Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 20:43:22 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

Ultraviolet lights cast the entirety of the prepared laboratory in a deep, amethystine hue. Black walls absorbed all light, highlighting the glowing nature of the crystablooms that glittered on the wire-woven shelves.

Each potted specimen was marked and organised by location, found everywhere from Littleroot to Sootopolis... and, of course, the routes that connected all of Hoenn's great cities. Other floral samples were placed in sealed containers, likewise dated and labeled with meticulous precision; one sat beneath a microscope, having been examined by some absent scientist not long ago.

Elisabeth herself had become intimately familiar with the interior of this space as she delivered her own additions, adding to the vast wealth provided by other members of the Rocket organisation.

Her emerald eyes scanned the premises as her Misdreavus cackled at her side, watching with glee as Elisabeth placed yet another flower among those gathered -- this one procured from the Petalburg Woods just outside her home.

Wearing a lab coat felt, in some ways, affirming. In other ways, it felt fraudulent.

Knowledge meant nothing to the world when gained in isolation. Years of reading on plant physiology and botany did not equate to being a professional in the field. Anyone could be a poisoner if they studied the right books; a toxicologist she was not, in truth. Perfumery required an understanding of basic chemistry, but again, no one would think to consider her a chemist for it.

Her mind was wasted, and Elisabeth had done ten years of the wasting herself. The bitterness of that regret stung.

She'd heard of the woman who was soon to meet her here, of course. Not much, in some ways, as rumours were something that Elisabeth attempted to avoid. She disliked having the right to make her own opinion taken from her.

One thing was certain, beyond all doubt: there was nothing fraudulent about Head Scientist .

[break]
[break]
[break]
Crystals in Bloom ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 23:46:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

really, there was plenty fraudulent about lulu flint. [break][break]
for starters: her name. the soft-spoken saoirse quinn was a (literally) buried detail of the past, replaced by the infamously aggressive force that was lulu flint. additionally, she possessed no degrees or certifications. everything she had learned, similarly to elisa, had been found through isolated study—and a knack for accessing things she wasn’t supposed to.[break][break]
still, she never corrected a soul who called her by her various bogus titles. professor flint. doctor flint. she took it in stride, often hiding her smirk behind a casual sip of coffee.[break][break]
no such cup was in her hand today. her meeting with the florist, , was an especially important one. [break][break]
as she continued through the laboratory, she surveyed the various new additions they’d accumulated, spending time at each to gaze curiously at them. quiet and loyal at her heel was a houndoom—one of the two which guarded her office, rumored around the labs to be especially vicious. [break][break]
soon enough, she spotted a face she was confident belonged to the woman she was meeting. straightening from her inspection, she approached, heels clicking beneath the edges of her lab coat. [break][break]
”fiorelli, i presume?” [break][break]
when she got close enough, she held out her hand. [break][break]
”lulu flint.”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-houndoom"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 1:30:37 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

"Indeed." The hand was accepted and shaken with a polite sternness. "A pleasure."

Subtle changes in her demeanor presented themselves when in the company of higher ranked Rockets: a deference in her assumed posture, the careful glance of her eyes before taking a step forward, the precision in which she lifted a specimen in her gloved hands before handing it to with a disarming gentleness.

The heart of its sapphire petals glittered enchantingly, like the Illumina that had only recently graced Hoenn with their presence.

"Several dozen specimens of crystablooms have been gathered here in total, found from across the region -- including some, I am told, from algae blooms on the sea floor. Different colours have been assembled, but for the most part, the blossoms seem fairly uniform otherwise. Six petals, veined leaves, and a budding heart of glowing crystal stigma."

Her tone was calm and even as she recited the obvious, more out of an ingrained sense of courtesy than a belief that Lulu truly needed a preamble. Here, however, Elisabeth frowned slightly, pausing before venturing from certainty into the realm of hypotheticals.

"Given their recent arrival in the region, it is difficult to know how to classify them among flowers. How swiftly and suddenly they flowered, however, makes me suspect they are something akin to annuals."

Another pause, heavier in its consideration. Inappropriately, her Misdreavus giggled to fill the silence.

"The blooming of an annual flower takes somewhere between fifty and ninety days after seeding." Her emerald eyes met Lulu's for a moment, conveying something unspoken in her final thought: "Given how far-reaching the blossoms are, it makes me think a region-wide phenomenon led to their dispersal."

Around the time when the dimensional space rifts first began in Hoenn. A subject much more suited to Lulu's specialties than her own.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 8:28:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

elisabeth came off as polite, perhaps even the slightest bit demure in her handshake. lulu did not find this surprising, and expected little more from a plant person. this did not take away from her excitement to hear the newest details from she whose expertise came highly recommended.[break][break]

while peering down at the specimen shown to her, lulu allowed elisabeth her full explanation uninterrupted. her face stretched in interest at the detail of the seafloor blooms. that had not been a previously known fact or a consideration for the head scientist. this was good news. however, as elisabeth continued, lulu’s attention was more fully captured by the implication of her theory.[break][break]

”it makes sense. with newly developed technology, we’ve been able to detect and measure infinity energy around hoenn—as well as identify it in the crystablooms. we’ve picked up more sporadic activity in areas where distortions are about to occur, leading us to believe they are actually caused by this same energy. this only further solidifies that theory.” [break][break]

this time, it was lulu’s turn to consider a hypothesis in a pause of silence.[break][break]

”it seems that, perhaps, as much of this resource as hoenn possesses, it is either growing in abundance, or rising more to the surface from where it must have been dormant for a very long time—longer than we can recall, historically.”[break][break]

it could sound like doom. or, it could sound like opportunity.[break][break]

”i’d say we can feel certain that there will only be more phenomena.” actually, it was a fairly easy guess, regardless of clues. ”we can now prepare to make the most of it. these crystablooms will provide us with the power we will need to take advantage of hoenn's impending problems; perhaps even fix them, in rocket’s name.”

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 1:44:11 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

Elisabeth nodded, lips pursed as she considered the implications of Lulu's statements. "I agree. Strange happenings seem to only occur more by the day." Distortions, Pokerus, Illumina, meteors... The list was long enough, and she'd only been in the region for the span of several months.

The increase in abundance in infinity energy made sense, as well. The crystalline flowers multiplied with alarming frequency, and to Elisabeth's knowledge, there was no reporting of them truly wilting as of yet.

Whatever was causing them to flourish into existence, its influence was rapidly expanding over the region, not dwindling.

"Then we are proposing the possibility of using the flowers as a conduit." The question was rhetorical, a single lifted eyebrow asking for Lulu to confirm the assumption.

Risks that would be inherent in using an Illumina Pokemon for this method would be nonexistent with crystablooms; if they couldn't withstand the energy, the cost was only a few shattered flowers.

Elisabeth stared at the Houndoom at Lulu's heels for a moment, before returning her gaze to the dog's mistress. "Should we be able to harness the infinity energy, do we have a goal for its direction in mind?"

That knowledge was, so to speak, currently above her paygrade. But not above Lulu's.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 4:17:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

lulu’s eyebrow raised back. using the crystabloom as a safe channel for infinity energy was an intriguing idea. how much could a flower take before it was overpowered? how did their resilience hold up to the generator, and what notes could they take from its natural design?[break][break]

after a moment of consideration, she nodded. ”not just a conduit, but a source.” and they had plenty of it. [break][break]

did they have a goal for it? lulu, personally, had too many to count. infinity energy had given her a breakthrough in her career. it was what she knew best, and she had faith that with it, rocket would be unstoppable.[break][break]

”of course. they will power our trips to space, and beyond; to other worlds.” [break][break]

she was unable to keep the small smile from her face at what was to come. meanwhile, gorgo the houndoom stared back up at elisabeth, quiet and patient. her sharp, ever-alert red eyes left the woman eventually to follow others working around the room.[break][break]

”actually, that brings me to my next question: in your opinion, how long might these flowers retain their energy after being removed from hoenn’s soil?”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 4:53:01 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

Well that was a question, wasn't it? The florist didn't have a precise answer for how long the energy might last in the flowers, but she had enough context to wonder at one.

"For each individual flower? It depends I suppose on the environment you are transporting them to. If you can mimic the conditions that sustain plantlife, it doesn't matter if you've removed it from the region where it was born -- it can flourish in a vase, a pot, even germinating in a test tube. If the flowers are themselves a source of energy, like the Illumina Pokemon, then I can't imagine they'd lose the energy that they themselves produced if kept in such ideal conditions. No more than a Pokemon would lose their Illumina energy by walking into another room."

That led to another topic in Elisabeth's mind, however -- how long they'd survive a sudden influx of energy. And her verdict here was likewise a positive one.

"You'd be surprised how well many plants survive an increase in radiation. Sunflowers, for example, are quite adept at absorbing toxicity from soil in the wake of chemical disasters. Since plants are immobile organisms, they are remarkably hardier when it comes to their environment compared to most fauna. Although I am not certain how long the crystal at their centre would endure a sudden spike in energy levels."

A finger clacked against a budding crystal heart as Elisabeth stared at it with a tiny frown. "Though on that subject... And mind you, this is all conjecture..."

This was a rather off-the-wall theory, but it was something she couldn't shake since seeing the peculiar anatomy of the flowers. "I wonder if an influx of energy might produce more crystablooms."

Her Misdreavus leaned closer as Elisabeth spoke, the ghost's large eyes magnified in the facets of the jewelled centre.

"Most flowers reproduce with pollination. Butterfly Pokemon transfer pollen to the stigma, the wind bears released seeds to fertile ground, and so on and so forth. However, the feminine parts of this flower -- the stigma and the pistil -- are crystalline, rather than plantlike in nature. Which makes me wonder if it is the transfer of energy through this crystal that guides their reproduction."

This led to a few interesting possibilities, in Elisabeth's mind.

"Supposing that the first of these began as regular native flowers, and then the abundant energy from the space distortions altered them through a sort of perverse method of cross-pollination. It would be a strange enough mutation to be visible in a few initial places, certainly, but for it to spread this widely and this uniformly... That mutation would have to seed very rapidly after initially manifesting, I think. So if the means of that reproduction is itself energy-based, then the increase in energy naturally would hasten its occurrence in such a manner."

Saying it all aloud, it sounded like some absurd conspiracy theory, and Elisabeth attempted to mask any self-doubt with calm composure. The botanist preferred to deal in grounded facts and predictable plant cycles; experimentation was something she saved for testing the effect of her poisons, but not so much for determining the hazy vagueries of 'why' something happened the way it did.

"So as we increase the energy, we might be causing the reproduction of crystablooms, unintentionally. If this theory holds. Although I do not presume a laboratory will foster the germination of such flowers, but... it might be wise to consider it as a possibility."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 8:50:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

being that there had been such rapid fluctuations in energy, she had doubts that hoenn’s dirt itself could retain the energy on its own in any substantial amount—but it was possible. how did mega stones form, after all?[break][break]

lulu listened, attentive, absorbing what she could understand, while inwardly turning over different theories of her own. while elisabeth’s idea of crystabloom reproduction was very intriguing, it still raised some concerns. [break][break]

“if additional infinity energy were needed to propagate them, that could make them unfortunately unsustainable when their purpose to us is that energy; however, if prompting reproduction with the infinity energy from mega stones were to result in a greater output of crystablooms, it could still be greatly beneficial to us...” she paused. “it's a very interesting theory. keep at it.”[break][break]

lingering with another curious moment of silence, she then revisited the prior topic.[break][break]

“and what about the soil? infinity energy in the ground does not seem to stay at a constant level—although i won’t rule out that our readings could be inaccurate due to other phenomena. would the soil lose its radiation eventually, and perhaps in turn, then, its fertileness?”

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 22:59:56 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

Speculating like this felt like building sandcastles, somehow: each block of theory liable to be washed away by an unexpected tide of as-yet-unknown knowledge. One wrong assumption, and the entirety of the whole concept came crashing down.

"It might be as simple as the energy is a necessary component to making the environment amenable to their flourishing, anyhow. We haven't seen reports of the flowers existing before these distortions, and it seems to be the most significant deviation from the norm."

If the energy fluctuated in the soil, as the device readings indicated, then it did suggest a poor prediction for future crystabloom growth long-term. If the environment necessary for their flourishing couldn't be kept stable, then the flowers were liable to lose the energy that made them so prized by scientists like .

"Unfortunately, I do think you're right. If the soil cannot be kept at the necessary energy levels to allow for the crystablooms to grow, then I suspect they'd be unable to be reproduced as a species. So if something stopped the distortions from occurring, we might see less of them present, or none at all. Which is a shame."

Mega Stones were an interesting component she had not considered, however.

"Do you think we could utilize the inherent energy in the Mega Stones to mimic a sort of similar phenomena to the distortions, then? The effects of that on the crystablooms would be interesting to study, and might provide some answers."

For example, if they could seed their own crystablooms independently. It was unlikely to work so well, given how limited a source it was in comparison, but it still intrigued her to consider the possibility aloud.

"As it happens," Elisabeth continued, this time bringing her attention to a digital clock that sat on the counter, "I believe the testing results for the distortion-affected soil you requested should be arriving soon. One of the lower labs has been working on it as we speak."

The request included the results for two samples in total: soil affected during a space distortion, and the state of that soil post-distortion.

Uncannily, as if on cue, a knock on the door interrupted the discussion.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 4:40:04 GMT
shiv Avatar

JAGGED PETALS

SCARLET X LULU

THE SOIL SAMPLES ARRIVE. Unfortunately, the mid-distortion soil sample comes as photographs and reports, for the phenomena it exhibits is only present during a distortion. After a distortion disappears, it reverts back to "normal."

When comparing the two, they would find that MID-DISTORTION SOIL seems to carry all kinds of different organic material, the sources of which are unknown. Although there are no new discoveries of never before seen elements or metals, the documented sample reveals diverse biomaterials that do not necessarily coexist together naturally.

In contrast, the POST-DISTORTION SOIL reveals what one would find with normal Hoennian soil from the location of its recovery.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 2:10:18 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

Some theories were dashed against the rocks with the discovery, while others began to bud with new revelation.

First: the distortions themselves seemed to produce the fleeting prerequisites for the budding of the crystablooms, and that phenomena only lasted so long as the distortion itself. The environment could seemingly not be maintained afterwards.

Second: The exact means of that environment were difficult to label, with a diversity of biomaterials that would be nigh-impossible to mimic without, essentially, bottling the effect of the distortion itself.

Third: It had already been established that crystablooms themselves were sources of infinity energy. Perhaps more notable than the fact that the soil lost its energy was that the flowers which manifested in the wake of the distortions, in contrast, retained energy.

"This does suggest the flowers themselves need energy to initially seed, but not to eventually grow and flourish." But in what way? Were they spontaneous mutations of native flora that all somehow achieved uniformity across all of Hoenn? Was it transferring seeds from one place to the other the way that the distortions themselves could transfer Pokémon?

"It's such a brief window of opportunity. It is frustrating that we know so little about what occurs during the distortions, and the exact way these changes affect the flora. What do you make of it?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 3:01:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”using the mega stones to try and create distortions could be a very rewarding venture… however expensive…” mega stones were still fairly rare, after all, and with readings to help them gauge when the distortions might occur naturally, lulu figured following them and taking advantage of such already-occurring phenomena might’ve been the way to go.[break][break]

then, the soil samples came, and following their explanation, lulu was clearly deep in thought. [break][break]

”this is quite a discovery.”[break][break]

another moment, and she sighed lightly. she rarely appeared overwhelmed, but it was difficult to hide the surprise, and the weight of such findings in her eyes. [break][break]

”if i am understanding correctly, i would theorize that these space-time distortions are not only a way through time, but perhaps a culmination of multiple timelines and places ‘patchworked’ together, so to speak.” which was difficult to wrap the mind around, really—and also vaguely terrifying. again, she recalled her memory of dialga. [break][break]

”different worlds, perhaps.”[break][break]

was hoenn’s pull on the multiverse so great that whole other worlds were being pulled into their own, simultaneously? were these collisions on a different plane, like a meteor shower? like meteno?[break][break]

they were getting hit, over and over. perhaps these worlds were dying, and they were merely glimpsing final moments, apocalypses so frequent that they simply ran together. [break][break]

was it the tree’s appetite? was that where all of the energy was coming from? [break][break]

fuck.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 1:06:38 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
L’éxperience
[break][break]
[break]

"...Huh. Do you suppose it's an invasive species from another timeline or universe, then?"

This would be a bit more worrisome than finding a strain of kudzu running rampant. Bioterrorism? Or just random acts of chaos?

Elisabeth turned to one of the potted crystablooms thoughtfully. What was the tie to the infinity energy, exactly? How far did those roots go? (She smiled inwardly at her little pun, not quite brave enough to voice it aloud in front of such an esteemed Head Scientist.)

"I'm curious about testing one of your earlier questions. How long the energy lasts in the flower. And where it is stored, for that matter."

One gloved hand took a pair of sanitized scissors from the counter, while the other gripped the glowing flower by the stem, pulling it to expose the roots. Then, without warning, she snipped the roots from the crystabloom.

"Let's test the amount of infinity energy after the crystabloom is severed from its roots," she said, an impish smile on her lips. "And a few other things, just for good measure."

A second specimen was procured, this time its heart of crystal plucked and removed, but the roots remaining intact in the pot. The removed crystal was placed in an empty container on its own.

"Now. How much infinity energy is in a rootless crystabloom, a crystal-less crystabloom, and the crystal heart of a crystabloom, respectively?" she asked, getting one of the detectors that herself had procured for the laboratory and testing each subject.

Where was the energy stored in crystablooms, exactly? And for that matter, would the detector pick up any radioactive energy from the flowers, either?

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 0:04:56 GMT
shiv Avatar

JAGGED PETALS

elisabeth x lulu

After testing the Crystabloom specimens, the following results are revealed:

1. The roots do contain traces of Infinity Energy. Like water, these roots appear to siphon Infinity Energy in some way.

2. The Crystabloom with the removed crystal heart possesses little Infinity Energy in its leaves or petals.

3. The Crystal Heart of the Crystabloom contains the most Infinity Energy. However, the energy appears to be fading over time.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Jagged Petals [M, EE]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 10:46:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”i believe it’s a possibility.”[break][break]

lulu watched as she removed one of the blooms from its pot. she made no move to halt her as elisabeth cut the roots. instead, she was merely curious about the results. it wasn’t only that the crystablooms were plentiful, but that the minutes she’d spent with this woman had garnered the respect to sit back and merely absorb.[break][break]

the results that were returned to them were less than what she’d hoped for.[break][break]

”well, that is terribly disappointing,” she sighed, staring over the rest of the blooms they’d gathered in the greenhouse. [break][break]

”no matter. we will carry on with our studies. i suppose my next question is this: why is it that these flowers seem to hold so much energy? what is the purpose of it?”