awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 20:16:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]
and the point of the tooth

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
nothing has ever lived that will not die

[attr=class,bulk][break]Called to the scene of an empty farmer's pen, Derek and another are assigned the task of rounding up their livestock. Scoping the area for clues, they quickly find that the pokemon were chased out into the wild of route 117. And so, off they went...

[break][break]

"I'm Derek by the way." A hand is offered to the individual as they trek further and further away from the farm. There's plenty of signs that the sheep had passed through, just none that they were still there. The Poochyena at his side was given a piece of wool, allowing them to pick up on whatever trail that had been left. Though for the time being, it seemed the trail was cold as ice. No matter. The hunt was on.

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MAREEP ROUND-UP

VERDANTURF TOWN

[attr=class,derekpost8credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 22:50:06 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
It seemed like every delivery out to the farm folk was ending in a favor these days. But at least it let them meet lots of interesting people.

“Locke. You were at the bonfire the other night, right?”

The apparent lack of a scent trail made things difficult. His first instinct, surprise surprise, was to climb on the back of one of his flying Pokémon and get an aerial view. A second thought, however, told Locke that a large dragon or bird of prey circling the area would more likely panic the sheep and force them to scatter.

Well, they didn’t necessarily have to go up there themselves.

A quick flash of red summoned their Starly, who immediately stretched out his wings with a yawn. “Kuru-Kuru, give the place a once-over for us. We’ll follow along down here.” The little brown bird, gave an affirmative tweet, shook out his feathers, and took flight.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 20:42:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekpost8]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
this is the shape

[attr=class,lyric2]
and the point of the tooth

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
nothing has ever lived that will not die

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Yeah. The rangers sent me in case anything went south. Like people getting lost in the woods, and all that." Except Hoenn's youth these days knew the wilds of the region better than the adults. At the very least, he was helping to keep up their public image by being there. Assuming anyone really even cared about such things.

[break][break]

"Good idea." Commenting on the pokemon tasked with reconnaissance, Derek couldn't help but wish he had more pokemon in his arsenal. Riding on horseback with a Rapidash or something would be ideal for quickly navigating the terrain, but the closest thing to such a quadruped was his Metagross. Surely seeing the steel behemoth would frighten them further away from home...

[break]
[break]
tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MAREEP ROUND-UP

VERDANTURF TOWN

[attr=class,derekpost8credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accentborder, .derekpost8 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .accenttext, .derekpost8 .bulk b, .derekpost8 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/77/5d/WRdoBNJj_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(20,20,20,0.1),rgba(20,20,20,0.2));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1, .derekpost8 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1 div, .derekpost8 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 16px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 16px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekpost8 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekpost8credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 0:27:04 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke pulled out another Pokéball, releasing Doro-Doro in front of him. The Mudsdale gave a huff and stamped her foot, clearly displeased with being called out for work again, but he quieted her down with an apologetic pat on muzzle.

“They should be used to this kind of Pokémon right? I think we should be able to get closer without spooking them like this.” Locke called over to their companion as they hoisted themselves onto the horse’s back. They settled in, making sure Doro-Doro was fully relaxed before reaching a hand out to the ranger. “Do you wanna take the backseat? I’ve got some other Pokémon you could ride, but I can’t promise they’ll listen…”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 18:03:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
never yield to the cynicism

[attr=class,lyric2]
that says everyone else is so good

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
that i can afford to be a little evil

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Yeah sure, thanks." Derek takes hold of the hand that's offered to him and hops up onto the Mudsdale, proving quick to enjoy the view from up here. The comfort of the ride, however, is in question.

[break][break]

Regardless of any bumps in the road, a pokeball is plucked from one of the holsters at Derek's waste. Perhaps the Noibat inside could be useful to them. "Hey Suraya, think you could try to use your echo location to see if any pokemon are nearby? Maybe check if there are any large burrows under the trees?" A quick nod is given before the pokemon glides away, flapping it's wings rather happily. It's the first time he's let them out, after all. "Seems it's just a waiting game now, so uh...I guess we can chat awhile."

[break][break]

A brief, terribly awkward pause ensued while Derek tried to think of something to break the ice. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot coming to mind. "You got any badges?"

[break][break]
tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MAREEP ROUND-UP

ROUTE 117

[attr=class,derekswarmcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/6c/wCsh7D4v_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 16:53:31 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
“Good idea. Now we’ve got eyes over and under!” Locke said, admiring the little bat-dragon as it flew off.

A bark of laughter escaped him at the question. “No way! I’m hopeless at that stuff,” he replied breezily, waving his hand as though casting the very idea away. “What about you? I’m guessin’ ya compete?”

The road narrowed ahead of them, getting bumpier and less-maintained the further they marched into the woods, until it eventually faded into a simple but well-worn dirt path through the trees. Their progress soon came to a halt, however.

A fallen tree blocked the way forward, a few Oran berries still scattered around and beneath it, but largely plucked clean by the local wildlife. Probably a remnant from one of the late-summer storms.

“Ah, hold on,” Locke warned with an apologetic glance back at Derek, then bent forward to Doro-Doro. “Straight through here.” The Mudsdale gave an affirmative snort, then slammed into the log, using her Strength to launch it up and out of the way.

Where it landed, they weren’t really sure.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 9:21:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]"I do, yeah. Got one to my name, but that's only due to the special exceptions during the Hoenn Star Tournament. It's a pretty cool looking badge regardless, so I am glad I was able to get it."

[break][break]

A few brief moments of silence followed the answer, Locke and his pokemon left to deal with a log that obstructed their path. If it could do that to such a heavy piece of wood, Derek could only imagine what it could do to a pokemon.

[break][break]

This train of thought is cut short, however, when the Poochyena returns barking. Not aggressively or desperately, but as if it were communicating. Apparently it descended from a herding dog, or watchful shepherd, as it was rounding up a large portion of Mareep and leading them right to where they pushed the tree aside.

[break][break]

"Hey, nice work! Although..." Counting the group that came forth, it didn't appear to be all of them. Meaning their was still more work to do. "Lead them back to the main path and wait for us there." Diligently following orders, Derek and his pokemon went their separate ways. Hopefully the rest would turn up soon.

[break][break]
tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MAREEP ROUND-UP

ROUTE 117

template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/6c/wCsh7D4v_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 0:02:56 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
“Your Poochyena’s a natural, huh,” they said cheerily as the Mareep marched away.

They wouldn’t be short on leads, thankfully, as Locke’s own Pokémon returned shortly after the herd’s departure, carrying something in his beak. The Starly dropped the item in his trainer’s hand; a bright yellow piece of wool. “Oh! Perfect!” Just as quickly as he arrived, Kuru-Kuru flew off again, leading the party deeper into the woods.

The starling finally stopped in a particularly dense section of the forest, perching carefully on a tangle of brambles and twittering insistently. There didn’t appear to be a sheep in sight, however. “Hm…Do you see-”

A nearby bleat cut Locke off. Another quick scan of the area found no source, however, and he tossed a confused glance back at his companion.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 3:19:58 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]Scouring the area for signs of what made the sound, Derek doesn't quite see anything. A few moments later, and his Noibat returns, cooperating with the Starly to try and give a sense of direction that they should look in. Leaping off the the horse, Derek releases a pokemon he knows will have no problem dealing with the bramble bushes. "Sylvanus, can you cut some of the bramble away? But be careful about it?"

[break][break]

Nodding and squealing in agreement, the Victreebel's leaf blade slices through a single bramble at a time, working it's way into the cluster of jaggy foliage until more bleating can be heard. Not much longer after that, and they can see a cluster of yellow ahead of them.

[break][break]

"Make a way out for them." Diligently following this command, Sylvanus frees the remainder of the flock quickly. Though some of them had managed to tangle their wool in the thorns, which the Victreebel promptly hacked off. Hopefully they didn't miss it too much.

[break][break]

As one minute that passed turned into quite a few, the whole lot of them were eventually unshackled from the leafy imprisonment. And to thank their saviors, they followed their every word and movement dogmatically. "Guess all we gotta do is get them home." Derek suggests after giving another head count, finding that they should all be accounted for.

[break][break]
tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MAREEP ROUND-UP

ROUTE 117

template by punki

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 23:59:21 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke gave a little cheer as the last of the sheep made their way through. He bent over the side of Doro-Doro to pet the Mareep at the head of the herd, while Kuru-Kuru landed on its back and started picking at the twigs and thorns out of the wool it had left.

”Sounds like a plan!” They agreed, patting their Mudsdale and guiding the party and their charges around and back down the path they came, ready to finish a job well done.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
learning the ropes [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 4:04:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: