awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
ayy, mareanie, don't you be a meanie [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 7:51:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar

"Didn't think you still made time for these sorts of things." Upon realizing it was Matias that'd be helping with today's rescue of Pacifidlog and it's Corsola, there was a greater sense of urgency to the task. Maybe he really enjoyed this place, or knew someone from here? It was a mystery that'd remain just that, unless the Silph decided to open up all on his own. Derek didn't want to pry. "Thanks again for having my back at the..."

As Derek looks around, the people around them were definitely eavesdropping. If not as a whole, then a select few. A member of the Elite Four was making a public appearance, after all. The gym leader was reluctant to drop a verbal bomb about the hyper-dimensional portal that allowed some Sea-Hoenn natives to invade. "Well, you know what I mean."

Staring out over the water's edge, there is obvious curiosity in his gaze. If memory served him right, Derek had yet to see a Mareanie before. "Should I be worried about these things? Are you?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 7:50:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"...at the?"[break][break]

matias holds it for perhaps longer than he should before chuckling. he reaches over to give derek a friendly pat on his back.[break][break]

"just kidding. yeah, no problem."[break][break]

it was just another day in the office for him.[break][break]

following derek's gaze out, he shakes his head.[break][break]

"i'm not a ranger but from my experience, we should be fine. just zap 'em away, or something like that."[break][break]

and after a moment, he raises a question of his own, genuinely curious.[break][break]

"how have you been, derek?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 10:35:12 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
The reassurance was comforting, especially since Derek ended up passing out and needed to be carried. His jaw still showed hairline fractures, but the gym leader was fortunate enough that nothing else came of it all. Well, besides the extra bit of humility he suffered after waking up to realize how he'd been saved by the Silph.

Derek's attention snaps back to the task at hand at the mention of zapping them, or something. "Yeah. Should be a piece of cake then." For Derek, sure, but especially for Matias. Speaking of which, he'd finally asked a question.

"I guess, all things considered..." Derek drones on, probably overthinking the answer because of the company he's in. But more than that, because of everything that's taken place between today and the last time they met.

And somehow Sea-Hoenn was at the bottom of the list.

"It's been a little rough, I suppose. Lots of unexpected, let's call them complications." From the deaths of his pokemon, or even the barrier trapping everyone in the region... They were hard pills to swallow.

"I'm optimistic as always, but it'd be nice if something good would finally happen." That reminded him, had messaged all the gym leaders in a group chat. "By the way, have you heard of the splashfest yet?"
| MISSION 2 of 5
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 3:04:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"complications, ha. tell me about it."[break][break]

from friendships being ripped apart to the temporary suspesion of his elite four status, it's safe to say he's had his share of complications. derek would know little of this, of course.[break][break]

he shrugs his backpack to the front before unzipping it to rummage through in search of a particular pokeball.[break][break]

met with a question, he looks up and shakes his head.[break][break]

"the splashfest?"

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 15:50:49 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Seems they both had some not-so-fun stuff going on.

Although Matias being unaware of the event had Derek worried if he wasn't supposed to say anything about it. But since he brought it up already....

"Yeah, a bunch of us gym leaders got a group message asking us to volunteer for some stuff." Being vague on purpose, he approaches the water and lets out both his Gyarados, as well as a Starmie. "Should be taking place pretty soon, I think."

Matias wasn't the type to get his hopes up for such a thing, was he? It'd be pretty bad for his reputation if Derek told him about this and it ended up being a total bust. "Anyway, we should probably get down there." Taking hold of his pokemon, they plunged down into the depths in search of the Corsola. It didn't take very long after that to spot the Mareanie getting ready to swarm the reef the little pink guys inhabited.

Erecting a LIGHT SCREEN around the Corsola as a makeshift barrier, Derek and his Starmie position themselves in front of it while observing the Mareanie army's approach. A series of SCALE SHOT made by the Gyarados impeded their march, buying some time for the Starmie to go on the offensive. Assuming Matias didn't manage to deal with them all first, anyway.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 8:07:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nice! that sounds fun."[break][break]

a small part of him has fomo about not being invited into the group chat. briefly, he wonders if the elite four have one. if they do, he's likely not in it after what happened with .[break][break]

sticking the rebreather into his mouth, he plunges after derek and reaches out for his gyarados. with a firm hand on the water-type's back, they descend.[break][break]

even from afar, gyarados summons a WHIRLPOOL that wraps around the mareanie, hindering their approach and allowing derek's starmie to sweep them up.[break][break]

much to their surprise, matias plays the role of support today.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 13:22:47 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Given ample time, the two may be surprised that a regiment of Corsola have joined them in this battle. Assembling in a line formation, they launch a series of their POWER GEM attacks towards the invasive Mareanie species.

Just as well, the Starmie launches a large wave of it's PSYCHIC energy, traumatizing the Mareanie who were already stunned by the dazzling attack on them just prior. Many had decided to run, or fainted, either of which being sucked up into the WHIRLPOOL and sent somewhere far, far away. Where they couldn't bring harm to the Corsola, or Pacifidlog.

The select few that endured beyond such measures found themselves suffering at the hand of Derek's Gyarados, who would LASH OUT at any who thought they could still win this battle. When all was said and done, Derek patted the wild Corsola as thanks and went to the surface for some real air.

"Say, Matias." He asks towards today's partner once they've also breached the top of the water. "Melody has her idol thing, Kyle is a dog enthusiast and Katherine is, well..." Obviously she was an intellectual, but that isn't exactly the part that stood out. And then there was Matias. Matias Silph. "So what exactly is your thing?"
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 6:59:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

when all is said and done, they ascend only to break through the surface a few moments later. he spits out the respirator, happy to be taking in a breath of fresh air.[break][break]

at derek's question, matias could not help but finish the thought on what is.[break][break]

"...mean? yeah, sounds like her."[break][break]

but after a chuckle, he considers it carefully before coming to a logical answer. it's one he would've been annoyed by months ago but now?[break][break]

"i'm a silph. that means something here, i've found."

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 14:49:40 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well, kinda... But what's it mean to you?"

Matias didn't exactly seem to carry himself like a businessman. His demeanor was generic, like a normal person. was always a staunch wearer of the resting bitch face. Always looking tired... Often of someone, or something. The way he spoke sometimes had a way of reflecting that, intentional or not.

"For Fernando it's kind of his whole brand. But you don't exactly carry around the same company executive vibe as he does." Which gives the impression Matias wasn't affiliated with Silph Co. much at all. Or he just didn't advertise it like his kin.

"Sorry to pry so much. It's just one of the things I wonder about with all you elite four types." Something that brought them down to earth. Made them seem normal. After Matias had a moment to consider, or even answer, Derek gestured with a two finger salute to take his leave. "See ya again sometime."

THREAD EXIT
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 4:06:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

company executive. imagine matias in a suit! he could never.[break][break]

"nah. the business is his and rightly so."[break][break]

for all of his distaste towards his brother, even he has to admit that there is no better person to run silph co than himself.[break][break]

but so comes an end to their interaction today.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 8:40:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: