Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Concussions & Repercussions [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:30:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The adrenaline was gone now. What remained was exhausted anxiety, panicked thoughts. Blood on cloth, cold and sticking to the skin. Sweat and dirt and worry.

How long had it been? Since he had worried about someone besides himself. Barnaby couldn't even recall.

But that was over now, starting with the slam of his apartment door as he rushed inside. Although it was located in a rundown area of Slateport and the façade of the place looked like shit, the inside of his flat was actually decorated tastefully. It was modern, with high-end appliances and actual artwork. Was this the dwelling of a regular ROCKET grunt? It probably wouldn't seem like it to most.

Then again, most people would never be allowed inside here. But, desperate times and all that.

"We need to check your injuries. That fucking thing looked like it did a number on you." He said, carrying his partner further into the apartment. The image of Izzy being ravaged by the ARCANINE blossomed back into Barnaby's mind, making him grimace.

In fact, that was his entire countenance right now. Barnaby was in survival mode: no nonsense, succinct, practical. Gone was the teasing man Izzy was used to.

Carefully, he laid the smaller man down on his couch, making sure to prop him up with one of the throw pillows. Once Izzy was positioned, Barnaby would take a moment to finally look him over. His clothes were shredded to pieces, especially near the shoulder where the ARCANINE had gotten hold. Whatever the severity, Barnaby knew he needed to administer first aid right away.

"Take your shirt off."

A simple command, expected to be obeyed without rebuke.
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 14:48:53 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]
[attr="class","izrigidw"]

Everything ached.[break][break]

Now that the adrenaline had faded, the pain began to set in. Izzy could ignore it when the Arcanine was right in front of him, but now that the immediate danger was gone everything just hurt. Not surprising considering he'd been bitten and slammed into by a giant mama dog.[break][break]

Barnaby was carrying him - unneeded and embarrassing, but it was kind of him all the same. While Izzy's legs hadn't been affected, his ribs ached like nothing he'd felt before, and there was of course the issue of the bite to his shoulder. It wasn't as if he'd had a chunk ripped out of his neck or anything, but the puncture marks from her teeth stung like a bitch. It was nice to just relax into his partner's arms for a moment.[break][break]

He took a look around as he did so, trying to focus on anything but the throbbing, and was pretty easily distracted by just how nice it seemed in here. There was real furniture, painted walls, literal art on the walls in pretty frames. Barnaby lived in the same shitty part of town as him - how did his place look like this? "This is... seriously your place?" He said, only half-loud enough to be heard.[break][break]

He's laid down on the couch and then takes a moment to sit up - he's not dizzy or anything, but just the pain of moving is frustrating. He'd had to deal with situations not too far off from this before, after getting in some nasty fist-fights or whatever else Rocket had needed him to do, so no matter how caring Barnaby was being, it felt wrong to just lay around like a broken doll.[break][break]

Take your shirt off.[break][break]

It was funny how anxiety worked.[break][break]

Because Barnaby was right, wasn't he? Izzy would need his shirt off to check injuries - that's how he'd checked himself over before. But now Barnaby was here, right there, looking at him so intensely. And in Izzy's mind, that was something he just couldn't do - he didn't want the fellow Rocket to see him shirtless and think him pathetic. Think him small or weak. Think him ugly. Even if he was bleeding out, he would have hesitated. His hands move to the bottom of his shirt and ball around the fabric, he looks down.[break][break]

"N-no, we don't- it's all fine, you can see the bites there, right?"[break][break]

It would be funny if it wasn't sad, that he feels such fear at the idea of being seen by another person who might judge him and his body, compared to standing strong against a raging Arcanine.

[attr="class","izrigidtag"]

[attr="class","izrigidpokes"]

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 3:37:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Breathe.

All the fatigue and worry and pain were balling up in his gut, clouding his mind. His first impulse is to yell; to reprimand Izzy for being so blasé about this whole traumatic ordeal. But he held his tongue, just barely.

Breathe.

Barnaby let out a shaky breath, the anxieties of the day starting to flow out with every inhale and exhale. He knew Izzy was hurting, too - but there was something else.

Why did he hesitate? Why did he deflect, make light? Why did he avert his eyes when Barnaby just wanted to care for him?

The breathing helped. Barnaby's shoulders relaxed, his face softened.

He knelt down, one knee on the hardwood floor, and placed his large hands over Izzy's balled fists. Then, he'd look up into his partner's eyes, forcing contact despite the other's hesitation.

In his softest, kindest voice, Barnaby tried again.

"Trust me."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 15:09:55 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

As Barnaby took his hands and placed them over Izzy's fists, it was like being hit with lightning. For a split second he wanted to push him away, to storm to the door, to tell him to fuck off and then leave. He didn't like to be touched like this - like care and kindness. It always felt fake, like it'd be taken away as punishment. Izzy didn't like people having that control over him.[break][break]

But it also warmed his hands and made his fists unclench just a little, and it forced him to meet Barnaby's eyes where he could read sincerity.[break][break]

"But..."[break][break]

Trust me.[break][break]

In truth, he couldn't. Not yet. But he wanted to, and that was enough for him to soften his grip, to sigh. Breathe. Push the anxiety back down, like he'd been doing for the past twenty five years, let it bubble away quietly until he could release it at home.[break][break]

"Alright." He nearly says sorry but bites his tongue, wriggles his hands out of Barnaby's warm grip and shrugs off his coat. Izzy hesitates again for a moment and then pulls his shirt off. He can't quite look Bee in the eye, not right now, but he does look down to his own chest and groan. Bruises - both new from the Arcanine, and old from various shady missions and shake-downs - dot across his torso, and the dried blood around the bite marks on his shoulder look bad, but seem ultimately superficial. He got off lucky, it seems - nothing a good clean, a little rest and some painkillers wouldn't fix.[break][break]

"What a fucking fuss all this shit is." He grumbles. "...Sorry for worrying you. I mean-- if... if I did"

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 1:43:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby let his hands rest on Izzy's knees, right where they had been wriggled out of. However, they didn't remain there long; a fleeting touch for only as much time as it took for his partner to remove his clothing, revealing the injuries beneath. It took just a second or two for Barnaby to confirm - yes, Izzy was okay. Banged up, a little bloody, but the ARCANINE had not left a grievous wound. With a silent nod, the taller man got back to his feet.

He exited the room, only to return moments later with a standard first aid duffle bag. Setting the bag on the couch, Barnaby took a seat beside Izzy. He still hadn't said a word; his body seemed to be simply going through the motions. Unzip the duffle, pull out the necessary materials, prepare the gauze and ointment. It was robotic, almost.

His priority was cleaning the shoulder area, where teeth had met flesh and left it bleeding. Most of the blood had coagulated at this point, though, and luckily enough the injury looked worse than it actually was. A cloth was wetted down with sterile saline before being brought to Izzy's shoulder.

Silence hung in the air as Barnaby cleaned the puncture wounds. His movements were gentle, taking care to move at a slow and thorough pace. Little by little the dried blood was washed away. And still, he hadn't said a word. Until...

"... you did." Worry him, he meant.

Barnaby's eyes didn't stray from Izzy's injury, his hand never wavered, yet he continued.

"But that's alright."

A pause. Then a glance Izzy's way, looking for contact.

"I'm just glad you're safe."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 0:17:49 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

The silence is deafening. It makes Izzy shuffle in his seat a little, far-too-aware of the tiny little bugs of anxiety that crawled just below his skin. Had he done something wrong? Said something stupid? Was Barnaby suddenly realising that flirting with someone like Izzy was ridiculous? Not that he had even been flirting with him, since who would do something like that? Crashing waterfalls of stress roar in his head to take the place of all this quiet.[break][break]

He grits his teeth a little as the damp, sterile cloth is pressed against his shoulder. It stings, but it's not unbearable. He could have had much worse, considering the situation, and it was Bee he had to thank for that. Even now, he took so much care - the saline, the gentle press, the cleaning. Izzy, alone and at his own place, would have had a blisteringly hot shower and slept it off. He was doomed to get something infected someday, he was sure.[break][break]

Izzy watches Bee's hands move so delicately, so sure of themselves, like they'd done this a thousand times before. When he finally spoke to cut through the hush it was like a slap, Izzy almost startled after getting lost in the slow, deliberate cleaning motions.[break][break]

"I'm sorry... I should've been more alert. Saved you some stress"[break][break]

It was despicably soothing to think that Barnaby had worried about him. It was awful, too, but it did warm him just slightly to know that someone cared. They meet eyes, then, and that warmth spreads to Izzy's cheeks even despite the day's events.[break][break]

"Don't... don't say things like that"[break][break]

He doesn't look away. He'd be forgiven if he did - most people would be kind to someone acting nervous after a traumatic pokémon attack. But Izzy hated the feeling of weakness - he only had to glimpse his own shirtless torso from the corner of his eye to remember that. So small, so nothing. Despite it all, though, his eyes never waver from focusing on Bee's, pale blue on pale blue.[break][break]

"...I... I really don't understand you sometimes, Bee, y'know"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 0:50:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby's brows knitted together, his muted expression turning to one of concern. His hand stopped, leaving the wound alone for now. All attention was paid to Izzy.

"Why?" What was wrong with expressing the truth? Barnaby was glad Izzy was safe. He would have felt the same about any of his fellow grunts in a similar situation.

... but, was it truly the same feeling?

Hadn't his anxiety been heightened, his worry more obvious? His voice more panicked? His thoughts more frantic? Fuck...

You don't understand me?

That statement caught Barnaby offguard. For just a second, his concern morphed into confusion; this was fleeting, however, as he started shoring up his walls.

What passed through his lips next was short, but meaningful. Barnaby's tone was level as he pressed Izzy, asking calmly, "... Please explain."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 14:58:59 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Why? - He was right to ask, wasn't he? All he'd done is say he was glad he was safe. It cut Izzy deep, though, the kind of thing that didn't feel fair to joke about like that. His mind couldn't stop reiterating Barnaby's smiles and little laughs, his jokes about being Izzy's favourite person, about them spending time together. It had to all be a joke. It didn't seem fair of him to play with Izzy like that, to keep that game up even now. But...[break][break]

Was it a game? Izzy couldn't think at the best of times, but with the events of today his skull was pounding. He shakes his head a little.[break]
"It's just... like..." You don't actually mean it. He didn't want to say it out loud and sound mean. "I don't think you..."[break][break]

He trails off again and instead focuses on the next thing - Bee's split-second confusion at not being understood. That moment of broken façade caught Izzy off-guard and he mirrored the confusion, his own brow furrowing for a second.[break][break]

"You're just really nice, I guess"[break][break]

It came out all at once. And it was true, honestly, that was the confusing thing. Izzy hadn't experienced that kindness before, that care. There'd been playful ribbing in the past, and there'd even been flirting now and then. But to top everything off, Barnaby was just plain nice and it sat uncomfortably at the back of Izzy's mind all the time. Lonely nights alone spent thinking about him, and guilty mornings where he pushed those thoughts away once again.[break][break]

"I'm just not... I'm-- I don't..." He looks away, gaze flitting around the room for anything else to distract him. It doesn't work, and he finds his way back to Barnaby again.[break][break]

"I guess I'm just... not... used to it"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 1:39:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I guess I'm just... not... used to it."

He believed it. Izzy set the archetype for the self-isolated loner, deprived of meaningful attention at critical junctions in his life. Barnaby could commiserate... he reacted to the neglect by creating a façade, though. A mask that very, very few people ever saw removed.

The used cloth was discarded and another one prepared. Barnaby brought it to Izzy's shoulder, continuing to clean and debride the area. He had to be thorough; that ARCANINE probably had some nasty bacteria in its mouth that, if left to fester, would cause serious issues.

"I like you."

His hand moved back and fourth around the wounds, rhythmic, unhesitant.

"I'm nice to the people I like."

Pause. Then, another glance towards Izzy.

"That's how friendship works, right?"

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 2:18:19 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Izzy had a mask, too, in a few ways. He was hardened and serious, cruel, even, sometimes. People got on his bad side easily and stayed there for the rest of eternity, he never let anybody in, he never smiled. It was all things he'd gotten used to growing up in the streets of a big city where nobody cared to know your name. If he was going to be nothing but dirt and dust, something that didn't exist, he would at least strike back in the glinting light of the sun and catch fire.[break][break]

He had refused to let himself burn quietly.[break][break]

He paid for it now, though, sure. Twenty five years of raging against the dying light was a lot for one small man to handle, and like poison it seeped through his every interaction. And now, here he is, still so sick and unable to touch and trust. Someone like Barnaby had everything, to him - a smile and a laugh and a freedom of speech that allowed him to say ridiculous things that Izzy would think impossible.[break][break]

Ridiculous, impossible things like I like you.[break][break]

Izzy stares at him, head whipping around like lightning, like he'd just told him he'd gored Myszko with a crowbar or something.[break][break]

"You--?!" It was unfamiliar to the point of nausea.[break][break]

Barnaby glances towards him like it's nothing, just another day, just another sentence.[break][break]

"F-friendship..." Izzy lets the word sit on his tongue for a moment, tasting all of the sweet and the sour of it. He'd never had a friendship before, nothing more than his bond with his pokémon. In that way, it was nice to hear and to believe it for just a moment. It was also sickening, though - why did just friendship turn like a heavy knot in his gut?[break][break]

"I wouldn't know. I've never... y'know" It's the closest thing he's done to bare his soul. He doesn't hold Barnaby's gaze anymore - too red and shy to, and the stinging at his shoulder is a sweet enough distraction to focus on instead. He sucks in air through his teeth over a particularly painful spot. "I'm not the kind of person people are friends with. You don't have to... do all of this. For me, I-- I mean. I won't get pissy or anything if it was all just..." the last part comes out half-whispered. "...a joke"[break][break]

He feels a lump, golf-ball sized, take up the back of his throat, and his eyes blear just a little bit. The pain from Barnaby's damp pressing on the wounds at his neck, no doubt, bringing that faint unwelcome wetness to his eyes.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 2:50:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"It's not a joke." God, who hurt this kid? Barnaby had been lonely as a child, too, but at least he'd had material things to fill the void. Priviledge was a hell of salve.

"We've known each other awhile, been through enough. I consider you a friend."

Izzy's reactions were so peculiar, though. Barnaby took every expression, every stutter, every flushed cheek, every sideways glance into account. His hesitance and reluctance didn't seem to completely fit into the narrative of 'shy, new friend.'

And just like that, a lightbulb went off in Barnaby's head.

"Unless..." His face softened and a smirk tugged at his lips.

He reached for Izzy's chin, cradling it between his thumb and index finger. With a firm pull, he forced the smaller man to look him in the eye.

"... you want something more?"

Expecting an over-the-top response, Barnaby kept his grip tight on Izzy's face. He wouldn't allow him to run away this time.

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 19:14:26 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

They had known each other a while, it was true. Izzy didn't often get to know his fellow rockets - he kept that side of his life distinctly separate to the rest of it, and it was easy to just not talk to anyone beyond necessity as each day slid into the next. But Barnaby and Izzy, as the older man had said, had met more than a few times time, been through a decent amount together.[break][break]

Izzy thoughts drifted to Malutki, the orphaned Yamask, back at his apartment. The little one had taken to staying out of his pokéball and cuddling into warm places. Barnaby had been there for that, too. To anybody else, they really would be friends.[break][break]

He can look away when Barnaby speaks, but not for long. A hand takes his chin, soft but decidedly firm. Izzy breathes hard, forced to meet Bee's eyes by his solid grip. He begins to breathe hard and shaky, a ball of stress and worry and something else, heat creeping through his body; reddening his cheeks hot-pink and settling in the depth of his stomach like burning rubber. The sound creeps out before he's able to control it; just one short, embarrassing "Ah--"[break][break]

Something more. Something more. Something more.[break][break]

It echoes emptily around his head and slams against each internal surface, like shaking a jar of marbles. Something more, indeed. Izzy would deny until he was blue in the face that more that he'd thought about. The innocent, being able simply to share a smile with him, or the less-than-innocent, being pinned under his body in the heat of night. He'd be a liar if he said those thoughts hadn't kept him up more than a few nights, but Izzy had been a liar all his life, after all. It came as easy as heartbeats.[break][break]

"N-no, I, we-- that's not-- I-I never said that..." He tries to shake his head as if to shake off the dredges of anxiety that cling to him, to play back into his usual anger and bad temper, but with Barnaby holding his face so tight and still, he can't. In some attempt to save face, he plays half-heartedly through the script he usually runs when he wants someone to leave him alone.[break][break]

"You don't know me, you can... just... f-fuck..." It's hard to keep up when Barnaby's right there staring at him, with that smile that stretches across his face and eyes. Izzy says it so quietly, like he doesn't believe the threats he slings - he never was good at keeping his feelings hidden.[break][break]

"I... don't know what you're talking about!"[break][break]

In self defence, or maybe in submission to his desires, Izzy reaches for and grips Barnaby's side so hard his knuckles turn white, his fingers finding safety dug against the taller man's body.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 0:52:23 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"You didn't have to. Look at you," Barnaby ran his thumb along Izzy's jawline, enjoying the obvious influence he had over the other ROCKET grunt.

His voice was low and sultry, with just a hint of amusement lacing through his tone.

"I barely touch you and you're bright red." Half-lidded eyes admired Izzy's flustered expression, his stuttered and embarrassed responses.

A wicked smile spread across Barnaby's lips. Oh, he liked how this felt. Like a lion playing with a lamb.

Except that lamb had bite.

"Fuck-!" As Izzy's hand buried into him, pain spread from Barnaby's side and across his abdomen.

Anger flashed across his face and, on instinct, his free hand snapped to Izzy's wrist. Simultaneously, Barnaby pushed forward, pinning him to the back of the couch and holding him there. Nothing about the way he grabbed the smaller man was gentle or teasing.

Their eyes met, sparks of outrage flickering in Barnaby's. A tense moment passed... but it was soon over.

He signed, relaxing his grip. "It was just a suggestion, Izzy. No harm done."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 1:32:15 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

"N-no, that's not... I'm not..."[break][break]

Izzy feels heat across his entire body, like a fire deep within him is burning so hot it might swallow him whole. Here, held under the gaze of the predator, feeling like cornered prey. It was hot as fuck - and the fact that that was his first thought made him want to go feral. But...[break][break]

Did he grab him so hard on purpose? Was it really an attempt to get him off, some give-in to old instincts that don't want the experience of being touched, of being known? The lamb with bite, perhaps. But even still, Izzy startles when Barnaby does, as though he wasn't expecting it.[break][break]

What he really, truly wasn't expecting, though, was Barnaby's reaction. Anger, then, flashed like lightning across his fellow Rocket's face. In one swift, hard movement, Barnaby grabs his wrist and pins him roughly against the back of the couch, leaning so far into his body that they're all-but touching, that uncomfortable body heat pressing against the taller grunt. It wrenched his shoulder back - the unbit one, but still awkwardly connected to those likely-broken ribs, which causes Izzy to grit his teeth hard as he's pushed back.[break][break]

"B-Barnaby..." It's like a whimper. There was no teasing, now, no playful remarks or gentle half-touches specifically to wind him up. If anything was something more, it was this position they'd found themselves in now. His grip on Barnaby's side remains, but all the strength faded when his own wrist was grabbed - now Izzy's hand just rests, testingly, against Barnaby's side. They stare for what feels like an eternity. "Bee..."[break][break]

"...Please." It's not even a mewl, barely even a whisper, and by the time it slides out Barnaby seems to have moved on with a sigh and a gentle relaxing of the vice-grip on his wrist.[break][break]

Izzy doesn't relax when Barnaby's hand does, the whole thing is too embarrassing for all of that. He can't think straight when all he can see in front of him is... him. [break][break]

"...I'm sorry" He chokes it out like rusted parts, unused. In truth, Izzy can't remember the last time he's apologised to someone like this. "And, I..." He looks down for a moment, and snaps his head right back up as he processes exactly how his body has reacted to the situation. Washed over with embarrassment, he on-and-off meets eyes with, and avoids the gaze of, Barnaby. "T-that's not.. I didn't... l-look, Barnaby, don't..."[break][break]

He sighs, bites his lip.[break][break]

"Don't... tease me about this shit..."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 4:12:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
With Izzy so close, Barnaby could feel how the other's body reacted under his touch.

Fuck, this kid's in denial. He can say no all he wants, but... his body betrayed his true desire.

"... Please."

Warmth bloomed across Barnaby's entire physique in reaction to his partner's whispered plea. Shit. He hadn't expected Izzy to beg, but damn, it turned him on more than he thought it would.

With the smaller grunt's hand still gripped to his side, Barnaby's hips rocked forward, pressing near Izzy's crotch. It was a welcome sensation and one that, along with Izzy's final request, decided his next calculated action.

"Fine." He stated calmly, watching as Izzy descended more and more into a blubbering mess.

Barnaby leaned down and, with distinct finality to his voice, whispered,

"I'll stop teasing, then."

Within moments, his hand moved from cradling Izzy's chin to the back of the man's neck. Barnaby's touch was firm and deliberate as he pulled him closer, closing the few inches that kept them apart.

Their lips met for the first time.

But it wasn't the kiss of two impassioned sweethearts.

It was hard, and hungry, and primal.