1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Why Are There So Many Blondes Here? [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 23:00:29 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
So far, this whole speed dating thing had been pretty successful. Locke had expected to simple wallflower the entire gathering away again, but he’d actually managed to accrue a small collection of numbers, which he double and triple-checked on his phone.

Their next date soon took the seat across from them, and they lit up at the first somewhat familiar face of the night. ”Oh! You were at Calcifet’s Christmas party, weren’t you? How’s Kirlia treating you?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 2:24:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
While left their table in an irritated huff, saying such nasty things that she certainly couldn't mean, Barnaby moved onto his next date with his same unphased grin. As he approached, the person before him immediately perked up.

A moment of silent recollection passed before Barnaby's expression brightened, matching the younger man's energy. It didn't take him long to remember DELIBIRD DELIVIERIES' hardworking owner. Barnaby had patronized their business a few times, enough to match a face to a name.

"I was! Barnaby Finch, HNN journalist." He stated, just in case the postman had forgotten. It had been a few months since that liquor-fueled night with , after all. "It's nice to see you here, Mr. Jamison."

At their next question, Barnaby could only smile warmly, recalling the KIRLIA he had received as a Christmas present.

"Wonderfully! She is a treasure. Thank you again for gifting her to me."

He settled back into his chair, crossing one leg over the other.

"And your Delibird and Xatu? Putting them to work, I'm sure?"

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 18:47:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke nodded enthusiastically; Mr. Finch had seemed like the type to prefer pretty Pokémon like that. ”They were a big help with all the last-second deliveries!” He’d practically felt like a real-life Santa Claus with how late the Christmas Eve run had kept him.

”I didn’t know you worked for HNN though; any particular articles you’re proud of?”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 19:41:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I'm glad to hear that!" Barnaby said warmly, a hand resting on top of the Alolan NINETALES by his side. He stroked her absentmindedly as he pondered Locke's question.

"That I'm particularly proud of? Hmm, I put the best of me in all of my work..." Humility was obviously not Barnaby's strong suit.

"But I did write something fairly recently that I greatly enjoyed. I visited many of the festivals around Hoenn and described my experiences there." Leaning back in his chair, a wistful smile on his lips, Barnaby recalled his travels with ease. The festivals had all been delightful, even the one where he and had bumped into each other. The thought of her crumpled, weeping face still pained him from time to time.

"Just a small op-ed piece, but a fun one." He concluded, eyes flitting up to meet Locke's gaze.

"I'd be remiss not to ask, Mr. Jamison. Are you only here for business? I can't imagine you have much time for romance, but I am curious."

Barnaby took a moment to appraise the postman sitting before him. They looked young, certainly... but looks could be deceiving. Despite his age, he was good-looking in a sort of effortless, innocent way.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 19:57:50 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke made a mental note to look into the article later, considering how many of the region’s festivals he usually attended himself.

Koro-Koro sprung out of his trainer’s lap as the conversation finally turned to romance, and Locke struggled to keep the Woobat from causing a scene in his excitement. ”Ah, well, business mostly, if I’m honest. The person who’d helped me apply had said I’d meet more people if I signed up for both…” They blushed further, realizing how much that sounded like an outright rejection. ”Th-That’s not to say I’d be opposed though! But you’re right, my schedule’s usually pretty tight.”

With a final tug they managed to shove both their Pokémon and the topic to the side. ”What about you? Are you actually here for yourself, or is this just for another article?”

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 20:48:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby's eyebrows lifted in surprise as a WOOBAT sprang from Locke's lap. He hadn't even realized that the other had a Pokémon with them.

Typical of the journalist, he listened as the postman explained their position, and smiled devilishly as the other blushed. Pink looked nice on them.

"I'm glad to hear you're not opposed." He replied, purposefully forward.

"All of the above. I plan to cover the event, of course, but I've made a few business and romantic contacts so far." That damn devious grin widened a little more.

"Which one would you like to be?"

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 21:09:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
The image of Mr. Finch making out with returned to him.

”Ah, um, I-”

Locke jumped in his seat as the clock on the table suddenly beeped several times, announcing the end of their five minutes. There was some small amount of relief at being freed from his own awkwardness. Still, he felt a bit bad leaving without a proper answer.

”Uh, here.” Locke grabbed their phone from the table and pulled up their number. ”Let’s hang out again sometime! For, um, either/or?”

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 0:25:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Locke's stuttering reply stroked Barnaby's already large ego. God, they were cute, sitting there, crimson red and flustered.

"I would love that!" He responded, pulling out his own phone and creating a profile for the postman which was named: ' (DELIBIRD DELIVERIES)'.

And just like that, their short encounter was over. Barnaby rose from his seat and bid Locke a final farewell.

"I'll be in touch." He gave one last smile and a lingering look. "Until we meet again, Mr. Jamison."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:07:47 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS