Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 3:44:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
SO SHE THINKS SHE CAN WIN...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
asphalt scattered nosily away from the the barely visible grooves left by the blaziken's forced movement. lucario deftly used the fire-type's body to push himself into a back-flip, recovering gracefully from his attack. as he stares down his compeition, the blaziken surges forward with just as much — if not more — speed, bringing his massive foot up in retaliation.
[break]
[break]

xen didn't move, instead, he took the hit as well. the impact was lessened due to his sturdy, steel exterior, but he could not disperse all the momentum. he too was shoved backwards, but remained standing, giving no visible exertion of effort on his part to do so.
[break]
[break]

standing up-right, the lucario cracked its neck and narrowed his eyes. he had fought luc — king's blaziken — hundreds of times, if not thousands. he knew their strengths, and their weaknesses. but even more importantly, he knew his own limitation.
[break]
[break]

lucario shot forwards again, though slower, and more controlled. once he'd get in close, he'd rely on CLOSE COMBAT.
[break]
[break]

a quick look at lulu had king exhaling air through his nostrils in amusement. he drowned it out with liquor, but didn't even attempt to hide the smirk on his lips.
[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 4:30:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
With his attack sending the foe skidding backwards, Blaziken took the opportunity to hone his focus. His figure radiated with even more AGILITY. Leaping skywards, he evaded the attack just as its force rounded towards him. Too slow.

Lulu smirked, and eyes realized her face’s reflection in the second of King’s glance. They remained on him, then, whether he held them or not—starting a new duel. A staring contest. She was confident enough in Blaziken to not have to give a single command. So, darkness attempted to peer into the man, as violence commenced centerfield.

She remained silent, letting action unfold.

From above, fire lit the asscrack of the city. FLAME BURST shot downwards, burning everything in its path and leaving the mark of a focused explosion in the rubble.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 4:48:10 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the dodge comes as no surprise to the lucario. anything less and he'd have been less than impressed; though, as it stood, he already was. his eyes shot upwards, catching the quickened blaziken easily. the issue with an airborne opponent wasn't how best to chase after them, but rather, how best to interpret their intent. so when the flames began to form — he reacted.
[break]
[break]

an explosion of vibrant blue light collides with the FLAME BURST of his opponent, his AURA SPHERE turning the deadly attack into little more than a firework show. pushing through directly beneath the explosion, another AURA SPHERE rockets forward and directly on path to strike the blaziken.
[break]
[break]

meanwhile, king catches lulu's challenge, his grin widening in realization. grabbing the neck of the bottle, he holds it out in a mock-toast, before pouring more down his throat. all the while, never backing down, and never losing sight.

[break]

[break]

if she wanted him to be impressed by her hands off approach, he made no sign to be. operating on kings level, that was just the bare minimum required. though, he had to admit, she would've held her own in the vast majority of kanto's battlefields.
[break]
[break]

hm.
[break]
[break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
[break]
[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fQc7W8n/grimmy5.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:16:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Gravity was inevitably Blaziken’s downfall. As his spring ended, and he began to descend back towards earth, he was hit by the second AURA SPHERE—having seen it coming, but unfortunately unable to evade. He was a chicken. He couldn’t actually fly (not yet at least).

There was an impact, and he was knocked still in the air for another moment. Again, from above, he sent a MIRROR MOVEAURA SPHERE would be sent right back, and he followed it to the ground.

Lulu, having never returned the cork to the mouth of the bottle, took another swig. Her eyes remained on King.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:32:22 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a gathering of aura, and the shimmering glint of the blaziken, cues him onto the next threat. this would be the second time he'd have used that technique. perhaps the blaziken was using it as a crutch? lucario jumps backwards, the glowing orb colliding into the pavement where he once stood. it cracks from the impact, billowing a short-lived cloud of dust, and debris.
[break]
[break]

wasting no time, he tosses another cursory AURA SPHERE, aiming to gauge his opponent's response. as it clears his personal space, he begins to solidify this aura control even more, and strengthen himself for the coming battle. the blades of his SWORDS DANCE only sharpen.
[break]
[break]

king matches the woman's indulgence, feeling the bitter alcohol fill his senses again. a throb reminded him of the staring contest, but, he wouldn't concede. not yet. he could see the battle outside his peripheral, and couldn't help but feel the clock tick ever closer towards his victory. then again, he was arrogant.
[break]
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:46:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
He stared back still, and she appreciated it. Ate it up. And then, her body shrank suddenly into a crack in the concrete—gone.

The third AURA SPHERE was met with another FLAME BURST, breaking it enough to let Blaziken back to the ground. There, its increased speed broke the distance in no time at all. Balled up talons went to hook the Lucario at the chin and send it skyward with a SKY UPPERCUT.

Lulu appeared behind, right out of King’s shadow. The bottle still in-hand sloshed—the only audible evidence that she was there.

“Pretty good.” Her voice came from over his shoulder, low and predatory.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 5:53:48 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
king's smile broke even as she slipped into the shadows of a crevice. he'd gotten somewhat more used to the woman's ability to appear nearly wherever she wanted; a dangerous tool, if used correctly. he blinked, downed another gulp, and waited for the woman's inevitable appearance.
[break]
[break]

the irises of the aura pokemon begin to glow a brilliant white, glimmering as if they contained the essence of moonlight itself. with ease the lucario ducked the SKY UPPERCUT, his ability to DETECT his movements paying dividends. then, as if he had seen this all play-out before, he centers a METEOR MASH at the dual-type's exposed rib cage.
[break]
[break]
her presence raises his hackles instinctively, every fiber of his being telling him to react with purpose. but, the primal urges are silenced quickly. turning his head a fraction towards the shoulder she speaks over, his lips move.
[break]

[break]

"yer not so bad, either."
[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 6:45:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
It was a back-and-forth. It might’ve been seen as a crutch, but the ultimate weapon was still to come. This was all part of the strategy. Not that Blaziken could see the hits coming every time…

METEOR MASH connected with great force, and he was knocked back into the wall that hid them. Its mortar gave and it rattled a beat against his back. MIRROR MOVE returned the METEOR MASH before he’d even peeled from the brick. And then, regardless of whether it hit, he used the moment to leave the crater and attempt to make some distance. Another FLAME BURST went in his wake from a fist.

A breath of tequila went down the back of King's neck, the teeth of a dark spirit sharpening with her unseen grin. “Me? I’m not doing anything.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:11:05 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
lucario felt the impact of his blow as a short, numbing sensation that lingered up to his elbow. he shook it loose without thinking, ears perking as the wall broke beneath the blaziken's impact. before he could follow-up, however, the fire-type was once again upping the tempo. throwing arms into a cross-guard, he easily blocked the METEOR MASH that was returned at him. the problem came in its wake; a FLAME BURST that layered itself atop his already wounded arms, sending licks of flame that singed fur and bubbled flesh.
[break][break]
he gave a pained grunt, but quickly worked to regain his composure.
[break][break]
when the blaziken didn't advance, neither directly did he. instead, he pursued his opponent cautiously, continuously maintaining a set distance between them. ready to strike, and defend as needed. all the while he began to collect dense aura between his paws for an empowered AURA SPHERE. he didn't fire it, not yet. just a little bit longer....
[break][break]
a low-growl pushed out from king's throat, his lips parting to reveal canines. he did not usually play the part of 'prey'. a part of him enjoyed the sensation, admittedly. a very small part.
[break][break]

his eyes followed the battle, though his head was inclined ever so slightly in her direction, still. it allowed him to recognize the trace scent of tequila that lingered in the air around him, much to his delight.
[break][break]
"he's holdin' his ground."
[break][break]
for now.
[break][break]
"a compliment to yer trainin'."

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:33:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The two would circle, maybe, for a moment. Eyeing each other, locked in a stalemate of blows and keen stares. Talons eventually raised for another FLAME BURST, when it was clear the Lucario wouldn’t strike first. If it was countered, it would keep coming, alternating from fists as quick as the energy could be redrawn. Blaziken continued traveling as he sent his distanced assault, attempting to dance according to steps, quick and reactive.

“Smart.” Lulu replied to King. Blaziken could chase something down pretty quick if it ran.

She paused a moment at his compliment. “Thanks.” She had Rocket to credit for it. Maybe, so did he. She wasn’t sure, though, and didn't ask.

Her eyes cast over the slope of the man’s torso at the battle, finally. Blaziken impressed her more than any other in her own possession—with the exception of Darkrai, and that was… a different case. King's Lucario was a solid match.

“I have a Lucario. They battle together often. It’s one of my favorites.”

She took another drag of the cigarette still in her other hand.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:45:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
each FLAME BURST layers atop the last, colliding with light poles, asphalt, and even part of the train tracks. plumes of dust, debris, flames and smoke rise in the air. once or twice he was struck by a glancing blow, but so long as he maintained concentration, they weren't difficult to dodge; it seemed the blaziken was going for the nuclear option, rather than precision. lucario bided his time, however, and when the opportune moment came to him — he struck.
[break]
[break]

"mm."
[break]
[break]

the battle had reached new heights, each one testing the others limits. lulu's blaziken was a worthy competitor; in-truth, even luc might have faced difficulty against it. but the lucario was always the top-dog in their sparring sessions, and he had the utmost faith in the hound.
[break]
[break]

"oh? my blaziken 'n lucario spar almost daily. somethin' of a competition between the two."
[break]
[break]

he lifts the bottle to his lips again, nose twitching from the scent of tobacco and tequila. playing it dangerous, he lifts two fingers to his shoulder.
[break]
[break]

"care ta share?"
[break]
[break]

using his EXTREME SPEED beneath the plumes of debris, he appears mere feet away from the blaziken. then, a massive AURA SPHERE is released.[break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 8:09:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Most shots missed, but that was okay. As long as something made contact, it was more than enough. Offense wasn’t necessarily the operative.

King didn’t seem riled by her. It was a challenge. This was all just a game. With a smirk, she handed the cigarette over.

“Hm.”

She took a step to his side, narrowing eyes at him a bit. “So, you’re hard to scare, and you have decent taste.” Looked back out to the battle ahead again. “I hate it.”

When the Lucario was finally riled up to throw a full-force attack, Blaziken stopped dead in his tracks, and took the blow full force, careening back into concrete.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 8:22:09 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
wordlessly he accepts the cigarette, feeling the fresh rush of nicotine for the second time that night. he savors it for a moment, before holding it back out to the newly repositioned woman. he considers her words, blinking. fear? when was the last he felt afraid? the last time he saw matias? was it fear, when the fire burned the warehouse down around him, or relief?
[break][break]

maybe he needed to care about something, before he could fear anything.[break][break]

"why's that? findin' it harder ta hate me, eh?"
[break][break]

king chuckled at the thought, turning his gaze just to the edge of his peripheral to gauge her reaction. the massive burst of energy forces him to lazily shift his attention back towards the duel not soon after.
[break][break]

the battle thus far had been going in xen's favor, with a multitude of successful attacks breaking the fire-types defenses. still, something pressed on king's intuition. something... odd; he couldn't place it, however.
[break][break]

the lucario on the other hand found himself unmoving, eyes studying the blaziken. its aura fluctuated after the recent hit; likely a product of the damage he had taken. if it was smart, it'd back down now. before things started to have lasting effects.

[break][break]

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 8:36:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Eh. I don’t hate you. Don’t have a reason to hate you.”

She took a swig of the bottle again and looked over at him. “Just don’t have much of a reason to like you, either.” But something in her dark eyes said that they shared too much in common for him not to be interesting, at least.

The Blaziken shook off debris and staggered back to his feet. Shaking his head a bit, he then held out talons, curling them in a ‘come hither’ motion at the Lucario.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
a bet is a bet
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 8:47:57 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"mm, i suppose i don't hate ye either."
[break][break]
king had to admit, she'd been one of the more interesting people he'd met since coming to this region. he did want to call lulu out on her bullshit, but thought better of it. something in her gaze told him it would be a bad idea, so, he instead opted to be coy about it. king returned her look with a cocky smile.
[break][break]
"'n here i thought ye were slowly warmin' up ta me. "
[break][break]
king checked his bottle — nearly at the halfway point. the buzz in his forehead grew stronger with each passing minute. how long till he was shit faced? he checked to gauge lulu's pacing as well, still confident he'd drink her under the table any day.
[break][break]
lucario nodded solmnly, taking the blaziken's challenge at face value. he moved in close to engage in another CLOSE COMBAT.
[break][break]

[break]