3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
[Race Day] MAUVILLE BAY | Drift Waterway
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 17:47:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Much to Eva’s surprise. Yes, absolute, shocking surprise, she and Torpedo seemed to be climbing up the ranks as they passed a few other pokemon and riders once their Aqua Jets burnt out. The Barraskewda’s AGILITY was still going strong. And with an AQUA JET in the arsenal for the last lap, they had a good chance at scoring towards the top.

[break][break]

“Alright, Torpedo! Let’s do this!” she pumped a fist in the air and the fish wiggled beneath her feet. He also seemed just as excited as Eva about the prospect of not finishing last like they expected to. All they had to do was not fuck up too bad.

[break][break]

Despite the pressure of the final lap, Eva holds the Aqua Jet back. Not yet. Wait for it.

[break][break]

She leans to take the first few turns as they had the previous two laps, keeping a steady pace through the wider ones in preparation for the straight away. Once Torpedo straightens out, she crouches down to maximize their aerodynamics, “Now!” she shouts.

[break][break]

The Barraskewda shoots forward, AQUA JET propelling them at even higher speeds down the straight away.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break][break]

VIE22wNy

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 19:57:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The white flag waved, whitewater left in the wakes of the participating teams of rider and Pokémon as they zoomed past the starting arch. Having gone around the track twice already, Josh was comfortable and confident in his drift timing. He was a little startled by a Sharpedo screech that was not his own, an onsite medical team responding to a harsh wipeout at the trough of the first U-turn after the arch. An extremely late drift had caused one of the teams to slam into and scrape one of the outer barricades marking course bounds. It looked like both of them might be hurt, from what little Josh could glimpse as he raced past them and a couple of other competitors.

He slowly made up ground through the remainder of the curves, getting in front of a Lapras and a Dewgong, now fighting with a Swampert in a close battle for 14th place coming out of the third consecutive U-turn. Suddenly the middle of the pack didn't look so out of reach! On the straightaway leading to the course's deadly backstretch chicane, Josh took his dominant hand off the reins to gently pat Snacker's head on a job well done.

Snacker's rider briefly tilted his head to look at the scoreboard, and noticed Eva was in first place! On the starting line, she had claimed she had never raced before. Yet she was leading a Silver-Class race with just one sharp turn leading to the home stretch! Either she was a good liar, or Josh needed to get a Barraskewda on his team, because could they ever put on some speed. Or both.
piwbE9Hz

{WC: 275}
{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good

LAP      3/3      POS        15/18
ENERGY   52%      TIME   01'52"462
              LAP TIME 1 00'50"335
                       2 00'41"924
                       3 00'20"203
                         +  02"062
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 16:01:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva can see the appeal of racing. It’s quite the thrill! Eva barely notices she’s passed the first place rider to take it for her own as she finishes the straight away. Her hear tis ponding in her ears and her legs quiver in both excitement and exhaustion. She can feel the way the Torpedo flexes beneath her feet that he’s running low on steam, “Just a little bit more buddy,” and no mistakes.

[break][break]

With the sharpest turn coming up before the home stretch, Eva angles her pokemon to barely get in front of second place, effectively boxing them to make sure they can’t scoot around her on the turn. She crouches, prepares, leans and steadily guides Torpedo through the dangerous curves towards the finish line.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break][break]

DW6WWWnf

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 22:24:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was punished for his complacency; while he didn't completely crash Snacker in the chicane, his mount's fins scraped the inner wall, then the outer wall from the trainer's timing being ever so slightly off. He grumbled; that was not his Sharpedo's mistake. He had no one to blame but himself as the competition he was battling with for 14th place whizzed by him.

It wasn't too late for him to make that ground back up, though; the final straightaway leading to the finish line, where the official was waving the checkered flag, remained. If Snacker was good at one thing, it was burst speed. "Let's finish strong, buddy! AQUA JET!" The popping noise of his Pokémon's water-type speed burst wasn't the only one; much like the start of the second lap, every other Pokémon whose trainer was smart enough to save some of its stamina for a big push at the end was doing so.

The big wakes coming from the Pokémon up front was making the course quite choppy. Thankfully, Eva wasn't one to have to worry about that! Torpedo's propeller-like tail gave the swift fish almost unparalleled control, and it was paying off in a big way. She may have been able to hear her rather loud section of the gallery chanting her name, looking like she was about to win the race entirely!

Vl90SgTO

{WC: 230}
{PC: 9}

Snacker       Sharpedo       Fair

LAP      3/3      POS        17/18
ENERGY   47%      TIME   02'03"287
              LAP TIME 1 00'50"335
                       2 00'41"924
                       3 00'31"028
                         +  02"637
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 22:39:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva and Torpedo came flying around the turns with little problem. There’s was a bit of a hiccup on the first sharp curve but Torpedo was quick to adjust an Eva hung on tightly enough to keep her balance. The finish line was just ahead. With second place hot on their heels they needed to keep up the speed all the way through the finish line, “Bring us home, Torpedo!” she cheered, ushering the pokemon faster down the straight way and straight through the finish line. It would be a close cut, but hopefully Eva and her Barraskewda came out on top.

[break][break]

Once safely over the finish line, the pokemon starts to slow down, and when he stops, Eva jumps off his back to join him in the water, “Great work, Buddy!” she looks back at the scoreboard to see the final results.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break][break]

Y1eNtHo7

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 5:24:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

The race was close enough at the end that Josh could see almost the entire field that was in front of him as the popping sounds of AQUA JETs and other swift Pokémon moves blanketed the home stretch. The crowd in the stands went into a booming, almost violent chant of Eva's name immediately after the race finished. Josh resisted the temptation to check the standings until Snacker had crossed the finish line, barely edging out a lithe Kantonian female and her Dewgong for...15th place.

Though he was disappointed in his own finish, he was happy to hear Eva was getting so much support. And she deserved it too! She claimed this was her first time racing, and she won! In quite the competitive field at that, too! Some of the racers toward the top were on the cusp of turning semi-pro, and she had held every single one of them off. The last lap in general would be something he would have to watch back.

Though Josh wished he could have been on the platform with the top six, it would be something to look forward to. The race's MC announced the names of the sixth through fourth place finishers, handing them translucent, blue plaques for their efforts. He then made his way behind those three to the podium finishers. "Finishing in third place with a time of 2 minutes, 9 seconds, and 772 decimals, Mandy Spring and her Eelektross!" She hoisted the Bronze Plaque above her head, the large platform underneath her rising to twice her height. There was even a pool, labeled with a blue numeral 3, to accommodate and showcase her Eelektross for all to see.

"Coming in second place, with a time of 2 minutes, 9 seconds, and 432 decimals, Raye Higgins and her Dragonair!" Seeing a Dragonair take second made Josh wonder how Resheph had performed. Then again, she was also on the cusp of punching her ticket to the semi-pro Gold Class. The Dragonair let out a coo, his wings beating rapidly as his trainer held the Silver Plaque above her head. The platform beneath her rose to around three times her height, its pool labeled with a green numeral 2.

"And coming in first place, with a time of 2 minutes, 9 seconds, and 330 decimals, give it up for Dr. and TORPEDO, her Barraskewda!" The crowd erupted into another loud, almost violent chant of Eva's name as the MC left the Gold Trophy on her center platform, which would rise to four times her height on cue.

Once the award ceremony was over and the crowd started to clear out, a television interviewer approached Eva back on the Hoenn mainland. "Hi, my name is Jody Summers, and I'm a professional Pokémon racer that also does coverage for PSPN. Congratulations on your win. Can I get a few minutes of your time to do a short interview?"

{WC: 489}
{PC: 10}

Snacker       Sharpedo       Poor
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 16:45:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Wow. First place?! Eva couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Her name, alongside Torpedo’s was blinking enthusiastically at the top of the score board, “Way to go, buddy! Look, that’s us!” she turns the Barraskewda to point at the standings. Sure enough, their names were on top. The pokemon could really care less. He was in it for the race. Rarely, was Eva able to take the Barraskewda out and really open him up.

[break][break]

The rest of it goes by in a blur. Handshakes, congratulations, and the constant buzz of her name ringing in her ears. It was all quite exhilarating! No wonder her mother loved this! Though, she did land based racing, not so much air or water.

[break][break]

Before she’s distracted by questions from the reporter, she finds in the crowd, shooting him a thumbs up in a job well done.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 6:41:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: