4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 10:03:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Eyes were in a stalemate as he leaned in closer, not backing down either. He returned her snarl, eliciting a laugh which rumbled in the back of her smoky throat.

”Sure.”

A hand pulled one of the shots he’d poured closer, waiting to match him. She wasn’t in too much a hurry. 

”And what do you propose the stakes be?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 10:17:07 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
SO SHE THINKS SHE CAN WIN...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
this time the hunger in his smile doesn't disappear, it simply widens. the skin tingles with the surge of energy that races through him. he recognizes it — one part alcohol, one part excitement.
[break][break]
king drags his glass across the wood, picking it up  near the edge. he holds it between them, idly thumbing the condensation. he's left wanting for something to wet his lips with, but, he doesn't move to satisfy the craving. not yet.
[break][break]

"that depends on how confident ye are. i won't settle for just a drink, this time."
[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 22:02:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
He stalled, and she didn't move to pass him up. Three shots had been a bit ambitious right out of the gate, but she was still a professional. She sat neatly in her seat—though leaning, as she already had been. Actually, she leaned towards him an inch more, nearly hissing.

“I’m confident.”

She had the god of darkness on her side, after all. One man couldn’t bring her down.

But she wouldn’t have to bring out Darkrai. There was Blaziken, and Noctowl. Shadow Alakazam. Metagross, even—MG-01 out of nine. It was first for a reason.

They’d made her train, even her own body since avatarship. She was a force, these days. She had no reason to back down, save, maybe, for the tingle of the liquor.

“What do you want, then?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 22:37:56 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king was no less confident; he'd forged his will and body through fire — literally. his gut told him he had a chance, and, that was all he needed.
[break]
[break]

he could ask for any number of things, and, they crossed his mind. he was tempted, too, by the allure of it. but even he had standards.
[break]
[break]

"your story."
[break]
[break]

eyes narrow, head tilting to give concession. the thumb stills on the glass.
[break]
[break]

"all of it."

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 23:03:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her story. If by some dumb chance this asshole managed to win, she’d just lie her way through it. It was a stupid thing to ask for. Her previous assessment of him held up.

She gave a wily smirk and shrugged. “Sure. Why not?” Through another puff of smoke, her sliver of teeth grew again.

“I won’t lose.”

A finger spun the shot, and her eyes finally released him, feigning boredom.

“Suppose you think I’d be interested enough in yours to ask for the same…”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 23:11:22 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
her answer was too quick; too casual. she thought him a moron, that much was obvious. but he knew better than to trust the she-devil.
[break]
[break]

"don' worry, xen 'll tell me whether or not you're lying as he reads yer aura. i've got experience with snakes, after all."
[break]
[break]

king snorts in the face of her unwavering confidence.
[break]
[break]

"even if yer not-"
[break]
[break]

and he wasn't convinced she wasn't.
[break]

[break]

"-i'm sure there's something ye want."
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 5:25:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her smirk faltered only a hair. Still, it didn’t matter, because she wouldn’t lose.

With confidence turned up by tequila, Lulu merely shrugged.

Maybe she was interested in his background, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. Wasn’t going to ask him to share so much—and even if she was curious, that curiosity only ran so far.

“Mm. Nothing that I suspect you would have.”

Her head tilted to the side a bit while she thought for another moment. The cigarette burned down against her lips as she did so, and she dropped the remains into the dirtied cup with a suffocating hiss.

