363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
THE MAINSTAGE (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 3:05:36 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
the lyrics of teravolt were rebellious in her ears, playing back on the speakers as she left in the other direction.

the feeling they inspired in her was a reminder of her inner conflict, and the rage and need for vengeance that pulled on her in one direction, for right or wrong. as many times as she’d been told to leave war behind for her daughter, she harbored resentment. defiance. her purpose had always been to fight for the greater good. to leave that purpose behind for another felt too selfish. it felt like a betrayal to the spirits of her dead unit. it felt utterly wrong.

delta would perhaps grow up too quickly. the latchkey kid of a single parent, left to discover much of the world herself in these days as more time passed from their run-in with . despite criticisms, like ’s, sage would not shirk the duties she had already once left behind. she would not be tamed to raise the one to perfection while abandoning her promise to raise up the whole. she would do her best at both, and if it wasn’t good enough… at least she could say she tried. 

words resonated differently to everyone, maybe.

mainstage / referencing teravolt's lyrics
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 3:17:23 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

he noticed before ollie noticed him, and he was grinning. bo was more subdued at these kinds of things, but he was hardly uncomfortable. he was just here to find his brothers, really.

”hey! just a minute ago. looking for my little brothers, actually.”

did ollie know them? bo wasn’t sure. it was a pretty small world, though, as it was proven time and time again in hoenn.

teravolt’s lyrics ran through his mind. were they political, maybe? they had a punk vibe. he could dig it, but also felt conflicted. it was a reminder of how divided everything was. it was weird to feel like there was no right side to be on. anger and frustration definitely felt justifiable, not that he was in any position to express it.
mainstage / reference teravolt's lyrics
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 3:37:31 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olivertop"]
[attr="class","oliver"]"your little brothers? ooh! what are they like?"

[break][break] ollie sometimes wondered what it would've been like if was a little brother instead of a little sister. would he still be as protective of her?

[break][break] "my lil sis is around here somewhere too. , heard of her?"

[break][break] he grins cheekily, grabbing a drink to bypass the time. ollie looks around as people party around them, looking for someone that looked vaguely of .

[break][break] "are they tall, dark and handsome like you?" he says, taking a swig of his beer.

[break][break] if there's any way to cope to the end of the world, it's drinking and flirting with your friends.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] x1 crown - coping

[newclass=".oliver"]--accent:#FEAE4A; } .oliver { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .oliver .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".olivertop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FEAE4A;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
we survive only by our nature
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 4:30:20 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar

’s speech had been the opener she was there to hear, rather than the music that followed—although she’d stayed for that too.

while she didn’t agree with the league’s strategy, she had not let this be known yet. in fact, she had never spoken with the commissioner. it was something she was working up to, although figuring out what she mgiht say was still something she was mulling over. aspirations of becoming part of hoenn’s government came with a desire for change, but the more time went on, the more she realized the complexities of hoenn’s situation.

she was glad that the commissioner supported such an event. the region needed it in times like these. that, at least, she could get behind. for the rest, she didn’t know where she stood, but she imagined as things unfolded, she would find her ground to hold. until then, she would watch and do what was needed of her.

mainstage / reacting to dahlia's speech

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 15:28:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

giv shard

As quickly as it had come it had gone, prompting a relieved sigh out of Doug as he returned his pokemon to their balls and dismissed a few of the soldiers who had risen to the occassion.

"Thanks for the help, guys! Sorry 'bout yer vacations." He said to them as he waved his goodbyes, watching them disperse into the crowd before turning back to the stage.

Oh, the show was already back on track. Professionals!

Still not his type of music, but...

"... You like 'em in submission, but all you give is ammunition..." He mumbled to himself lowly.

He could certainly get behind the meaning of the lyrics at least.

tl;dr
-Hell yeah revolution song :clap:
-Singing lyrics! +1 Crown

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
679 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 18:24:38 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she lingered at the outermost edge of the concert venue. after the commissioner’s speech, she’d witnessed the disgust of the crowd, but been too enthralled by the music to care. now, in the wake of the latest distortion, her high was gone. as she left in the other direction, before the music picked back up, conversations from the sparser crowd were more obvious to the passing ear.

they were angry, scared, resentful, shocked, mortified.

was a murderer. no, she was a shameless genocidal killer, and this whole thing was wrong. nina regretted dancing. why was she even here at all?

it was like a haze was clearing, so she could really see it everything she'd accepted in front of her, crisp with ugly details. corruption disguised as necessity.

she’d been trying to enjoy herself here, to just believe in what the league had decided was best for them. to swallow concern and cope, but it was all there. the worry, the fear, the shock, the freshly budding resentment. she left early to go and feel it.

mainstage / coping prompt
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,392 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 2:44:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
coping. maybe that’s what this was, the reason she was here at all. a good time with before they had to hold their breath and cross their fingers and hope they were alive on the other side of tragedy.

it was too easy to slip into reminders that it was happening when she stepped away from him. as the distortion faded back to the concert and the audience returned to their celebrating in remarkably resilient hoennian fashion, she turned her back to go find the underboss. maybe she could drag him away early for a nice dinner after so much day-drinking.
mainstage / incorporated coping
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:10:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
his lips form a thin line, already having coped with the situation many times before.
[break][break]
"to be honest - not really sure. just another thing to add to the list of hoenn's... interesting things." he turns to , turning his frown into a small smile.
[break][break]
"anyways, it was nice to meet you." when his arcanine returns, it's very, very differenet. sighing, he waves in her direction, chastizing the fire-type t he entire walk out of the area.
[attr="class","notes"] + crown

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:30:46 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

”they’re alright, i guess,” bo smiled, still looking through the crowd for and . ”i kinda love ‘em.”

and of course he’d heard of . who hadn’t, lately? she was brilliant.

”damn. dr. eva’s your sister?” briefly, he wondered if there was a similar brain lingering behind ’s happy-go-lucky eyes.

the compliment sent a dark blush across his face, and he didn’t have a beer in-hand to hide it. after missing a beat, he shook his head, flustered but still grinning. ”nah, just me.”

for most of his life, it had taken a lot for him to be attracted to someone. had claimed his heart a long time ago—but lately, as he was realizing it might be time to let go, more of these instances were occurring. he felt like a kid again, almost, rediscovering lost feelings. things forgotten about himself.

he had tried over the past three years. how much sand was left in hoenn’s hourglass? loneliness was no way to cope with the end of the world.

”hey, you wanna get a drink?”
mainstage / reference coping
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 7:07:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE MAINSTAGE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: AUGUST 31ST, 11:59PM PST
SUMMER FESTIVAL

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rebu7zvfhp1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Mewmore // Abandoned Ship (Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Remix)
[break][break]

ONE FINAL PERFORMANCE

ON THE LAST DAY OF SLATEPORT'S SPLASHFEST, the mainstage is set for the final set of acts. Entertainers of all kinds come to share passionate performances, contributing their talented legacy to may very well be their final summer. The final summer the Hoenn we know now will experience...[break][break]

An MC clutches his microphone, raising it to his lips as he excitedly announces the last act of Splashfest: "for our closing act, we have the pleasure of welcoming international idol, , to the stage!"[break][break]

The "Prince of Song" appears on the stage with a spectacular display of spark and flame. Quickly, the musicians on stage begin to play as the man's voice croons out toward the crowd.[break][break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/1015499124881240134/teefs.mp3[/player][break]

Some days, you're the only thing I know,[break]
Only thing that's burning when the nights grow cold.[break]
Can't look away, can't look away.[break]
Beg you to stay, beg you to stay, yeah.[break][break]

Sometimes, you're a stranger in my bed.[break]
Don't know if you love me or you want me dead.[break]
Push me away, push me away.[break]
Then beg me to stay, beg me to stay, yeah.[break][break]

Call me in the morning to apologize,[break]
Every little lie gives me butterflies.[break]
Something in the way you're looking through my eyes,[break]
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive.
[break]

AS THE LAST CHORD OF KLAUS' PERFORMANCE strums out toward the sparkling sea, the crowd erupts into applause. The idol returns backstage after relishing in the adoration of Hoenn's doomed citizens, for he must receive his fill while he's trapped within this region's walls.

SPLASHFEST ROYALTY

AFTER THE STAGE HAS BEEN CLEARED, the MC returns to the stage. Attendants follow him in, holding a curious number of crowns on plush pillows. Three headpieces rest, their metals and jewels catching the brilliant Hoenn sun.[break][break]

"we have tallied the amount of crowns distributed throughout slateport splashfest, and we are finally able to announce the winning monarchs of the summer!" The MC pulls out an ornate envelope from his pocket. After breaking the seal, he is careful to pluck the thick paper of the card from its confines. "the ultimate empress of slateport splashfest with 27 CROWNS is Elite Four !"[break][break]

Should she be present, gloved attendants usher her onto the stage to be crowned. A fanciful spectre is bestowed upon her as well, one that curiously resembles the design of SEA HOENN'S that Sea- wielded.[break][break]

"and with 25 CROWNS, and are your other slateport monarchs! congratulations!"

KATHERINE WINS:[break]

ADRIAN & SKYLER WIN:[break]

While adorns the ultimate crown, and receive smaller, yet ornate headpieces to adorn their heads. The audience cheers for their new monarchs of the surf— and as the sun begins to set in the glimmering horizon, another day passes toward 99943 Meteno's arrival.

LEADERBOARD
[break][break]
27 [break]
25 [break]
25 [break]
23 [break]
22 [break]
21 [break]
21 [break]
21 [break]
21 [break]
21 [break]