6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 22:14:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The road west of Fallarbor Town evoked a painful memory as Aslan cantered away from Meteor Falls' east entrance, with Josh astride him, toward the mountain city. He had returned from rescuing a young girl's Delcatty from a cave-in. She was headed in the direction of Rustboro, and felt comfortable on the road the rest of the way there once she was off the mountain. Therefore, the two split up and headed their own ways.

When the trail plateaued, Aslan suddenly stopped and let out a loud roar that made even the green-clothed Ranger flinch. It had to have echoed for miles. "Not so loud, Aslan! What's up?" Josh asked the fire-type. Indeed, Aslan's concern was what was above his head. The rider tilted his head upward and saw there were dark, billowing clouds coming. He pulled out his phone and checked Fallarbor's weather radar on RangerNet. There were just a few scattered showers in the area. Maybe the two would get a bit wet coming into town. Riding in the rain was often painful, depending on how heavy the rain was.

These clouds were way too dark to be just rain, though. This was one of two things; Josh hoped it was just a strong pop-up thunderstorm. The last time he had been in this neck of Hoenn, he got swept up in a Spacetime Distortion that nearly got him killed. Perhaps that was what Aslan was bellowing about. Twilight, the Absol that was running alongside the fire-type, simply shrugged. To her, whatever happened, happened. Worst case, he was much better prepared to defend himself in the event another Spacetime Distortion forming on top of him, Yagyu the Doublade rattling from her sheaths at Josh's hips.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Twilight      Absol          Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Yagyu         Doublade       Good

{WC: 287}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
Fears exist for a reason.
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 23:30:08 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
It wasn't often that Night left home without it having something to do with the club. No interviews with any hopeful servers or dancers, no running out to grab any emergency supplies that the building had—for some reason—abruptly run out of in the middle of the afternoon. No no, none of that.

Night was out here because of Phobos. Because the Malamar simply refused to settle down. It just had to drag him out and about in some strange pattern that the man didn't quite understand, but knew enough of the Squid Pokémon's tendencies to not question it. Not unless he wanted to explain to his husband why he would be coming home with marks from Phobos' suckers all over his face.

"Are you about ready to go back home yet, Phobos? We've been out here for hours." Night asked, sparing a glance up towards the steadily darkening sky. "The clouds are going to open up at any moment, and I'd rather not be stuck out here for it. You might be accustomed to the water, but I most certainly am n—" Though his words to the Pokemon who was—rather obviously—ignoring him were cut off, as a roar echoed across the plateau.

A Tremor within the bag at his side had Night shifting it forward to peer towards the sleepy Flapple within. Watching her head poke out from the flap to look around in obvious search of whatever had made that sound and dared wake her from her beauty rest! At the very least, some smudge of movement had him turning his attention back outwards and towards where Phobos had turned the whole of his attention in some attempt at a warning display; his 'arms' and tendrils fully extended with the vibrant pulses of the pattern atop his stomach.

It was only the years of familiarity the man possessed with the Malamar that had given some form of a meaning to the odd posture. 'I See a Possible Threat in That Direction!'. While he couldn't fully make out the form from such a distance, Night could at least recognize some splashes of color in vague enough shapes that he could... attempt to identify them.

Either that was someone atop a Pyroar with some kind of Alolan Ninetales, or an Absol beside them. That part was just a little unclear.

Of course, in the mind of keeping some sort of peace and making sure Phobos didn't just abruptly fire off an unnecessary attack. Night would raise the arm that wasn't preoccupied with soothing the grouchy Apple and give an exaggerated wave; an effort to beckon whomever that was closer.

Phobos - Malamar
Apple - Flapple
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 20:10:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A large, otherworldly-looking Pokémon caught Josh's attention shortly after he silently commanded Aslan to resume his canter. Twilight was quick to follow. He had never seen the species before, and it looked intimidating...what with its squid-like tentacle-arms and a black chest glowing with bright spots. The Ranger was fairly certain of one thing, though; this Pokémon was not wild. Of course, he could have been wrong, but something with that kind of body had to be aquatic, and they were quite far from any marine environment.

Twilight's horn-blade hardened, ready to strike at a moment's notice if things escalated. Josh got the confirmation he wanted when he saw what he could only presume was the Pokémon's trainer next to him, waving. He guided the big cat toward the duo, his Absol following a short distance behind. The young Ranger waved back to acknowledge he knew of the other's presence. When the two were close enough, he greeted them. "Need a hand getting back to Fallarbor?" he asked, hoping his Ranger uniform would help him gain the man's trust. "It looks like there's some pretty rotten weather on the way."

{WC: 193}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 20:45:08 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
It had taken a bit of effort to calm Phobos down once Night had noticed the group approach. His hand kept the Squid Pokémon's beak firmly shut before it could start caterwauling in protest at such actions and to make sure it wasn't about to try and lash out. As reckless as the Pokémon was, Night knew it wouldn't take a risk such as that if he were as close as he was.

He'd glance over as they drew near, mentally patting himself on the back for some correct identification of the Pokémon that the ranger...? had with him. Even if he hadn't quite noticed the sheaths at the man's hips that could only either be replicas of a Doublade. Or the actual Pokémon itself.

Only once he was certain that the Malamar had settled—as he had been waiting for the patterns on the Squid's body to stop pulsing—would Night allow his hand to fall from where he'd been keeping its mouth shut. "My Apologies, Phobos is rather unwelcoming towards strangers." Night would explain, adjusting the bag enough to keep Apple's small form from flying out. He'd just settled one problem he wasn't about to deal with another, Even if Phobos was still glaring at Josh.

"While our trip out here was fairly uneventful, the coming rain is likely to stir something up. If your offer is truthful, then I suppose we will accept it." Not to mention, Phobos would likely stop trying to delay the return to some type of town before the rain fell if there was someone the pokemon was unfamiliar with accompanying them.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 6:21:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Phobos?" Josh asked the stranger about his Pokémon. "I've never seen its species before." He was definitely a little intimidated by the Malamar's stare; if it wasn't so obvious that the Pokémon was under the care of a trainer, he would have sent out one of his own to try to scare it away, and wouldn't have been beyond knocking it out. "I've had a couple Pokémon that have taken their time in warming up to me, like Twilight here," he gestured toward the large Absol, who was still on edge from the Malamar staring threateningly at her trainer.

Josh snorted when he realized he forgot to introduce himself yet again! He had a bad habit of getting caught up in conversation without telling anyone who he was. If he was going to be a better Ranger, especially in the sub-field he wanted to go into, proper social skills would be important to have. "Name's Josh. I'm a Pokémon racer looking to turn pro hopefully next season. As you can see, I also do part-time Ranging for Mauville in the off-season, though I'm technically off duty at the moment. And this--" He stopped himself when he could have sworn he felt a raindrop, briefly flipping down his helmet's visor to see if any rain had fallen on the rim. Nope. Bone dry. He quickly flipped the visor back up.

"This is Aslan, one of my closest partners." The Pyroar let out a greeting purr that may have sounded intimidating to those who were not used to big cats. Even Josh felt it just by being atop the king lion. "There's room behind me or Twilight, if you want. We can get you back to Fallarbor a lot faster." Given both of them were wearing full riding tack, the two apex predators at least had to be well behaved.

{WC: 312}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 8:01:03 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
Ah, well. That certainly made sense. Night didn't expect anyone to be familiar with what Phobos was to begin with; he had long grown used to explaining it to curious passerby when the Malamar dragged him out for an exploration adventure.

"Phobos is a Malamar. Their species is commonly referred to as the 'Overturning Pokémon'" He'd explain, patient despite the much harsher thrashing from his bag. At least until a little green horn had managed to find the flap he was holding shut— and promptly poked upwards through it at a pace that it had the man's hand jolting upwards, giving the Flapple within enough space to wiggle her way out.

Where the dragon just. Kind of hovered there for a moment, mouth half opened as though it were about to start making a fuss of its own, before it had noticed Josh's presence. Instinct at least managed to keep it upright; the frantic little beats of its apple-skin wings having it bouncing in its spot with a curious look over the new arrivals to their company. Though at Aslan's greeting purr, the Flapple seemed to shake herself out of whatever stupor she'd been in momentarily to give a quieter chirrup of greeting in return towards the trio.

"You've met Phobos," A motion towards the Malamar again, who by this time had shifted his glare from Josh onto Twilight instead— "He gets a rise out of causing mischief, so it's best to ignore him." Night explained, ignoring the flail of a tentacle in his general direction to instead scoop the Flapple from the air and cradle her carefully in his arm. "And this one is Apple. Rather upset about her beauty sleep being interrupted a few moments ago." Again, the Flapple would give a quiet chirrup of greeting, this time at least in confirmation of her name.

"As for myself. My name is Night, though I am known to be referred to as 'Nightmare' if that is your fancy." While he'd look over the riding gear, Night would eventually give a shake of his head. "As kind of an offer as that is. I find it hard to trust a Pokémon I have not had extensive interaction with. They may be well behaved, but it does not take much for a signal to be missed and accidents to happen. I will be fine with walking all the way back."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 7:43:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KROKOROK APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PURRLOIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNBURDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CAPTIVATE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 0:43:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When Josh heard the Pokémon's name, he immedtaely thumbed over to RangerNet on his phone; the service had a Pokédex-like app on it that had links to all kinds of links within the government database. Much, but not all, of the information was public. "Phobos and Apple," he repeated the names. "This is my first time seeing either one of these Pokémon in person," he admitted. Other than Johto and Hoenn, he hadn't traveled too much, both of these Pokémon species being discovered in distant regions he never had the intention to visit. "I'm sorry, I didn't know," Josh empathetically apologized when Night referred to the tiny dragon being aroused from her nap.

When the stranger introduced himself as Night or Nightmare, it sent a chill down his spine. It had to be a nickname, and one that made Josh think twice about his decision to let the man sit astride his Absol. Even the dark-type herself was instantly on edge after the introduction, her horn-blade turning sharp as though she were about to strike. "Twilight, th-that's enough," the Pokémon's trainer stuttered. Thankfully for him, Night had made that decision for him. He recalled the Absol before things escalated more than they already had. "Understandable. It's just something courteous for Rangers to do, especially when there's weather coming." A big gust of wind blew across the mountain road. "We should get going, Night."

{WC: 238}
{PC: 4}

ooc note: This encounter is a pass for Josh.
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 1:36:42 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
Of course, the difference in the Absol was caught by Phobos— The Malamar fully straightening with a gurgling hiss escaping the squid's beak; a dangerous pulse of the pattern. "Phobos." Night's sharper tone had the Malamar pausing, shooting its own glare towards the man before ultimately backing down again, the light fading from the patterns along its body.

"My point." Well, at least he wasn't offended by the reaction. More amused than anything, even if he did have to abruptly stop the Malamar from retaliating at the Absols' tension. "Understandable, and respectable. But as it stands, walking will suffice." A flutter of movement from the corner of his eye had the man turning just so. Enough to watch Apple's curious prodding towards what had been a passing Krokorok— though now it just kind of stood there as if trying to figure out what the flying fruit was doing around it as the Flapple continued to bob about around its head.

"All is forgiven it seems, more interested in making friends as it is than holding a grudge." Well, if that was what Apple sought out as a companion, then who was he to deny the Flapple? If the Pokémon was amenable, then he'd not have Phobos shoo it off. "But you're correct. The weather only grows worse as it is, lead the way, Racer"

Attempting to catch Krokorok!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 8:28:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AUTOTOMIZE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD POOCHYENA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RATTLED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE KROKOROK!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 2:59:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Phobos and this Nightmare, while frightening, seemed close to one another, and were at least civil. It didn't make the psychic-type's presence any less unnerving for Josh, though. He seemed to be at least as polite, if not more so, than the Ranger was. The growl of a rather large Poochyena caught his attention; a Mightyena would make for quite the ride Pokémon. The canines were swift, but temperamental; even fitting them was a challenge for tanners. It would certainly be difficult to break the dark-type to the bridle. Given that he already had a ride Dark-type in the form of Twilight, was it worth it?

Yes.

Though there was weather approaching, Josh wasn't going to pass up this opportunity. He grabbed one of the Poké Balls hanging from his belt, flinging it toward the wild. From it emerged a mighty, roaring Charizard that was also wearing riding gear. Were all of Josh's Pokémon ride trained? Knowing his career, probably. "Ares, do what you do best!" That meant the fire-type was free to approach the battle how he wanted. Not holding a thing back, the orange pseudo-dragon raised his right claw and SLASHed in the wild's direction.

One loud yelp later, the poor Poochyena realized it was badly outmatched. It kicked up a small cloud of volcanic sand using SAND ATTACK to attempt to blind Ares. The wild had succeeded! Area was stumbling about as Josh felt a couple more raindrops. He wasn't going to let this one run away, though; as it was fleeing, the racer sidearm threw an empty Poké Ball toward the wild.

Provided the catch was successful, he would retrieve it and recall Ares. "Alright, sorry for the wait. Let's go." With that, he coaxed Aslan to match Night's speed, the Pyroar letting out a grumble as the first real raindrops started to fall.

{WC: 310}
{PC: 5}

Ares          Charizard      Blind

ooc note: Catching this Poochyena!
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 4:01:10 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
Curious, and oh so patient, Night would watch the confrontation. His hands neatly folded behind him as Phobos 'mimed' a similar action beside him; tentacles firmly settled and marginally twisting at the squid's back. Though an appraising eye would look over the sudden Charizard; taking in the sheer amount of riding gear that had been seen on just the three Pokémon he'd been shown so far.

"I take it all of your companions are well suited to riding?" Night would ask, only once Aries had been pulled back to its ball—blinded as it was by the sand the Poochyena had decided to kick up in a terror-fueled attempt to flee. Fair enough instincts, it seemed. Only turning to continue down the path Josh had started to lead once the ranger nudged Aslan into motion. A far more amused smirk gracing his face at the grumbling from the feline was heard.

The rumble of the ground had the man pausing marginally, just enough to get a glimpse over his shoulder towards the source—A steelix; whether it was drawn from the sound of the scuffle out of curiosity, or simply because there were people and Pokemon in a territory it claimed as it's own for too long and sought to chase them out, he wasn't sure. But he'd rather be safe than have to try and sprint away from a massive steel snake. "Phobos. Handle it." A pause to watch the Malamar's sharp turn towards the steel-type before he'd add in a quick "Gently. We're not out here to fight."

Even if it had a gurgling, clicking protest from the squid, it'd drift closer towards the Steelix instead; the patterns along its body beginning to glow and pulse a much slower frequency and color; drawing the attention of the Wild Pokémon from the rider and trainer and placing it upon itself instead. Allowing the Hypnosis to have an actual chance at taking effect

"I would avoid looking at him, he's likely to put you and your companion to sleep as well as the wild one." Night would advise; having turned away once Phobos had begun to approach the Steelix. "Unless you would rather have a nap in the rain." Was that an attempt at humor? yes. Yes it was.

OOC: Skipping this round!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 8:53:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOOMY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUDSDALE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROTOTILLER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE POOCHYENA!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 5:34:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"...Just about all of them," Josh smiled, letting go of Aslan's reins with his right hand and reaching for one of the two sheaths clinking about at waist level. He drew half of Yagyu, his Doublade, into his right hand. "Yagyu here is one of the few obvious exceptions." He twirled the longsword Pokémon around in his hand, so the steel-type's eye could face Night in greeting. She started rocking back and forth in her trainer's hand to do her best impression of a hand wave. "Any time I'm going somewhere dangerous, I don't leave without her. I took some martial arts classes when I was a lot younger, so I know how to use her. Not well, but passably. She's already saved my bacon a few times." A wild Mudsdale tromping about in the fresh rain was quick to back away when he saw the tall human with sword in hand pass by.

The warning to avoid locking gazes with Phobos was well-received but not needed; Josh was creeped out enough just looking at the Malamar from far away when he had first met Night. The remark about taking a nap in the rain did get a laugh out of the rider, the hiss of raindrops instantly evaporating upon touching the Pyroar's mane adding to the ambience. "You don't have to tell me that twice," he smiled. The rain wasn't heavy yet; if anything, it was a refreshing rain. It was the kind of rain farmers loved. The only one that wasn't enjoying the rain was Aslan, but the tall and proud lion was a tough one, continuing to walk alongside Night until they got back to Fallarbor Town.

{WC: 281}
{PC: 6}

Ares          Charizard      Blind
close tab

played by

Cadmium

Nightmare
He / Him
December 21
Mossdeep
Pluto-sexual
Club Owner
Civilian
Pluto Fürst
Married
0 height
0 height
awards
37 posts
Night Fürst DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cadmium
Night Fürst
Memories of Spacetime
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 2:48:19 GMT
Night Fürst Avatar
"Well, my assumption on that being an actual Doublade was right." Night hummed, nodding his head a bit as Josh spoke; Raising a hand marginally in response to the sword-pokemon's waving attempt. "Certainly seems friendly." Which wasn't a bad thing. Ghost pokemon had a hard enough time being accepted in public, at least the friendliness from the bladed pokemon could hopefully offset such a thing for her.

The Mudsdale was given a once over, though when it backed off, Night looked away. He didn't need to bring a horse home, Pluto might very well strangle him if he did. Even the little Goomy he'd barely picked out on a nearby rock that was bouncing a bit to the drizzling rain was given an appraising look; but ultimately lost his interest. As cute as the little slimy pokemon was, it would be far too much of a mess with the ones he already had at home.

It would be the eventual slap of something against the ground that alerted Night to Phobos' return. The Malamar making an effort to loudly broadcast its movements before settling on just hovering a few steps behind the group, keeping an obviously mistrustful eye on Josh and Aslan from its position.

"It is a lesson many seem to not understand. The number of people—young and not—who do not listen when warned of his hypnosis is... rather large and demand I force him to learn something else instead." The look Night would give back towards Phobos was... Odd. Almost curious, but somehow deeply resigned. "When the security hired at a club is found to be just as rotten as those who want to... play... with the dancers, why would I allow one of my best to lose his most pacifying ability?"

NOTE: Skipping this spawn round!