“Okay. I win, and you spend your hangover tomorrow fetching me coffee, and being my personal assistant.” There was a pause, and then her lips twisted as though they possessed some joke he wasn’t privy to. “And you have to call me Professor.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 6:03:16 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"mm."
[break][break]
of course he doesn't buy it. her dismissiveness only clues him in further to the fact. she'd taken nearly every opportunity to rebuke him, so, why would this be any different? he smiles, relishing in silence at what he considered another small victory.
[break][break]
her contemplation gives room to indulge in another puff of nicotine. it lingers, filling a void; scratching at his throat on its way out.
[break][break]
"professor?"
[break][break]
as a tongue traces the edge of his lips, they turn-upwards into an immodest grin.
[break][break]
"didn't peg you for that type'a woman."
[break][break]

another, final intake of the cigarette, is all he needs. he crushes the end of it into the dirtied glass.
[break][break]
"drink up. we'll need more 'fore we... exercise."
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 6:22:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She nodded. This wasn’t about any particular kink (at least not that she was aware of). This was about everyone else that would be around, knowing exactly the conditions she’d put the man under. He’d be laughed at. Actually, the thought of it maybe did turn her on a little.

“It’s the little things.”

At the mention of exercise, she furrowed her brow. Assuming he meant a battle, she went along.

“And where should we take this, then?”

The shot was lifted towards her lips. “We can bring the bottles with us.” They belonged to her, now. What was the bartender going to say? She’d pay for them, of course.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 6:35:49 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
what was it with women that wanted to beat his ass that gave him such a thrill? turns out red was his color.
[break][break]
he can't suppress the laugh that crawls up through his chest.
[break][break]
"ay', told ye it's the little things."
[break][break]
king goes to stand, downing the shot he poured moments earlier. if he had his way, the liquor would be as bitter as tonight gets.
[break][break]
"fuck if i know. find'n empty street somewhere n' and call it ours."
[break][break]

what good was the chaos of rocket if they couldn't indulge?
[break][break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 21:43:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The glasses hit the bar-top with light clings. Lulu reached into her shirt for a clip and set down enough bills to cover the two bottles and then some with a generous tip. She leaned over and grabbed the second right out of the well.

“Thanks, mate.” She raised the bottle at him, and the bartender merely glared from the other end, still parts shocked and frightened. Zoroark didn’t drink tequila, as far as he was aware, and there was no other explanation.

“Works for me.”

Shoving back away her money clip, and with a bottle in each hand, she turned to lead their way out of the bar.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 2:20:19 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the two hit the street, pushing through an incoming group with little care for their gripes, or complaints. a look from king tells them a little inconvenience isn't worth a hospital stay. the air was nice, despite the summer heat; a cooling sensation brought on by the late breeze.
[break][break]
the city ambiance rubbed him the wrong way. he was used to the overwhelming scent of gutters as well as drug addicted homeless, shuffling around like reanimated corpses.
[break][break]
a side-long glance confirms lulu is still around.
[break][break]
"pick any street. don't want ye cryin' foul when i whoop yer ass."

[break][break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 2:46:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

Without measured shot glasses, she could pace herself through sips. The bottle felt more natural in her hands, and only because it was more comfortable, she kept the half-empty one and shoved the full one into his hand. “You can share later.”

Darkrai’s shadow slithered along walls, not fully hiding itself, perhaps to make itself known to King. While he was Rocket, he still had disrespectful, if not vaguely threatening air about him.

Lulu’s own eyes were growing darker, literally. The amber was gradually fading to black as the power of her inner rage reared. More stress relief. She popped the cork and took a swig, and rounded a corner—not particularly sure where they were going.

Soon, they’d find a dark, empty street. A railroad track ran along one side towards outskirts, while a brick wall deteriorated against the thick city. Only a few lights lit the area, aside from few stars could be seen through the city smog. And then, there was the moon, always bright enough.

She felt more alive at night. Perhaps there was something to that, for her alone, with the exception of Walsh—more than mere astrologists could hope to understand.

“Here.”

Walking several paces across the cracked pavement, she then turned back to him, and reached for a pokeball attached to her belt. Expanded it, and cracked it open with the press of a button. It appeared next to her. Returned the pokeball to its place on her hip and reached for another cigarette, put it to her lips and leaned towards her soldier. A burst of fire lit the end of it—a trick they’d learned to control without singing her eyebrows (it’d taken some time, but now it was pretty cool).

She blew smoke, and waited for their opponent to be released.

“Choose wisely, Wayland. This one’s not a pet.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 4:53:29 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king grabs the base of the bottle as it was handed to him, quickly transferring his grip to the neck. the more they walked the more his demeanor shifts. it was subtle enough to the naked eye; only those who'd been to war would be able to pick-up it up. it was the releasing of tension in the neck; the steady, rhythmic breathing, as if to a memorized beat; a clear focus in his eyes. an unease crept up in him by an unseen pressure, his hackles raising in alarm. but, he suppressed even that.
[break]
[break]

it was the little things. in victory, and defeat, the smallest of things mattered. even now. he exceled in focusing on the things many disregarded. it's how he survived as long as he have. when they finally stopped he appraised the area in a single, cursory glance.
[break]
[break]

it would do.
[break]
[break]

king mimic'd her motions, finding a comfortable spot to stare down the raven-haired vixen. the change in her too, had been subtle, though more visually apparent. long gone were the lustrous ambers, replaced by pits of obsidian. whether it was confidence, or arrogance, she wasted little time in revealing her choice. one he was intimately familiar with. but, king didn't need to choose carefully. there had always been a single option.
[break]
[break]

a lucario forms from the glittering ivory energy. immediately his gaze shifts, body tensing. a flicker of an aura so dark, and dense, he'd reacted on instinct. an endless darkness that dwarfed even his own power, resided somewhere nearby, lurking in the shadows. he eased slightly when he came to the realization that it was not an aura of ill-intent.
[break]
[break]

yet.
[break]
[break]

"xen."
[break]
[break]

the cobalt canine's steel gaze met kings. how many battles had they fought together? how many lives were extinguished through their actions alone? king didn't need to speak to convey the message to his oldest friend.
[break]
[break]

no games. no quarter. yet, that wasn't all.
[break]
[break]

"do not kill him."
[break]
[break]

king's voice carried a resolve — a confidence — that felt as if it had been forged of iron. the lucario nodded curtly, turning a stoic expression onto the dual-type. its aura was strong, and well developed. he could sense the bond between trainer and pokemon, and knew on a deeper level than most, how difficult an opponent he had before him. but it mattered not. winning wasn't a choice, or an option — it was a inevitability.
[break]
[break]

the sound of a cork popping behind him doesn't shake the lucario's focus. his SWORD DANCE is but a mere thought, as the ethereal blades form around him, empowering his attack. 
[break]
[break]

after a healthy swig of liquor, and an exhale of satisfaction, a simple command is all that is needed.
[break]
[break]

"go."
[break]
[break]
asphalt cracks beneath the explosive power of his EXTREME SPEED. before the lingering taste of bitterness could settle on king's lips, xen is standing before the blaziken, an empowered kick aimed at the larger pokemon's midsection.
[break][break]

the adrenaline that surged through his body in the wake of combat woke the memory of flames burning his flesh. king unbuttons his shirt just enough to allow the scar to feel the cool wind, all the while never taking his eyes off of the battle.

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 3:03:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu took a drag of her cigarette while watching the pavement crack beneath the feet of an oncoming blur, unsurprised by its speed. She had a Lucario. It was a good first move.

She didn’t flinch as her Blaziken was knocked backwards, crumpling a bit from the hip as he was pushed back across concrete. From mere transferred force, the ground gave beneath him as well, already loosened by roots and neglect.

But he stayed standing.

Once the push ended, he was like a boomerang, as though impossibly propelled by his damage. MIRROR MOVE sent him flying back, only amplified by SPEED BOOST. The kick went squarely for the chest, same as Lucario had served.

Her black eyes looked over at King, briefly, and she took another swig from her bottle with casual ease, although maybe leaning a bit at this point. She wasn’t worried. Blaziken was hardy. It won by taking hits, and it was fast enough to dodge what it couldn’t take and use to its advantage.