Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 1:09:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

NEW MISSION: and have been tasked to collect a swarm of pikachu off of route 102. an easy enough assignment, in theory. before leaving he introduces himself as BEE. then, after loading up their supplies, the pair depart from HQ and head toward oldale town. it's a long drive, but barnaby does his best to fill the silence. does he attempt to make small talk and try to get her to play road trip games (i.e. the license plate game)? absolutely. is summer annoyed by all this? probably.[break][break]

[ - spongebob narrator voice -
4 HOURS LATER ]
[break]

"if anyone asks we're just a quaint couple taking a little jaunt through the woods. very casual." and he certainly was, for the moment. wind from the open window billowed through barnaby's natural black hair, which felt incredible to him. it was nice to have the wig off for once. his left arm rested on the window frame, one hand dangling leisurley out of the opening while the other steered the cargo van toward their destination.[break][break]

it was a beautiful morning for mischief. clear skies, cool weather, and a cozy country lane. suddenly, a shock of electricity to the right of the dirt road caught his attention. he slowed the van, focusing on the area for confirmation - and there it was again. a flash of light that could only have come from an electric-type pokémon. barnaby readjusted his sunglasses before quipping, "i believe that's our cue, chère."
[break][break]

[break]
mission: pika pickup

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6bc0e9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:45px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 1:42:15 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Whoever decided to pair her up with this idiot? They were a fool.

Summer almost brought her headphones with her for their travel to Route 102, to tune out any unnecessary conversation or stupid small talk her companion might bring. But, she might have gotten a bit preoccupied telling goodbye before leaving home.

Oops.

She could have sworn she ground her teeth flat from the amount of jaw clenching she did, resting her head on her hand as they trekked onward.

Summer opened her eyes when he spoke to her about their supposed charade that he came up with. "Absolutely not," she said, perhaps one of the first real sentences she said to Barnaby.

"You aren't going to tell me what I will be doing, and things will go smoothly. Got it?"

The van came to a stop, and Summer stepped out, practically slamming her door shut. She shot him a glare at his pet name, stepping ahead of him because there would be absolutely no way she'd be seen walking beside him like a lovey-dovey couple.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 0:52:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

hmm, she's a prickly one. he mused to himself, his ever-present smile never faltering even as her tone cut into him. barnaby decided to save himself the headache of trying to befriend her and would simply focus on the mission for now. he was, in fact, not an idiot and had definitely picked up on summer's disinterest.[break][break]

so, he'd step back and let her take the lead. "of course, my apologies." his voice was light and pleasant. she exited the van and he followed suit, swinging by the back of the vehicle to grab their supply-filled backpacks before heading out. he offered her one. "please, after you." he almost purred, every word dripped in honey. perhaps they would get along in time. the prickliest plants always seemed to have the most beautiful flowers, after all.[break][break]

following a small trek into the interior of the forest, the pair arrived at a particularly large clearing. an abundance of pikachu scurried throughout the space; some roamed through the tall grass looking for dropped apricorns, others were chipping away at a couple of scattered boulders, and a select few were resting by a quiet pond in the distance. barnaby crouched at the treeline and watched the swarm for a moment or two before leaning toward summer and asking, "how would you like to approach this?"
[break][break]

[break]
mission: pika pickup[break]
bingo prompt 1/4

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:45px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 2:22:59 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Well, it seemed like he understood well enough. Summer let out a small hmph, turning her head away and her nose up as she placed her hands on her hips to observe the scene in front of her. She twisted her hair up into a bun on her head, since it would not be bothering her against the headrest of the van anymore.

With a simple glance at him, she took the bag and threw it over her shoulder, not bothering to say thank you.

Summer walked with a certain poise and confidence that would probably seem unusual for a mission like this. When they reached the spot where the Pikachu were revealed, she stopped, reaching for one of her Pokeballs.

"With a bit of space," she said with a side glance before releasing Surtur, her Emboar. "We can challenge them and attempt to capture them as we go. Some may be easier to get. Others may need interference," she said, indicating to her flaming, boar-like Pokemon beside her.

"Unless you think you have a better idea?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 21:46:12 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

barnaby nodded along as summer spoke, processing her plan and weighing it against his. "i like your idea. most of these pikachu look relatively young, so they shouldn't pose too much of a problem." he paused a moment to glance over and inspect her EMBOAR. my, what a brute of a pokémon. [break][break]

"i agree, space is key here. we can't have them running off into the forest. i'll sneak around to the other side of the clearing and begin there." barnaby looked to summer for confirmation, but quickly added, "ah! i almost forgot to mention. here." he shouldered his backpack off of him and unzipped it to reveal its contents: a mass of rubber-lined netting. "this may come in handy. use it if you'd like. there's some in your pack as well."[break][break]

and that was it. game on. he rezipped his bag and began to carefully slink along the edge of the wood. once he reached the opposite side of the glade, he'd quietly release three of his pokémon: fleur, odette, and celeste. an alolan NINTETALES, kantoan NINETALES, and LIEPARD, respectively. these pokémon were lithe, swift, and cunning. perfect for what he had planned next.

