challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

WELCOME TO THE FLEUR TEA ATELIER a sophisticated tea house of many stories. Although the lower floors feature spaces for enjoying specialty teas and fanciful pastries, the upper floors are dedicated to battling. After all, being this close to Hoenn's Pokemon League means you are within a diverse community of formidable trainers.[break][break]

After some time conversing and enjoying the service, the maître d'hôtel arrives in a smart suit. A Mr. Mime wheels in a fanciful room service trolley beside him. On top of the trolley, is a large cloche. "you are all signed up for the tiered tea room challenge, yes? what is your team's name?" [break][break]

He pulls out a notepad and pen, expecting an answer. Afterward, he asks his Mr. Mime to reveal the contents underneath the cloche. Several items for your Pokemon to equip are revealed.

After selections are made (or not made), he directs you all to wooden staircase. "bon courage! you do not want to START ON THE WRONG FOOT!" He offers a hint with a smile.[break]

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • Please determine a TEAM NAME ICly.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item.

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 5:58:53 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"ok so hear me out...we call ourselves...the teabaggers." Kazimir holds up his hands in front of him defensively as if he was expecting someone on this team to suddenly punch him for his suggestion, "LISTEN I JUST THINK IT'S APPROPRIATE! CAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'LL BE DOING WITH THE OTHER TEAMS Y'KNOW?! And uh...cause tea...bags?" It sounded a lot better in his head but saying it out loud really did paint it in a non-flattering light. Deep down he was still kind of wanting to use it as their name mostly for the laughs.

Looking at the items they were offered his eyes kept wandering towards the balloon before reaching out and picking it up holding it by the string between two fingers. "well...I think i'll take this. Looks like it can come in handy. Besides every tea party could use a good balloon to spruce things up, right?"

+ chooses the name "teabaggers"
+ takes the air balloon

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 23:01:34 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

A brow rose, forcing the smirk that dared to spread across his lips away. “It is definitely a name, thats for sure.” Mentally, he giggled like a little girl. But honestly, he didn’t really care what their little band was called. It was nice that he at least knew that people he was with this time.

Of course, Maverick pretended to care by offering his own idea to the group. “Hmmmm,” he hummed to himself, gaze lifted to look up in thought, “What about Jasmine Dragon?” Crimson gaze fell back to them, shoulders rose and fell in a shrug. “I heard it in this anima I seen. Sounded cool.” Arms folded over his chest, letting the rest of his team to pick their name.

Once the team name was decided and items were offered, the burnt scarred man took the MENTAL HERB. Although the rest would certainly help him, there was something about that herb that told him to snatch it. “I’ll take this one for now.” Who knows what kind of trouble they will run into this time around.

for , , & at ever grande city. maverick takes the mental herb. LETS GOOOOOOO!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#686E91; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#686E91; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 1:25:50 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko clapped her hands in delight at their team name. "Ah! It is good!" she exclaimed, blissfully ignorant of any implications. "Because I like tea bags!" She made two fists and pumped them eagerly, psyching herself and her teammates up. "Using this powerful name, we will be... number one!"

She held the pose for a second, then relaxed, covering her mouth with one hand to hide a little giggle. She wasn't used to competitive events and was just tickled she'd been invited. The tatami-mat interior of the Tiered Tea room was so peaceful, it reminded her of the Petalburg Gym. It also reminded her of cleaning her mother's tatami room, and that did make her frown for a moment.

"Oh! I also enjoy jasmine!" Michi perked up at Maverick's suggestion. She made a fist with one hand and set it on the other as she had a clever idea. "We can make a combi: Jasmine Teabaggers! Or Jasmine Teabag?" She tilted her head to the side as she mulled it over, combing through her puffy hair with her fingers. "What do you think, Zac?" The little woman directed her question to the fourth member of the group.

Browsing the tea room's selection of footwear, berry teas, herbal teas, and festive balloons, Michiko ended up coming back to the herbal tea and selecting a Mental Herb teabag for herself. "I will brew this for my husband later with water!" she declared, putting it carefully in her handbag as a souvenir. She probably wouldn't need it during the challenge, so they could enjoy with rice crackers later.
Michi proposes Jasmine Teabaggers
Michi takes a MENTAL HERB

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 1:34:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
[attr="class","zac"]
"Well if this ain't a power squad then I don't know what is!" Zac said, looking around at the room of former Gym Leaders and one of the current Elite Four. "I couldn't have asked for a more seasoned crew." He grinned at them all.

"I'm happy with whatever name," Zac said, laidback as usual, "Jasmine Teabaggers, Teabag Dragons, whatever floats your boat, and don't worry about bringing the milk, I've got that covered." 

"Howzit goin! Nice to meetcha," Zac said, shaking hands with the maître d' and his Mr. Mime before the items were uncovered. "Hors d'oeuvres!" he said excitedly, before realizing that the mini quiches would have to wait until the afterparty. "Huh. It's been a while since I've had to resort to eating rubber or footwear, and all this talk of tea has got me hungry for some leaves."  

Zac grabbed the mental herb. "When in doubt, always pick the stimulant," he said knowingly. "You never know when you'll need to stay awake for another 6 hours."

-Zac suggests The Teabag Dragons
-takes a Mental Herb

[newclass=.zac b] color: #d4654a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 2:25:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]01: SPIKES

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
AVOID TAKING DAMAGE FROM THE ENTRY HAZARD, SPIKES[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

ON THE FIRST CHALLENGE FLOOR, an archaeologist squats with a magnifying glass raised to his eye. Before him, a Roselia twists and turns in place like a demure child. Several spikes are riddled across the teahouse's floors, evidently from the Roselia itself.[break][break]

His voice, hoarse from age, sputters out from underneath his bushy mustache. "i know the pains of those SPIKES personally. send your pokemon out without turning them into pincushions and you'll triumph over this floor, my fellow tea lovers!" The man rises— but by just a tad. One hand remains on his knee, while the other shakily holds the lens.[break][break]

In the middle of the room's flooring, an inscription is written:[break]
"Once there were four.[break]
And one looked upon time's steady pace.[break]
And one looked upon the expanse of space.[break]
And one looked through its pane,[break]
And one looked for disorder to maintain.[break]
Only two did set out,[break]
the fullness of future they did seek,[break]
the world's far end would they greet."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • The ENTRY HAZARD is already out on the field. Avoid damage immediately.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 13:40:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
[attr="class","zac"]
"A couple of spikes, ay?" Zac said, surveying the sharp floor around the aged archaeologist. "Should be easy to avoid if we don't hit the ground!"

He reached into his duffel bag and pulled out REM the Flygon. "Get out here mate! Show 'em how we deal with problems on the ground!"

FLYGON materialized in the tea room. He hovered above the spikes, feet kept well above the hazard by his humming wings and his LEVITATE ability. "That's the way mate! Putting the Dragon back in Teabag Dragons!"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 14:06:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

as the jasmine teabaggers made their way up onto the first floor kazimir dare not take another step as soon as he saw the aforementioned floor littered with spikes. On the other side of it he saw the old man on the ground as well as a roselia who didn't seem to care about what they were doing.

"well alright then, we just gotta not touch the ground right? then let's do a little more than that valiant!" throwing out a braviary the bird found staying out of danger quite easy thanks to it being a flying type and able to soar over the spikes. "guess we dodged that spiked drink didn't we?"

+ sends out braviary, flies over spikes!
+ uses defog on the spikes!

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 16:49:34 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko knew she had a flying Pokemon somewhere. As Kazimir's Braviary successfully cleared the entry hazard, she unclasped her handbag and began to rummage inside. "No... not that... no, this is not it..."

She pulled out lipstick, a granola bar, and a pack of wet wipes and pushed them into 's hands. "Could you hold these, please?" she asked, tugging at something stuck in the bottom of her purse. She tugged more insistently, pinning the bag beneath one arm. "Almost..."

There was a shower of bobby pins and lint as a full Doublade flew out of the bag and shot across the room. Whump-whump-WHUMP-WHUMP! It wheeled through the air like a giant ninja star, bypassing the inscription on the floor. The archaeologist ducked just in time as the sword speared through his hat and pinned it to the far wall.

"Eeeh!" Michiko cried, hands flying up to her mouth in shock. "What was that doing in there?" Had her mother packed it along with her bento box?
Defog has cleared the Spikes!
Michiko's Doublade is unaffected!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 20:37:03 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Upon the first floor, an elderly man and a roselia stood in their way. His crimson gaze flickered over the ground, taking mental notes of the spikes that covered space between them and the other side. The man set the challenge, teabag dragons were quick to over come it.

It was Zac that was first to soar over them, using a flygon to literally flying over them. Reaching into his pockets, the man pulled out his pokemon. But before he could summon said creature, Kazimir send out his bravairy and flow pass the spikes as well. Luckily enough, his beautiful avian used defog to clear that path for him and his other team mate.

It was Michiko mumbling that force Maverick to see what was wrong. Eyes widened in shock when she shoved a bunch of random ideas in his hands. A brow rose, only to be startled by an pin needle and lint show when a Doublade popped out from her bag. It whipped itself across the floor, the burnt scarred man had pure astonish over his face. How did she fit all this in his hands and that in her bag?

“Hey Michiko!” He called out after she already started to cross the floor, summoning his oddly colored hydreigon just for the sake of having something out, “Don’t forget your stuff.”

for , , & at ever grande city. defog cleared the spikes. maverick summons hydreigon.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 5:49:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]02: DIVE

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
SUCCESSFULLY ATTACK A SEMI-VULNERABLE POKEMON THAT USED THE MOVE, DIVE.[break]

[break]

NOTE

FOR THE PREVIOUS CHALLENGE, your characters would have sent out all of your Pokemon at the same time with SPIKES on the field. There would have been no opportunity to use DEFOG. However, I will make an exception this time and make certain conditions clearer for the next rounds!

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE SECOND FLOOR. A cerulean pool stretches across the room. In the middle, a Relicanth lazily treads water. With her legs in the pool, a swimmer sits on the pool's edge. Light kicks splash the treated water.[break][break]

She calls out to the party, waving her hand like a flag. "did you know kyogre and groudon fought each other endlessly during the primal age? rayquaza calmed the two down, thankfully!" She laughs and lifts herself up. "this world has lots and lots of natural energy deep down inside! but the question is, can you hit my relicanth deep during its DIVE?"[break][break]

Around the room's flooring, an inscription is written:[break]
"Two different paths—[break]
each on a lonesome path they trod,[break]
though they walk with an almighty god.[break]
O you, who live in relative comfort dwell,[break]
I know your wish- it does not bode well."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • You can only use ONE MOVE.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 13:00:40 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"you think when were done with this whole tea challenge we can come back down here for a swim? that pool looks really inviting." save for the swimming fossil that was lurking under the water's surface that is. if they were going to get rid of it then they would need a professional's help. taking out another ball he sent out his samurott who dove straight into the water, "hit them with a surf kusanagi!"

the samurott raised his flippers into the water as the pool began to recede back behind the samurai and turn into a large wave that looked to crash against the relicanth hiding underneath. even if he couldn't hit it with his blades the samurott was confident that its control over the water should be enough on its own to do the job.

+ sends out samurott!
+ uses surf to strike at the diving relicanth

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 13:31:32 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
[attr="class","zac"]
"Two legendary powers battling for supremacy over land and sea? Sounds a bit like Charja-Cola vs Zapsi, ay Kaz?" Zac was still chuckling at the mental image of Zac-Groudon fighting Kaz-Kyogre as he sent out his BLASTOISE Megs. The two-ton tank tortoise crashed into the pool, soaking the room with chlorinated water. 

Megs followed Kusanagi's lead, adding her own SURF and building on the tremendous wave that sucked at Relicanth like a receding tide, pulling the fish out of the depths.

Zac sent out Blastoise
Blastoise used Surf

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 15:53:41 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
Michiko was still trying to stuff her Doublade back in her handbag (how had her mother packed it?!) as they reached the second floor of the tea atelier.

The mention of Rayquaza was enough to temporarily distract Michi from her task. "Ah, that is the name..." she said, almost to herself. She, Zac and Kazimir had been together when it had attacked Sootopolis. It does not seem like a peaceful Pokémon to me, she thought privately, but chose not to share her opinion.

"That would be good! The water looks nice," Michiko sighed in response to , giving up on trying to put her Doublade away. She settled for trying to drape it fetchingly over her handbag like a too-large coat.

It immediately slithered onto the floor and into the pool. "Nooo!" Michi cried, grabbing for it too late as it vanished into the water like her favorite necklace slipping down the sink drain.

Buoyed up by the dark Samurott's tidal wave, the swimming blades darted through the water like spear fishermen. They found Relicanth hiding beneath the water and bashed it mercilessly with Fury Cutter, ignoring its lazy Dive attempt.

"Can someone pull Doublade out of the water? I am worried it will get to rust," Michiko asked helplessly, squatting down by the edge of the pool and trying to see inside.
Doublade has the No Guard Ability!
Doublade attacks with Fury Cutter!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
TIERED TEA ROOM #7
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 19:51:02 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick was the last one who arrived on the second floor shortly after Michiko. Warm crimson colored over casted over the pool of water as the woman spoke, talking about the legends of the legendaries. Kazimir comment about coming back for a swim later made Maverick scoff. While Zac’s comment to Kaz, made him wonder what kind of trouble has come to Hoenn before his time here.

Either way, the burnt scarred man pulled out his next pokemon. A smirk spread across his lips, ball burst open to reveal his shiny mitotic. “Help them get that Relicanth out of the water Shenron,” the man mumbled to pointing to the whirlpool that already started to form, “Use surf.” Shenron nodded, moving to control the water into a well organized SURF. “Oh.. and get Michiko’s doublade out as well.”

for , , & at ever grande city. maverick summons shenron the shiny milotic who uses surf!