TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
inside you there are two growlithes [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 0:39:33 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]
[attr="class","izrigidw"]

The east side of route 103 wasn't the most comfortable place to spend a night camped out - at least not when you were a city boy like Izzy was. There'd been some word of a Arcanine traipsing around the area with a new litter of pups, one of which was sporting a shiny golden coat. Naturally, a shiny sought-after pokémon like Growlithe could make Rocket some big bucks, and so Izzy had been sent out to hunt the baby down.[break][break]

Also, Barnaby was here again, because apparently the admins had a bet going or something.[break][break]

Izzy sighs in frustration and shrugs his backpack down onto the grass, whining with the tone of a teenager who'd been dragged out on a field trip they hated.[break][break]

"How fucking long have we been waiting here for a glimpse of this piece of shit dog? It's starting to get dark and it's fucking cold. Ugh..."[break][break]

He may be in his twenties now, but Izzy was still kind of a stroppy kid in a lot of ways. Having to stay up all night lugging around a heavy bag of pokéballs was one of those things that brought it out of him.[break][break]

It helped, also, that he felt a little more comfortable around someone like Barnaby than he did the other rockets - but he was much less likely to admit that part.[break][break]

He was so busy complaining, in fact, that he was too distracted to notice the faint sparkle of a golden coat between the trees behind him.

[attr="class","izrigidtag"]

[attr="class","izrigidnotes"]

notes.

mission - pkmn hunter

[attr="class","izrigidpokes"]

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 17:40:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"C'mon, Izzy, you gotta be patient. They'll take the bait eventually."

God, fieldwork in the boonies. Barnaby disliked it probably as much if not more than his smaller companion, but he didn't want to complain excessively. Keep the mood light and fun, as much as that was possible.

"Just think of it this way. You're getting paid to spend time with your favorite person." Barnaby nonchalantly pointed a finger at his grinning face.

"Me." He was honestly only half-joking. Ah, the hubris of the beautiful.

"And hey, if you get too cold you can always come snuggle up over here." Barnaby patted the spot beside where he sat, back leaning on a particularly large tree trunk. "I'll keep you warm."

Suddenly, a glint of golden fur in the distance caught Barnaby's attention. His voice was audibly lower and more serious as he spoke, "Looks like our pup might be close." He nodded in the direction where he saw the figure moving.
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 23:32:08 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Barnaby makes some good points and all about being "patient", but Izzy hated being out in the cold wilderness, so the pout stayed firmly plastered on his face.[break][break]

He also makes some awful, self-serving points about being Izzy's favourite person and snuggling together. Even despite being used to his stupid comments by now, they still made Izzy's cheeks flush - a reaction he tried to play off by pulling his jacket further around him and acting like it's the cold.[break][break]

"Ugh. And here was me thinking it couldn't get any worse out here" He quips back, despite the blush and the downturned eyes. If he'd been someone else, he might have smirked at him, then. He shakes his head as Barnaby pats the free space beside him. "You're such a moron" - the insult in itself proof that Izzy feels more comfortable with him than he'd be willing to admit.[break][break]

As the tone changes, Izzy slowly turns and catches that same glint, following Barnaby's gesture.[break]
"Fuckin' finally..." He grumbles, and takes a few steps closer to get a better view between the trees. "Seems weird for it to be out there on it's own, though..."[break][break]

Izzy takes one more step, right to the edge of the trees. As he's about to stop, his boot finds a lone twig and snaps it with an audible crack. The sparkling fur in the distance stops moving, and suddenly it's barking towards the two men like a yappy little dog - still such a puppy-sounding bark.[break][break]

There's a pause, and then Izzy tenses. He doesn't move a muscle, but whispers back to Barnaby.[break][break]

"...Unless it's not on it's own"

notes.

mission - pkmn hunter

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 22:27:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Caught up in the thrill of the moment and at the prospect of finally going home to a warm bath, Barnaby crouched down and carefully moved to where Izzy was beside the tree line.

Leaving behind their supplies and Poké Balls. An absentminded mistake.

"Not a master of stealth, I see..." He whispers, mostly joking.

As the golden GROWLITHE pelted their ears with panicked barks, it seemed the sound drew out even more puppies. From the undergrowth emerged three others of its kind, although their coats were the more typical orange color. Soon, all three joined their sibling in its eardrum-shattering chorus.

"You're right, looks like the little guy isn't alone." Barnaby mumbled through gritted teeth. Wow, these dogs were annoying. "Maybe we can lure it closer..."

Then, another audible crack of a twig echoes from behind them.

And it wasn't Izzy this time.

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 22:37:02 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

"Sh, sh-" He waves his hand behind him. While Barnaby's tease would have been met with some grumpy quip usually, things felt weird. As the dogs gathered and the solo barker became a quartet, Izzy felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. Call it a hunch, his gut instinct, but something felt very wrong. Like they were being watched.[break][break]

From behind them, back where he'd shrugged his bag off and left it laid in the grass, came the second snapping twig - deeper in sound, indicative of a stronger step, a larger twig. Izzy barely gets time to attempt to turn and grab Barnaby before the great shadow of a beast descends upon them with EXTREMESPEED.[break][break]

Mama Arcanine doesn't even snarl or growl before diving in head-first - the babies are still so young she's in full protection mode. Izzy has a couple seconds to get a single syllable called out - "Bar--!" - before feeling the full force of 340 pounds slam against into him. Izzy feels a crack somewhere around his ribs, and is launched further hard into one of the nearby trees.[break][break]

As the Arcanine turns around to face Barnaby she growls low and angry, pulling her lips back in a snarl. Izzy groans, just faintly, leaning on the tree he smacked against to give him the support to stand back up and shakily take a step. He reaches for his belt and a white-hot flush of oh fuck washes over him.[break][break]

His pokémon are still in his backpack.[break][break]

He whispers, not wanting to encourage the Arcanine to turn her attention on him again.[break]
"Bee... the bag..."

notes.

mission - pkmn hunter

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 2:42:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He almost responded with another unnecessary retort, because there was no way Izzy was going to shush him and get away unscathed. Words on the tip of his tongue were cut short, however, by the damn snap of that twig. They both turned to face the noise.

Fuck.

Barnaby's face paled at the site of the hulking ARCANINE. He watched in horror - time having seemed to slow to a crawl - as its body collided with Izzy's, sending his partner flying backward into the trunk of a tree.

Fuck.

"IZZY!"

Adrenaline beginning to course through his veins, Barnaby lurched forward in an attempt to span the space between him and his now injured friend. Yes, friend, and not just another ROCKET grunt. The terror and unnerving concern for Izzy's safety was genuine - a revelation that Barnaby would assess later. For now, he had a giant murderous dog to contend with.

It sprang toward him with lightning speed; Barnaby was just barely able to dodge out of the way, reacting on basic instinct at this point. And instinct is certainly what drove his next action, because no sane person with time to strategize would likely do what he was about to do.

As the ARCANINE lunged past him, Barnaby's arms reached out and wrapped around the neck of the Pokémon. His body shifted with the momentum of the movement and, with all the strength he could muster, he attempted to stave off the dog's attack by holding its head in place.

Barnaby was literally trying to chokehold a Pokémon with 100+ lbs. on him. And it worked, surprisingly. For awhile. Until the ARCANINE's wild movements flung the man backwards.

FUCK.

The pain was instantaneous. Flesh meeting ground at a speed it wasn't supposed to. Barnaby could feel the cuts opening on his skin; the bruises that would soon begin to form.

Meanwhile, the momma dog was shaking out her coat, reorienting herself after being nearly choked out. That was when movement caught her eye again: the shorter of the two men rising from where he had fallen by the tree.

"I-Izzy..." Barnaby croaked, the wind having momentarily been knocked out of him. He attempted to stand, to run and put himself between the ARCANINE and Izzy, but he knew he'd be too late.

Just then, his hand suddenly hit something hard and metallic.

A Poké Ball.

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 17:53:10 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Whatever had crunched in his side and whatever had happened when he'd been slammed against that tree, Izzy wasn't going to lie down and revel in his own pain. He'd been in fights before - plenty of them having been with taller and stronger people - and he'd held his own. He could do this - no mama dog was winning over him today.[break][break]

His vision unblurs just enough to catch Barnaby wrapping his arms around a mama dog as tall as he is, just over half a foot taller than Izzy himself. What the hell was Barnaby doing? Izzy nearly runs over to intervene when Bee is also flung to the side, landing with a thud against the ground back where their stuff was. He shakes his head to re-centre himself, only for momma to come running back for round two.[break][break]

He balls his fists as everything swirls around him. Only someone who was fucking stupid would try and fist-fight an Arcanine with her puppies so close by, but Izzy supposed being stupid was one of his best traits. If Barnaby could just send out a pokémon - any pokémon, they could make it work. But until then... mano e mano, it seemed.[break][break]

The dog hit like a freight train, but Izzy was small and fast and dove out of the way just in time to avoid it's full weight slamming into him for the second time. He swung and hit the beast in it's snout, causing her to yelp and rear back. He might feel bad about punching her later, sure, but right now it was instinct and, honestly, kind of life-or-death. Arcanines weren't called "legendary pokémon" for nothing.[break][break]

There was a back and forth - her moving to avoid his swings, then leaping in, him jumping back to avoid her, and repeat. Occasionally one would get a hit on the other, followed by a yelp and growl or by Izzy cursing and groaning. Perhaps he was hurting, aching, and perhaps he couldn't see the blood stuck in his hair where he'd hit his head hard against the tree, but he couldn't feel a thing - adrenaline took over everything.[break][break]

But adrenaline could only last so long.[break][break]

He was tired, maybe, or trying to cut corners, not dodge far enough. She gets him in the side of his back with a great head-sized paw, throwing him completely off balance. While Izzy focuses on getting knocked to the floor, she takes her chance to really frighten him off, and sinks her teeth into his shoulder with a jaw so large it could easily fit his entire head in it.[break][break]

He cries out at that point, the adrenaline cut out by the sudden searing pain of the bite-marks left in his skin, the shock of agony from looking down and seeing his coat; the sweater and shirt beneath, and then indeed his skin, ripped and perforated from the Arcanine's great fangs.[break][break]

"Fuck-" He can't say much more while his mind is scrambled like this. He tries to push the creature away but the strength in his left arm is wracked with the stabbing sensation of being very hurt.[break][break]

Aware that he isn't fighting back quite as hard, she takes a few steps back and stares him down. Her wary eyes flick from Izzy to Barnaby and back to Izzy again. One more low, deep growl - a final warning. The pale mane around her head begins to smoke a little, and embers take root in the fur. One last FLARE BLITZ, one last leave my babies alone.[break][break]

"Barnaby, please--!" Is all he can manage, half bent over gripping his pained arm like a vice, and hopes his partner moves fast enough. Otherwise, he hopes Barnaby is kind enough to donate some money so he can at least have a nice funeral or something.

notes.

mission - pkmn hunter

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 18:25:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Barnaby, please--!"

God, the way his stomach dropped at the sound of Izzy's pleading voice. He could almost smell the blood in the air at this point, and it wasn't his own.

Do something. DO SOMETHING.

Barnaby scrambled up, fighting through his own pain, until his hands found purchase on both the Poké Ball that had rolled towards him and Izzy's ball-filled bag.

Next, two things happened almost simultaneously: (1) Barnaby released the Pokémon in his hand, revealing his RALTS and (2) he sprinted toward Izzy, scooping him up in his arms. He barely registered that the ARCANINE was winding up her final blow - all thought was on getting them out of this situation.

"Slateport! NOW!" Barnaby bellowed, his tone urgent and panicked. His RALTS obeyed without hesitation.

Within seconds the two were TELEPORTed away.
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 18:48:19 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Do something.[break][break]

If Izzy had any energy left, his brain would've been shouting that at him too, but it took everything he could just to stand up and face down the still-heating Arcanine in front of him, as the flames around her body began to grow and swirl.[break][break]

He closes his eyes.[break][break]

It's not the impact he expected - Izzy expects to feel the white-hot slam of the Arcanine against him before everything goes black, but instead he feels someone's hands on him, lifting him up, and then hears Barnaby's voice shouting Slateport.[break][break]

"Wha--- Barnaby...?" He cranes a little to look up at him, and through the jolt of psychic energy that drags them from the route to Slateport, the older man looks a little like sunshine itself.[break][break]

They land with a thud on the outskirts of the city, and Izzy whines just a little at the impact, even when in Barnaby's arms. Admittedly, he'd had worse, and he'd had worse alone, but it felt so nice - if not a little guilty - to be able to let someone else take the reigns. It was nice, for once, to be cared for.[break][break]

"Where... ugh-- my place isn't too far, I can probably make it home-"

notes.

mission - pkmn hunter

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 19:03:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Their arrival to Slateport was about as gracious as you'd expect: somehow Barnaby landed on his feet despite having a heavy bag over his shoulder and holding Izzy in his arms. That took all his strength, though.

It was probably still the adrenaline that was carrying him forward, honestly, but that wouldn't last long. They needed to get out of the streets, to regroup, and most importantly to check the severity of their injuries.

"Shut up, Izzy. Like hell I'd let you go back home alone."

Barnaby didn't even look down as he said it. He'd already begun speed-walking toward a nearby intersection.

"My place is just around the corner. We'll go there."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 0:45:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: