awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
i've been dosed by you, and... [m]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 0:39:30 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The night was almost upon them. The sun hung on, slowly inching out of the sky. The sun fell like a cat going down a curtain. The horizon held all kinds of red-oranges and pinks, as the sky above turned navy-blue. They were in an industrious town, but it wasn't so polluted that they couldn't make out a scant few stars above.

Casey rode into town atop the back of a Charizard, wearing what was clearly something from work. A dark cherry-red hoodie with an anime design on it, over what looked like bondage pants, the way that the denim was flanked on all sides by straps and loops. He pulled off the hoodie and folded it under one arm, revealing a slightly formal blue button-up.

Digging around in one of his many pockets, he gifted a pre-packaged roll of Italian sausage to his ride. As Charizard slowly bit it down, Casey looked around. The restaurant inside was an agreeable sushi joint, with high ceilings, padded booths, and tiled walls. A port town like this could host any number of bar and grills or fish and chip shops, but they were a little more uptown at the moment.

Seeing her nearby, Casey smiled. It'd been a month since that first night of August, when the Mossdeep Observatory hosted everyone. He'd wondered if she'd ever call him back, after how weird it got. He had his hair up in a ponytail, and offered her his hoodie, in the event that they'd stay out in the breezy evening and talk for a minute. "Oh! Summer! How have you been?"

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 2:46:43 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
When they agreed to meet in the Upper District, Summer found herself questioning everything as she got ready to meet Casey. Would this meeting be awkward? Did he only want to meet up with her to talk about the Soiree and about how everything was a mistake?

Surely what she saw in the mist had to mean something, right?

She ignored the twisting knots in her stomach as she finished her make up and adorned her dress for the night, hoping it didn't look to risqué for their dinner.

Summer decided to keep her white hair down to frame her face, adding in a few little hair clips to keep her bangs back. Good enough, right?

When she made it to their agreed spot, a sushi place, she waited outside to meet him, idly looking at her phone while looking up on occasion to see if he appeared. When he did, with his hair pulled up to show his face, she couldn't help the small blush on her cheeks as she smiled back at him.

"I'm doing alright. I've just been busy lately. I'm glad we could meet tonight," she said, approaching him. "How are you? Shall we go inside?"

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 4:00:58 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

He hadn't a clue what the mist actually meant. That's why he immediately deflected that night, instead of fielding any question of hers. If he could see that glimpse into her mind in that instance, then surely... She'd have been able to see what he wanted. For his friends to be happy, and for her to live with him.

And... the kid too? He bit his tongue. It seemed even more selfish than any of the times he'd hit on her that night.

Casey looked her up and down, and smiled. That insistent blush of hers returned. He narrowed his eyes at her a little, then dug a pokeball out of his pocket, to stow away his ride, now that it'd finished his gift. "I'm so glad that you could make it. I know that you have a lot of responsibilities to juggle."

Casey smiled, holding his hoodie under one arm. He turned with a foot first. He'd push the metal bar across the door open for her, both to sincerely hold the door for her, and to in an act of vanity flex the muscles in his chest. "I'm good. I've been working too, but I've had time to think. ...Let's. Drinks are on me."

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 13:27:48 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Time to think.

Summer wanted to know immediately what he thought about, if she was about to be rejected and told that everything that happened before was just because of the drinks and the circumstances.

Was she paranoid? Of course she was. But she nodded and entered the sushi bar and requested a table for two, which was readily available for them.

She settled into one side of the booth, glancing over the menu even though she felt like she couldn't eat because of the built up nerves in her stomach. "What's your favorite type?" she asked, peering up to look at Casey curiously.

Summer wondered if they should wait to bring up the topic at hand or not. "I have the food covered. Don't worry about it, get what you want."

She was loaded, after all. And, if she wanted to, she could always put it on her father's business expense card to spite him. A double win for her, given the situation she faced at home.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 15:06:05 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey sat in the booth across from her. A pair of laminated menus fell between them. The lighting in the room was slightly blue-tinted, perhaps to keep the people at the bar awake. He was able to return to her question quickly, after a second to think about it. He glanced down at her, and quickly put on a smile. “Oh. It has to be the Spider Roll, with crab meat, cucumber, and spicy mayo. Do you have a favorite?”

His fear was similar but different. It was that he just swooped on her when she was feeling down, and they were in love after that. That if she was in her right mind, she would’ve turned him down.

Then there was the matter of the meteor rocking the side of the building. The cloud of mist rolling in, and more or less exposing everyone’s subconscious fears and desires. Shorthand for information that people wouldn’t normally share with eachother.

He flagged down a waiter and asked for a platter of Spider Rolls to go to the middle of the table, for the two of them. He was so close to just asking for one big drink with two straws. But this was delaying the inevitable. He looked about as nervous as she felt. "...So. Normally, when someone talks about their dream to someone else, it’s not worth paying attention to. But... I get the impression that we saw everything in eachother. ...You and your brother, happy and safe. And... that thing that I thought about."

”The modest house and plot of land that we have to ourselves. The child. And... I moved on because we couldn’t talk about this infront of him. But now that we’re by ourselves... I wanted to ask how you felt about what you saw.”

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 15:46:11 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer fiddled with the menu, pursing her lips as she read over it. "I don't know if I have a favorite... I haven't had sushi in a while, to be honest. If I had to say, maybe something like spicy tuna?" Was she basic? Maybe.

However, she was perfectly happy with the spider rolls. They sounded delightful as well.

Some strong alcohol also sounded great at the moment.

But, Casey turned the conversation to what they had been waiting to talk about. She felt a knot in her throat, and she swallowed hard to try to get rid of it as she tried to find her voice. Her up first?

Well, okay...

"I'll admit, I was very shocked. We haven't known each other for so long, and to think, you want to have a family with me? Settle down for the rest of your life and stay with someone like me?" She couldn't help but sound a bit derogatory toward herself.

Especially after her delusion about killing her father.

"It's not the time that I've been worried about. I don't care about how long we've known each other. I have this feeling, these feelings for you that I've never had for anyone else. But, Casey... there's so much you don't know about me that if you find out, I'm afraid you will run away and never look back."

It was just all spewing out of her, like a broken faucet. Summer couldn't help herself as she fiddled with her hands under the table, unable to look at him.

"Of course, I felt so happy over what I saw. That you felt something like that for me. But I'm scared. I'm terrified." She stopped, finally looking back at him with a shy look on her face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ramble."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 16:22:39 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

He nodded. “Spicy tuna rolls are pretty good too. I don’t know if this place does it, but I used to get these like... hand rolls. Like... a long tube of sushi. The spicy tuna hand-rolls were always worth the line.”

He bit the bullet. The waiter returned with their platter, only to be sent away again for a bottle of semi-sweet sake and two glasses. They’d be presented with a bottle right away. Floral, slightly creamy, and as sweet as any rosé, if not sweeter.

Casey was taken aback at first. That she held these feelings too, but worried. "I’m so glad that you feel this way too. We already get along so well. I think... I do want to be with you forever, no matter what shape our life together takes. And when you led me upstairs... We weren’t trying to do that, but... there was something life-giving about being as close to you as I could be."

He poured out a glass for each of them, and looked away for a second. He didn’t touch his drink yet, but made a point to eat one of the rolls infront of him. When he tried to make eye-contact with her again, it was with a weak grin. “I already saw enough to know that I have to make this work. The time to run away would’ve been after we picked berries.”

The way that she looked shyly at him melted him. He felt like he’d hurt her already. Casey bit his tongue, and tried again. She was hurting, and he didn’t know how to intervene. "And... what can I do to make you feel less scared?"

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 16:47:44 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer reached for a piece, deciding to eat before she spoke again. Because, now that she realized it, she was starving from worrying all day. She was in the middle of stuffing another one in her mouth when the sake was brought out.

"Oh... that looks beautiful," she said with a fascinated voice, lowering her chopsticks to look over the bottle.

Summer couldn't help the pounding feeling in her chest as Casey talked about the Soiree, about the time they spent away from the crowd. She watched him poor the drinks into the glass, amazed that he wasn't shaking like she felt like she was.

"Normally I'd try to make a joke here, but I really can't. I'm just happy to know you feel that way about me," she said softly, running her finger around the rim of her glass, smiling down at it. "I wondered if I had come onto you too strong. But I suppose I was mistaken."

Summer looked up to see him smile at her. "You do?" So, he wanted to make this work out?

The thought alone could make her fly.

He was concerned about her. Had she scared him? Summer paused. Did she tell him everything?

"I have to tell you about myself. About my family. Would you be willing to listen?" If he still stuck around after that, she knew for sure that Casey would be the one. "I can't go into something like this with secrets. It's not fair."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 17:23:50 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

He nodded. He saw her reach for a roll, and stop herself. Casey had no such limiter in his brain, going for a third. “...I’m not much of a drinker. I can roll joints all day. But... the bottle looked cute.”

He “accidentally” let his fingers touch hers as she accepted the glass he poured for her. 

Casey tilted his head at her. He smiled at her, and narrowed his eyes. She looked down, and he had to make a move again. "I invited you to take what you wanted. And you’re scared that you came onto me too hard? I’d love a little hickey on the other side of my neck. So that they match."

He sipped at his drink. A chill ran down his spine, but he quickly smiled. “You told me about your father. I saw him in a cell. And your brother, healthy and well. ... I hope I’m not mistaken in saying that that’s your brother.”

She looked him in the eye and laid her cards on the table. He beamed with pride at her, straightening out his back. "You can tell me whatever you’d like. I can promise that I’ll listen."

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 17:45:48 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer wanted to reach out and hold that hand. But, she couldn't let her glass fall and spill on the table. So, she brought it to her lips and sipped it. "Maybe you'll have to teach me how to do that," she said. "I can help with drinking." She laughed.

Arceus, it took everything in her to not slam her drink against the table. Summer looked at him with raised brows. "Match?" She had heard him correctly, right? She blinked a few times before laughing into her drink again. "Well, maybe I'll have to give that to you later."

