TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
To The Elysian Fields [C]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 19:55:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Sweet. It may not be what most people know to be, but undoubtedly so, it’s what he is to Mars. Perhaps what he has been from the very beginning; even back when they met at that garden that isn’t at all far from the place where they now are. It had been sweetly that he had shown affection to Mars’ favourite Persian, kindness expressed in such a simple gesture. Sweetly he had responded to the Rocket admin’s own poetic words when lying in bed together at sea, claiming to be in an earthly paradise. He held him in his arms once, and Barnaby had blushed in a sweet manner that will perhaps never leave Mars’ mind…
[break][break]
All those things and more are the things he thinks of when looking at him; the memories that arise while listening to everything Barnaby claims to like about him.
[break][break]
Mars had expected a simple answer, but as it would seem, apparently things are rarely simple between the two of them, and it leaves him to wonder if this is the way things are now or if it’s how they always were and he simply didn’t realise it until this moment.
[break][break]
”Barnaby…” So sweet, so kind, so very caring. If he truly knew , if he truly understood everything about the man he so lovingly holds in his arms, would he still claim to admire him, be confident in him, and offer to help him if he ever needs it?
[break][break]
It’s saddening, because Mars knows both likely answers to this. Because he has been here before. Because when he looks at those beautiful cobalt eyes from where he is and reaches up to softly caress Barnaby’s cheek, a question he only asked once before is whispered in his mind – the memory perfectly preserved for eternity.
[break][break]
”If I told you about the darkness inside me,[break]
would you still look at me like I’m the sun?”

[break]
She had smiled. She had always loved him. She had seen the worst of him, and even then, she had still looked at him as if he were the sun itself. And, as if Icarus in all of his heliophilia, it had been her undoing, and she had perished for adoring something that was never meant to be loved so deeply.
[break][break]
”I loved you like Icarus loved the sun,[break]
too close and too much.”

[break]
She had deserved so much more than that. deserves so much more than that. But, selfishly, despite the melancholy in the way he smiles, every word spoken ever since those elevator doors opened, every action taken, every moment shared in this painful night, brings alleviation to the heart of . Hope. Joy. Gratitude.
[break][break]
”...It seems I was right in what I said back then.” It’s a quiet chuckle that escapes his lips, and in his smile, as he looks at Barnaby, there’s something warm and gentle – as if first sunlight after rainfall. ”You truly are elysian, and so is every moment I spend by your side.”
[break][break]
E·LY·SIAN[break]
(adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely [break]
inspired; peaceful or perfect.

[break][break]
”I’ve never met anyone quite like you, Barnaby. Thank you.”
[break][break]
No empty compliments, only words spoken from the bottom of his heart.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 16:18:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Was it some intrinsic sweetness that had motivated him tonight?

At first, when those elevator doors opened and Mars' bloodied body lay crumpled on the floor, it was shock and adrenaline that had fueled him forward. Then, as the admin hollowly recalled Azelf and his brush with death, a sense of duty and protectiveness toward a friend.

By Barnaby's estimation he himself was a vain, self-centered, and self-serving man; all traits he accepted without rebuke, as they'd gotten him far in life. Kindness, therefore, had never been something that was given without expectation of a return on investment.

So why, then, did he so enjoy this sweet embrace with , instigated for the simple sake of comfortable intimacy? With the only thought behind it being to show care and give reassurance?

"You truly are elysian, and so is every moment I spend by your side.”

Ah. There it is, paired with a soft caress to Barnaby's cheek. Perhaps because Mars was able to evoke within him whispers of feelings he'd never truly felt before. It was a terrifying, addicting thing. As if to solidify this realization, Barnaby leaned into the touch, his lips imparting a gentle kiss to the palm of the admin's hand.

"I feel the same way about you, too, Martín." Truly. was a man who stood head and shoulders above the rest. An enigma among the rabble. A kindhearted soul within the darkness of reality.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 15:44:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Come morning, there may be regrets. He may wonder why he allowed himself to do all of this, be furious at himself, and never wish to speak of it again. Being vulnerable has never been Mars’ forte. He has never wished for it, he has always hidden away all of the worst parts of himself, and the world has been left blind to his true weaknesses – distracted by a carefully constructed facade.
[break][break]
On this night, that facade shattered and witnessed what lies beneath. On this night, Mars found himself at his lowest point in years; vulnerable, defeated, hesitant, and fearful of death. And yet, even if Barnaby has seen all of this, even if he has been exposed to some of the things Mars hates the most about himself, he’s still here holding him.
[break][break]
Why?
[break][break]
Does he actually believe everything he claimed to like about him? Does he truly wish to remain by his side despite everything?
[break][break]
Elysium is the paradise to which those the gods deem worthy are sent to spend eternity, and silly as the thought may be, right here and now, as Mars looks into those eyes that bring him reminders of his beloved summer seas, he feels as if he has found it. His Elysian Fields. A place where he can be at peace. With .
[break][break]
”I’m glad.” So glad. Glad in a way that words can’t really express. A feeling so deep and so true that it comes with an ache. It’s not a bad feeling. If anything, against all odds and without considering what that feeling may actually represent, Mars finds himself thinking that he could get used to feelings like those – that he would like to remain at this elysian place. ”I’m really glad we met, Barnaby.”
[break][break]
His voice is but a whisper, quiet and exhausted, worn out, as if finally feeling like he can rest after everything that has happened. Is that silly too? That being here, next to Barnaby, makes him feel safe and comfortable?
[break][break]
Perhaps it is, perhaps it’s a mistake, perhaps come morning Mars will truly find himself to be full of regret. But, for now, as Mars closes his eyes in this moonlit room that is not his, he feels content, and a faint smile remains at his lips even once his consciousness fades and he slips into slumber. So content, so comfortable, so safe, that for once the horrors that haunt his nights and steal away his sleep stay at bay – as if dissuaded by Barnaby’s presence.
[break][break]
There is no place for Epiales in these Elysian Fields.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 0:34:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: