part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 19:42:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

TINDERS SPARK TO CREATE SOMETHING ANEW

SWELTERING HEAT BLEEDS OUT WHATEVER WATER THEY HAVE. Sweat rolls off the edges of his brows in paced intervals. Small beads pool until the clump proves too heavy for the fine hairs to uphold. Fernando doesn’t bother wiping it off. As long as they remain within the Fiery Path any attempts to remains dry proves futile at best.

On your toes, Kingsman.

Fernando’s Heatran leads their expedition into Mount Chimney’s higher levels. Seismic activity in the area points to a possible eruption. Nothing doomsday level but the possibility of spilling lava means immense destruction if left unchecked. Their job is to observe and bend to the ebb and flow of nature. Maintain watch and curb the razing where they can.

Their hike is trial by fire. A mixture of altitude and geothermal temperatures exhaust them well before they make their way to the source.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 7:51:39 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Every SINGLE TIME they trained that damn Heatran had to be here with them. [break][break]

Honestly it was making the new avatar start to regret saying yes to Fernando's training with him. Though perhaps he was just angry over the fact everything had to be so fire focused every time they trained. He got it he had a fire legendary that didn't mean everything had to be revolved around it. Actually it might have been for the best, but in the end Razz was just not handling it well. [break][break]

"G-got it," he stuttered behind his mask to help with the ash, he doesn't seem too bothered by the heat around them but his problem more lied with his own mental issues. All it really felt like it matched the same heat he always had in his hands now. With him as usual was Salem plus the additional aide of his Golurk feeling that the ground type would be useful in this, plus the added resistance to heat for them seemed to make them a good idea for this job. [break][break]

Keeping back to keep distance from both the Heatran and the god damn lava he can't help but want to question fernando's choice in choosing this place. But there was a job to do so he'll focus on that, "So how did you want to do this sir?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 8:09:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

"YOU TELL ME, KINGSMAN."

Fernando has a plan. No doubt about it. But going with his plan isn't always the best course of action. Well, that's not true. More often that not his choice is the correct one. However, to get there requires learning how to make a well formulated decision.

"You're the ranger."

The easy way is to ask for advice from experts and understand the underlying thought process behind their decisions. In this case, he looks for Razz to detail his own methodology. How his differs is either a lesson learned for him or a chance for him to educate the ranger further.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 9:03:34 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

This is why you should've hired an Elite Ranger, is something he wants to tell him but he doesn't. Even worse the man brought the ranger with pyrophobia to deal with all this. Coming up with a plan would require him to get closer to the lava. If he were to get closer though he might panic more as while his explosions have allowed him to build up some type of resistance he wasn't fire proof. [break][break]

If he got closer would something happen? Were the fire pokemon here violent? Was it getting hotter? At the idea of things getting hotter he couldn't help but subconsciously put his hand over the bandanna that covered his burn scar in some panic as he stepped back rather than forward to properly assess the situation like a ranger should. "I-I'm sorry sir I can't... I don't... I don't get assign to Mt. Chimney"[break][break]

"Ihavepyrophobia," he quickly admits after a long pause. As keeping up the act that he was fine was not something he could continue.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 17:59:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

FERNANDO IS A BLADE POLISHED WITH LIFE’S EXPERIENCES. He may not be able to cut through everything but he’s sharp enough to pick up on the obvious. The hesitance, the body language, the stutter—he slices to one of the few logical conclusions that stands before him.

…?

The way Razz spills his confession all over the floor makes the sentence impossible to put back together. But he doesn’t need that much to step up and take charge.

Heatran, cooldown.” The command is vague in nature but the Pokemon has a good enough impression to know what Fernando wants. EARTH POWER shuffles the dirt underneath them, uprooting much cooler rock and sediments than the outer layer that’s exposed to the heated vapor trapped within the Fiery Path.

It buys them some time before that too heats up. In this pocket of time, Fernando offers Razz a chance to escape. He Silph approaches, placing a hand on his shoulder, here for comfort, but ready to push past him should the mission devolve into a one-man endeavor.

Do you need to sit out, Kingsman?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 20:19:29 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is regret in his confession, he hates himself for having to admit to such a weakness. But between the training with his own abilities, the heatran, and now coming here eventually something was going to break. Razz just regrets it had to admit it to his new boss as the other seemed to have a lot more faith in him than he had in himself. [break][break]

He tenses up at the hand on his shoulder as he still felt shame for letting the other down. Though the ranger is appreciative of them using the heatran to cool down the rock around them. His hands are shaking but when asked about needing to step down he is quick to shake his head. "N-no sir, I can still do things, just tell me what you want and I can follow," Razz assures because his need to follow orders out weighed his hesitation that came from fear. [break][break]

"Sorry for being a problem," because of course he would apologize for this hiccup.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 2:14:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

“STABLIZE.” Fernando’s Heatran buys them some time but their moment is a mere pocket of sand trickling down the hour glass. Heat starts to rise back up and Fernando moves his hand to bump the back of his palm against Razz’s.

It’s only a problem if you refuse to admit it. Know your limits and work around them.

Fernando binds his hands together and a thick stream of MISTY TERRAIN spurts out from between his fingers. It doesn’t amount to much but any burns they suffer will recover quicker when exposed to his fae powers.

This is no different than your powers. Push yourself too far and you will collapse.

He continues on without him. His Heatran shuffles behind them slowly, eventually passing Razz as well.

You take backup from here on. If it becomes too much, run.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 4:47:04 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Pathetic. [break][break]

This is what he calls himself, and honestly expects what Fernando would call him as slowly the other was becoming a professional mentor figure. Its idiotic that his mind seems to be trying to find a replacement for what he was use to. So there is surprise there when he's just told to stabilize and given advice rather than berated. [break][break]

His shoulders slump a bit at the sight of misty terrain as he is well aware of it's effects and its odd but there is some comfort in it. "I'm not refusing to admit it," it was just hard to reveal, "That's why I say I can follow if you just tell me what to do sir," he tries to explain himself though its clear he still very much hates the situation with his wide eyes and how his hands are shaking. [break][break]

Razz can't help but bite his lip in some frustration as Fernado goes ahead and even the Heatran passes him up. "I'm not going to run sir" with that he does follow, admittedly he doesn't know what he's looking for due to his lack of experience, but he could take a guess.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FLARE
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 7:14:58 GMT
shiv Avatar

FLARE

THE EARTH SHUDDERS. in the distance, a deep roar pierces the sky and causes the fiery path to ooze and bleed lava. should fernando and razz look closely, they would see a groudon made small by distance, disappearing into the depths of the earth. again, the earth quakes as if it were heavy stone doors opening for its master.

around them, mega camerupt begin to emerge, their humps converged into violent peaks. they are not hostile at first; however, it appears that their transformation has come recently or suddenly, for they move in staggered, surprised motions.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 19:03:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

“I NEED YOU OPERATIONAL, KINGSMAN. Micromanaging in the field is a costly task.

Fernando does not wait up. If the ranger is willing to follow his every word then he should be able to follow his steps.

And there is good reason that Fernando can only spare some words of wisdom and nothing else. He needs the crux of his concentration settled on their shifting environment. The heat of these walls is only the start of their worries. Magma trails the innards of their path and the ground trembles.

Their target lies on the offset of the horizon. Too far for them to act but close enough for them to know that it’s there.

Groudon.

The name dries out on his tongue.

The herd of Mega Camerupt prove docile at first. Noncombatative would probably be a better description, but their numbers and form prove a threat. Should they turn, the two trainers will be easily overwhelmed.

Kingsman. Prepare to drain them of their excess energy.

Fernando’s hand rests firmly on a Pokeball hooked onto his waist. Knowing their destination beforehand means they’ve made ample preparation. Silph Co. expects nothing less.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 8:31:26 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger bites his lip in frustration, "Yes sir," is all he gives before he follows keeping some distance between himself and the Heatran that has passed as it still makes him uncomfortable to be around. He pauses at the loud roar and looks for it's source, shock in his eye to see the Groundon just as he had when @baily used it. He recalls the HNN article about how she got sick when Groudon's powers left her. "Do you know if Cooper ever recovered?" [break][break]

Though he doesn't feel like there might be much time for his question as the ground begins to shake, from it he sees how the separation of earth erupted hot steam before it seemed like the legend's mere presence gave the others the energy to mega evolve and he was shaking in panic. Especially as the camerupt were as in just as much shock of their transformation as he was. [break][break]

"Right..." he replies to his boss but his mind is in a panic and is struggling to function properly. How would they do that again? No shut up he could do this, for now all the Ranger can do is bring out his Sobble and gives a whistle. With it Lapis uses Rain Dance, right now in his mind this being the best way to help weaken the fire attacks should they use them.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:04:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

IS DEAD.”