If he was still around.

Summer nodded, finishing another piece of the roll before speaking. "That was my brother, and the other man with him was his boyfriend. They've been a thing for a while." She paused. "And yeah, that was my father behind the jail bars."

And who she eliminated in that future delusion.

Summer took another sip of her drink. "Well, my brother, Knox, was disowned from the Prescott family business. He's... he doesn't take care of himself. He abuses drugs, takes what he can get. I think Sam is helping him with that, but my father kicked him out because of it. And the fact he parties instead of does business."

She inhaled sharply. "My father is a business liaison on the surface. But, really, he launders money." Her gaze was back on the table. "I'm the one who took over Knox's spot because I was the trustworthy one. His right-hand, of sorts. I'm better at setting up deals and making sure things are enforced."

Summer bit her lip. "Recently, my brother and I held a party for those affiliated with Rocket because, well... we are also affiliated with them." Her fingers tapped the table. "My father found my brother at the house, and he sent him away after beating him terribly. And now, he wants me to eliminate him."

Summer put her hands on her face, sighing heavily. "I'm sorry. This is a lot to tell you. But... I can't let you believe I'm perfect without knowing about this."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 18:51:06 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey narrowed his eyes at her. She smiled at him, seemingly stepping up to his challenge. He tilted his head, and raised a brow. “I’ll have to find some way to thank you, then. With these hands that you like holding, perhaps...”

He trailed off. They were still at a dinner table, after all. Casey sipped at his drink again. He smiled, thinking about her brother having a boyfriend. Must’ve been the other guy in that dream. Good for him.

Then she went on to say that her brother was more or less disowned. Casey went stone-faced for a minute. He thought about it. He had a cousin who’s not on good speaking terms with his parents, but that was... different. He nodded, opting to hold onto this for now.

He bit down another roll. Casey was on the edge of his seat, offering to hold her hand. "This is... just as troubling as when you told me the first time. That’s no way to discipline a child. They don’t learn anything... but I guess you two already know not to trust your father."

”...Can you induct me into their ranks. I may have said this already, but I want a life together... no matter what shape it takes.”

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 20:28:14 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Of course, the aspect of Casey touching her with his hands were enough to get her going. If they weren't at a restaurant, she would have already been on him in an instant. "I'll hold you accountable to that."

After her story was finished and she dropped her hands from her face, Summer noticed that Casey left one outstretched for her to take. So, she took it, as she always did, and looked at him while he replied.

It was the last part that took her by surprise.

"Wh-what? Are you serious? Casey, you know what that means, right?" she said, quick to oppose his idea. He could live a life without Rocket hovering over his head. He didn't have to worry about them except for the trouble they caused.

But... he didn't run away from her. He stayed. He wanted to be with her.

Summer looked at him. "If you do that, you can't turn back. Because defecting means they will try to hunt you down for the rest of your life."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 21:20:51 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey bit his lip, and narrowed his eyes at her. “Do you promise?”

He kind of blurted out the thing that took her by surprise. But now was his chance to think it through. She accepted his hand, and he followed up by sliding his fingers between hers and clasping their hands together.

He downed a third of his drink. Casey was on the edge of his seat, swallowing a lump in his throat. "Well... You were scared that I was gonna run away. And now, I know too much to be let go. You know this. You now have a choice."

”You can kill me and dump me on the beach. There’s already been radio silence from me for three months. People probably wouldn’t notice. Or... you can take me with you.”
He said, smiling serenely. He was already thinking about how cute she’d look in the black pajamas and beret.

This is the way I knew that it would be with you

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 21:32:27 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Why was he so fucking sexy when he did stuff like that? If they were not in the sushi restaurant right now, Summer would have been all over him in less than a minute. "I promise."

Still, Casey didn't recant his statement. In fact, he was challenging her to think about her options at hand. To silence him and leave him to rot away, or let him join her.

Playing dirty. It was like he already knew how to do this Rocket thing.

"I couldn't kill you," she said softly, squeezing his hand. The thought made her chest tighten, not in a pleasant way. "Seeing you dead would end me." Summer paused before sighing.

"Okay. I'll do it. I'll help you join."

Summer looked back up at him, raising his hand that she held to her lips. "Promise me to never let me think of you dead again. I won't allow it," she said, her lips brushing against his hand as she peered over at him.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2021 21:57:17 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey glanced aside for a second, and giggled for a second. He was well aware of what he was doing to her. 

He was so astonished then, to hear her take the hard way out. She squeezed his hand, and backed down. He could feel her pulse through the veins in her hand, her hand gripping his. “You could. I’d let you do it.”

He downed a third of his drink. Casey got what he wanted already. "Seeing you in those black tights that they wear would end me. It’d be all that I think about."

”I can’t wait to meet your friends from work, babe.”
He said, as she brought his hand up and kissed it. With his free hand, he sipped at his drink, and pretended to be shy about the whole thing.

This is the way I knew that it would be with you