Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 18:37:25 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
SHE BETTER BE FUCKIN' PAYING...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king swirled the liquor around in his glass as his gaze lingered on his surroundings. this place smelled... decent. it rubbed him the wrong way. at least the bars that smelled like piss felt honest; real. but, then again, it wasn't like he had much choice.
[break][break]
he wore something loose-fitting and breezy. the cool-air was satisfying against the tender scar on his chest, and he breathed in contentment at that fact alone.
[break][break]

coming to from his stupor, he shifts his attention to the shadows of the room.
[break][break]

"where the fuck ye comin' from then, sweetheart?"
[break][break]

he brought the glass up to wet his lips as he watched, and waited.

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 20:45:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She didn’t care today. About anything, really.

The attire was different, for once, and she bared her markings unabashedly for the first time since Galar. It was stupid, and that’s what made it fun. Somehow, her fear had evaporated. 

It felt damn good not to hide.

He wouldn’t have seen her come in, but she appeared from the restrooms and strode up, taking a seat beside him and not immediately saying hello. Instead, she leaned both elbows onto the wood and spoke at the bartender. “I’ll take a bottle of good reposado and two shot glasses. Actually, might as well grab another bottle while you’re at it.”

The man stared with a mix of emotions, some presumably: shock, anger, ‘this bitch’. “Uh. No?”

Yes. Lulu’s eyes and much of her face went shadow, and she grinned around it spookily, leaning in.

The bartender went pale, staring. “Ok.”

“Good.”

Said first bottle was placed between them, and Lulu plucked the cork out with a satisfying pop, and poured them each a shot. It sloshed a bit as she set it down too hard in front of him.

If he went along, she would keep pouring wordlessly until they had taken their first three.

“So, Wayland. You’re a bit of prick, aren’t you?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 21:23:51 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a puff of air from his nostrils signals king's amusement. this wasn't his first time playing a game like this, nor would it be his last.
[break][break]
in truth, he felt bad for the lad behind the counter. he had no clue what the fuck he was up against. and that was without the crazy shadow hopping shit. king didn't need to see lulu's expression to know she had won, only the bartenders — and he was scared shitless.
[break][break]
when he returned — with the items, mind you — he let lulu take over.
[break][break]
after three bitter shots that left his throat wanting, the game begins.
[break][break]
"aye."
[break][break]
he doesn't deny it. he owns it; king wears it like a crown.
[break][break]
"and yer a bit of a cunt aren't ye?"

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 22:08:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She breathed heat and looked at him more squarely. In the past, she’d resented such a thing. And now, her state of survival and preservation, she was becoming something else. A dog starting to bare its teeth again—only this time, it would bite the world.

“Yeah, a bit.”

A hand went to a pack of cigarettes she’d placed right on the bar, drew one, lit it with the shing of a silver lighter, and pulled over someone’s empty glass to ash in. The bartender continued to glare from a distance, but wasn’t entirely attempting eye contact, either.

“How’d the rest of the job go?”

She blew smoke and felt the warmth and tingle of tequila working its way into her bloodstream.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 22:26:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king's canines showed in a single huff of laughter to her honesty. it seemed lulu would wear hers like a crown, too.
[break][break]
in the spirit of teamwork, and comradery, he reached for a smoke as well. should he be unmolested, he'd hold it out patiently.
[break][break]
"ye mind?"
[break][break]
her sharp tone did little to spark anger inside of the turncoat. only a flutter of irritation rose before it was quickly squashed down.
[break][break]
"fine."
[break][break]
his nonchalance was in direct challenge to her curtness. but he wasn't finished.
[break][break]
"turns out the snakes weren't the only dead weight."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 22:45:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
This man had conned her into buying him drinks, and was now reaching for her cigarettes.

“Go ahead.”

But her eyes flashed something dark when his hand reached too soon—as though she might snap it off. Her expression was as uneven as her sanity, wavering somewhere between a smirk and a snarl.

“I offered to help. You turned it down. Not my fault you’re broke and stupid.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 22:58:17 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

king reaches past the carton and instead moves towards the bottle. he recognized the look instantly; wore it, even, many times. it wasn't that he didn't believe lulu was all bark and no bite — quite the opposite, actually — but rather he didn't care. pain was apart of who he was at this point. what was a little more?
[break][break]
he turns the lip of the bottle downwards, to pour more into their glasses. the aroma of the liquor already had his mouth salivating in anticipation of its bitter sting.
[break][break]
he tosses a shot back with an exaggerated 'ahh'. then, he turns on her, the corner of his lip poised into a smirk.
[break][break]
"aye, i may be that."
[break][break]
a small chuckle escapes him, his eyes falling to take her in. each piece of ink told a story, he suspected. one no doubt as interesting as the last. only after a moment of appreciation does he meet her stare.
[break][break]
"but i won't be payin' for drinks tonight. and isn't that all that matters, ye?"

[break][break]
even as he stares down the predator of a woman, his smirk is ravenous.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 0:32:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
He didn’t take it. Instead, he poured another shot for himself. Rude. Where was hers? She watched him, smirk remaining.

Eventually, she pulled a cigarette from the pack and flicked it so it rolled towards him across the bar-top. Not an olive branch—just charity. The zippo still sat on the pack, open for use.

“To you, maybe.” She picked up the bottle, tapping its thick, expensive glass with a fingernail.
“Makes no difference to me. I’ll buy the bar if I feel like it.”

She poured herself another shot, and down the hatch it went, to match him. She wouldn’t be beat. Not this early in the game.

Her body still buzzed, already. She watched his eyes travel, inhaling on a puff of smoke, sharply. It was the first time she’d bared her art outside of intimacy since prison. She felt as though she were being eaten alive. It was exhilarating.

Leaning into her elbow, still rested on the bar, her gaze took the opportunity as well for a change. Lulu rarely noticed the bodies of others, but the scars protruding from his attire were interesting. 

She took another drag.

“Where are you from?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:01:06 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
as if on cue with her words, king surveys the bar. it was a decent place; he'd call it swanky, though what experience did he have to base it from?
[break]
[break]

"ye? a small victory then. those 'ar the ones you'll remember 'neways."
[break]
[break]

he grabs the cigarette with a callused hand, reaching for the lighter with the other. a few seconds later and he's feeling the beginnings of a nicotine rush.
[break][break]
king blows smoke as she downs another glass. he fills her glass up as it hits the table, then, he does his. neither of them were walking out of here sober.
[break]
[break]

king catches her eyes travel, but says nothing. even adding the highly-aggressive attitude, lulu was a beautiful woman. when you add the tattoos, the 'crazy eyes' and the dark shadow-y shit? she had no issue keeping his attention. not that he would tell her, that.
[break]
[break]

he's halfway to his mouth with the freshly filled glass when she asks her question. king hesitates, arm lingering in the air for a moment; two. then, just before downing the liquor, he answers, drowning it away shortly after.
[break]
[break]

"kanto."

[break][break]
his scar itched at the thought. he didn't pay it any attention.
[break][break]
"you?"

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:34:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Kanto. Lulu had spent plenty of time there—enough to have stolen a citizen’s identity and become fluent in the language. It had been her place away from Galar, where she had learned how to drink, and how to party just as much as she’d learned about explosives, and everything thereafter.

Her smirk grew. She’d run away from Kanto long enough. Now, she would embrace the experiences. It was what related her to family.

She took the shot with him. Five. 

“Galar.” It claimed her without question. She’d not left a year yet, and she’d never attempted to hide an accent like her brother. It was thick, and unmistakable.

She shrank closer into her weight against the bar, more comfy. Her smirk transitioned into almost a smile. “You’re ready then, hm?” For the takeover of Sootopolis. Presumably, the reason Rockets from Kanto were coming over. Like . It was their time. was ready, so, so was she.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:58:34 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
where kanto held embraceable memories for lulu, it was anything but to king. the vestiges of the man he was — the decent man — burned in the ashes of its fall.
[break][break]
and he was partly to blame.
[break][break]
"galar, huh?"
[break][break]
he rests his elbow on the bar, matching his comfort with lulu's. his head falls back slightly as he embraces another hit of the nicotine. it sends an unstoppable shiver down his spine. satisfied, king raises an eyebrow, appraising the raven haired woman for more than just her looks this time.
[break][break]
"what's a pretty girl like ye runnin' from in galar?"
[break][break]
he tosses the bait, waiting to see if she would spring the trap. king didn't know lulu from adam, but, women that look like her, don't end up in this shithole without a reason.
[break][break]
then again, was he just projecting onto her?
[break][break]
fuck if he knew.
[break][break]
"ready?"
[break][break]
a heavy exhale.
[break][break]
king didn't put much thought into the city's takeover. rocket would do what rocket did best — destroy. he buried his moralities long, long ago, and with them, his fucks for those caught in the middle. but when his thoughts linger to the league, and their inevitable appearance, a snarl curls his lips the briefest of moments
[break][break]

a blink, then it's gone.
[break][break]
"yeah, i am. fuck 'em all."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 6:38:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
He reflected her, and though it might’ve typically caused discomfort, she didn’t back down from his stare. Instead, she clicked her tongue.

“Nothing. I outran it.”

Another a drag was taken, while she reveled in the way the darkness pulled at his lip, threatening teeth. Maybe she wanted to see them snap a bit more.

“Yeah. Good.”

She shifted a bit, tapping a bit of ash into the glass off to the side. Eyes watched it, evading him with a smirk for seconds. “You know, my Houndoom’s my weakest one. That's just my pet.”

Not necessarily true for all of her pokemon, but as far as the main team went, Djall was the baby.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 6:58:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
something about her confidence gets a rise out of king. he feels his pulse race, if only slightly. his lips lift upwards to reveal the slightest hint of a canine.
[break]
[break]

a quick raise of the brow, and another measure of respect given.
[break]
[break]

"no shit? i thought i did too. turns out i ain't done runnin'."
[break]
[break]

king follows her shifting gaze, but inevitably lands a hungry gaze onto her. the coy smirk doesn't escape him. he returns the gesture, slipping a challenging chuckle in its wake.
[break]
[break]

"good thing my lucario was holdin' back."
[break]
[break]

he grabs the neck of the bottle, sliding it towards him. he speaks as he pours them both another round.
[break]
[break]

"think ye can actually beat me, do ye? alcohol must be gettin' to ye."
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:17:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

Yeah, well. That was him.

She watched as he poured the next round, already feeling the effects of those previous. It was heavy, and warm, like the desert air—but under her skin, and in her heart; burning down her smoky throat.

It was a good thing his Lucario had held back.

The way Lulu looked at King was hardly coy in any way. Prideful eyes didn’t relent at the notion of a challenge.

“I know I can.”

Her lips curled like a mocking hyena.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:36:46 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
like her, the liquor was a muting presence that danced just on the edges of his mind. the lingering threat of an alcohol laced slip of the tongue only excited him, pushing him to drink his fill.
[break]

[break]

he just needed to beat lulu. that was all that mattered. consequences be damned.
[break]
[break]

her eyes radiate the very same emotions that swell in king's chest. pride. confidence. hunger. he latches onto them like a talonflame, dragging them to the surface in challenge.
[break]

[break]

his smirk widens to reveal sharp, hungry teeth as he leans in. his unflinching gaze locks with lulu's. and, he utters the very phrase that brought them here.
[break]
[break]

"wanna bet?"

[break]

[break]