Fernando does not mince words. Not on the battlefield when in the thick of danger. Flowery prose and meaningful conversation can wait until they’re elsewhere, safe. For now? They need to survive.

The introduction of the Sobble is a good start but not nearly enough to dissuade the herd from caving inward. Their numbers mean that the single RAIN DANCE will easily be dispelled should they attack in tandem.

Kingsman, we need more,” he presses with urgency. “On the count of three.

The introduction of rain dampens the mood of the otherwise dry Pokemon. They live within the Fiery Path to avoid water altogether. One by one, they turn their heads.

One,” Fernando places his other hand on a Pokeball.

Two,” he whistles for the Heatran to step up and between them and the Camerupt.

Three,” he tosses out the same Pokeballs releasing his Glalie and Glaceon.

The moment the Glalie is freed from its Pokeball, it spins in a preemptive PROTECT. There’s nothing to block but the Pokemon has been ingrained to use the move upon being brought out. The Glaceon lacks such training and immediately starts sweating from the heat.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:36:39 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Now that comes as a surprise to hear. "Why would they hide that?" he can't help but question but understands that the situation at hand requires more attention as he notices the rain from the dance is weak. Shit. [break][break]

He gives his boss a questioning look. More? More of what? But with the 3 second count he doesn't have much time to think. Don't think do, he reminds himself of old advice that he has found to help him in times like these. With that thought in mind he grabs pokeballs from his bag and waits for the count. The other wants more and Razz knows how to deliver. [break][break]

At one Razz calls forth several pokemon and gives a whistle all together Sobble, Tirtouga, Dratini and Poliwrath preform RAIN DANCE, so its not longer a small drizzle but rather pouring. Afterward Poliwrath would follow up with WATER SPORT to lessen the power of fire type attacks even more. [break][break]

Despite the mega Evolvestion they've all gone through as they attack their attack are weakened and Azraq is easily able to tank their flames as they try to send them at their front liners. After which with another whistle both Sobble and Tirtouga would attack together with a comboe of HYDRO PUMP and WATER PULSE to take out one of them. Though the battle was far farm from done.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FLARE
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 8:42:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FLARE

IN NUMBERS THERE IS STRENGTH. The Camerupt herd only proves dangerous due to the congregation of their pride. With Razz’s Pokemon on the field, their advantage starts to diminish.

Fernando calls for a BLIZZARD which only strengthens their hold. The ice move lacks the same punch in such a high temperature environment but the clash between hot and cold brings it to a more tolerable level.

Heatran’s EARTH POWER unroots the ground around one of them. After Razz’s HYDRO PUMP, the battle comes to a standstill as both trainers whittle down each Mega Evolution until they return to their normal forms.

Good job,” Fernando quiets, returning his two ice types.

How do you feel?

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
FLARE
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 10:58:42 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz is breathing harshly through his mask as despite everything there is still panic at the end. Despite the storm, and the slightly cooler air from the ice pokemon all the fire blast, and flamethrowers having been directed their way it had triggered a lot of bad images. Images on being the other end of a Pyroar's overheat. How one of his pokemon stepped in the way to sacrifice himself from taking more of the attack. How despite that, the fire got through and hit. [break][break]

"Fine..." he lies as he is anything but. The images still felt to real for him, too soon than what he knows what they were. He looks up at the sky and the effects of the area. "I think we won't have to worry too much about the lava for now," especially now that Groundon had left and the camerupt were back to normal. Though it did remind him of what was said earlier. [break][break]

"You said was dead..." he ponders how best to respond to that for a second, "Was is the same thing you said you were exposed with in your text?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission: Firer Force