6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 21:02:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Tonight, Josh was excited to meet his new colleague, Captain , the Ranger Captain of Mauville, the same city he was now a Gym Leader of. Working together, those two owed the large, upper-class city a great service. He would have been more excited if they weren't meeting under such sour circumstances. had taken a big bite out of his confidence with the punishment he had given the new Gym Leader.

The pressure was on to perform well; failure would not only cost him his Ranger license, but it would also affect his reputation, if not his standing, as a Gym Leader. He was only going to get one chance at it. Thankfully, his mission was easy...or would have been easy, if the timing on it wasn't the worst possible. He logged into RangerNet via the prototype RaiCorp HoloWear sunglasses that were distributed by at the big Ranger meeting in Lilycove, then pulled up the mission briefing for review.

TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: Cpt. (annalise.henderson@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Blinded By Night"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

A mid-air collision between two large bird Pokémon and their trainers was reported 30 miles west northwest of Slateport City. At least one of the victims is still alive, as we received a call from them. Due to poor cell service, it is impossible to triangulate their exact coordinates. Please see attached county map for a shaded area their location has been pinpointed to.

Your mission is to locate the victims and their Pokémon and ensure they return to the nearest town safely. The survival rate of mid-air collisions is low. If neither of the victims have survived, please compile a deceased persons report for both victims so it can be forwarded to Law Enforcement. Furthermore, your mission will be taking place at night. Bringing gear and Pokémon adapted to low-light vision is highly recommended.

As you know, Ranger Devlin, per Head Ranger ' orders, you are on probation until October 31. Captain Annalise Henderson will be your Commanding Ranger for this mission. You will follow the Captain's orders without question. Failure to follow orders may result in disciplinary action, up to and including permanent revocation of your Ranger license.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Once Josh had arrived at the closest Ranger outpost, he sent the Captain a message on RangerNet. "Hey Captain, I'm at the Ranger outpost between Slateport and Mauville, about 15 miles east of the target area. You'll find me riding on a Luxray."

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good

{WC: 424}
{PC: 1}

Mission: Deadly Job (Sep 22)
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 20:18:27 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
after the chaos of the ranger meeting, annalise understands the disciplinary action lars doled out to those who had stepped out of line. still, her lips pull back into a cringe as she reads the final paragraph of the mission briefing. two months of probation? possible permanent revocation of his ranger license?
[break][break]
i'm so glad i didn't say anything, she thinks, tapping on the notification banner from rangernet to see what the cadet in question has sent her. her thumb hovers over her phone's keyboard, but she spots the glow of a light from the outpost before she can type out a reply.
[break][break]
"hey!" she calls down with a wave. her altaria, cotton candy, flutters to a gentle landing at a cautious distance from the towering silhouette of 's luxray. "are you ready to head out?"
[break][break]
she motions toward her backpack with a roll of her shoulder. "i brought some first aid stuff but the report sounded pretty, um, bad ... but i hope they're okay."
[break][break]
the hopeful note in her voice comes weak like she doesn't really believe it herself, but what else can they do but wish for the best?
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + a deadly job

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 6:33:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Blitz's gleaming tail made Josh easy to find, at least, based on how little time it took between the text being answered and the Captain calling out to him. "Ah, there you are," Josh greeted Annalise. "You were just a little hard to recognize in green and black." He was, of course, referring to the night vision mode of the prototype Ranger glasses had distributed at the big Ranger meetup. "I'm glad we're working together. Us Mauville buds gotta stick together, right?"

"Of course; I brought a kit of my own," Josh added, "but I don't have high hopes for their survival. We should be ready to file a couple of deceased persons reports. Come on, Blitz, let's go." With that, he reined his Luxray toward the foothills northwest of the outpost. Though the Ranger Captain had an impressive-looking Altaria mount, it would still take time to get there.

"Josh's little gadget is something else, isn't it?" he asked, trying to pass the travel time. "It's even got a thermal scan mode. Gonna make finding these two a snap." The downside was they could only have one view open at a time, and would not be able to view their surroundings as easily by a heatmap than they could by true night vision. "Right, Blitz is this Luxray," he introduced his swift mount, shifting Josh back and forth in the saddle thanks to powerful feline strides. A rougher ride was the price of feline speed, but to him, it was worth the trouble!

{WC: 254}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 6:35:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise can't help but giggle as describes the two of them as mauville buds.[break][break]
"right!" she says with a nod. "i'm glad you made the switch to mauville."
[break][break]
her smile falls, crushed by the pragmatic way josh goes about the situation. she knows he's right, that she should prepare for the worst now, but it still sucks to hear it out loud. as he prompts his luxray to head away from the outpost, she pats her altaria to encourage a smooth takeoff. with practiced ease, she launches off her feet and flaps to gain altitude. [break][break]once in the air, cotton candy flies low to keep annalise and josh within earshot of each other. her eyes widen at the mention of the earpiece they received at the meeting — where is hers, anyways? the bottom of her backpack? sitting on her nightstand at home? locked in her office?
[break][break]
"yeah, it's pretty cool! gives me major sci-fi vibes. i'll have to check my bag for mine when i land." a soft admission that her earpiece is somewhere other than in her ear. thermal will help, she thinks grimly, if there's any heat left in their bodies. he pulls her from her sinking mood by introducing his luxray. she'd heard him mention the name earlier, but she obliges the pair with a smile. [break][break]
"blitz, huh? cute name!" she takes a hand off her altaria to gesture to her. "this is cotton candy."
[break][break]
she looks at the big cat appraisingly. "what do you feed 'em? luxrays are, like, big, but blitz is huge!"
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 8:56:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded back, Blitz sounding a deep purr toward the Captain. "It was more out of necessity than choice. You see, I'm also Mauville's Gym Leader as of..." he trailed off, having to count the days in his head. "About a week and a half ago. That's why I've been taking almost no Ranger work. I didn't even ask for the position. I got an email from the Council after stepped down as Leader, and they told me I was the best fit for the position. Not like I could turn them down."

"It even has a speedometer app," Josh smiled, having it in the bottom right corner of the HoloWear's UI, just out of idle curiosity for the pace the Luxray and Altaria were making. The Luxray picked up the pace subtly, trying to get Annalise's Pokémon to do the same. If they didn't match the pace, he would slow his electric-type once again. "Your Altaria's name is sweet, as well."

When asked about Blitz's diet, Josh laughed. "It actually has nothing to do with diet. You know all those Distortions that have been popping up in Hoenn?" The Leader had become all too familiar with them, particularly when one formed right over his precious Racing Grounds. "Ever since then, huge Pokémon like this have been showing up way more often. On the way back, I'll have to show you pictures of some of my Gym Pokémon. If you've never seen a Jolteon wear a saddle, you might get to soon."

It did not take long for the two to reach the radius specified in the report. "I think this is where we should split up. If I find one of them, I'll have Blitz fire a SIGNAL BEAM straight upward. Should be easy to see." He would agree to any reasonable communication method the Captain proposed, as well. "I would say, 'Let's save some lives,' but there might not be any lives to save. Anyway, let's get to the bottom of this." With that, Josh activated the thermal detection feature of his HoloWear and began searching for the crash victims.

{WC: 356}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 14:17:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"oh wow." being a gym leader seems cool, but it also seems like a ton of responsibility. it's a real testament to 's commitment to the rangers that he's even out here after a promotion like that — especially after the punishment he got at the ranger meeting. other people might've turned in their armband on the spot.
[break][break]
"yeah, true, there's no way you could've," she agrees. with all the talented trainers in hoenn, it must be a super high honor to be emailed that he's the best candidate. "congrats on the job, by the way! i'm sure you're killing it already!"
[break][break]
the topic of distortions makes her turn her head back towards him, interest piqued. the one that had appeared during splashfest had changed her lilligant in ways that she still doesn't fully understand, but she isn't really surprised that abnormally large pokemon have begun to appear alongside the usual, aggressive variety of distortion pokemon. [break][break]"wait — a jolteon in a saddle?" she echoes, incredulous, an airy laugh in her voice. "honestly, i'd love to see that. i've seen big — i guess? — jolteon before, but not one big enough to carry me around."
[break][break]
annalise agrees to the split with a nod. "sounds good! i'll light a flare if i see anything!"
[break][break]
she and cotton candy flit away in search of something, some kind of hope amidst the underbrush, but it's hard for either of them to see much against the cover of darkness. shrugging her bag off one shoulder, she tugs it to one side and pulls out a flashlight.
[break][break]
she catches a glimpse of scattered bird feathers and broken brush and quickly fumbles to strike a flare.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 17:16:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Annalise was correct. Being a Gym Leader came with more responsibility than Josh could ever have fathomed, some of which would put him into more danger than he was comfortable taking on. He would have to adapt, though! Not like his Ranger work left him out of danger. The only reason he was still even doing Ranger contracts in the first place is he genuinely loved his rescue work. Being able to save lives using his talent as a racer, his Pokémon a perfect fit for the job, brought him much joy. It was sad that his new position didn't let him do it more.

"Oh, we're swamped," Josh laughed. "I've got appointments backed up an entire month already. Mauville's Gym has a reputation for being one of the toughest in Hoenn since had it. Then had it, and look where she is now. These are big shoes to fill." Had he known that Mauville had such a storied history, he would have eaten the extra cost to move his Minor League Gym to Rustboro. Of course, there was no turning back now!

The very idea of a Jolteon big enough to carry a human was absurd to think about. "Have you been in one of those distortions yet? They're full of Pokémon that are just enormous for their size, and they've even been popping up outside the distortions. When this is over, I'll have to show you a picture of her and her brothers. Just looking for a Leafeon and Vaporeon her size, and the entire rainbow will be on the track!" That would, of course, be no small feat. He was willing to go to great lengths in the name of his Gym and spreading his love of Pokémon racing!

Not too long after the two split up, Josh caught the bright light of the Captain's flare, having to tilt his head away to avoid being blinded from overloading the thermal imaging. He turned his electric-type mount toward the flare's source, seeing four faint heat signatures that were difficult to identify without seeing them in real light. He switched off thermal imaging, plunging his vision into nearly total darkness. "Blitz, can you shine a light for us?" Nodding and purring, the electric Pokémon fired a SIGNAL BEAM from its tail, illuminating their surroundings, including what Annalise had signaled him here for...

{WC: 399}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 3:25:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise is beyond happy to see and his luxray appear so soon after she strikes her flare, their silhouettes illuminated by the reddish light. her heart hammers hard against her ribs as cotton candy flutters close enough to the ground to let her dismount quickly. with a stumble, she follows the trail of broken branches and bird down, grateful for blitz's signal beam as she seeks out survivors.
[break][break]
she stops short, flare slipping from her fingers and landing with a crackle at her feet. her throat feels tight. [break][break]
"it — it doesn't look good, josh."
[break][break]
the luxray's tail illuminates the mangled bodies of two bird pokemon, tattered shreds of cloth, spilled items, and unmoving passengers. she goes toward the first person to check their pulse, but their swellow uses the last of its strength to brokenly lunge at her without much success. the flutter of wingbeats stirs a rattling breath from the person she had tried to check on. [break][break]
"they're alive!" just barely. the swellow is sidestepped so she can quickly triage the trainer. her slowking appears in a flash of light, casting a heal pulse on the bird before it can fade into oblivion. "how do the other two look?"
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 15:54:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh couldn't let the ailing Swellow's impressive size distract him. It was a shame Hoenn's most common bird Pokémon were typically so small, because they were extremely fast and would have been a joy to soar on. The size and strength needed to carry a human into the air was immense for the species, and was toward its upper limit. There would be time to admire the Pokémon later.

For now, the Gym Leader had a job to do.

The other pair were not far, and it was a gruesome sight. A motionless Staraptor and rider were sprawled over the grass, bathed by the beacon of Blitz's SIGNAL BEAM. There was an enormous amount of blood seeping from underneath the two, though it was evident upon inspection that none of it came from the human. Josh took the young man's pulse. It was weak, but still there! "The trainer is unconscious but alive. Barely. I'm going to radio for a medical team to get him out of here. We can't risk moving him."

It was a pity the Staraptor did not survive the collision, and unusual at that. Normally it was the larger bird Pokémon that survived crashes such as this one. It was clear that all four survived the initial impact, but the Staraptor could not regain stable flight before plunging to the ground. "I couldn't see too well underneath the young man, but there's no way his Staraptor survived after losing so much blood. I can't imagine the loyalty it had toward him; it gave his life protecting him by breaking his fall, from what I can tell." His Manectric had that level of loyalty with him. The most difficult part of his recovery would likely be not the physical rehabilitation, but coming to grips with the death of the Staraptor.

{WC: 306}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 14:39:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"good call." after an aerial crash like this, it's best to triage and let medical professionals take care of moving the survivors. a second heal pulse emanates from her slowking, this time washing over the trainer in her care. in the brush, she finds scattered pokeballs.
[break][break]
one of these must be that swellows, she thinks, pausing only once when tells her the other pokemon didn't make it. the news settles like a rock in her stomach. that staraptor had been so selfless — hopefully its trainer won't blame himself too much once he's conscious again.
[break][break]
she thinks of her own altaria and feels her throat tighten. cotton candy would do as much and more, even if she doesn't want her to.
[break][break]
"let the medical team know we have three survivors, please."
[break][break]
compartmentalizing is important in situations like these. she finds swellow's pokeball, finally, and recalls it.
[break][break]
"smoothie, use heal pulse on the other trainer."
[break][break]
pink energy travels over bloodstained grass toward the survivor josh found. annalise worries her bottom lip between her teeth as she splits her attention between the trainers.
[break][break]
"if you have a pokemon with any healing moves, i think we can stabilize them until the medical team arrives."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 18:21:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The fact that three of the four crash victims were alive was a small miracle in and of itself. "I have no idea why they weren't wearing beacons. Aren't all flying Pokémon required to wear traffic beacons after dark?" he asked. Aviation wasn't his specialty. Perhaps that would be a better question for . Pokémon aviation was his thing.

"On it." With that, he dialed up Ranger HQ and delivered his report. A medical team would be sent to get the three to facilities in Slateport as quickly and as safely as possible. By the time he was off the phone, Annalise had already recalled the badly injured Swellow. He had hoped the wounds would be simple for a Pokémon Center to fix, but given the high velocity impact, that was likely not the case.

The healing move stabilized the surviving trainer, though he remained unconscious from the sheer exhaustion of the terrifying collision. "I don't," the Leader sighed. "Admittedly, finding a ride Pokémon with healing moves is hard." Had he forgotten, both now and when he had left, that his giant Jolteon knew WISH? It sure would have been helpful here. "Thanks for covering for me."

While his mind was filled with regret at being unable to bring everyone involved back alive, there was nothing Josh could do about that now. Not without divine intervention from the Great One. "Let's head back to HQ. I need to file a report for the poor Staraptor. Plus, you want to see Blinky, right? I can show her to you when we get back."

{WC: 265}
{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 20:07:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
"mm." a hum rises in her throat at his admission. "well, i def recommend a pokemon with some healing moves in the future! even if it isn't a ride pokemon."
[break][break]
though, now that she's thinking about it, she's not sure she's ever seen with a pokemon that isn't rideable. it could be good to have a healer in his pocket, even if it doesn't quite fit his niche. smoothie continues to dispense heal pulses to the injured trainers until the medical team finally arrives. once the pair (and the swellow, concealed in a poke ball) are taken away, josh suggests they return to headquarters.
[break][break]
"oh, yeah, sure! i'd love to meet blinky!" she recalls her slowking and clips his ball back to her belt. "i think i saw some of these guys' stuff scattered around so i'm going to try picking it up for them! but i'll meet you at hq in a little bit!"
[break][break]
annalise starts to turn away, but then a thought comes to mind: "oh! by the way, i'll let lars know you were a huge help tonight — hopefully he'll ease up on that punishment if you keep up the good work!"
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Blinded by Night [M]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 7:55:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: