Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 4:07:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Oh, Luka! Good to see you." Adrian takes his seat unguardedly, finding himself at ease. Familiar faces are a welcome thing, especially when they both work in very similar fields. Not to mention she is exceptionally gifted as a coordinator—though whether she does much else, he has yet to find out as much. This is then the perfect opportunity to investigate and pry a little further.

"I hate to disappoint you, but I'm just here on business... Unless, you are too?" His interest was apparent.

Resting his elbows on the table he ignores the passing waiter carrying champagne this once, investing in the words Luka chooses to share with him.
ROUND 4
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 5:07:50 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh! Goodness, I didn't expect to see you here!"[break][break]
Truth be told, Luka has no idea what Adrian does outside of emceeing contests. It's probably better that way. But that doesn't come as much of a surprise— it's not like the two have ever hung out outside of a concert hall. This is a good opportunity to pick his brain a little![break][break]

"But gosh, I'm not disappointed at all! Actually, I'm here with my, um..." She gestures vaguely in 's direction, her expression shyly pleased. "Ahem! W-what I mean is, I'm all business. On that note..."[break][break]

A smile clings to glossy pink lips as she holds a hand across the table. "It's nice to get formally acquainted, Monsieur Malcolm!" Her Togepi, clinging to a juice box, chirps his apparent agreement. "But like, gosh! It's a little weird seeing you outside of a contest. Like when you see your teacher at the grocery store, you know?" She giggles. "Sorry, m-maybe that's not the best analogy...but, erm, you're here for business too then, right?"[break][break]
She's curious, but doesn't want to get too personal. It wouldn't do for her to be accused of buttering up the emcee before his next contest! "Do you mind me asking what kind of business you're here for?"

[break][break]

[break][break]Speed Date #4

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 5:26:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"That's a relief, then." Adrian didn't want to think of the gymnastics he'd have to go through to evade any accusations from Rowan. His eyes follow after Luka's gestures, and he takes the hint; she's here with someone else already. Thankfully they're both curious enough with questions that they don't linger overly on that awkward speed bump.

"Well, I used to make music, and I've been hoping to get back into that." Though that alone didn't make it entirely clear, his time as a vocalist and performer is what made him such a natural choice for a contest announcer. That said, the position hardly tapped into any of his passions or interests as much as he'd like.

"What about you? Anything beyond coordinating...?"

ROUND 4
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 6:27:29 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Music, really? That's so exciting!" Luka's hand flits awkwardly back to her side of the table and she uses it to prop up her chin instead, settling into a more comfortable position. "You should totally get back into it! You've definitely got the voice for it."[break][break]

Once again her Togepi trills and nods his little head. Does he know what they're talking about? Not really, but he's here to be supportive nonetheless.[break][break]

"I, um...well, I do a lot of office work," she explains with a soft laugh. "Nothing very exciting, I'm afraid! Public relations, that kind of thing." And of course, there's the POG advertisements that pop up around Hoenn, featuring her cutie face in a catgirl costume. But there's no need to bring that up.[break][break] "I-I don't know if I'd consider myself a proper coordinator though, really. It's more of a hobby...to be honest, I'd never done a contest before moving here.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 10:37:56 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Thanks for the compliment." Adrian takes the compliment, grasping at a glass of champagne with his name on it before it escapes his reach, taking the opportunity to indulge before setting the glass down and resuming the conversation in earnest.

"Really? Well, I guess I was wrong about that, then." She had the talent to make it work, but he knew personally that profiteering off a hobby generally killed any interest one had in it. Something about doing things for money ruined the nature of it. Perhaps money truly was the root of all evil. That struck a chord with him. "So you work in an office... Then, what brings you here? Job hunting, or...?"

Adrian's eyes narrow on Luka as he tries to make sense of it after his pronceptions fall away, flourishing a hand as if to point at the elephant in the room.
ROUND 4
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 6:27:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Ehhh, did you think I was doing it full time? I guess I should take that as a compliment! Thank you, Monsieur."[break][break]
Luka hums, pleased as punch, and takes a glass of offered champagne for herself. Perhaps not the standard fare for a business meeting...but this isn't exactly a conventional setup, is it? She grins.[break][break]
The thought of pursing the coordinator lifestyle has occurred to her before, but she's avoided it for the same reasons Adrian cites. Besides, she's not quite confident enough to thrust herself into the spotlight so fully.[break][break]
"Mhm! Work and a change of scenery." Luka keeps her explanation short and sweet— there's no need to go into much detail. "I'm afraid it's not a very interesting reason."[break][break]
Time is running out. She really hasn't gotten to know Adrian all that well, but perhaps this could be the start of a friendship outside their coordinating circles? She'd like that.[break][break] "Oh! But um...listen! If you do pick up your music again, please let me know! I'd love to hear it. And if you ever need any help promoting yourself, I'd be happy to help." She plucks a business card from her purse and hands it over with a wink.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 6:38:39 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Sure, I'll let you know." It would be nice to have people to share the good news with, once he had some anyways. Eyes flicking to an analog clock in the corner of the room, Adrian recognizes that time is tic, tic, ticking away.

"Hopefully you find what you're looking for. I'm gonna get a headstart on the table swap," he announced after raising a two finger salute in departure, turning his gaze towards the next empty table—the next new face.
ROUND 4
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 7:15:30 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh, um, sure!" Though a bit startled by the sudden departure, Luka doesn't make any fuss as Adrien gets up and salutes. In fact she responds just as cheerfully, returning the salute while Toffee gurgles and waves goodbye.[break][break]
"You too! I hope you have a great time, Monsieur! I'll see you during the next contest, I'm sure!" Perhaps next time, it'll even be as fellow competitors? What an exciting thought!
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MAKING AN APPEAL (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:34:54 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS