the same since the aliens came. I think a lot of Pokemon have been displaced and affected by the poisons from the war. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is."[break][break]

For now.[break][break]

Stormy clears her throat awkwardly, realizing that emotion had bubbled to her surface without her catching it. But then his hand is held out to her and she follows the length of it back up to his face. He's charming, friendly, and he's introducing himself: finishing what she had started.[break][break]

So she takes his hand and shakes it, offering his palm a playful squeeze.[break][break]

"The trick is to talk confidently. Confidence can move mountains if you believe in what you're saying."[break][break]

And then she tugs him toward her before turning to help (regardless of if he wanted her help) pass the ooze. Only if he pulled out of her grasp or once they were safely past it did she let him go. That same hand would then reach for another sip of her water bottle.[break][break]

"So, Greyson, where were you trying to go?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 23:11:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLETCHINDER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ME FIRST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHIMCHAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NASTY PLOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLACK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,913 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
semblance [dw]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 0:01:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson's attention falls on stormy as she talks. despite seeming younger than him, her knowledge of battle and the instincts that follow was impressive. it was a gentle reminder just how far he had left to go. determination creeps up through him, riding his veins like a bolt of lightning, and he found himself goofingly grinning. he quickly dropped it. she probably thought he was odd enough. "i think i understand what you mean. sometimes i feel like i can read a pokemon's expression more clearly than a humans," greyson admitted, thinking back to when the poliwhirl had broken the perimeter of their camp in search of food. "and sometimes i feel like i don't know anything at all," he finished, chuckling again.

quickly though, tension rose in the air. it felt as present as the heat in the chamber and greyson was silent at the mention of war and aliens. he knew nothing about these. rumors'; videos; articles. but nothing personal at stake. he didn't know what to tell stormy to.. comfort her? did she even seem the type to want to be comforted? instead, he awkwardly swallowed, thankful when she cleared her throat and accepted his handshake. there was a quick burst of pressure as stormy squeezed his hand, but it was more friendly than challenging, he noted.

"confidence, right. that makes sense." if only it was that easy. he'd been doing his best to muster confidence since he asked kayla out in his sophomore year of high school. greyson thought he was prepared for a no, and in truth, he was. but when she laughed? oof. so if he was being honest, confidence wasn't his forte.

he feels his body tugged forward and almost stumbles for a moment. instead, he grips stormy's hand harder and takes her help across the toxic miasma. she lets go as greyson turns to look at the goo behind him. "uh, lavaridge actually," he replies absentmindedly, turning to her as she talks, watching her take a sip of water. "i'm checking out as many gyms as i can, before i start challenging them. i'm hoping to be be fully done with the lot before the end of the year." he takes a sip of water too. "what about you?" he asks, spotting something out of the corner of his eye. he suppresses a groan.

"this place is busy today, isn't it?"

two pokemon finally approach, both a dozen feet apart and likely attracted by the sounds of the previous combat. it was probably foolish to have shaken the cavern so much, greyson concluded. he eyed the chimchar specifically, it's curious head cocked in their direction. it was hunched over, walking on it's knuckles and positioned so the right of it's body was facing them. with an exhale of breathe, he approached.

"it's eyes. it's eyes." like a mantra, he whispered it to himself, dropping to one knee half a dozen feet away from the monkey-pokemon. he hoped this wasn't a mistake. "hey, did we bother you guys earlier?" the fire-type moved a couple inches in his directions, muttering to itself. "sorry, it was our mistake; kind of wasn't thinking," he admitted, his voice still soft and enticing. one mistake and it could run off, or worse, give him a very unpleasant sunburn. "ah, i got something," greyson said, reaching into his pocket and retrieving a small bag of candy. "look, it's good, see?"

chimchar approached closer this time, inspecting the rainbow assorted candy now poured out onto greyson's palm. with quick, mischievous fingers, he snatched one and began to chew it. "it's good, right? here, have some more." chimchar did. this time, he didn't move off, and instead began eating without reservation. each hand barreling a piece of candy into it's mouth. it cried out in delight and greyson laughed. the fire-type's courage was set aflame as he grabbed the lower half of greyson's palm and began to jump up and down, still yelling out odd noises. greyson laughed again and chimchar took that as permission to climb atop him like a jungle gym.

in moments chimchar was reaching into greyson's hair in search of something to eat and thankfully, to grayson's relief, found nothing. that would've been soul crushingly embarrassing. he held out one of his empty pokeballs towards the chimchar who eyed it with a curious gaze. "what'ya say?" debating it a moment, chimchar pressed the button in the center and was absorbed in crimson light.

"i think i actually prefer that to fighting," he finally said, turning his attention to stormy to see how she was making out.

notes + capture attempt on chimchar. thank you for the mod!