thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 17:05:10 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

the agenda is accepted, skimmed, and placed before him not long after. despite the mess their potluck turned out to be, and did a good job catching them up to speed.[break][break]

"we've started preparing the shelters in lilycove. there are some in the city itself, but we'll also be leveraging secret bases between lilycove and fortree."[break][break]

he looks around the room at his fellow captains.[break][break]

"we've estimated the total capacity to exceed lilycove's current population. we're able to help out should anyone need it. just give us a heads up."

[attr="class","ooc"]- offers shelter to other cities who might need it[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 21:23:09 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

There’s something to be appreciated about the way a pokémon as large as a Golurk can so gently pass someone something as delicate as a piece of paper. It’s the sort of thing Tam pays attention to (perhaps if only to distract himself from the sheer amount of people he barely knows that are currently gathered in this room).
[break][break]
The agenda also makes for a welcome distraction.
[break][break]
For the most part, it’s what he expects. ’s thorough plan for Slateport City has already been discussed and preparations have long since been underway. However, meetings like these are always necessary, even if only for the sake of regional coordination and in case someone were to mention something not everyone may have thought of.
[break][break]
”The evacuation plans account for general chaos in the streets, right? I mean, it won’t just be people panicking when the meteor gets closer.” It’s the pokémon. All the wild pokémon living within cities. All the ones at the outskirts of every town. Tam won’t assume people like didn’t think of that factor, but as a ranger, he still feels obligated to point it out.
[break][break]
”Eh... Basically, we know the primal points will disturb the local wildlife, but we don’t know how pokémon will react when the meteor comes. Most species have acute senses, that’s why they panic when earthquakes and other disasters are about to happen. Who knows, the meteor could also have some other effect.” He shrugs, mostly because he’d rather not call all this attention to himself. Such are his antisocial ways. Despite this, his expression is still as calm as ever. ”A bunch of panicking pokémon can become a problem and cause more damage and injuries. Figured it’d be something to keep in mind.”
[break][break]
Once he’s done talking, he goes back to looking at the agenda as if nothing had just happened. As if he expects them all to just continue the discussion.

[break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: center; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 10px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 12:44:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

the medic mindset

unfashionably late.

He's been searching for his matron. It has not been going well. Playing Hide and seek with an entire region as the stage was hard, as it turned out.

So focused he was on that, he had only realized he was late when his sergeants gave him a call.

He slips into the room as silently as he can manage, half-expecting one of the dozen massive Gargoyles standing about to smack hi across the room for his late arrival.

He doesn't get bitch slapped, but he keeps his mouth shut and takes whatever seat is both nearest and available anyway, hoping to go unnoticed as he settles down.
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 2:55:27 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
greetings passed. he received a pat on the back from , who sat across from him. ”how’s it goin’, vollans?” still not lance. never lance, maybe.

the golurks passed out their agendas, and he was soon reading through his stack along with the rest of them. much of it had already been touched on during the ranger meeting, but the focus on evacuation plans was helpful.

brought up a valid concern, for it had been bo’s own understanding that much of their focus would be on the pokémon for that exact reason. there was no point in him echoing that concern, so he waited for an answer, attention poised on the head scientist who had summoned them all there.
medic mindset
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 18:26:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he cracks an awkward smile with 's greeting. he raise a hand and gives a feeble wave in response to the friendliness, though no other word was uttered.

not like there was time. was quick to start the meeting.

his eyes remain on the sheet that displays the agenda while she explains the procedure that every city was to follow during the upcoming disaster. he listens to each word, eyes merely staring instead of reading words on the document handed to them.

legitimate concerns were prompted by . kyle keeps to himself as he observes how it was to be addressed, waiting more on how the meeting resolves itself before deciding to hop in with an inquiry of his own.

@tags
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 16:24:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"] tends to 's question with precision. the head scientist flashes a small, grateful smile to the head professor. between the two of them, it's difficult to believe they're anything less than prepared for what's to come.

after adds to the discussion, illeana interjects to add more layers to a solidified plan.

"the capacity for smaller shelters like littleroot and oldale are maxed at 300 people. should you require more room than your shelters provide, larger cities can take any overflow. slateport, lilycove, and ever grande have the largest amount of shelters to accommodate the populations."

her smile widens and she persists in continuing the train of thought.

"should anyone also desire to make use of league headquarters as a makeshift shelter for overflow, i'll be clearing out unoccupied labs to act as another option for civilians."

speaks, then, and her eyes shift away from one half of the table to find him. while he speaks, makes a late appearance. she nods at his entry and a golurk is quick to follow, handing the meeting's agenda to him with a soft rumble.

"given the way pokemon react to natural disasters, we expect the pokemon populace to begin showing signs prior to the meteor's arrival. they can sense impending doom long before we can, after all."

her smile holds strong.

"if our theories are correct, we expect pokemon to begin fleeing from their homes a few days prior to the meteor plan. should the situations in each city reach chaotic levels around this timeframe, please utilize the shelters beforehand to keep your populations safe. we are striving to keep not only our citizens safe, but also the pokemon that call this region home."

she understands that, perhaps, it is not as easy to quell a surge of fleeing pokemon but she expects each person in this room to be well equipped to handle such a task.

"utilize capture protocol for any wild pokemon fleeing to keep them safe within the shelters until the worst has passed. once everything is safe on the surface, we will release all of them back into the wild to head back to their homes. i understand it is a lot to ask to calm an entire population of humans and pokemon... but i know you are all equipped and prepared to handle this situation as it comes."

her eyes sweep across the room a moment later. the smile begins to dissolve into a more serious tone.

"our top priority is survival for all. whatever is necessary to ensure this, i implore you to take those actions."

she claps once, then, and the smile returns.

"now, any other questions before we get into supplies and triage locations?"

the medic mindset.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 3:12:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 may have tried to be sneaky, but Eva’s smile brightens at his appearance. She gives her fellow Kantonian a friendly wave as he takes his seat at the table.

As Illeana continues, the heavy burden placed on those present becomes clearer. People, pokemon, the environment: this is unprecedented, something this world has never seen before, or so they assume. Meteors in the past may have threatened their existence, but the population was much smaller, and the technology more primitive.

”It’s a lot to ask, I know . . . may I recommend asking citizens to volunteer?” She glances between Illeana and the Rangers present, “Kind of like a reserve corps, people to call on the days before the meteor in case there are some swarms or rampages by the wild pokemon. I’m sure The League can provide sanctioned pokeballs for the temporary capture and release method,” again, not her favorite way to go about things, but containing the pokemon would be for the best of both them and the humans.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty-one
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:03:25 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

She sat there, wondering how many days lead time they’d need before the Pokémon around the area started going crazy bonkers for no apparent reason.

Granted, the information they had was made with a margin for error so anything was possible at this point.

“Should there be any who want to volunteer, the choice is up to them; otherwise, us Rangers can be able to handle quelling the wild Pokémon and taking them somewhere safe where they won’t be agitated should be enough. We do have enough squads to go around, right?”

Maybe she was just wishful thinking. Maybe not. But either way she was ready.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
the medic mindset
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 17:11:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

explains it well, so there should be no surprise when he responds with:[break][break]

"no questions here."

[attr="class","ooc"]- offers shelter to other cities who might need it[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights