Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 6:08:27 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian was being forced to cooperate with a stranger. It didn't suit him.

He better not get in my way... Depending on others in a do-or-die situation was one thing, but in a questionably friendly competition, Adrian was more the every-man-for-himself type. It went against the grain of who he was, but that didn't mean he wouldn't put up with it for the sake of winning. But it'd chaff him if they weren't up to snuff.

Adrian unleashed Magnezone awhile his partner released a Perrserker.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER used ???
MAGNEZONE used ???
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 10:26:30 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Making his entrance into the arena, Derek's partner stood at the ready with a nod. Releasing their pokemon together, the Machamp and Turtonator that took the field were quick to take a stand in opposition to those that faced them.

His partner was an older woman, and a vaguely familiar face. She seemed confident in herself, and the current match-up only encouraged it to manifest on her features. Derek, on the other hand, was not as sold on the notion that they would win. Steel type being his specialty, he knew they could be quite resilient. His eyes were especially fixated on the Magnezone, whose trainer looked agitated and of a rougher nature than most.

& (NPC) PETRA MONROE vs. & NPC

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 22:03:59 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
So it's an uphill battle again, huh? Would he ever catch his break?

"Perrserker, lead with FAKE OUT!" It would do exactly that, boldly rushing the Machamp in a feint before abruptly pulling, causing them to flinch before it proceeded to scratch it it lightly. The attack itself wasn't effective, but it would set them back a turn.

Which was crucial considering their match up. His tag partner, some ruddy haired kid, ordered the Magnezone to LOCK ON to a target, which in this case would be Turtonator. Considering its defensive setup, the plan seemed valid. They could undermine its ability to protect itself and in so doing avoid the backlash of its SHELL TRAP.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER used FAKE OUT on MACHAMP
MAGNEZONE used LOCK ON on TURTONATOR
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 22:33:58 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Shake it off, Randal!" Derek exclaims as the Machamp visibly flinched from the FAKE OUT. Unable to make much of the moment, the trainer simply waits for their moment to turn the tide of the battle.

On the other end, Petra's Turtonator witnesses the two moves they made, choosing to prioritize the Magnezone as it locked on to it. Doing as it's trainer commanded, an OVERHEAT would begin to manifest along the dragon turtle as it ran down it's target.

Machamp flinched!
Turtonator used OVERHEAT on Perrserker (-2 Sp. Atk @ Turtonator)!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 22:42:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Perrserker tenses its body, activating its IRON DEFENSE while preparing for the inevitable onslaught of the Machamp. On its left flank the Magnezone reels from the devastating blow of the overheat, causing its wires to spark as they went on the fritz. The call rang out to fire off a ZAP CANNON in an attempt to immobilize the Turtonator.

I should file a complaint. This match up is honestly rigged.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER used IRON DEFENSE
MAGNEZONE used ZAP CANNON on TURTONATOR
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 23:55:52 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Randal, ready yourself with Bulk Up!" Following it's trainer's advice, the Machamp promptly flexed it's large muscles, bolstering their size and strength further with immense concentration. If he wasn't intimidating enough before, he definitely was now.

Concurrently, Petra tried to issue her Turtonator to take action. "Use Shell Trap!" But the move failed, as the Magnezone's ZAP CANNON caused it to become paralyzed.

Machamp used BULK UP!
Turtonator is paralyzed!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 0:13:52 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
When the Turtonator showed its vulnerability, the two trainers pounced on the chance: IRON HEAD from Perrserker and FLASH CANNON from Magnezone came hurtling towards it, hoping to put a dent in the defensive powerhouse. In the background Machamp flexes and bulks up, something that Adrian's team can ill afford.

The viking cat's STEELY SPIRIT helps to supplement the moves despite Turtonator's innate resistance, though whether it makes the difference is unknowable until...
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER used IRON HEAD on TURTONATOR
MAGNEZONE used FLASH CANNON CANNON on TURTONATOR
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 1:49:48 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Dynamic Punch!" Taking advantage of the opening created when both of the opposing pokemon attacked his partner, Randal the Machamp catches the foe when it backs up after dealing a crucial blow with it's Iron Head. With no chance that he would miss, the pokemon would fall victim to confusion.

Petra attempted to have her Turtonator fight back, but flinched due to the Perrserker's attack and reeled back, the decisive blow it was dealt emphasized by the following Flash Cannon. Struggling to stay afoot, the pokemon showed great resolve as it stepped forward as if ready for more.

Machamp used DYNAMIC PUNCH (Confuses Perrserker)!
Turtonator has flinched!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 2:00:56 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Perrserker attempted to retaliate with a swift METAL CLAW, but it missed the Machamp while it suffered triple-vision, instead raking the sand and getting the grit in its eyes in the process. In the foreground Magnezone once again began to LOCK ON to Turtonator, beginning to generate a multi-aspect attack. "Don't falter now!"
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER hurt itself in its CONFUSION
MAGNEZONE used LOCK ON on TURTONATOR
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:12:10 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Witnessing his partner's pokemon on it's last limb, the Tri-Attack that burned it was just short of forcing the Turtonator to call it quits. Preparing a SHELL TRAP, Derek felt he was left little choice.

"This time the Magnezone!" Hurling forward, the DYNAMIC PUNCH seemed to attack with vengeance on the mind.

Machamp used DYNAMIC PUNCH (Confuses Magnezone)!
Turtonator is Burned!
Turtonator prepares SHELL TRAP!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:39:18 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
For a mercy neither pokemon suffered from their confusion, however the blows that were dealt to them rocked them to their core, leaving them haggard and worn out. It was only just barely that they managed to hold on and fulfill their orders.

Magnezone released its another discharge, hitting Machamp with its ZAP CANNON while Perrserker tried to get in close and mess it up, though the frenzied movements of four arms were able to repel the beast. Adrian cursed under his breath, bitter to be losing. He would've liked to blame his partner, but that wouldn't be fair or true.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
PERRSERKER used CLOSE COMBAT on MACHAMP
MAGNEZONE used ZAP CANNON on MACHAMP
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:09:59 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"C'mon Randal, shake it off!" Desperate to keep the battle in their favor, Derek is only half happy to see his pokemon land it's attack. Thanks to the efforts of the Magnezone and it's ZAP CANNON, Randal was paralyzed and unable to move for a time.

His partner's SHELL TRAP failed, though given another opportunity to attack, Petra issued her pokemon to attack the Magnezone with an INFERNO.

Machamp is paralyzed!
Turtonator uses INFERNO on MAGNEZONE!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:21:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Disastrously both of their pokemon fainted, hurting themselves in their confusion while under heavy battery from the enemy's hard hitters. Seeing it coming at him from a mile away was one thing, but living through it still chaffed him. Withdrawing his pokemon from the arena, his partner would follow suit, abandoning the field for the next set of contestants. Later he's able to single out Derek from the pair, recalling him from his incident with the Black Market Kadabra. "So when did you come back from Johto?"

He asks with a sly grin, wondering if they remembered him.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:36:28 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Walking off the platform with a miniscule sense of achievement, Derek shook hands with his partner before going their separate ways. Noticing the individual he battled approach him, it took Derek a moment to remember the brief time where the two of them encountered one another. It wasn't a good memory, for either of them, he suspected...

"Oh, uh, about a month ago? You're the guy with the Kadabra that, well... I don't mean to bring it up so forget it. Anyway, I know losing always bums me out, but I really liked your Perrserker out there. Haven't had the chance to train one myself. Steel type pokemon are sorta my thing. That's what I used when I was a gym leader for Petalburg, along with Ground types. What other pokemon do you train?"

& (NPC) PETRA MONROE HAVE WON!

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
better devils [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:41:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I've got a Gyarados and a Vileplume. Used to have an Arcanine... She passed." He looked a little less smug and a bit more somber, though he maintained composure. He recalls them exiting the Gym that night before abandoning Hoenn. Honestly, he got off lucky. Adrian wouldn't have thought that, though, if he knew the circumstances he left under. "Anyways, I hope you've been adjusting well. It's been wild since you'd left." Adrian manages to talk with them for a few more minutes before disembarking.
& NPC #1 v. & NPC #2