challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

WELCOME TO THE FLEUR TEA ATELIER a sophisticated tea house of many stories. Although the lower floors feature spaces for enjoying specialty teas and fanciful pastries, the upper floors are dedicated to battling. After all, being this close to Hoenn's Pokemon League means you are within a diverse community of formidable trainers.[break][break]

After some time conversing and enjoying the service, the maître d'hôtel arrives in a smart suit. A Mr. Mime wheels in a fanciful room service trolley beside him. On top of the trolley, is a large cloche. "you are all signed up for the tiered tea room challenge, yes? what is your team's name?" [break][break]

He pulls out a notepad and pen, expecting an answer. Afterward, he asks his Mr. Mime to reveal the contents underneath the cloche. Several items for your Pokemon to equip are revealed.

After selections are made (or not made), he directs you all to wooden staircase. "bon courage! i heard the first battle has SHAKEN TRAINERS UP." He offers a hint with a smile.[break]

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • Please determine a TEAM NAME ICly.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item.

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 7:03:01 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

&

+Introductions!

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]A Spot of Tea

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Elisabeth had arrived at the Fleur Tea Atelier dressed to impress, gliding through the assemblage of trainers as her crystal blue eyes sought those of familiar faces. A few caught her eye -- such as a detestable Mr. , who was decidedly avoided -- but, for once, the blonde opted to choose the devil she didn't know.[break][break]

It helped prevent too many public associations with the devils that she did.[break][break]

The result was that, in this room, stood two complete strangers to her: and . Both appeared competent trainers, and likely not on Team Rocket's roster, given her growing knowledge of the organisation. She offered them both a disarming smile, curtseying.[break][break]

"Elisabeth Fiorelli, resident florist of Petalburg. A pleasure to work with you both." Gesturing to the maître d'hôtel, she continued, "It seems we should begin by thinking of a team name, and deciding if any of the items in front of us strike our fancy?"[break][break]

Today Elisabeth was nothing more than a simple florist enjoying a play at being something greater than herself.[break][break]

Although the competitive glint in her crystal blue eyes betrayed otherwise.[break][break]

"I was thinking the name Team White Lotus would suit, considering the venue," she said finally, choosing to procure an AIR BALLOON for herself.

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 14:48:08 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Rae’d heard about the Fleur Tea Atelier and initially she thought it’d be wayyyy too snooty and fancy for the likes of her. Just the name alone turned her off, but she’d decided to come anyway. She could always bail if it was just some rich asshole’s tea party, right? But she’s really hoping for some excitement![break][break]

“Heyo! Rae Rancon, athlete and one of Melody’s new Muses! Nice to meetcha!” She stretches upwards, putting her hands behind her head and smiling. “I didn’t know this was gonna be so much fun! I was a little worried this was gonna be somethin’ boring.”[break][break]

She looks at the balloon, thinking of the time she and spent at the Mossdeep Space Center. She knows it has a use and thinks about getting it just for the sentimental value, but it seems like there’s gonna be some kind of tactical advantage to picking one of them…[break][break]

Alright. She’ll pick the weird leaf thing… what was it called? MENTAL HERB? Sure, it seems useful…[break][break]

“Huh? White Lotus? Ohhh, I get it!” It seems kind of pretentious, exactly the thing she wanted to avoid, but that’s just because she doesn’t get it. But she’s gonna pretend like she does so she doesn’t look stupid. Someone please sit her down to watch Avatar. “Yeah, I like it! Let’s go with that!”[break]

[break]+

[break][break]introductions, choosing mental herb, not getting references

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D5A53D;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 17:06:54 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","CJTEA"]
[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]
[attr="class","llppromised2"]
[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]beaten[break]down

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]from high to low, they say this town has broken bones

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

CJ’s sweater had SNOWPOINT plastered on it so they really couldn’t look less fancy if they tried. They must have missed the bit where the Tea Atelier required formalwear-- or maybe Elisabeth had received the invitation where that detail was included, given she was clad in the absolute height of taste. CJ had a sweatshirt, leggings, socks, and tennis shoes; their hair was artfully mussed via the art of not brushing, and their only accessory was their freckles. [break][break]

They find themselves stranded, alone, with two (beautiful) strangers. They grin at Rae, not entirely sure what one being one of ‘Melody’s new Muses’ means, but happy to make new friends; with Elisabeth, they feel a bit like they should bow. “Hi guys. I’m CJ. Nice to meet you both.” [break][break]

“Yeah, I was worried it would be too classy for me,” CJ says with a wink, “that’s why I showed up. To dumb down the place.” Insert self derogatory humor in place of a true personality here. [break][break]

“I like White Lotus,” CJ says as they, too take an opportunity to scan the offered held items. “You know what they say-- good times become good memories, bad times become good lessons.” [break][break]

It was a faux deep way of saying they got the reference. [break][break]

[break][break]> TEAM BLONDE WHITE LOTUS IS A GO[break]> QUICKLY GOOGLE UNCLE IROH QUOTES [break]> CJ is taking the mental herb hold item[break]> wearing

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]
[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.CJTEA .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#67616b;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 22:07:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]01: EARTHQUAKE

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
AVOID THE MOVE, EARTHQUAKE, WITHOUT THE USE OF PROTECTION MOVES[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

ON THE FIRST CHALLENGE FLOOR, a MAN DRESSED IN DRACONID COSPLAY beats his chest and stomps the ground. Beside him, a Flygon stomps too. Its wings beat quickly in excitement and from its intense flapping, the sound akin to that of a woman's voice singing can be heard.[break][break]

The Draconid Cosplayer shouts, fingers still grasping the fabric across his chest, "did you know?! the draconid people helped lead those lost in sandstorms by their unique flygon wing-songs. the melody's been lost to this day." His Flygon stops flapping its rhombus wings and lands closer to the main area. "ok enough geeking out. avoid my fly-baby's EARTHQUAKE without using PROTECTION MOVES. face it fearlessly like the draconids did with all threats!"[break][break]

The Flygon screeches and rocks the floor. An EARTHQUAKE moves toward your Pokemon. Do not worry, the floor and surrounding infrastructure is designed to absorb most of the shock for the patrons below.[break][break]

In the middle of the room's flooring, an inscription is written:[break]
"Once there were four.[break]
And one looked upon time's steady pace.[break]
And one looked upon the expanse of space.[break]
And one looked through its pane,[break]
And one looked for disorder to maintain.[break]
Only two did set out,[break]
the fullness of future they did seek,[break]
the world's far end would they greet."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • Avoid the move, EARTHQUAKE, without using a move.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 22:27:57 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

&

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Round #1

An earthquake, was it? "Simple enough."[break][break]

There was an obvious relish in 's voice as she responded to the prompt, her competitive nature revealing itself with a grin.[break][break]

A toss of a Pokeball released her Misdreavus, Lavender, who appeared and dutifully began to LEVITATE.[break][break]

"Curious format," Elisabeth said conversationally as she awaited her companions' response. "I suppose the difficulty increases with each floor?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

Levitate renders the Pokémon with this Ability immune to damaging Ground-type moves (except Thousand Arrows). It also is unaffected by the effects of Arena Trap, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web, Rototiller, and terrain.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 1:44:53 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","CJTEA"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]from high to low, they say this town has broken bones

Out of all the things they expected to be doing, staring down a weirdo in a Pokemon costume was not one of them. The Flygon was definitely the less scary of the two. He flips them a cool tidbit about the history of the… the Draconid people? [break][break]

CJ has little time to digest that, as the Flygon hopped into action shortly after. “Avoid the earthquake?” they thought aloud, giving Iman’s Pokeball a toss. The Eelektross popped forward and levitated off the ground, unfazed by the shaking and grumbling. “No problem.” [break][break]

“What do you think of the riddle?” CJ asked their teammates. “I think-- and take this with a grain of salt-- maybe it’s about the Sinnoh Region.” They tapped their Snowpoint sweater. “Time, space, ‘across the plane’-- Dialga, Palkia, Giratina… dunno what it has to do with all this--,” they gestured to the room around them-- “though.”
[break][break]

[break][break]IMAN - FEMALE - LEVITATE - THRASH, CRUNCH, ZAP CANNON, THUNDERBOLT, ACID SPRAY[break]IMAN'S LEVITATE GIVES IMMUNITY TO ALL GROUND TYPE MOVES[break]> wearing

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 4:00:19 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Rae smiles. Avoid Earthquake? That was easy business. A hand goes to the ball that’s always on her hip and she tosses it out, and in a burst of flame and feathers, Carrie the Talonflame emerges, spreading her wings and taking off.[break][break]

The Talonflame grabs Rae in its claws, lifting her off the floor with it and rushing over to the man in the Draconid outfit. The Earthquake died down while they were airborne and Carrie drops Rae right in front of him. She grins, facing him head on and getting right in his personal bubble before turning her back to him, ignoring him for the time being.[break][break]

“Sinnoh? I mean, sounds right I guess?” She’d heard bits and pieces from people before but didn’t really get the whole Sinnohan religion. “But it talks about four… I hope we won’t need to set up four people a certain way to get that done!”[break][break]

[break]+

[break][break]Carrie's partial FLYING type makes her immune to all ground-type moves, including Earthquake

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 1:53:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]

[attr="class","raidName"]02: DIG

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
SUCCESSFULLY ATTACK A SEMI-VULNERABLE POKEMON THAT USED THE MOVE, DIG.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE SECOND FLOOR. Shards of sand crunch underneath your shoes upon entry. Ahead, a vast pit of golden sand awaits. In its center, a Diggersby paws its micro desert idly before standing to attention upon noticing all of you enter.[break][break]

Its trainer—perhaps an off-duty construction worker—stops brushing the sandy floor with his broom. He calls out to the team: "in the primal age, groudon fought kyogre over this land's bountiful natural energy. deep inside this earth, there must be more, dont'cha think?" The construction worker claps his broad hands. Sand mists the air around his palms. "can you land a hit on my diggersby? he'll DIG pretty deep!"[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"Two different paths—[break]
each on a lonesome path they trod,[break]
though they walk with an almighty god.[break]
O you, who live in relative comfort dwell,[break]
I know your wish- it does not bode well."

INSTRUCTIONS

• You can only use ONE MOVE.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 12:18:08 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

&

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Round #2

Burrowing, bah. Elisabeth so despised when Ground-types evaded her beloved Grass-type Pokemon with such maneuvers. Desperate times, desperate measures. She retrieved her Misdreavus with a long-suffering sigh. [break][break]

A very dusty Pokeball was retrieved from the PC instead, one that rarely had seen much use in the florist's hands. "Good day, Steelthorn," she greeted the surprised Rhyhorn that emerged. "EARTHQUAKE, if you would?"[break][break]

Two could play that game. The world began to shake as the Rhyhorn stomped at the ground, sending fissrues directly towards the semi-vulnerable Diggersby. Bullseye.[break][break]

"I can't say I know much about Sinnoh," she replied to . "Your guess would be as good as mine. A new poem, however? First we move from 'four' to 'two,' only to discuss 'two' once more." She shrugged at , as if to say 'who knows what that means.'[break][break]

[break][break]

Earthquake can hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turn of Dig, and if it does, it will have its power doubled for that Pokémon.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:18:57 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","CJTEA"]

The next round flipped the script and instead of avoiding earthquakes, it looked like it called for an earthquake. And that was exactly what CJ provided, switching out Iman for Shae, their Mudsdale. She dove straight into the fray, shaking the miniature desert to its barest bones with a vicious earthquake. [break][break]

CJ scratched their head, shrugging. “Numbers make my head hurt on a good day. Not sure what kinda day this is yet.” [break][break]

[break][break]SHAE - FEMALE - STAMINA | IRON DEFENSE, HIGH HORSEPOWER, HEAVY SLAM, EARTHQUAKE, MEGA KICK, SUPERPOWER[break]SHAE'S EARTHQUAKE CAN HIT A POKEMON DURING THE SEMI-INVULNERABLE TURN OF DIG[break]> wearing

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 3:37:26 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Rae’s teammates had gone for the relatively calm Earthquake, but she’s about to turn it up a notch. This is bound to work, right? No reason it shouldn’t if Earthquake can hit… Finding the PC in the corner of the room, Rae pulls out an often-forgotten about Pokemon she has, tossing its ball out and letting the Barboach free.[break][break]

“Alright, Whiskers!” She shouts, pointing forwards. “Open up a FISSURE!”[break][break]

Whiskers follows her direction, the room seeming to split in two as the ground opens up around the dug-in Diggersby, causing it to fall and instantly get knocked out. Rae pumps her fist. Now this is her kind of thing![break][break]

But they have yet another riddle that they need to solve. Goddamn it, Rae hates these. Her head hurts just trying to understand the old-timey English its written in. Elizabeth looks at her and she can do nothing but shrug. “I dunno. Maybe it’ll be obvious when we get more clues?”[break]

[break]+

[break][break]Whiskers's Fissure can hit a Pokemon during the semi-invulnerable turn of Dig!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 3:33:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]

[attr="class","raidName"]03: YAWN

[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
THE MOVE YAWN MUST HIT & INFLICT[break]THE DROWSY STATUS ON ALL OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]
PREVENT YOUR PKMN FROM FALLING ASLEEP[break] ON THE SECOND TURN OF YAWN.
[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE THIRD FLOOR. Here, a man and his Torkoal await you all. Oddly enough, this room seems hotter and more humid than the rest. All around on stands, pedestals, canvases and antiquities, Fire-type Pokemon are depicted. Slugma. Blaziken. Heatran. Moltres. The man welcomes everyone with a warm voice:[break][break]

"welcome to the third floor. i am farhan, the regent of the kindlers." He pats his Torkoal's shell and ushers him toward the field. "if you've come this far, you may be tired. however, scaling mt. chimney by foot is a harrowing ordeal. one must be alert at all times— for our volcano is an unpredictable, living force. endure a YAWN from my torkoal- but do not succumb to its effects."[break][break]

There is no inscription written in this room. However, paintings and carvings of a Moltres being birthed from Mt. Chimney's molten crater can be seen.

INSTRUCTIONS

• All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 14:41:49 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

&

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Round #3

This sort of challenge was much more her speed. Gone was the Rhyhorn that Elisabeth had relied on moments before, replaced by an elegant Florges that stretched her leafy arms leisurely as she entered the battlefield.[break][break]

"MISTY TERRAIN, please, Gloria," Elisabeth said primly, pressing her hands before herself. "Wouldn't do for you all to fall asleep so early on."[break][break]

A rosy, pinkish cloud of mist radiated from the regal Fairy-type, suffusing the entirety of the floor in its sweet perfume.[break][break]

[break][break]

Misty Terrain creates terrain that envelops the field and replaces the background environment and any other terrain that is already in effect. The terrain fades after five turns. If an affected Pokémon is drowsy due to Yawn, it is prevented from falling asleep.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
TIERED TEA ROOM #11
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 18:05:18 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","CJTEA"]

Much to CJ’s dismay, the floors were getting trickier at a fast rate. They had Pokemon who could avoid drowsiness altogether-- but to take the yawn, get sleepy, and resist actually falling asleep was another question. [break][break]

After watching Elisabeth’s Florges fill the air with a lovely, pink mist, CJ had an idea; they sent out Stratos, their Loudred. It was about to get crazy up in here, up in here, to quote the eternal poet DMX. [break][break]

Once the yawn had landed, and Stratos’ eyes started to slip “Stratos, use uproar,” CJ said, and the Big Voice Pokemon began to stomp his feet and dance from side to side, filling the room with cacophonous noise-- like a horribly broken bass boosted speaker. It made CJ’s eardrums thrum deep inside their head. [break][break]

“SORRY FOR THIS,” they said to their teammates, yelling above the din.
[break][break]

[break][break]STRATOS - MALE - SOUNDPROOF | ECHOED VOICE, STOMP, BITE, UPROAR, SUPERSONIC, HYPER VOICE[break]STRATOS' UPROAR DOES NOT STOP YAWN FROM HITTING, BUT PREVENTS A POKEMON FROM FALLING ASLEEP FROM DROWSINESS[break]> wearing

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES