4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 20:31:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She side-eyed him as she took another swig. “Don’t get your hopes up, asshole.” But again, there was something else in her eyes. A flash of amber, and of mischief.

Cuts and bruises littered Blaziken under feathers. This would not be an easy victory for the Lucario, however—not even without the bird’s mega evolution.

From the neck of her raised bottle, nearing three-quarters gone, an index finger pointed. “He’s the only one warming up.”

The Lucario obliged, running in to throw another barrage of assaults, but was met with a med-powered REVERSAL. Why had he taken a hit intentionally? To amp it up, and see if it might work better, or at least keep Lucario down for longer than an uppercut would if he could land it, or fire.

But he’d only take such a hit once head-on. He then glowed with psychic power again, and AGILITY increased his speed even more. Legs bent, ready to jump into the sky.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 23:30:33 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
SO SHE THINKS SHE CAN WIN...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"hopes up? me? never."
[break][break]

he was warming up the the cold-woman, admittedly. but, still, he wouldn't let his guard down so easily. he had a feeling lulu thrived on those with weak wills.
[break][break]

"mm, ye think so?"
[break][break]

he didn't believe her. not in the slightest.
[break][break]

"my eyes must'a been lyin', then."
[break][break]

he drowns his preceding chuckle in alcohol, the corner of his eyes lingering on the woman for a moment longer, before returning back to the action.
[break][break]

lucario felt a sudden surge in the creatures aura — like an overwhelming calm in a storm — but was helpless to react in time. in the midst of his CLOSE COMBAT, the blaziken was easily able to knock aside one of his blows, and return an even more powerful one to his midsection. the impact sent painful vibrations through his body, centered right in the midst of his core and beneath his blond-fur. it forced him back a half-a-dozen steps, his paw reaching to apply pressure automatically.
[break][break]

shaking off the attack, he sharpened his mental blades again, a SWORDS DANCE calling forth even more striking power. while one chose speed, the other was content in increasing his strength; a true battle of opposites. then, it was his turn to provocate the blaziken, returning the simple 'come forth' motion.
[break][break]

king moves, circling just behind lulu, like she'd done to him. from behind a shoulder he whistles appreciatively at the fight, voice a low-growl.
[break][break]

"not bad. hope ye got more than that, though."

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 2:23:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The edges of her grin tugged at the corners, and she gave a low laugh in her chest as her Blaziken’s powered-up fist made contact. “Get ‘em checked.”

She wasn’t concerned about the SWORDS DANCE, and neither was Blaziken. He was already in the sky; evasive. Hard to catch, even when he might hit the ground. Strength didn’t matter if a foe couldn’t land a hit. He'd shoot from a distance, until his opponent’s desperation cut the distance for them, and then it’d be all over.

Lulu allowed King to circle, turning the tables. Maybe even hoping to feel the breath on the raised hairs at the back of her own neck. Her grin skewed, deviating. She was wordless, chin momentarily tucking towards him, but then shortly pointing towards their match ahead.

Blaziken came down again, hitting the adjacent roof, instead of the ground where Lucario prepared its assault. Another FLAME BURST was sent out from a blur that paralleled the gutter, if only for the moment—giving chase, if it’d be taken. And if not, more distance.

She didn’t turn towards King in any way, instead allowing him to stand at her shoulder without any apparent unnerving. Pale, curling face watched, and spoke squarely into the night air.

“If I give you all I’ve got, I’ll kill both of you too quickly.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 4:38:29 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king's mouth drew closer, his warm breath tickling the back of her ear. for a moment, he didn't speak, but when he did his voice was laced with husky amusement; as if he knew a secret she didn't.
[break][break]

"ye think so? we're not as fragile, as ye might think."
[break][break]

he turns his eyes over from her pale skin, to looking just beyond her shoulder. his gaze pointed, unconcerned. in the face of such a threat he was as unnerved as ever.
[break][break]

with an outstretched hand xen swipes the FLAME BURST away, sending it careening into a nearby trash-can. small burns patched his fur upon contact, but it wasn't something he concerned himself with. he gave chase, careful to keep himself at a respectable distance.
[break][break]

lucario appraises the blaziken's strategy with a noticeable indifference. this wasn't the first opponent he had faced that relied purely on speed. it was a smart decision, to barrage him consistently at range. it caused the aura pokemon to constantly keep his distance; maybe even be on his back foot. against any other opponent, it might've worked — but xen wasn't any other opponent.
[break][break]

the downside to this type of guerilla warfare was the inevitability of exhaustion. lucario simply needed to ensure the blaziken didn't close the distance too quickly. meanwhile, he grew ever stronger from another SWORDS DANCE, almost ensuring the next time he struck the fire-type, it would hurt.
[break][break]

suddenly, an idea forms in the pokemon's mind, and he quickly begins drawing in more power for another AURA SPHERE.

[break][break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 1:22:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
King was taller. She’d been on her toes a bit before, and the warp of her shadows had maybe helped. Eyes glanced briefly to the ground and saw the shape of his overtake hers across the concrete, thrown long by a bug-twitching light post behind them. His breath on the back of her ear sent a warm chill.

She didn't outwardly acknowledge it. Blew smoke, took another swig. “No?” Her smirk remained, only carving deeper like cracks in concrete beneath them. “Good.”

The Lucario across the dark lot glowed with power. Blaziken kept his distance, leaping clear across their decrepit stage onto a boxcar parallel. Another FLAME BURST lit the night, growling towards the incoming AURA SPHERE. More fireworks. More impossibly swift running, jumping from one to the next on the tracks, and then another roof. Circling.

More FLAME BURST.

Lulu’s eyes hung on King’s Lucario. “How long have you had him?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 2:19:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king reaches around, plucking the cigarette from between her lips. should he be allowed, he'll pull it back for a puff of nicotine, blowing smoke away from them both.
[break][break]
"i was gon' say the same ta ye. somethin' tells me ye wouldn't be so easy ta break, either."
[break][break]
the collision of techniques lights up her skin, her pale skin turning shades of blue and reds. it does little to light the darkness in her gaze. king's eyes lift upwards again, landing on the lucario in contemplation.
[break][break]
"since i was about knee height. he was a gift; cheap, labeled defective."
[break][break]
another inhale, the rush of nicotine and alcohol beginning to mix.
[break][break]
"seems they were wrong."
[break][break]
he steps around her, until his back is to the fight, her eyes just able to see him in the corner. alcohol wets his lips.
[break][break]
"what about ye?"
[break][break]
lucario gives chase, but seems content to keep distance. a single mistake, and he would capitalize, sending blaziken into the dirt where it belonged.
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 3:46:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
He stole her smoke, and she allowed it to happen. Watched as he snaked around her shoulder to look her in the eye from across. By her own grace, the cigarette remained in his hand. Instead of retaliating, she allowed herself to ride on the wave of his show.

“About ten months.” At the very beginning of her Rocket career.

Lulu stared at King, and his Lucario’s power throwing sparks over his looming shoulders. The bottle at her side sloshed again as she shifted.

“He’s seen a lot, though.”

Seeming to have had enough of his own game for now, Blaziken ran in towards Lucario finally, fist glowing.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 5:09:46 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
another long drag and he holds it out for her, exhaling a thin trail from the corner of his lip.
[break]

[break]

"ten months."
[break]

[break]

he echoes, whistling appreciatively.
[break]

[break]

"maybe a bit wet behind the ears compared to xen, but, ye, he'd probably make a good fit back'n kanto."

[break]

[break]

behind him, the lucario acts as if it's going to dodge the blaziken's strike, but at the last second, moves to have it connect with his midsection. pain pulsates outwards from the impact site, but xen pushes through it, grabbing the blaziken's own arm in a vice-like grip. with his other, he jabs out with an empowered, glowing fist of his own. it trails silver and blue, as the METEOR MASH and AURA SPHERE contained with-in the strike seeks to detonate on impact with the fire-type.
[break]

[break]

"what about ye, professor?"
[break]

[break]

the last word comes out as a tease, coupled with a knowing grin. a taste of what was to come, should he lose the day.
[break]

[break]

king wets his lips again, tongue flashing to collect any loose drops. his eyes fall again onto lulu's pale skin, flashing to bottle in her hand, then, finally lands on eyes.
[break]

[break]

"how much've ye seen?"

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 21:18:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Tch. ’Wet behind the ears’ my ass.” She reached out and snatched the cigarette back with a spark. “He belonged to Merlino, before.” She'd received Blaziken as a gift from shortly after her arrival to Hoenn. Her relation to him was a secret, and this detail only slipped on liquor-soaked pride. Still, it was not the only Pokemon she’d been handed from Rocket’s upper rung. It could easily be chalked up to another perk.

The Lucario broke the distance—exactly what Blaziken had been looking for. It gave an explosive hit, and the chicken took it in full, not resisting. His body ripped from the Lucario’s grasp and was lost in blue combustion.

It was then that Lulu leaned around King, cutting him off with the cigarette still hanging from her lips to point at the action ensuing behind him. “Mm. Look.”

Lulu reached for a small chain around her neck, its coin that Rinc had carved tucked into her top. Struck a pin with her thumb deftly, and a glow radiated from her tits, matching that which flashed bright within the engulfing tomb of Lucario’s assault. It seemed to push the energy backwards, and from it, Blaziken’s newly MEGA-EVOLVED form came for Lucario, a REVERSAL blasting through the close range he’d been gifted.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 1:11:28 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king's chuckles as the smoke is snatched from his grip. her anger was like a high to him. he indulged in it, and was left wanting each time it faded.
[break][break]
"is that supposed ta mean something ta me?"
[break][break]
was an underboss, sure. but king knew those who were ten times the fighter the admin was. did she expect him to care?
[break]
[break]
he gave her a lazy grin, but turns to look behind him at her direction. as expected, the two pokemon clash again. however, the drawing light forced his eyes to deter, meeting lulu's chest with curiosity, and hunger. what he saw  only elicits his grin to widen further.
[break]

[break]

he was slowly comin' around to this professor.
[break][break]
"now ye've got my attention."
[break][break]
the newly empowered blaziken struck back at the lucario, forcing him off his feet and into nearby boxcar. as pokemon disappeared into the newly formed hole, smoke and debris rising to cloud vision, king removed something from his pocket. the keystone was non-descript, but heavy between his fingers. a simple echoing motion sets the scene for the beginning of the true battle.
[break][break]
light explodes from the remains of the train car, and from its wound, the MEGA-EVOLVED lucario steps out. despite the recent damage, he appears largely unaffected; cracking his neck, and turning his wrist casually. just as quickly as he appears, xen was gone. an EXTREME SPEED used in combination with METEOR MASH had his curled paw barreling straight for the blaziken's face. only this time, his newly added ADAPTABILITY trait increased his striking power even further.
[break][break]
king approaches the raven-haired hellion, leaning so as to level his face with hers. his gaze appraises, taking in pale skin and inked flesh, before matching lulu's. teeth bite a half-smirking lip, eyes narrowing in confident challenge.
[break][break]
"what'ya say we up the stakes?"

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 1:53:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She didn't respond, except for a small curl of a lip.

They were matched. It was unexpected. She caught the glow from him, and the boxcar, and gave a short laugh. Approving, maybe. She had his attention, and he had hers.

Flames followed Blaziken’s wrists as though a part of him. New head feathers flickered in the wind as he dashed in time with Lucario, just able to barely keep up. One last time, AGILITY radiated, and pushed him to his speed barrier.

He dodged, letting Lucario strike past, but not going too far away. Then, he spun, throwing talons up to brace for combat.

Lulu looked back at King, body warm, and stare wavering in some way a moment, before she bit back.

“Okay.” Now, she seemed less hesitant. Not because she trusted him any more, but rather because her tequila-warmed spirit didn’t give as much of a shit. “What'll they be this time?”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 2:21:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
lucario doesn't follow through on his attack; each precise movement under his complete control. the four aura sensing appendages behind his head feel every emotion — fleeting, or not — of the blaziken. his intentions are laid out to bare and xen studies each deepy.
[break]

[break]

with a poised calm, he holds a single paw vertically up in front of him. then, whether guided by confidence, or arrogance, the lucario closes his eyes, beckoning the fire-type forward.
[break]
[break]

on the other side, pointed steps steal the space between the two. his face hovers mere inches from lulu's own, cerulean blues echoed back in the pits of obsidian. his breathe smells of tequila, and cigarettes; a tongue wets them where they began to dry. his next words are barely above a whisper, but said with a biting certainty.
[break]
[break]

"you."
[break]
[break]

fingers cup her chin — or, at the very least, try to. his teeth part slightly into a insatiably hungry grin.
[break]
[break]

"i want you."

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 2:49:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

There it was. How bold. Her face hung in his hand.

“You’re brave.” Amusement huffed, bumping flesh across her jaw, but not shoving it away.

They both knew he was still so close by her choice. She didn’t need to thrash. Her cheek nuzzled the meat of his thumb, nearly soft enough to be imagination as she stared up; night-eyed. Her voice was nearly a hiss. “You don’t have to bet for that.”

Then, teeth bit her tongue lightly through a grin as she anticipated victory, still mostly focused on the battle behind his back. She craved a win at every turn.

Emboldened by fierce power, Blaziken obliged when Lucario summoned, dropping fists to close the distance, until one swung through the last few steps to deliver a mega-powered SKY UPPERCUT.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 3:14:31 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king learned from his mistakes. he hesitated once — it cost him everything. never again.
[break][break]
"mm, is that so?"
[break][break]
his body moves closer, though still allowing lulu room to witness the fights soon-to-be conclusion. his hands shift too, back of his fingers caressing her cheek. her skin was soft, beneath his rough, battle tempered skin.
[break][break]
"yer dangerous."
[break][break]

his smirks softens, becoming more devious. it still radiates hunger, but also... something else. something more carnal.
[break][break]

"somethin' tells me yer still thinkin' about winning this fight, though. how confident are ye?"

[break][break]
behind him, the lucario senses the faintest of shifts in the aura around him. with his eyes still closed, he DETECTS the incoming attack with ease. time slows in his state of 'xen', and at the last possible second, he counterstrikes. an ADAPTABILITY empowered CLOSE COMBAT strikes outwards with explosive force, his mega form lacing it with the speed, and strength, of a locomotive.

[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 3:31:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Dangerous. If he had any idea, maybe he'd already lost it.

The bird’s fist was met with the breaking force of Lucario’s CLOSE COMBAT, countering to push him back and do even more damage. Catching footing on rubble, he then breathed a moment. Knees quivered, but surged. It was maybe only by the force of the mega stone that the Pokemon was still standing.

He wasted no more time. Springing back, Blaziken was a blur of speed as MIRROR MOVE dealt a return of CLOSE COMBAT. He gave it everything he had.

Lulu let King move closer, not seeming to pay any more attention to the hand swiping across her face. Eyes reflected the light of explosive energy, back and forth.

“Very. You can still call more stakes. I just don’t think there’s anything I might want from you that I don’t already have in the bag.”