[break][break]

[break]
mission: pika pickup

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2021 22:03:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer couldn't help the smug look that crossed her face when Barnaby mentioned that he liked her idea. Of course he did. She was a genius, after all. She knew what she was doing.

He mentioned a rubber netting in her bag, showing off his in his on pack. She nodded, looking back at their targets ahead of them. "Noted."

Without further explanation, Summer and Surtur walked forward toward the herd of Pikachus, seeing a few flashes of electricity here and there from their discharges. She attempted to catch a few that seemed to be easy to catch, several successful while two of them needed some more convincing with Surtur.

However, she noticed that there was a Raichu nearby. "There's a Raichu. Be careful," she said simply.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 0:55:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The four of them studied their quarry for a moment. They were situated beside the pond, just at the edge of the forest. From this vantage point Barnaby had a good view of the group of PIKACHU nearest the water; they were lounging leisurely, sleeping the afternoon away. Easy prey. A few words and a simple hand signal toward his Pokémon began the HUNT.[break][break]

It was systematic. Flawless, as most things that Barnaby did were. He paid a hefty price for each of his Pokémon and that money bought near-perfection. The three of them were fast as greased lighting and within seconds had surrounded the group of electric rodents. Dual beams of fire and ice struck the PIKACHU before they could even register what was happening. Once they were sufficiently weakened, Barnaby cast his rubber-lined net over them for good measure. Each was soon secured in its own Poké Ball. [break][break]

With the first group taken care of, Barnaby signaled for his girls to move forward. That was, until, Big Papa RAICHU came barreling out of a particularly tall patch of grass. And by barreling I mean it was actually unleashing a ferocious VOLT TACKLE upon its nearest opponent - Odette. "Merde! Evade!" And the NINETALES did indeed... but just barely. The RAICHU rerouted quickly and turned to face the invaders, electricity crackling along its entire body. Perhaps this wouldn't be as easy as Barnaby thought.

[break][break]

[break]
bingo prompt 2/4

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 3:27:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer's own hunt was going well, almost all of her pokeballs that she was given filled with Pikachus. However, the Raichu she had spotted earlier seemed to have targetted Barnaby and his Pokemon.

Well, seemed like she had to come to the rescue.

Summer approached, seeing that his net was occupied. She pulled out her own, throwing in the direction of the Raichu. Luckily, it landed, but that Pokemon was a beast and nothing less.

"Do you have an ground type moves we could weaken it with?" she asked.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:24:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Summer to the rescue, indeed.[break][break]

She strode over with a kind of languid confidence that Barnaby admired. He gladly welcomed her help and, upon the successful netting of RAICHU, let out a sigh of relief. The rubber netting nullified its electric attacks and left the giant rodent vulnerable. Despite this, it still thrashed wildly about, threatening to undo their progress.[break][break]

"No, unfortunately not. But this should do just fine." Barnaby replied casually.[break][break]

"Fleur, blind it." She obliged with a DAZZLING GLEAM, leaving the RAICHU wailing in pain and pawing at its eyes.[break][break]

"Odette, burn it." The NINETALES followed up with a fiery WILL-O-WISP. As you can imagine, the smell of charred fur wasn't the most appetizing.[break][break]

Barnaby threw his last Poké Ball at the RAICHU. The capture was a success.

[break][break]

sorry for the wait! ;-; i wasn't feeling well the past week or so and am just now getting my strength back[break]
bingo prompt 3/4

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 2:11:34 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
The will-o-wisp left a terrible smell in her nose, causing Summer to wrinkle her nose in disgust. She felt bad for the Raichu, seeing the pain that had been inflicted on it.

But it was a necessary evil, wasn't it?

She was beginning to wonder.

"Are you finished with your things?" she asked.

Her collection of Pikachu that she caught were stashed away in her bag now, ready to be turned in to the Rocket authorities who required them.

"I think we have plenty to hand back."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 20:44:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A cursory glance around the now-emptied meadow showed that their mission was indeed at an end. Whatever stragglers remained had long escaped into the safety of the forest.[break][break]

"Yes, I believe so." Barnaby smiled at Summer, content with their work and admittedly glad to begin the journey back to headquarters.[break][break]

Still, the RAICHU's screams lingered in his mind. He didn't relish causing the Pokémon pain, but in their line of work it was a necessary evil.[break][break]

After collecting their equipment the pair of ROCKETs returned to their van and stashed the captured Pokémon in the back. Barnaby elected to drive again, but decided against the probing questions and road trip games this time.[break][break]

He did, however, stop at Pokébucks on the way home to celebrate their success. Two venti pumpkin spice lattes, to-go!

[break][break]

that's a wrap! thanks for threading with me~[break]
bingo prompt 4/4

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sweet Summer Sky [M]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 5:13:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: