3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 17:41:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Still rattled from her last date being a complete bust (thanks ), Stormy has a sour sort of look on her face just in time for the next one. She had stepped outside for a minute or so to catch her breath and let her Charmander out for fresh air. When the buzzer goes off signalling the start of round two, Stormy heads back inside and curbs her frustration with a sweet tart.

The woman chews slowly and taps her fingers gently against the lip of her glass of water. Crumbs cling to the corner of her mouth that she is unaware of.

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 23:11:55 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]
[attr="class","izrigidw"]

Izzy was less stressed after his speed date with Derek - having a brief conversation with someone who acted normal was refreshing. As the bell declared another date was to be had, Izzy went towards this one with a little more hope and a little less soul-crushing anxiety.[break][break]

That lack of anxiety lasted maybe a couple seconds at best, right up until he saw his match. Had to be a joke, or a mix up, right? Had he fucked up, or had she? The emphasis being on she - Izzy'd been signed up to talk to talk to guys, right? Did think he liked girls? Oh god.[break][break]

He approaches quietly, like a kid who doesn't quite know if they're allowed to be here.[break][break]

"You're, uh- I think we're paired up...?" Much more a question than a statement - he's still not even sure he's talking to the right person, after all.

[attr="class","izrigidtag"]

[attr="class","izrigidnotes"]

notes.

speed dating 3

[attr="class","izrigidpokes"]

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 2:13:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy does a double-take, startled by the slow, quiet approach of the man in her peripheral. She sort of frowns, half-way between confusion and lingering irritation. But she attempts to relax-- this isn't the man from her last date who had blatantly insulted her and the League.

Frankly, she was probably overreacting in general. But whatever.

The man stutters and stumbles awkwardly over his words, apparently tongue-tied or.. confused. Yeah, he definitely looked confused. It makes her blink, glance down at her chest and pat away some free crumbs. All of a sudden she feels self-conscious and out of place. She fights the urge to glance over her shoulder and hope someone else is here instead of her.

"Uh--" she reaches across the table to the name tag facing away from her. She lifts it, flicks it so that it faces him, and raises a brow. "Is this your name? 'Izydor'? Cause yes, in that case, we are. You look awful confused, though. Something wrong?"

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 20:08:26 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

She frowns down at him and Izzy feels awkwardness tugging in his chest. As she clarifies his name to him, he sighs, then speaks up quickly to explain it. "Sorry, not that I'm disappointed or anything, you're... I dunno, probably really cool, and stuff. I just kinda wrote down guys only"[break][break]

He can't help but feel a blush creep across his cheeks a little at realising the bluntness with which he said it - something that he barely said to himself, even. Baby gay such that he was, Izzy cringed a little at being so explicitly men only.[break][break]

"It's whatever, probably just, uh, some fuck-up or whatever... so, uh... how's your evenin' been?"

notes.

speed dating 3

[newclass=.izrigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid b] color: #a9cacf; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #a9cacf; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #a9cacf; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a9cacf; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a9cacf; [/newclass]

[newclass=.izrigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #a9cacf; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 20:19:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
His honesty tickles her cheeks pink. Her eyes widen slightly and she eventually pulls her sour expression into a small smile.

"Then I suppose something is quite wrong. However-- I am pretty cool."

She rises to her feet and offers her hand. Beneath the table, her Charmander has taken hold of the table cloth and is presently eating it.

"My name is Stormy. It's nice to meet you, Izydor. Apologies for the mix-up."

With regard to his question, however, she shrugs and disregards the bitter taste in the back of her throat. It was silly in comparison to being placed in a speed dating event with the simple instruction you liked men, only to be placed with women. Could that mean the pickings were slim?

Or maybe he had written himself down as business. That could be.

"It's been fine! Say.. what do you do for work? This event isn't just for finding romance, you know. It's a good opportunity to find business partners and friends, too."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 20:54:43 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

While her Charmander chews the table cloth, Izzy's own fire-type finds his way to the undersize of the table and watches the other lizard with interest. It didn't take long before Myszko was taking his own teeth to another part of the cloth.[break][break]

He shakes her hand, briefly but politely, then returns the hand to his pocket and takes a seat. "Just Izzy's fine. Nice to meet you, Stormy"[break][break]

When she asks about his job, a little lightbulb goes off in his head - that was right, not everyone here today was here for love (or company for the night). Plenty of people, in fact, were here to share business cards and all that kinda shit. It almost relaxed him to think maybe there hadn't been some mix-up after all.[break][break]

"Ah, right, yeah! I'm a mechanic - kinda small time, but usually cheaper than the big places, if that makes a difference." He taps a finger restlessly on the tableside. "Cars, bikes, that kinda stuff. So if your car ever explodes or anything, y'know, hit up Slateport, yeah?"

notes.

speed dating 3

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 17:49:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy absently side-eyes the Charmander and second Pokemon while they chow down together on the table cloth. Babies, amirite?

They both take a seat and Stormy smooths down her dress while she makes herself comfortable at their table. But as quickly as they sit and discuss, the speed date starts ticking down to an end.

"Do you have a business card, Izzy? Maybe, if I ever need any mechanical help, I'll give you a call. I'm sure I have buddies with vehicles and such, too. I'll keep you in my pocket."

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 23:21:49 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","izrigid"]

"Business card, uh... that... huh, that would've been a good idea" He ponders for a moment, but the truth of the matter was that he really didn't intend to stay here as long as he had. Ceri had signed him up and he'd attended through the good old power of judgement and anxiety, but he really hadn't planned, like, a business card and stuff.[break][break]

He takes a napkin and writes his number on it, sliding it over the table towards Stormy. If anyone happened to have pointed out that it looked like he was giving her his number romantically, Izzy might have violently exploded, but considering it was about making money and fixing cars, his cheeks remained firmly un-blushed.[break][break]

The bell dings as the napkin bumps Stormy's fingers, and Izzy pushes the chair back and stands up.
"Uh- thanks for the offer, by the way. Every little helps, ya'know? Good luck on, er, dating and stuff. Have a good one"[break][break]

There's a polite nod, and he heads off. Maybe this time to actually find a dude! Wait, didn't he totally not want to be here? Eh. Might as well make the most of it.

notes.

speed dating 3

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,798 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sour tart [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:36:52 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS