awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 11:49:30 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]
and the point of the tooth

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
nothing has ever lived that will not die

[attr=class,bulk][break]Wracking his brain over the matter helped little, though Derek still couldn't help but wonder why Stormy wanted to be apart of the mission. Surely there were more important matters for her to tend to. Or even just something better to do with her down time. With all the wealth she likely had to entertain herself with, there was no way milking cows was high on the list.

[break][break]

While clueless, Derek strode alongside her to see off the owner of the ranch. Something was amiss, that much the ranger felt was true. After dismissing them with a wave, the two were set to roam the ranch in order to complete a rather tall list of chores. There were so many the man even prepared a list and clipboard, which Derek had in-hand as they moved along the property.

[break][break]

"You wanna feed the Ponyta first?" Derek questioned, wishing to pry, but ultimately decided to let his suspicions go for the time being.

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MISSION: MILKING MILTANKS (AA)

VERDANTURF RANCH

[attr=class,derekpost8credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 21:06:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
It's too open. It's too open. it's too open.

She chants ominously in her mind, her thoughts becoming rampant, desperate, panicked. Her breathing quickens until her chest aches and she feels as though she can't breath at all. Fortunately, outwardly she appears distracted as opposed to crumbling, and she blinks rapidly at the voice begging for her attention.

"What?"

Breathless, she comes to her senses.

"Sure, yeah. I'll.. feed the Ponyta."

It reminds her, painfully and suddenly, how long it has been since she's stopped in to see her own horses. They remain in Lavaridge, being watched over by or maybe even . Had she even reached out to either of them? Suddenly, time seems so fleeting and far-away.

"Are they this way?"

Stormy appears distracted and lost, her brows coming together as she glances around aimlessly.
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 2:16:24 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Uh...yeah?" Looking up from the clipboard to see, Stormy is right, but...was the field with flaming horses in the distance not telling enough? Something was up, Derek was almost certain.

[break][break]

Staying close to observe her like a wolf does the flock of sheep, Derek kept tabs while moving towards the stalls where the feed was stacked against. The Machamp by the name of Randal was let out in order to lend a helping hand, allowing them to bring all of it over in one go. All the while he couldn't help but stare at Stormy, scrutinizing each and every little thing that seemed off about her. Derek wasn't sure how to feel about it, or whether he should bring it up. A member of the elite four could manage themselves, right? Or was he putting to much stock in the mantle, one he so desperately admired, and even aspired for?

[break][break]

More of his time passed in silence as Derek cut open the bag and dropped it into one of the feeding troughs, prompting the small herd to gather and draw closer to the two substitute ranchers and their Machamp. "Let's hope they're hungry."

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]

VERDANTURF RANCH

template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 0:59:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"'Kay."

And so she presses on, ignoring the weird look he gives her. Maybe she doesn't even see it, she's so stuck in her own head. What she does notice, however, is the way Derek's eyes linger once she's moved past him. It agitates her, keeps her on edge, with her chin tucked and her eyes glancing over her shoulder just enough that she could see him, but he might not be able to tell that he's being watched.

It's how she knows he's about to get a nasty farmer's tan if he doesn't slap some sunscreen on himself soon.

"Are you just going to sit there and stare, or are you gonna do something do, friend?"

She hooks her fingers through a bale of hay, groaning as she stands back up and hauls it forward. The smell of it, disturbed, draws the attention from the herd of Rapidash and Ponyta. She huffs with each step she takes.
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 0:32:20 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Yeah, sorry." Derek quickly offers a helping hand in response, his pokemon assisting in tearing apart the bulk of feed and spreading it between many hands. The herd approach gently, cautiously even, unsure of the strangers. But they carried food all the same, and soon the smallest yet bravest of them came forth to indulge in the offering.

[break][break]

While the Ponyta feasted shamelessly on their hay buffet, Derek couldn't help his thoughts from lingering. She definitely didn't seem like herself, assuming he knew what that was. "By the way."

[break][break]

Turning over to see her hand-feed a mare, it was a moment he maybe shouldn't have interrupted. "I didn't get a chance to talk to you that night. Did you enjoy yourself at the Soiree?"

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]

VERDANTURF RANCH

template by punki

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 1:04:44 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy wipes sweat from her brow, glancing up and to the side as an Unfezant lifts off from a building nearby. It is noisy and annoying, startling one of the shyer Ponyta from the hay pile. With a kick of his hooves, flames lick at the grass and he storms off, prancing to shake off his nerves and embarrassment.

"What?"

There is something.. almost violent in the way she reacts to his question. Defensive, on edge, with wide eyes and quickened breathing. Her palm, outstretched beneath a Rapidash's nose, jolts and startles her, too. The mare pulls back with a snort, startling Stormy, and the entire herd shies away suddenly and loudly.

"What a stupid question."
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 14:00:47 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Huh?" The dour mood grows worse yet, as Stormy startles the herd with her reaction. Obviously something was wrong, but what that was, he could not say. "What's that supposed to mean?"

[break][break]

There were some supposedly bad things that happened, but Derek's mind had been too fuzzy when he tried to recollect anything. He didn't think to try and figure it out, either. The whole dream state, or alternate reality he experienced was too much to try and contemplate.

[break][break]

But that didn't mean neither of them could have enjoyed the highlights of the Soiree before the pink mist. Stormy looked particularly stellar in her dress, and perhaps better dancing. Though he couldn't remember if she did dance, or who with...

[break][break]

Waiting patiently for her to explain, Derek simple bided time while tending to the Ponyta. While her efforts made them fled, others drew closer to the gentle ranger and quickly took to feeding once more.

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]

VERDANTURF RANCH

template by punki

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 21:19:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"How much did you have to drink that night?"

She is accusatory in her approach, venom dripping from her every word. The feed in her hands falls away because she drops it on purpose and steps away. Her hands are shaking, but she makes an effort to tuck them away.

"What do you remember from that night?"

All of a sudden, suspicion grows in the pit of her chest. She turns on him, eyes narrowed.
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 15:39:38 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Enough to make my memory of the night super hazy." Though acknowledging her antagonistic demeanor, Derek doesn't feed into it much at first. Particularly because it's obvious to him now that something happened. Something bad. Enough to ruin Stormy to an unknown extent. But moving onto the next question, now that he was thinking very hard about it...

[break][break]

"I feel like I might have seen more of these guys?" Derek's hand nonchalantly plucks out a pokeball, releasing his Unown. This one shared the likeness of the letter P, and so he named it with that in mind. "But the only thing I remember for certain was the pink mist. After that, I think I blacked out. I don't even know how or if I made it home that night. Just that I was dreaming about...well, that's not important."

[break][break]

Looming overhead, Praedyth observed it's trainer before turning to Stormy. It's level of excitement seemed to change slightly, lingering closer to her as if looking for something.

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]

VERDANTURF RANCH

template by punki

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 18:31:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"That's convenient."

She's being unfair, she knows she's being unfair. There are parts of that night that not even she can fully put together. Between the waking nightmares and the fear and the attack.. the order of it all becomes a blurred line.

But there is one thing she remembers, and it pops out of his hand at the drop of a hat.

Her reaction is immediate, pale-faced and struck with panic. She can't pull her gaze away from the Unown, but she does violently pull back and reach for a pokeball of her own.

"What the fuck are you doing with one of those?"

And then she immediately begins spiraling.

"Was it you?"

Whatever else he has to say turns to smoke and she doesn't register it. Instead, her attention is fully trained on the hovering letter 'P' and shying away as it approaches her. Her fist tightens around her ball with the intent to attack.
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 9:31:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"What's gotten into you? You're acting crazy!" There's no doubt the something in question was bad, but her paranoia and accusations were uncalled for. "This little guy wasn't even part of the soiree—I caught them during the swarm in Petalburg!" But even with that said, the Unown still caused Stormy great distress. Her readiness to grip a pokeball tightly, and desperately didn't go unnoticed.

[break][break]

The same device clicked open again, retrieving the pokemon before 'it could do anymore harm'. Perhaps it was a little late for that, though how on earth was he supposed to know. Anger boiled up inside like an inferno, but nothing came of it.

[break][break]

"We're done here, so I say we just go home and rest. You seem to need it."

[break]
[break]
tags (ADVENT #8)
[attr=class,bottom-text]

VERDANTURF RANCH

template by punki

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2021 19:46:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"I'm crazy?"

Her voice rises in pitch until it is almost a shriek. Trauma turns her blood to ice, makes her erratic, makes her unreasonable. All she can see, all she can hear, all she can smell is the Soiree. In her peripherals at all times, she can almost see the pink mist from the Soiree creeping back up on her.

It worsens now, seeing him, seeing his Unown. Him shouting at her doesn't help, either.

What scares her worse, however, is the fact that she wants to believe him. He's telling the truth, because why wouldn't he? Why would Derek try to hurt her? It didn't make sense. But nothing makes sense anymore.

"Fuck you."

He returns the Unown and she walks straight past him, desperate to get out of there. She doesn't look back.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
alpha lupi [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2021 20:24:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: