Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 14:17:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby had been looking forward to this little event, and had prepared accordingly. His face was airbrushed and flawless, expertly primed and enhanced with foundation and blush. Not over-the-top, but enough to accentuate all his good features. The blonde wig he wore - as he did for all public appearances - had been brilliantly styled.

A pleasant excitement bubbled in Barnaby’s gut at the prospect of newly forged relationships. He always enjoyed meeting new people, for better or worse.

But the person who walked in was not new to Barnaby. It was a man from his covert, criminal life that was not supposed to be here.

Merde! What the hell? Why is IZZY here, of all people?

Barnaby’s expression gave none of this inner dialogue away; instead, his usual pleasant smile persisted even as he rose from his seat to greet the ROCKET grunt.

Welcome! Come, come.” He beckoned, figuring Izzy would be a little hesitant at first.

You’re my first partner of the day.” A statement made in an upbeat tone as he sat back down into his seat. “You can call me Finch. It’s a pleasure to meet you,...?

His forename was intentionally left out. Any connection to the Barnaby that Izzy knew would be smothered for the next 5 minutes, until their time together concluded.
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 14:40:32 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]
[attr="class","izrigidw"]

Izzy kind of wanted to throttle whoever had signed him up for this - , no doubt. She seemed the kind of evil genius who'd find pleasure in making him want to throw up at some awful, romantic function like this one. He hadn't even kissed anyone!, he thinks to himself, and then is violently reminded of the heated making out he'd shared with not too long ago. That shuts his thoughts up pretty quickly.[break][break]

He's greeted and as much as he wants to :pes_run:, he stands steady and forces himself not to frown. He doesn't smile, either, mind you, but not frowning is as good as one might get. The figure before him is a stranger, but familiar in a... weird way. Has this guy, like, served him in a shop before or something? It was that weird kind of "I've seen this guy before" that tugged at him, but Izzy shrugged it off. It was probably just anxiety making him overthink again.[break][break]

Izzy awkwardly follows him to the seat. "Right, yeah, uh-- same. I'm Izzy. Nice to... meet you too"[break][break]

Uggghhh. Why was this so dumb and stupid and hard!? And dumb?![break][break]

"Do you do this kinda thing a lot? I'm, uh... brand new." To what, speed dating? Romance? Talking to other human beings? All three!

[attr="class","izrigidtag"]

[attr="class","izrigidnotes"]

notes.

speed dating 1

[attr="class","izrigidpokes"]

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 16:16:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A lot? No, I wouldn’t say that.” He mused, smiling. “But it’s a great way to meet people you might not otherwise interact with.

Like you, for instance.

Speaking of… are you here for business or romance, Izzy?” This was an important distinction. And, truthfully, Barnaby was interested on a more personal level too. Was Izzy looking for love?

Flashes of their kiss crossed Barnaby’s mind, but he pushed the thoughts away. That was a different time, different situation, different people.
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 19:36:25 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Izzy takes the briefest of brief moments to drag his eyes over Finch's full body, taking in his outfit. This guy was really dressed nice, and made Izzy a little self-conscious about his old hoodie and jeans with rips in them. And they weren't even, like, fashion rips - they'd been one whole piece of fabric when he'd bought them. As a response to that thought he looks to the floor beside him, where Myszko chews absentmindedly on Izzy's shoelace.[break][break]

"Right... I don't do a whole lot of that, uh... meeting people" He trails off a little, looking back up at his, ugh, date.[break][break]

"Business? Fuck's that mean?" Izzy quickly clears his throat "I mean, uh-- what does... that mean? Like, are some guys here looking for people to sell shit to or something?"[break][break]

He didn't think too much about how his refusal of business meant that he was, by elimination, answering that he was here for romance. Instead, he tries to do what good dates do, or at least what he thought maybe, supposedly, perhaps good dates did? He really had little experience with this.[break][break]

"You... uh... look. Good. Y'know?"

notes.

speed dating 1

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 21:37:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Bright, genuine laughter filled the space between them. Barnaby just couldn’t help it. Even now, he found Izzy’s reactions and mannerisms to be so damn cute.

Perhaps networking would be the more appropriate term to use.” He replied, humor still evident in his tone. “Getting to know someone to better your business interests. It can be a very advantageous thing. Sometimes success is all about who you know.

At the smaller man’s compliment, Barnaby leaned back in his seat and crossed his left leg over his knee. “Why thank you. I do know.

For effect, he paused for a moment to let the hubris sink in. “Part of my job is looking good. I’m a broadcast journalist.

Blue eyes flicked to the grunt’s face, then down to his casual outfit. “What do you do for work, Izzy?

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 1:34:10 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

Izzy can't help but widen his eyes a little as his date for the moment begins to laugh. There's an immediate reaction of oh god, he's laughing at me, but the laugh felt genuine. He pushes the worry away and forces a little smile back, surprised at how easily it comes. Maybe he really did know this guy from elsewhere?[break][break]

"O-oh. Right, yeah, that... makes more sense" He internally facepalms at how obvious it seems, and how immature it makes his original answer seem. "I guess I'm mostly not here for business, then. Unless someone wants to hire me..." He trails off in thought at the idea - maybe someone's car broke down on the way here? A quick buck'd be nice to go home with![break][break]

Raising a brow at just how ridiculously self-confident Finch is, Izzy leans in a little onto his elbows on the table. "Oh, I'm a mechanic. I work on bikes and stuff, cars, sometimes a Magnemite or two. N-not three, though, that'd-- that'd be a Magneton... ha..."[break][break]

At his own... joke? Statement? Attempt at some cutesy wordplay? Whatever the fuck that ways, Izzy makes a face that suggests he's fighting off the instinct to douse himself in oil and light a match. Did he seriously just say that? Oh my god.[break][break]

"...Uh. What's your... favourite colour?"[break][break]

Holy shit.[break][break]

"Sorry. Fuck. Arceus... okay. Um- the journalist stuff! Broadcast, like on the news? That's probably why you look so... familiar."[break][break]

And this was just the first guy.

notes.

speed dating 1

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:03:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Not here for business, then.

Barnaby had figured as much, but hearing Izzy say it out loud hit a little different. Why was that?

Briefly he thought of the smaller man's injuries, for whatever reason. Are his ribs healed? He hasn't been wincing as much. That's good. Still, I should go visit him again soon.

Izzy's revelation pulled Barnaby back into the conversation - wait, he was a mechanic? That was new information, quickly tucked away in the recesses of his memory.

"I'll be sure to keep you in mind the next time I have car trouble." At his joke, Barnaby obliged with a small smirk.

From there on, however, things quickly unraveled. In classic Izzy fashion, the grunt began to spiral as his nerves got the better of him. Barnaby completely ignored the color question because, well, cringe.

To his final inquiry, though, he offered a simple response, "Yes, you may have seen me on the news or some other media. I keep myself busy on multiple platforms."

DING!

And just like that, their five minutes were up. Barnaby rose from his seat in preparation for the next rotation.

"Good luck in the coming rounds." A gentle hand was extended across the table - a friendly handshake goodbye.

"Adieu, Izzy."

Somehow, mercifully, Barnaby had gone unrecognized. For now.

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 14:26:57 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

"Uh, right, yeah, no worries, I can fix you up. Your car, that is--"[break][break]

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. Nervousness had gotten the better of him by miles, and it was embarrassing and aggravating - he hadn't even wanted to go to this stupid thing anyways. On the one hand, the night was young, and things might only get better, but on the other hand, this might be the high point of a night that only gets worse.[break][break]

Either this Finch guy was really good at acting chill, or he was used to the kind of awkward nervousness that Izzy exhibited, because he didn't seem to care too much. Izzy opens his mouth to say something else but is cut off by the bell signifying it was their time to move on to the next eligible bachelor.[break][break]

Izzy takes his hand hesitantly and gives it a solid, single shake. "Right... yeah, you too. Seeya 'round"[break]
Ugh. He sure hoped not. If luck was a kind force, it would make it so Izzy never met this guy again.[break][break]

Adieu, Izzy.[break][break]

As his partner turns and walks off, Izzy can't help but stare. His eyebrows knit into a frown. Adieu. It sounded so much like Bonjour Izzy and Izzy, mon chou. Kalosian, obviously, but there was something in the voice, in the accent, in the way it was said. It sounded familiar. Painfully so - not like someone from the TV.[break][break]

He shakes it off and goes to find the next person he's deigned to ruin the evening of.

notes.

speed dating 1

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ILL-FATED DECEPTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 2:39:37 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS