Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Where the Rosebuds Flourish [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 18:29:00 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]A Puckish Encounter

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Clear blue skies and not a flicker of a distortion in sight. [break][break]

Elisabeth ceased in her humming and sighed in relief at the fine weather, the wicker basket in her hands swaying as she walked deeper into the Petalburg Woods. Her Vivillon, Petunia, hovered about the basket eagerly, but Elisabeth let out a soft 'tsk' of disapproval. A single finger was raised as the florist shook her head no, her blonde braid shifting with the movement.[break][break]

"Now, now, Petal," Elisabeth chided her eager Vivillon, "we aren't there yet."[break][break]

The butterfly Pokemon arced about her mistress with a little pout, while to her right a far more uptight and prissy Roselia sniffed with faint disdain at Petunia's unbecoming, childish behavior. In Primrose's flowery arms, a checkered picnic blanket was folded with all the grace of royal regalia, and held with all the dignity such a lofty item merited. Rounding out the little group was Elisabeth's cheerful Bellossom, Daffodil, who danced with her every step into the clearing. [break][break]

Normally, Elisabeth didn't go this far into Petalburg Woods in her strolls, but today was a bit different. She had closed her flower shop early for a midday picnic to celebrate the success of her Sweetheart Sale promotion with her three most hardworking Pokemon: Petunia, Primrose, and Daffodil. Sometimes tourists liked to vacation this far inland, but to Elisabeth's limited knowledge, it was presently off-season and the odds of her encountering anyone where slim.[break][break]

And more importantly, this section of the woods was positively lovely.[break][break]

The trickling sound of a babbling brook underscored a pleasant silence as Elisabeth placed her little basket down, taking the blanket to allow it to flutter, gently, to the ground. [break][break]

"I have all your favorites," Elisabeth said warmly as the Pokemon gathered close. "Poppyseed muffins for you, Petal. And of course honey tarts for Daffodil." Elisabeth laughed as the Vivillon and Bellossom each snatched their treats with delight as her Roselia glowered, arms crossed in disapproval. [break][break]

"Oh Prim, don't look so glum, you know very well that I have your special gift here too," she said, grinning as she handed her a flute of sugar water and a dainty cup of the finest Kalosian soil that Elisabeth could order from abroad.[break][break]

For Elisabeth herself, she had brought a simple ham and cheese sandwich cut into four triangles, but she placed it to the side for a moment as she removed her sandals to dangle her bare feet in the water. Leaning back to look up at the sky full of sunshine, she allowed herself a moment's respite to smile as she hummed to herself, thinking back at the success of the past few months.[break][break]

The season had already begun to change, and for good or ill Elisabeth had already changed with it. At least here, in this place, she could enjoy a moment to herself, away from all the chaos in Hoenn that had brought about those changes.[break][break]

Or so she thought.

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 7:25:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Come along, loves."

Although Barnaby encouraged his two NINETALES along, they truly needed no goading. The pair loved any opportunity to stretch their legs and get outside the hubbub of Mauville City, where these excursions were usually limited to urban parks.

Here, in the pristine wilderness of Petalburg Woods, they could grasp at the illusive memory of being truly wild once again. Their footfalls were deft and deliberate as they navigated the small trail ahead of them, casting very little noise into the surrounding woods. The goal today was to enjoy nature, not disturb it.

Even as they crested a hill and the path took a turn, careening along a steep embankment at the bottom of which was a round, open meadow, still the group remained relatively silent. Thick stands of trees obscured Barnaby's view, which wasn't an issue until the voice of... someone came to him, carried on the wind.

Stepping closer to the edge of the drop-off, Barnaby peered downward and saw... none other than herself, sitting quaintly by a stream, enjoying the mid-afternoon weather with her Pokémon.

Instead of immediately calling out, something inside Barnaby made him pause. Was it the way she so jovially catered to her Pokémon? The carefree smile upon her lips? The look of undisturbed bliss on her face as she hummed, glancing skyward to the rolling clouds above?

Leaning back against the trunk of a tree, he observed her for awhile. This was not an Elisa he had ever seen before. Which, he realized, he'd thought to himself quite often during their last few encounters.

How many layers did this woman have to her?

Finally, Barnaby felt pressed enough to announce his presence from on high. With a booming, amused timbre he yelled out, "Enjoying your picnic, Elisa?"
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 10:40:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

How many faces were there to Elisabeth Fiorelli, indeed?[break][break]

It was a question she, herself, didn't know how to answer. Pretense was never Elisabeth's intention, at least. A tree's leaves turned golden in autumn and fell to rot and decay in winter, but a tree was still nonetheless a tree, whether or not it was spring and flowering.[break][break]

Peculiarly, strangely, Elisabeth herself was most often sincere -- in her civilian life, and her Rocket life alike -- only choosing to keep some things to herself in certain company. With her Pokemon, however, there was no need for a guard defending the softness at her centre. They deserved her warmth, and so they received it in its entirety.[break][break]

"Enjoying your picnic, Elisa?"[break][break]

Unlike a certain , who remained bereft of it.[break][break]

Elisabeth immediately snapped her head around, her blue eyes looking up at Bee incredulously as he was flanked by his Ninetales. "Bee," she replied flatly, the carefree expression vanishing from her features. "Let me guess. Is there another tree in distress, and only I can save it? Or perhaps you merely have nothing better to do than to interrupt me on my time off?"[break][break]

How swift was the transition from dryad to Medusa. Had he seen her singing to her Pokemon, then? Fussing over them? Normally it would hardly matter, but a man like Bee could find ammunition in even the slightest observations. And who knew how long he had been observing her?[break][break]

Curiosity and manners alike both compelled her to speak: "If you are here and have no intention of leaving, then you might as well join us. I cannot promise there is enough food to go around, however."[break][break]

By now she knew better than to think he'd just fly away if she asked.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 1:47:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Or perhaps you merely have nothing better to do than to interrupt me on my time off?"

The cheek on this one. On every encounter she played the part of reluctant, simmering beauty so well. But Barnaby knew better than to take at face value.

"Simple serendipity, my Lady. We're fated, you and I." He laughed then, bright and echoing into the meadow below.

At her invitation, however, he retrieved a capsule from his pocket, releasing a RALTS that was sure to be familiar to her. With a simple command Barnaby was Teleported exactly where he needed to be: beside Elisa's checkered picnic blanket and her accompanying Pokémon. The RALTS was returned to it's ball, while both Sybille and Odette deftly picked their way down the embankment. Soon enough, the girls were once again by his side.

"Your kindness knows no bounds. Thank you for the invitation."

With that, he unceremoniously reclined beside her, a wry smile on his lips. The foxes followed, intrigued by the woman so close to their master. Cold noses sniffed at her clothes, her hair, her feminine hands. Barnaby looked on, enjoying the view, both in front and around him.

"Quite the beautiful spot you've picked out for yourself, Elisa."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:20:43 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

Calm and unbothered, Bee's ease of manner somehow unmoored Elisabeth more than his initial appearance had. It was as if Elisabeth had readied a weapon, only to learn her opponent was not only unarmed, but also uninterested in sparring.[break][break]

"Simple serendipity, my Lady. We're fated, you and I."[break][break]

The man's sudden manifestation at her side caused her to flinch ever so slightly, mere inches as he was away from where Elisabeth sat next to the stream. As he laid back, however, Elisabeth felt the stiff hunch leave her shoulders, and the tension fade from her facial features.[break][break]

Was this the first time Elisabeth had ever relaxed with Bee like this?[break][break]

In the slums of Slateport, their mutual task was clear: to safeguard Pokemon for transport, and defend against those who would prevent their success. When he had come to her little cottage, it was as a client seeking advice in gardening -- persistent as the pests in her garden.[break][break]

As far as Elisabeth knew, she and Bee had never simply... existed near one another, as two human beings who didn't seek something from the other.[break][break]

With that realisation came another: Elisabeth didn't know anything about Bee. Nothing tangible or meaningful, at least. The man who had supposedly rescued from an Arcanine was a stranger to her, even if he shared the face of the man that had witnessed her torture a cadet in a warehouse and said nothing.[break][break]

As Bee's Ninetales began to sniff at Elisabeth in earnest, their cold noses tickled her bare flesh, drawing forth a startled laugh from her lips. The florist curled her arms in upon herself like a furling rosebud in a futile attempt to defend herself from the onslaught, withdrawing her feet from the water as she knelt on the picnic blanket.[break][break]

Elisabeth's helpless laughter attracted the glower of her Roselia, whom appeared none too pleased at the intrusion of the fox Pokemon and their effect on her otherwise dignified mistress. Meanwhile her Bellossom swayed happily in place, as if she was simply happy that her trainer seemed happy.[break][break]

Her Vivillon, however, was far bolder. The winged Pokemon alighted curiously above Bee's face, peering at him intently as she nibbled her poppyseed muffin. A single crumb fell onto his forehead as the butterfly continued studying him, munching obliviously.[break][break]

"Don't be rude, Petal," Elisabeth chided softly. Her rebuke was muffled by laughter as the Ninetales, at last, relinquished her from their scrutiny--which had until now gone without similar chastisement from their master.[break][break]

"Quite the beautiful spot you've picked out for yourself, Elisa."[break][break]

The sincerity in his voice evoked a similar genuine candor from her: "I love it here." Here meaning Petalburg Woods. Her little cottage outside of it. Hoenn, really.[break][break]

It seemed a silly thing to say, having spoken it aloud.[break][break]

"Is that what brings you here, then?" she asked at last, all her previous bite gone from the inquiry. "Sightseeing?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 4:24:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He watched, and he smiled, and he appreciated. Appreciated Elisa's lilting laugh, her effortless charm, the way she so delicately withdrew her body inwards away from curious noses.

"Come now, loves. Leave the pretty lady alone." Barnaby chided, a teasing smirk on his lips.

The NINETALES obeyed, of course, but instead of ringing around him the pair simply laid down on the spot. Their luxurious tails naturally tucked in toward their bodies, but with Elisa so close they simply wrapped around her instead - offering a cozy, furred covering.

Just as he was about to speak up, Elisa's VIVILLON drifted over to him. With a plink the crumb hit him square in the forehead, making Barnaby flinch slightly. His face fell, mock-annoyed.

"Yes, Petal, don't be rude." He echoed, shooing the bug away with a lazy wave of his hand.

Eventually the VIVILLON took the hint and buzzed off long enough for Barnaby to hear Elisa's proclamation of love and her follow-up question.

"Something like that. I enjoy venturing into nature every once and awhile, just for the sake of it." Versus when he was tasked to for his various workplace obligations. "But today... well, I was actually scouting out a good place to plant some special seeds I purchased."

He patted a coat pocket where a small packet was hidden away.

"Gracidea seeds. Perhaps our resident florist has heard of them?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 10:21:48 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

Elisabeth blinked her blue eyes in surprise as the two beautiful foxes curled up beside her, neatly and unintentionally pinning her in place. Rather than feeling stifled, however, the warmth of their bodies was welcome against her bare legs; the water droplets that clung to her skin were brushed away against the foxes' own latent heat.[break][break]

And the two Ninetales were both so soft. A hand, hesitantly, came to rest over Odette's head before pausing mid-air. "Do they like being touched?" she asked Bee, concern in her voice. "Plants rarely do, if ever. I don't want to startle them."[break][break]

As the florist bonded with Bee's Pokemon, Primrose's glower began to intensify to a low, jealous simmer, a few petals irritably whizzing above the Roselia's head like a grumpy storm cloud as she watched the undeserving Ninetales receive Elisabeth's full attention.[break][break]

While the Roselia was distracted, however, the Bellossom took the opportunity to tug gently on Bee's sleeve, beaming as she placed one of her honey tarts into his open hand. Giggling, Daffodil placed a hand to her lips as if to say 'shh' with a wink, this little kindness a secret between them. [break][break]

"Gracidea seeds?" Elisabeth repeated as her Vivillon huffily landed on her shoulder, having been shooed away. "A popular flower to discuss this month, certainly."[break][break]

How long ago it seemed, when had given her that rare and elusive flower she had worn at the contest hall. Since then, she had planted that very blossom in these woods with -- and, later, on her own on the outskirts of the woods in her own garden.[break][break]

The blonde turned to him, her blue eyes reflecting his as she asked openly, "What are you grateful for, Bee?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 18:50:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was with inward delight that he watched Elisa react so giddily to his two beautiful foxes. They were some of his closest companions, after all, and deserved all the reverence in the world. Outwardly, he simply smiled an easy, contended smile.

"They do. Feel free to pet them if you'd like."

A beckoning touch pulled his attention away. Glancing down, Barnaby was greeted with a sweet gift courtesy of Elisa's BELLOSSOM. Not wanting to reveal the little secret exchange, he simply nodded and accepted the gift without much fuss.

"What am I grateful for?" He echoed, idly munching on the honey tart. Barnaby's gaze was cast toward the babbling stream, his voice sounding rather bored as he answered, "Hmm. Most recently? My friendship with you, I suppose."

He looked out of the corner of his eye, curious of her reaction.

"What about you, Elisa?"

gracidea #2

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 20:34:42 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

It felt almost a transgression, to place her hand against the fur of such a majestic and noble Pokemon. Elisabeth's hand hesitated before finally resting upon Odette's head, stroking behind her velvety ears in a loving caress. "You're a lovely creature, aren't you?" she whispered. "I may have to rethink my position on Fire-type Pokemon."[break][break]

Engrossed as the florist was in lavishing the Ninetales with affection, the reaction she invoked in went entirely unseen.[break][break]

As he answered her query about gratitude, however, her attentions returned to him wholly: "Most recently? My friendship with you, I suppose." The answer rang false in her ears as she offered him a quizzical look. Were they friends, to begin with? If so, were they particularly good ones?[break][break]

Elisabeth had forged friendships in Hoenn, but she would not have considered Bee one of them.[break][break]

Her long conversations with over tea came to mind, as did her pleasant hours spent with . Too many outings with to recall. Even her recent rendezvous with one . In comparison, her behavior with Bee was acidic and biting -- much like the toxic spikes of the very Poison-type Pokemon she specialised in.[break][break]

"Oh? I can't imagine my friendship offers you much to be grateful for," Elisabeth said at last, more befuddled than anything else. And when had he gotten that honey tart?[break][break]

The two were competent as coworkers, certainly. Lethal, even. Yet to suggest Elisabeth had been a kind, or even friendly, companion with Bee was, to her knowing, patently untrue. If she was his friend, by all definitions, she was a poor one.[break][break]

Even so. The fact that Bee had used such a term of endearment as 'friend,' in jest or no, decidedly affected the outcome of her reply.[break][break]

"What am I grateful for?" Her quiet answer readied itself after a steady pause, painfully earnest in its truth: "My freedom, I suppose."[break][break]

No further explanation followed as her fingers lost themselves in Odette's fur, her mien distracted and unfocused.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 1:50:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Sybille, normally reserved and poised unless with her better half (Bijou the Alolan NINETALES), had seen enough. Her jealously got the better of her and with an insistent paw, she lightly pushed the side of Elisa's thigh - obviously vying for the woman's attention. Odette ignored the other NINETALES, instead lapping up all the attention Elisa was willing to give.

Barnaby continued to watch the trio with an amused smirk, content to see his foxes interacting in such a picturesque place, with such picturesque company.

"It has great promise." Like a prophet envisioning some grand future, Barnaby's tone took on a hopeful lilt. "I'm grateful for that. Just the hint of something wonderful."

A lasting friendship. Were they destined for something so elusive?

"In all seriousness, though, I do enjoy your company. I'd like to continue seeing you, if that's alright?" He left it up to her. After all, he'd been persistent in crossing her boundaries these last few months on purpose. He made his intentions clear from the start. Would turn his efforts down in the moment?

"What am I grateful for? My freedom, I suppose."

"Freedom implies escape." Barnaby responded, just as quietly. He'd grown serious in the seconds since his earlier statements. "What have you escaped from, Miss Fiorelli?"

gracidea #2

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 11:00:28 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]"You silly things," Elisabeth said, laughing, as she began to pet the eager Sybille in return. "I have two hands, you know." The Ninetales was not the only jealous Pokemon present; Primrose huffily stomped off to the stream, crossing her arms as she pouted and sulked in a cloud of angry rose petals.[break][break]

Not that Elisabeth paid the Roselia any mind, for it wouldn't do to reward such childish behavior. The fact the florist had done just that with Sybille's whining did not even cross her mind.[break][break]

"In all seriousness, though, I do enjoy your company. I'd like to continue seeing you, if that's alright?"[break][break]

A prepared retort died on her tongue as Elisabeth examined Bee curiously, searching his features for a hint of jest. When none appeared, a perfectly flummoxed expression appeared on hers as she examined this open door, and debated on if she wanted it closed once and for all.[break][break]

When was the last time a man had asked her what she wanted, and meant it? Elisabeth genuinely could not recall.[break][break]

For all the simmering irritation that Elisabeth had felt at Bee's unexpected ambushes, the idea of him no longer arriving at her cottage was somehow an upsetting one. Hm. Why was that, exactly? Because you are lonely, came the unwanted realisation, which Elisabeth buried as quickly as it came.[break][break]

"...You are not unwelcome here." Her crystal blue eyes met his for a moment, that open door between them pushing further ajar with each hesitant word. "We are friends, yes? That was what you said."[break][break]

And he meant it, Elisabeth believed to her surprise. They had not been idle words.[break][break]

"Freedom implies escape. What have you escaped from, Miss Fiorelli?"[break][break]

This question, and its prying illumination, would have been closed off had she chosen a different path moments ago. Elisabeth's lips pressed together, her Vivillon nuzzling her cheek with reassurance as she frowned. Confessions did not come easy to her. Unburdening herself was a luxury she had long learned to abandon, for to reveal what made you vulnerable was to hand someone a knife, and trust they would not plunge it into your back.[break][break]

Was this what friendship was, then? An exchange of arms, and trusting that the weapon you give would not strike you back?[break][break]

The instinct to divert was suppressed as Elisabeth exhaled, calculating how much of herself was merited in the reply.[break][break]

"Do you know, I have not had friends for almost ten years?" It was an answer that was not an answer. Elisabeth did not look at Bee as she continued talking, her attention wholly focused upon petting the two Ninetales at her side. "I had plenty of enemies, though. Rivals, even. More traitors than I care to recall."[break][break]

The world had not been what she had been promised. It had not been kind. It had not rewarded unconditional love, for unconditional love did not exist. The knights in white armor were just as black-hearted as anyone else.[break][break]

"My father had taught me that light can be found in even the darkest of places, if you look for it. I do not think he was a liar, but I know now that he was naïve. The world is cruel, and unfeeling, and filled with monsters." At this, her eyes flickered up to meet Bee's as Elisabeth said, with an almost unsettling calm, "We know this better than most, you and I."[break][break]

Skimming the surface of the memories felt like dancing on water; linger too long, and you drown in the blue expanse.[break][break]

"I had a choice, in the end. To either remain a lamb led to the slaughter, or become a wolf."[break][break]

Elisabeth shrugged, a distance in her gaze as she ran a hand lovingly over Sybille's ears, saying at last, "So I decided to run with wolves." The cutting glance of her blue eyes turned back his way. "And you? Why did you choose this path we share?"[break][break]

A test, laid out between them: was this friendship nothing but a pretty little exchange of words, then, or would Bee too give her a weapon to bear against him in kind?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 23:42:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The two beautiful foxes, mirrored images of one another encircled around , were both purring contentedly by this point. Sybille's petulant insistence had paid off, while Odette was simply lapping up the attention from the get-go.

Barnaby continued to look on, savoring the sight, even as Elisa spoke of things that did not suit the picturesque scene before him.

No friends? For ten years? Idly, he recalled that the woman's marriage had lasted about that length of time...

As she continued, he made a mental note to commit her words to memory. Elisabeth had never let him in in this way before, never opened up about enemies and rivals and traitors. Barnaby had a vague understanding of the privileges and restrictions that came with having a royal station, but it was obviously more harrowing than he first realized.

"The world is cruel, and unfeeling, and filled with monsters."

This statement left him feeling quite sad for her. What had she endured to become so cynical? Barnaby was tempted to comment on it, but instead allowed her to finish.

She ended on a question, which he didn't immediately respond to. A heavy silence filled the space between them for a moment, left hanging as Barnaby collected his thoughts.

You were born a lamb. Soft, beautiful, privileged. It’s a shame life has twisted you so.” Flashes of their dangerous encounter with the EMBOAR came to mind; of the myriad scratches that were just beginning to fade on his forearms, of the sound of Elisabeth's terrified screams... the urge to reach out, to touch her with a comforting hand, almost overtakes him.

But, Barnaby stopped himself. He knew she detested the feeling of being touched.

However, I don’t dislike who you’ve become, Elisabeth. From what I've seen, you are strong. Fierce. Determined. Still beautiful, of course.” A lighthearted smirk cracked his serious façade, if only to ease the mood. “Many good qualities have developed from your tragedy… whatever that may be.

He didn’t press for details, didn’t badger for an explanation. If she wanted to, she would have told him outright. Instead, he delved into his own story.

I was born a wolf.” He looked away then, toward the water; watched Primrose by the shoreline, kicking pebbles in silent protest. If Elisa looked closely, she'd notice that Barnaby's eyes had taken on a cold, predatory glint.

I didn’t have a choice.” He kept it there, for now. Vague, and yet pointed enough for assumptions to be made.

gracidea #2

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 17:40:36 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]Fitting, Elisabeth supposed, that Bee spoke in riddled stories just as she had. She mulled over his tale, brief as it was, and the preceding commentary given on her own.[break][break]

"Do you know something strange?" she said suddenly, turning to face the reclining man in the wake of his admission. The twin Ninetales looked up at her, startled, as Elisabeth moved to lean over Bee, ringlets of her blonde hair escaping her braid with the movement. "The more time passes me by, the more I prefer wolves."[break][break]

Her words could be interpreted as teasing, but the truth in them was evident. Elisabeth carefully studied Bee for a moment, returning his perpetual observation at last with her own. For all the easy, carefree way in which the man carried himself, Bee was like her in subtle ways -- guarded, calculated, and numb to witnessing pains that would cause most to flinch.[break][break]

There was a kinship, in this. A bond of trust.[break][break]

The memory of the Emboar they faced came and went, her gaze briefly flickering to the scars that had yet to heal on his arms.[break][break]

Her crystal blue eyes flitted back to hold his as another confession left her lips: "Sometimes I find myself resenting lambs for their innocence. At least the wolves acknowledge what they are, and the way the world is. Theirs is a more honest life, in some ways."[break][break]

If tragedy had warped her in any way, it was perhaps there first and foremost. Her husband's death hadn't changed the lifting of the scales from her eyes; once you knew the horrors that lurked around you, they could not be unseen. It was safer to walk among the shadows, than to falsely trust in the light of day.[break][break]

Elisabeth ran a hand through the curls that had fallen from her braid, distracted by some distant thought before she resolved at last to speak it aloud. "Regardless of how we both came here... I feel like I belong in this world of wolves, with you."[break][break]

A beat of her Vivillon's wings, and the swish of a Ninetales's luxurious tail, each filled the brief silence that hung in the air before her final words.[break][break]

"I'm sorry you were forced into this path we share. But I am not sorry we met, Bee."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 3:01:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
His gaze had been purposefully diverted from her; instead, Barnaby had chosen something neutral to look at in the distance. The faint flow of the river, the swaying of the grasses on the far bank, anything to distract from divulging too much, too soon.

Her shifting body snapped his attention back to center stage, however, where now leaned over him. She was half an armlengths away, nearer than she had ever willingly been before. Close enough that the subtle floral tones of her perfume wafted toward him, tantalizing and appetizing all at once.

"Now that is quite strange." Barnaby's usual teasing lilt came crawling back, his serious demeanor cast aside for now.

"How dangerous of you, Elisa." He replied, smiling that puckish smile of his as he met those captivating blue eyes of hers. "Consorting with wolves."

It still defied logic that such a privileged woman, brought up in nobility and with all the promise in the world, had chosen to cage herself within the iron confines of TEAM ROCKET.

If this was the life she had chosen, what had been her previous reality? Her remark about resentment and lambs was telling. Barnaby decided not to comment on that, however...

"Regardless of how we both came here... I feel like I belong in this world of wolves, with you."

This did warrant verbal acknowledgement. He watched her carefully, noticing her distraction, and the fallen curls, before responding.

"I'm not sorry either," Slowly, gently, he brought a hand up toward the side of Elisa's face, an index finger slightly extended from the rest. He paused there for a moment, allowing her time to pull away if she wanted to, before tucking a blonde curl behind her ear.

"In fact, I'm rather happy we did."

gracidea #2

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:51:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hair[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]"Fais-toi mouton, le loup te mangera."[break][break]

A dizziness overtook Elisabeth as she murmured the old Kalosian expression aloud, though this heady sensation bore little resemblance to the choking panic that had last come with the Emboar's attack in the Petalburg Woods.[break][break]

Instead, Elisabeth's posture stilled as if bracing to be struck, a shallow breath escaping her lungs as she sensed Bee's approach. The world blurred like an impressionist painting as slowly reached his hand towards her, vivid colours all bleeding into one another until she closed her eyes to steady herself.[break][break]

In the darkness, the world stopped spinning, if only for a moment. [break][break]

Her heartbeat raced like a Florabri's wings, barely able to contain its own erratic energy in uneasy anticipation of what went unseen. Though silence had descended between them, the sound of it pounded loudly in her own ears.[break][break]

Until a gentle touch brushed against her cheek, light as the wind as Bee tucked a curl of her golden ringlets behind her ear. His hand lingered there, awaiting her dismissal. The surge of tension that had locked her body in place began to fade with the realisation nothing further would occur, the anxiety gradually evaporating as she remembered to breathe.[break][break]

Flowers despised human touch, but like all other living things, they still craved warmth. And it had been a long and lonely winter.[break][break]

I should stop this.[break][break]

I can still stop this.[break][break]

Everything in her mind went mercifully blank as a reassuring wind bore the scent of freshly wafting flowers, some reprieve granted either through Aromatherapy or the capricious whims of nature itself.[break][break]

The breeze teased what little remained of her braid into its final undoing, collapsing into golden curls that tumbled freely down her back to ruin what futile efforts Bee had made to salvage it.[break][break]

"I'm not sorry, either. In fact, I'm rather happy we did."[break][break]

At the sound of Bee's voice, Elisabeth's blue eyes fluttered open once more. His cobalt eyes watched her with silent curiosity, waiting... for what, exactly?[break][break]

The world had ceased in its movement, as if asking for her permission to resume. As if was waiting to see whether she, Elisabeth, wanted the world to continue rotating on its axis with the actions she had first set in motion by inviting him here. His expression was unhurried, unrushed. Patient, but inquisitive.[break][break]

A peculiar timidity seized her, manifesting itself in the halting grace of her movements as her hand hovered, uncertainly, over him. With a hesitant resolve, Elisabeth brought her fingertips to his cheek, drawing them in a gentle caress over his jawline as he smiled up at her. It felt strange, to touch him like this -- to confirm that he, like her, was nothing more than flesh and blood.[break][break]

And in the end, wasn't a man only a man?[break][break]

With this tiny movement, gravity drew their bodies closer, Elisabeth's hand falling to trail the scars that crossed his arms in faint white lines as her body pressed close against his. Her touch had been unkinder then, cruel like rose briars raking against his skin as he bled.[break][break]

Wolves act on instinct.[break][break]

Her lips parted as if to speak, soft as pink rose petals as they sought to articulate her unfinished thoughts.[break][break]

Instead her body leaned into gravity's embrace, and her mouth claimed his.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES