Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 2:47:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

SEVEN PINES CABIN, PETALBURG WOODS

How long had it been since Barnaby had truly gotten away from the hustle of Mauville City life? From his work commitments and ROCKET assignments? When was the last time he'd take a moment for himself? To enjoy the company of someone whom filled his cup instead of taking from it?

Too long.

And so he'd invited the ever-lovely to a rented cabin in the woods, where they could bask in one another's company and enjoy the solitude and privacy the location afforded them.

They arrived at the cabin at the cusp of twilight, just as the sun was beginning to set below the tree-line. It was an immaculate piece of architecture, more grand lodge or chalet than humble cabin. Only the best to impress the ROCKET admin, whose expensive tastes rivaled - or more likely surpassed - Barnaby's own.

"Merde! That was a long drive. Care for a drink to loosen up?" An innocent question asked as they passed through the threshold of the building and into its open floorplan. Before them was a spacious living area, complete with an already-burning fireplace, and a chef's kitchen to their left.

mission: VACATION TIME

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 17:22:01 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Mars hadn’t expected the invitation, but of course, the surprise he felt when Barnaby mentioned it also hadn’t shown itself at all. He had smiled with the same charm and ease that was usual of him, and after checking his schedule to make sure he could clear the weekend, he had gladly agreed.
[break][break]
A cabin in the woods wasn’t exactly his definition of rest and relaxation, and if anything, above all else, the thought of it brought reminders of crazy winter days spent at his family’s chalet near Lake Acuity back when he was in university. But, that wasn’t a bad thing at all, and with it being just him and Barnaby, this trip came with much different implications…
[break][break]
”Look at you, reading my mind.” The question asked once they finally arrived at their destination was answered with nonchalance, amber gaze holding that of Barnaby for a few seconds before turning his attention to their surroundings. It was a nice place, well suited to his taste, and that in itself said a lot, for all too rarely did people understand what he wanted.
[break][break]
Are he and Barnaby really that similar?
[break][break]
”Nice cabin, way better than the last time someone invited me to stay in the woods.”
[break][break]
Better not to talk about that.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2022 4:33:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I think I'm starting to catch on to what you like after these last few months, Martín..." He commented with a wink and his usual Barnaby smirk, striding over to the large kitchen and stopping deliberately in front of a certain appliance.

"... for example." The door of the wine fridge was swung open, revealing a tantalizing spread of various white wines, chilled to an ideal temperature. Not stopping there, Barnaby also gestured to the cabinet above, which housed a generous selection of red wines as well as an assortment of liquors and mixers.

"What would you like? Mind, my sommelier services don't come cheap." He peeled off, an eyebrow raised, teasing per usual. Whatever Mars wanted he would be served.

"Now. Tell me about this last trip to the woods." Barnaby would ask, reclining into the couch, after they'd both gotten their first drink. He sipped on his rosé, looking at Mars expectantly.

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 3:33:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

"I think I'm starting to catch on to what you like after these last few months, Martín..."
[break][break]
Cheeky, but then again, Barnaby usually is. It’s one of the reasons Mars actually enjoys his company. That and many others that he could so very easily list. So, naturally, he plays along, engaging in this game they both have so expertly played together since the day they met back at Mauville Hill’s blooming gardens. He smirks at the memory.
[break][break]
”Is that so? Then maybe I should put your knowledge of my likes to the test...”
[break][break]
Starting with drinks, apparently. And Mars may be fond of wine, that much is true, but when it comes to his drink of choice, what he likes above all others…
[break][break]
Golden hues fall upon the liquor bottles and he approaches the cabinet, a hand finding its way to the small of Barnaby’s back as he reaches up for one particular bottle filled with a clear spirit. An eyebrow is raised when looking at the label, and as he turns to meet the journalist’s gaze once again, it's a slight yet pleased smile that illuminates his expression. ”Artisanal gin distilled in the Crown Tundra. Guess you really do know my taste.”
[break][break]
It’s likely that it’s no more than a coincidence, but Mars will always enjoy drinking gin straight… as long as it’s top shelf. Picky as ever.
[break][break]
Once drinks are served, they make their way to the couch, and although Mars sits next to Barnaby, he looks into his glass when the question is asked. ”My last trip?” Mars takes a sip, savouring the floral notes of the gin, and it’s only then that he chuckles, looking at Barnaby. ”Have you ever slept in a tent? Not exactly the greatest. Sure wouldn’t choose to do it again.”
[break][break]
Martín del Mar? Camping? Thanks, but no thanks.

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 20:13:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"A gin man?" He questioned, smirking, before taking a sip of his wine. "Why am I not surprised."

As Mars joined him on the couch, Barnaby glanced over, mildly interested to see what sort of story accompanied his trip explanation. Oddly enough, though, the admin looked down - uncharacteristic considering his usual polite eye contact. Hmm.

"I have, when needed. Definitely not my first choice of accommodation." Some assignments, in both his public and criminal pursuits, had called on him to slum it in a tent. Luckily these instances had been few and far between.

Leaning back into plush cushions, Barnaby raised one arm and draped it over the edge of the couch, closest to Mars.

"That's not a bad idea, though, Martín. Testing each other, I mean."

Whether the alcohol was already taking hold or due to Barnaby's inherently mischievous nature, he leaned in and suggested puckishly,

"Let's play a game."

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 1:45:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Some memories are bittersweet. Unwelcome, disliked, and yet, despite everything, still bearing remnants of the happiness with which those moments had once been filled. They’re not things Mars enjoys or cares for remembering, but when he searches within himself for the pang of pain that he expects, it’s not there. Sometimes a memory ends up being just a memory. Over it. As always, overcoming is Martín del Mar’s prerogative.
[break][break]
And why even think about things like those during moments that are supposed to be happy? They’re supposed to be here to relax, and so, he does: taking a sip from his glass before chuckling and also leaning back on the all too comfortable couch. ”Oh, trésor, who would be cruel enough to let you sleep on the cold hard ground? Poor thing.”
[break][break]
Teasing as ever, he smirks, amber hues meeting cobalt ones with a playful twinkle of mischief.
[break][break]
A game? That sounds exciting. What do you have in mind?”
[break][break]
How could he not play along and comply?
[break][break]
Especially when is the one who asks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:18:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
An eyebrow was raised in mock-offense.

"Rocket, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if the order came from your own pen, Monsieur Admin."

His smirk matched Mars' own, ever-teasing, as was their dynamic. Firelight cast the space in cozy half-shadows, which happened to highlight the mischievous glint in Barnaby's eyes as well.

At Mars' probing question, he took another sip of his wine and then scooted a little closer to his guest on the couch.

"A drinking game, of course. Two truths and a lie."

A party classic - except theirs was a party of two. Despite that, tonight was sure to be a riot.

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:38:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Me?!” The shock in Mars' voice is palpable and as exaggerated and overdramatised as it will ever be, that smile of his shifting into a Cheshire-like grin – playfully wicked. O cariño, if I wanted to torment you I’d do it in a way that’s much more enjoyable for me.”
[break][break]
And he winks, because of course he winks.
[break][break]
Yet, the moment Barnaby shifts closer, his whole attention falls on the journalist and his games, as if entranced by those cobalt eyes he has grown so used to looking into over the past few months. A drinking game. Two truths and a lie. How could he ever resist that?
[break][break]
”Alright, I’ll start us off with an easy one...” Which, of course, in Mars language translates to quite the opposite, and it’s after a short moment of swirling his gin in thought that his truths and lie are given while looking at Barnaby:
[break][break]
”My favourite colour is gold, I hate wearing suits, and I once dislocated my shoulder when swinging from a chandelier.”
[break][break]
Taking a sip short from his glass, his gaze remains fixed on the journalist.
[break][break]
One like, one dislike, one anecdote. A good enough start. Although perhaps a bit of a tricky one...

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 3:17:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Of course he winks, and of course it elicits a wide, dimpled smile that spans from cheek to cheek. had a knack for many things, but making Barnaby smile was one of his most natural abilities. It was easy and effortless, at least from the journalist's perspective.

To commemorate the start of their game Barnaby took a larger swig from his rosé glass, leaving the container sadly lacking in drink. It was a problem he would solve soon, though, after their first round.

Mars offered his trio of statements, all deceivably believable in Barnaby's mind. Cobalt eyes narrowed suspiciously, pursed lips a telltale sign of critical thinking.

His eyes are a deep, golden color. And gold certainly suits him. He wears enough gold for it to conceivably be his favorite color... truth.

Swinging from a chandelier, though?!
Barnaby's gaze shifted, looking away to imagine the scene in his mind. Yep, that tracks, actually. He's too much of a deviant in bed for that not to have bled out to other areas of his life at some point.

That left only one option.

"You look too good in a suit to hate wearing them, mon trésor. That has to be a lie."

A declaration made with absolute confidence. So confident, in fact, that Barnaby finished off his wine in celebration.

"My turn." Confidence gave way to devilish undertones.

"I'm a twin, I've never dyed my hair, and I was part of a nudist colony."

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 3:48:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

If Mars were privy to ’s thoughts, he would agree that his assumptions make sense. But, in the end, that’s all they are, assumptions – assumptions about a man who deceives the world for a living.
[break][break]
So, how right is Barnaby?
[break][break]
Deviously so, Mars smirks.
[break][break]
”Oh, but, mon trésor, you can look good in and pull off something you hate. They’re not what I’d wear every single day if it were my choice.” They remind him too much of his grandfather; of the suits he always wears, of how he would force him to dress formally for events when he was younger and criticise every single thing about his attires. They sometimes make Mars feel as if he’s becoming like him when he looks in the mirror, but thoughts like those are pushed aside in favour of listening to Barnaby’s own statements about himself.
[break][break]
A twin?
[break][break]
Mars quirks a brow, mind naturally going back to the manila folder he had glanced at back when he first found out about the journalist’s connections to Team Rocket. If true, it’s not something that stood out at the time. As for the other two…
[break][break]
”If you’re a twin then the world is blessed, though I’m sure not even someone identical could truly compare in beauty.” He smiles ever so effortlessly while holding Barnaby’s gaze. ”I think you may care too much about your hair to dye it, and while I know you to be terribly bold, I’m not sure you’d enjoy seeing everyone naked always. So, let’s go with the latter.”
[break][break]
Easy as that, for competitive as Mars may be, the real victory in playing a game like this with someone like is not in guessing the right answers – it’s in learning more about him.
[break][break]
It’s with that in mind that Mars sips his drink, savouring it as he thinks.
[break][break]
”I own an art gallery, I’m an excellent salsa dancer, and my first pokémon was an Eevee.” Simple enough, right? Although, before letting Barnaby respond, he adds something more:
[break][break]
Seafoam green, by the way. I like gold, but I love seafoam green.”
[break][break]
After all, to every good lie there’s a little bit of truth.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 3:59:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
That oh-so confident cocky grin immediately deflated upon hearing Mars' response. Eyebrows furrowed, lips pouted.

"Seafoam green, hm?" The hue of a sun-flooded ocean. A calming day at sea, the tide leisurely ebbing and flowing. A saltwater sabbatical. Just the thought of Mars' favorite color tempered Barnaby's disappoint at losing the first round.

"A beautiful color for a beautiful man." Barnaby conceded with a smile, shaking his head as he unseated himself and ventured over to the liquor cabinet.

It was time for something stronger. But what? The possibilities were nearly endless. Eventually, though, he settled on an old tried and true: cognac. Barnaby plucked a tulip glass from a nearby cabinet, poured himself a generous drink, and made sure to bring both the cognac and gin bottles back with him to the couch.

"I'll drink to my loss," He stated, sipping the dark liquor. "But I'm not the only one. Drink up, mon trésor."

He reclined back into his seat, shifting so that they were both facing one another again. "Bare Oaks Beach, up near Azure Bay. Just for a weekend though, on a dare." The grin on Barnaby's lips as he confessed was both cheeky and nostalgic. Back in his college days there wasn't much he wouldn't do if someone dared him.

Contemplating his next choices, Barnaby reasoned accordingly, "You are extremely wealthy and have impeccable taste, Martín, not to mention that poetic tongue of yours. I can see you owning an art gallery." He paused, a hint of pink starting to blossom on his cheeks. "I've yet to see your dance moves, Mr. del Mar, but salsa seems fairly sensual... if you're half as talented on the dance floor as you are in bed, then I'd believe it."

That leaves...

"Eevee is too mainstream of a choice for your first Pokémon. Lie."

Another sip of cognac, although that previous confidence was noticeably absent.

"My favorite color is eggshell blue. I have to sleep with a nightlight on. English is not my first language."

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 4:53:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The initial disappointment that comes with being told he had been, in fact, wrong is immediately replaced by laughter when learning that had been a nudist for a weekend. It’s an amusing thought, and so it’s as Mars reaches for the gin bottle that he flashes a grin at the journalist.
[break][break]
”Fair enough, I’ll drink. Although that sounds more like you took a vacation at a nudist colony.” Details. But, details are important, aren’t they? Details are what games like these are about. Like the fact that Barnaby had apparently also once loved dares as much as Mars’ own foolish and competitive younger self had. ”So, which one was the lie, then? Spill.”
[break][break]
With his glass topped off, Mars drinks, a smirk tugging at his lips when hearing Barnaby call Eevee “too mainstream of a choice for your first Pokémon.” Before saying anything, he reaches into his pocket, retrieving a minimised Cherish Ball quite different from the Luxury Balls that are his signature choice. ”She was a gift from someone I loved. An egg on my eighteenth birthday. I hatched her and raised her... and she was the first pokémon I ever called my own.”
[break][break]
A click and she appears, elegant as ever. A Glaceon that flicks her pointed ears before looking at with eyes as if made of aquamarines.
[break][break]
”Why do you delay, O divine Sophokles, [break]
to accept the gifts of Melpomene? [break]
Why do you fix your eyes upon the ground? [break]
Since I for one do not know whether it is [break]
because you are now collecting your thoughts, [break]
or because you are awe-stricken [break]
at the presence of the goddess. [break]
But, be of good heart, good sir, and accept her gifts; [break]
for the gifts of the gods are not to be rejected.”
[break]

[break]
Mars recites and he smiles, the quote from the all too familiar Imagines easily coming to mind. And, once he’s done, he signals for the Glaceon, and the pokémon gracefully jumps onto the couch to sit next to him. ”Melpomene. Muse of music, song, and tragedies. Mel for short, obviously.”
[break][break]
One of the only pokémon Mars truly adores, but that in itself shows in the way he treats her and he doesn’t need to say so. Nor does he need to share the full story of why Melpomene matters so much to him.
[break][break]
Nightlight, by the way. I can’t imagine someone who works in the shadows to be afraid of the dark… Also, a man named ‘Finch’ who loves the colour of robin eggs? Adorable. It is, but then again, that can often be said about Barnaby. Once more, he sips his drink. "Now, how about this... My favourite season is spring, I can speak perfect Latin, and I once learned to play guitar just for the sake of serenading someone."

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 20:42:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Another loss. With a groan, Barnaby took a swig of his drink.

"Having a twin, of course. You're right; I'm not sure the world could handle two of me." A vain statement, said only half-jokingly, before he grew quiet to listen to his friend's explanation.

How did Mars retain so many beautiful poems inside his head? Without so much as batting an eye, he began reciting verses that made Barnaby's jaw drop ever so slightly. Words of men and gifts and goddesses.

Spoken from the mouth of a man with the body of a god. Oop, perhaps the alcohol was tainting his thoughts.

"What a treasure. Not mainstream at all, are you, Mel?" Barnaby asked sincerely, extending a hand to be sniffed by the elegant GLACEON. If she allowed, he would tenderly stroke the top of her head.

"Nothing wrong with an Eevee, though. They make wonderful companions." Returning his hand, Barnaby extracted a Premier Ball from within his pocket, releasing one of his favorite Pokémon: a diminutive EEVEE, much smaller than the species standard.

"Pepin here has proven himself to be quite the asset. Haven't you, mon chou?" The tiny beast squeaked his approval, nimbly jumping into Barnaby's lap... that was, until, Mel caught his eye. With a little excited butt wiggle, Pepin leaned forward and play-bowed toward the GLACEON.

"What was the lie, then? Art gallery?" He hoped, anyway. The thought of Mars salsa dancing was just too enticing to not be true. Speaking of truths...

"Damn! You're right. I like to sleep in pitch-black darkness. Nightlights are a no-go." Another heavy sip for his loss. Perhaps he'd fare better in the next round.

"Latin. I believe you can probably speak it," Given Mars' penchant for the classics. "But perfectly? I'm not too sure about that." Details, details.

"I did my graduate studies in Galar. I broke my wrist as a child. Finch is not my real last name."

gracidea #1

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:56:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

It’s calmly and with caution that Melpomene takes in Barnaby’s scent, as if to make sure he’s not a danger to them. Then, and only then, she lightly bumps her gelid nose against his hand, allowing him to pet her for a few seconds before her attention is drawn towards his Eevee.
[break][break]
Pepin, hm? Adorable, but that’d make sense. They often do say pokémon take after their trainers, don’t they?” A compliment so easily spoken while looking into eyes of a gorgeous cobalt colour, a smile tugging at his lips just as the Glaceon reaches down to boop the small Eevee with her paw – ever calm and elegant.
[break][break]
”It would seem you’ll be drinking again. Don’t worry, mon trésor, I’ll drink in solidarity.” There’s a wink, teasing despite the fact that he has only had a single actual victory by now, but of course, to Mars, every single victory counts.
[break][break]
And speaking of victories, it’s after taking a long sip from his glass that Latin verses are recited as he looks into Barnaby’s eyes:
[break][break]
”Musa, mihi causas memora, quo numine laeso,[break]
quidve dolens, regina deum tot volvere casus[break]
insignem pietate virum, tot adire labores[break]
impulerit. Tantaene animis caelestibus irae?”

[break]
How does he remember so many verses? The answer is easy, although one that perhaps would not expect. But, it’s not the reason as to why the Kalosian is wrong in the statement he chose:
[break][break]
”As perfect as it can get, considering it’s a dead language and we don’t really know how it’s pronounced… Call it one of the few benefits of the annoying tutors I had as a child.” Despite having won, he also raises his glass. Wrist. They all seem entirely possible, but I don’t like the idea of seeing you in pain.”
[break][break]
Admittedly, he’s being honest, just like how there’s honesty in part of the statements he speaks a moment later:
[break][break]
”I used to dislike equines, I once broke into a vineyard and got drunk, and I’m actually a terrible singer.”
[break][break]
On the topic of truths and lies…
[break][break]
”Yes, it was the art gallery, by the way. I should take you dancing sometime.”
[break][break]
The idea makes him smile. It would be fun.

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
CABIN FEVER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:52:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As time passed, Barnaby could feel his cheeks redden, his body become warm to the touch. So warm, in fact, that he removed his light jacket and unfastened not one, not two, but the first three buttons of his shirt. The removal of layers was a cooling reprieve, which also left quite a bit of his chest exposed.

"Ever the flatterer. If I was a more humble man I'd tell you to stop." Another sip, a deep swig for emphasis. "But I'm not! I love it when you give me compliments." He gave a little laugh, bright and drunkenly cheerful. "They make me happy~"

Meanwhile, Pepin's tiny snout was booped, causing a chain reaction of squeaks and joyful purrs. He hopped across the small space between him and Mel and flopped beside her, looking up at the GLACEON with adoring eyes. Smitten, the little rascal.

A feeling that was currently fading toward , as Barnaby's losing streak continued.

"Merde, Martín, am I making these too easy for you? You can speak perfect Latin? Seriously?"

A hand reached out, not-so gently feeling along the admin's forearm. "Sorry, I just needed to check that you weren't made out of marble. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if you were a Roman statue brought to life."

Barnaby narrowed his eyes and threw Mars a faux-pointed look, but it was all in fun. After another mouthful of bourbon his expression lightened and he continued with the game.

"You're right. It was a rib, not a wrist. Fell off a particularly nasty Rapidash when I was a teenager." Admittedly, he was definitely fucking around when he shouldn't have been and put himself in that dangerous situation without thinking.

"Okay, okay — I'm definitely getting the next one. Equines. For sure. No contest." The next sip of his drink was a vote of confidence in himself. "You definitely have that no-fucks-given attitude, so I can see you breaking into a damn vineyard. And your voice..."

All those beautiful verses and lines of poetry were swirling in Barnaby's mind, fading in and out and causing him to lose focus for a moment. "... is gorgeous. I bet you're a lovely singer."

Just then, a devious little idea bubbled through the thickness of Barnaby's thoughts. "How about this? I'll go dancing with you if you sing to me?" It was proffered like a compromise, but actually Barnaby really enjoyed dancing as well. He'd been taught more formal dances, but was able to pick up moves fairly easily.

"I was a national swim champion in secondary school. I prefer tea over coffee. My first kiss was with a girl named Jacqueline Tremblay."

gracidea #1