6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 22:47:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
By now, word had spread far that Josh's Josh's new Gym was a smashing success with Hoennians, getting challenges from not only trainers seeing to climb the ranks of the Pokémon League, but Pokémon racers like himself, sports aficionados, and even just Pokémon lovers who wanted to try racing for the first time! His Gym was proving to be difficult to get into, now booked out over a month!

and had both expressed interest in his Minor League Gym back when he ran his Racing Grounds there, and he was sure they were regretting their decision to not sign up immediately. The best he could do, alongside his friend , was at least show the three of them the new place. With Shelly, his receptionist, gone for the day, the three could walk right through the back door if they wanted to. And they better hurry - the Leader was going to lock the doors for the day soon!

By the time the Mauville Leader had completed all his challenges for the day, it was late in the afternoon, and the sun was low enough in the sky to be a real vision hazard. Astride Blinky, his Jolteon that had defeated many challengers with her blistering speed, Josh started a once-over of the facility, making sure a challenger had not left anything behind.

{WC: 227}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Illumina      Lanturn        Good
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 23:42:52 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
As Josh kept looking to see if anything had been left behind, a gust of wind would blow behind him. A shadow of a large bird passed over, and the sound of a heavy thud behind him. Matt had landed on his feet after jumping off Oto, his shiny Pidgeot's back, as it circled the sky above.

"Boo." Matt teased at him, looking a little... smugger, than usual. More relaxed, as if care free, and not ... all there. Eh, maybe he was just loosening up around Josh?

Looking around, Matt looked impressed already with what was the gym. "Damn bro, you really wanted to go all out, huh?" Spinning in a circle as he looked around, a lazy smirk on his face. "Maaaan, I'd love to see a race in here."

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 21:50:43 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Mauville City was so weird to Julia. It was basically the opposite of her hometown, Fortree: Where Fortree was a community built to coexist with nature, Mauville was almost entirely inside a large building that reminded Julia of a super-mall. Sure, the exterior was topped with grass, shrubs, and trees, but the structures (solar panels, maybe?) towering above those were distinctly manmade. Most of the interior was dedicated to shops and facilities, leaving little room for people to actually live. The whole thing left a sour taste sitting in Julia's mouth.

[break][break]But she wasn't here to criticize Greater Mauville Holdings' redevelopment of the city; she was here to see her friend's awesome new Gym! She'd missed out on the chance to take his challenge when he was still in the Minor League, and now his Major League Gym was booked out for at least another month, so she was ecstatic when he offered to show her and a few of his other friends around after closing.

[break][break]And what a Gym it was! Unlike the city itself, most of the Gym was an outdoor racing facility with three distinct tracks and a grass field for traditional battles. Already, she could imagine herself sitting astride Chester as they raced across the land-based course with Josh and his Pokémon, the wind rushing through her hair as they both pushed themselves to their limits to achieve victory.

[break][break]Unlike Matt, she made the trek by foot, meaning it took her a little longer to enter. He was already chatting with the Leader himself when Julia entered. Was that a shiny Pidgeot at his side? The colors looked different, but Julia couldn't quite tell.

[break][break]"Hey, guys!" she greeted in her usual friendly and chipper voice. "I know, right? This place is so cool! I can't wait to race here."

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 3:55:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Mauville? Seriously? That's where his bud had gotten stationed? Sheesh, Isaac pitied the guy.[break][break]

If you wanted an example of everything wrong with the League, you only had to look at Mall-Ville. They took a perfectly good city and turned it into an endless sea of shops and imports. And Slateport still ended up being the biggest city in Hoenn instead. Maybe that wasn't a shocker. Mauville had conveniently forgotten about the part where people lived in cities. Sure, it was nice to visit. No place with that sheer level of Stuff wouldn't be. But living and working there?[break][break]

Ah well. At least if the guy ever had any free time, he could go to that arcade again. Small blessings, but with all the work Josh was putting into that, he deserved a win where he could find one. The guy had seemed nervous and lost in his own thoughts when Isaac had met with him a few days back, but now he seemed a touch more loosened up.[break][break]

Which was good. But that didn't stop certain plans brewing in the back of Isaac's head. He had to make sure, even if it took him taking matters into his own hands. Even if it took the help that a friend couldn't give, but a foe readily could.[break][break]

Speaking of foes, look, it was Matt! Who had never met him out of his Rocket guise before! Oh dear. That was a little bit awkward. Nevertheless, he, too, seemed in better spirits. Much better spirits. Almost disturbingly better spirits, after how much stress he had been through before. That must've been one hell of a life affirming talk he had with Nico, huh? But Isaac wasn't going to complain about it. If anything, he was relieved. A little bummed he couldn't call attention to it, but relieved nonetheless.[break][break]

Julia, too, was there. Unlike Matt and Josh, she was exactly as Isaac expected her to be. The girl wore her heart on her sleeve, and after all the secrets and debates Isaac had grown accustomed to? That was such a refreshing change of pace. Maybe he needed more days like that. No agendas. No schemes. Just friends shooting the shit and hanging out.[break][break]

While also cooking harebrained schemes in the background, of course.[break][break]

"Hot damn. Love what you did with the place, Josh," Isaac said, shooting everyone a quick, casual wave. "Good to see ya too, Julia. And, hey, who's your new friend?" At least with his voice more relaxed and less Zubatmanned, any resemblances would be far harder to pick out. So long as nobody challenged him to a gravel eating competition, he was inthe clear for the day.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / + +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 7:18:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The big gust of wind, followed by the shadow of a large bird, immediately caught the new Gym Leader's attention. It was Matt, and he had flown over the gates thanks to his Pidgeot with gorgeous, recessive pluming! He didn't seem fazed by his friend's vain attempt to scare him. "Yo, Matt! Sick ride you got there! I'll have to show you mine! Come on out, Pazuzu!" Josh hurled the Pidgeot's Poké Ball into the air, his close partner letting out an avian screech of his own. "Pazuzu was the first Pokémon I ever caught on my own." The large Pidgeot chased after Oto a bit before landing in the middle of the group that had assembled around him. "I did. The budget the League gave me was enormous. Back in the Minors, I could only have one course. But now I can have so many different variations that every challenger can have their own unique track! It's gotten my Badge award rate down too, which is something the League really pushes down your throat." Matt expressed interest in watching races, which he was more than happy to oblige. "They are open for the public to watch, and we have season passes for sale! Just let my secretary Shelly know, and she'll be able to sell you one!"

Next, Josh turned to Julia. "Great to see you again after that mishap with the pharmacy! How you doing?" It seemed the fellow Ranger was excited to take his special Gym Challenge with Chester, her Dodrio. Their three sets of lungs and hearts made them great choices for stamina-intensive courses. While he couldn't be overly complicated with a trainer with so few Badges, he would come up with something that would allow the flightless bird to showcase both strengths and highlight weaknesses that could be improved. "You get your name on my waitlist yet? It's booked out almost to Thanksgiving now!"

Isaac's thoughts were the exact reason Josh had his Gym built on the outskirts of town, away from the high-end commercial district. It was one of the few places that Josh could get ahold of the large amount of land needed to build a facility this large while not going overbudget. The resources the League had provided him were vast, but they were far from infinite. "Isaac, great to see you, too! Is Ash coming, too? That would make the whole camping crew!" He smiled at all the praise he got for his new Gym. "I'm having a blast with it! The queue is seemingly endless; I'm constantly booked four to six weeks out!" Blinky let out an excited bark, ready to show his audience what she could do. "Maybe later, Blinky." He turned to face his friends again. "Isaac, you got yourself a sick ride yet? I'd love to show you around, but it takes a long time on foot. If not, I got you covered."

{WC: 487}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 15:36:16 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt looked far to relaxed. Watching as the new bird was introduced and chased Oto. Who cawed and then went to land next to Matt. Nudging his face with his beak, then staring at Josh with piercing eyes, then snapping towards the new people who showed up. Puffing out it's chest, a proud bird!

Looking over, Matt's mood went south. Seeing Julia, the flashback of the meeting came to his head. Remembering how he was lucky he wasn't fired. A friendly flick of two fingers were given to the newcomers, before he shoved his hands into his pockets. Slouching and stepping back behind Josh, letting him take the lead on meeting the friends he had.

Though another glance was given to Isaac, he must have not been a ranger. "Nobody." He muttered to himself under his breath, before giving a fake smile. "Name's Matt."

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 3:36:30 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"Hey, Isaac!" Julia greeted with a wave. "How've you been doing?" The unspoken end of that sentence was ever since you almost drowned, but actually saying that would be a bit of a mood killer.

[break][break]She watched the two large Pidgeot fly around for a bit. Yeah, Matt's definitely had different colors than Josh's. And ooh, the Gym was open to spectators? Julia would have to see if she could make room in her schedule to check a match out.

[break][break]"I've been doing good!" she answered Josh. "I've been traveling a lot for assignments, so that's been tons of fun. You can seriously do a different course for each challenger? That's crazy! I can't wait to see what you cook up for me and Chester." She grinned as her mind raced (no pun intended) with possibilities, though they probably weren't anywhere close to reality with how little Julia knew about racing. But then her expression fell into confusion. "Wait, you've got a waitlist? I was just checking the sign-ups for open slots whenever I could."

[break][break]While Josh greeted Isaac, Julia turned her attention to Matt, the one she knew least here. She, too, remembered the events of that rather... chaotic Rangers' meeting. She didn't blame him for getting mad, though. Heck, Julia had had a bit of an outburst, herself. The whole thing had kind of been a disaster, and while Matt's choice of words had been far from professional, she didn't hold any of it against him. She got a two-finger flick of acknowledgement, which she returned with a friendly smile. He still seemed rather shy, given how he slunk behind Josh. No problem! Julia just had to show she wasn't someone to be afraid of.

[break][break]Did he mutter something under his breath? Julia thought she heard something, but he was already smiling at Isaac and introducing himself. Maybe he was just nervous? He was tough to read.

[break][break]"Oh, I don't think I actually introduced myself, either," Julia said to him. "I'm Julia. Nice to formally meet you."

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 4:39:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]A course for every single challenger? Isaac was torn between for being stoked for his friend, who was now the definition of living the dream, and wondering how the fuck the League could justify throwing this much money around. Mauville really was Capitalism Deluxe. The less Isaac thought about it, the happier he would be in the long run.[break][break]

"Not this time, sadly. But hit the guy up; he's always down to hang," Isaac said, grinning. "Though from the sound of it you're the one getting hit up now! Weeks of queues, sheesh. Guess you weren't kidding when you said how busy you'd be."[break][break]

Not that Isaac had any plans of joining the queue. Since when did he even color within the lines, anyway?[break][break]

"Well, I'm not drowning. So that's pretty neat, I guess," Isaac teased, clearly far more comfortable joking about his mortality than Julia was. "Ah, I'm messing with ya. I'm doing pretty great lately! Really, just more of the same ol', same ol'. But it hasn't been a bad same ol'. More just . . . it's Enough, y'know?"[break][break]

It wasn't even a lie! Isaac Merlo was up to his routine, regular life. Blackjack, on the other hand, never had a dull moment to spare. The two lives counterbalanced one another out in a way that Isaac hadn't expected to need. If a job was a triumph, he could ride that wave into his day to day life. If it ended bad, he could tuck those unpleasant thoughts into his back pocket along with his mask. And the twists and turns, the thrills and chills, the dramas and traumas had a way of making Isaac appreciate the mundanity of just being Isaac. But maybe that wasn't the best concept to bring up here.[break][break]

Especially not when someone else was also wearing a false face. Yeah, no, Matt was never this milquetoast. And that smile might as well have been a cardboard cutout. It was like as soon as others entered the room (or was it just him, the stranger?) he immediately clammed up. Was his spirit still hurting from last time? Maybe Josh wasn't the only one he'd need to creatively motivate . . . ugh, no. That wouldn't work. Matt already knew him as Blackjack. Damnit, the dynamic was all janked up![break][break]

Still, he shot the man a casual grin. "Good to meet ya, Matt. Any friend of Josh's is cool in my book," he said. "I'm Isaac."[break][break]

Did Isaac bring some speedy Pokemon today? Yes. Was Josh going to meet them all? No! Well, okay. Later. "I'm still working on that part," Isaac said. "But, hey. Never gonna turn down the chance to hitch a ride."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 1:31:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh eyed Oto as the large bird clearly tried to intimidate him, but he didn't give any ground. As he was about to switch to Pazuzu, the racer suddenly found his face full of shiny Pidgeot beak, making him flinch. "Whoa!" Josh yelped. "A little too friendly, maybe!" Oto was bigger than Pazuzu even, and Josh's bird was not small for a Pidgeot. They had to be big to carry someone with his build!

Matt didn't quite look like himself; Josh gave him the chance to interact with the others to blow off some steam, directing his attention back to Julia. "Back at Trainer Hill, I only had the budget for three courses with minor variation. Here, it's not that I have so many courses...it's the number of variations. You'll need to be ready for anything." He smiled when he heard Julia would race Chester. "I don't have one yet, but if I can get a Dodrio by the time our challenge happens, you'll get to see it!"

The Leader turned back to Isaac. "From what the others have told me, it calms down a lot after the initial rush." While Josh wasn't quite ready to trust Saber to anyone else, he did have Blinky. He withdrew his Pidgeot, sending out Saber in the flying-type's place and switching from the Jolteon's back to the Manectric's. "Like I said, I got you covered! Hop on! I'll take you for a casual run around the place!" He was also indirectly goading Matt to mount the fastest Pokémon he had. Plus, Josh's definition of "casual" was very loose; it was probably going to take a lot for Chester to keep up. Depending on the Jolteon's mood, maybe too much.

{WC: 288}
{PC: 3}

Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 3:00:42 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Isaac was right. Matt clammed up real quick. He was still hurt. Wounded from before, but he was finding it behind a casual mask and don't care attitude. It was working so far, even if sometimes the bitterness came in at weak moments.

A brow rose at Josh. Was he trying to get him to join the race? "Return," Oto came back to his ball, placing the ball back as he accidentally touched Kazzy's ball, the rockruff appearing and shaking out it's fur. Blinking, seeing all the new people!!! Running towards Julia, nuzzling her leg, then bounding towards Isaac.

He paused and stared at him for a very hard moment. Squinting as his fur stood on end, fangs baring, backing up.. then turning to run back to Matt. Who blinked at the dog, looking very baffled... returning the dog quickly, then tossing out Nana's pokeball. The Arcanine prancing and and shaking out her fur.

"Heh..."

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 22:04:43 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Oto's snapping had Julia raising her hands placatingly. "Easy there, buddy, I'm a friend," she said with her usual smile.

[break][break]Isaac's blasé attitude toward almost dying punched a surprised staccato note of a laugh out of Julia. "No, you're definitely not!" she said, voice high in her surprise. She softened her smile and steadied her voice: "I'm glad you're doing well. Sometimes, the same ol', same ol' can feel really good." She definitely knew that feeling, though not necessarily in the way Isaac did.

[break][break]"Ohh," she said to Josh's explanation on the course variations. "Looking forward to it! If you do get a Dodrio, I bet Chester would love to meet them."

[break][break]Speaking of Chester, Julia sent him out as Josh offered to let Isaac ride Blinky for a tour around the Gym. "When you say 'casual,' do you mean regular casual or racer casual?" she asked playfully. Chester's middle and right heads squawked proudly, ready for the challenge. The left looked a bit nervous.

[break][break]Before she could hop on, Matt accidentally sent out an excited Rockruff. The sharp rocks on the Pokémon's neck made her wince a bit when he nuzzled her leg, but she still giggled and knelt down to ruffle the little guy's head before he ran off. Julia looked just as confused as Matt when Kazzy glared at Isaac, if not even more so. Weird... First Spot had stared at him for a long while, and now Kazzy was doing this. Julia looked to Isaac to see his reaction to this display.

[attr="class","julianotes"]

notes.

forgot to react to oto in my last post, oops!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 0:45:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac already knew that his dynamic with Matt was baffling. Blackjack wasn't supposed to make friends with people on the up and up. Isaac was. But to Matt, Blackjack was rapidly becoming a confidant and Isaac was just some familiar looking stranger.[break][break]

And that went for Kazzy, too. To the poor Rockruff, it probably looked like his good friend Blackjack was missing his face. Isaac would have loved to have tested that theory, but before he could challenge the pup to an impromptu game of peek-a-boo, it scampered back to Matt's side to be recalled.[break][break]

Luckily, Isaac took it in stride. "Damn. Guess that's what I get for having such an ugly mug," he joked, shrugging. At least Matt seemed more amused than anything . . . though it was hard not to notice Julia giving him an odd look. Huh. He didn't give her any indication that he knew she was looking, but he made a mental note as he watched out of the corner of his eye.[break][break]

Instead, he just smirked at her little tease. "Knowing Josh? A step or two more intense than we'd expect," he teased back. "But, hell, I'm always up for a challenge. Thanks for the offer, man." He'd accept Blinky's reins without complaint, giving the Jolteon a little scritch of gratitude. He was already used to Ivan. How crazy could a ride like this be?[break][break]

"Ready when you guys are!"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 6:14:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh wasn't intending for their tour to be a race, Matt's sudden release of Nana around the Leader meant only one thing: he wanted to go fast. Really fast. "Now I can't exactly give you a tour of the Racing Grounds at breakneck speed, can I?" Josh teased Matt, whistling toward the group in general but no one in particular. Blinky laughed, Saber settling for just a grin. "Remember what I've always said. With great speed comes great responsibility. There are times to go fast, and times to relax and take it a little more...slowly." Of course, Josh's definition of slowly was probably still friggin fast to most people.

It seemed Julia was a little inquisitive about the pace they'd be crossing the Racing Grounds at. Understandable; if they went for a simple walk aboard their Pokémon, they'd be here for hours. Josh couldn't have that. "Probably closer to the latter," he replied to both Julia and Isaac with a growing smile.

The lithe trainer looked like a natural aboard the Jolteon. Her quills spiked as the unfamiliar rider held her reins, a few sparks popping from underneath her paws. "Isaac, almost all the rules from when we rode Resheph together apply to her, too. Leg pressure for speed and a tug on her reins for direction. Flick her reins with both hands if you want her to jump." He paused for a few seconds to let him take it all in. "Oh, and if you're feeling particularly brave, you can have her Quick Attack too. It's really fun."

The first place Josh led the three too was the main battleground; there were a couple of his Gym Trainers practicing on the field near the starting line for all the aerial courses. There were a couple of aerial course rings extended, requiring the battlers to weave around them. One thing the two battles had in common was that they were incredibly fast paced. While the Pokémon involved in the battles, Zebstrika, Rapidash, Noivern, and Staraptor, were ones that could be ridden in races, they didn't show signs of riding gear being worn nearly constantly like Josh's squad did. The battles were incredibly fast-paced, though; he wondered how well his guests' eyes were able to follow the speedy action.

"This is where my regulation battles take place," Josh gestured toward the two in-progress battles. The nearby scoreboard was not even lit up; these truly were unscheduled pickup battles between regulars at the Gym. Next, he guided them across a bridge to a meandering river that fed all of the facility's creeks comprising the aquatic courses. "This is how I made all the aquatic courses work. Part of a tributary from Lake May flows into here. My old Gym at Trainer Hill had its aquatic course flow from this same river. Diverting the river was probably the most budget intensive part of the Gym's construction. Was worth it, though! I'll have to show you what my Sharpedo, Snacker, can do on the way back! He's a handful to control, though."

{WC: 512}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 20:27:01 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Matt gave a fake laugh, but he relaxed on top of Nana, going to practically lay on her like a bed. Showed how much trust the canine had within him to let him prop himself that way. He was checking his phone, scanning over texts. Sending a quick one to 'I love you. Miss you, wish you here.' Putting his phone away, he tilted his head.

"Can that pokemon even agree on a direction to go?" Matt was very misinformed or honestly just had no idea how that pokemon worked, so it wasn't a rude question, at least he didn't think so.

"Nana was stubborn at first, but after I while she got used to me. I can't imagine three heads.." There it was, the real Matt peeking his way through. But soon.. he sighed. "Hey Julia? Um, sorry- for you know." a motion, looking very ashamed. "I get it if you don't like, like me or whatever." He had moved closer so she could hear and not everyone hear him apologizing.

"I got Josh in enough trouble... I don't want to cause more by making his friends uncomfortable, yeah? so just, let me know or whatever."

Leaning away from her, he went back to burying his face into Nana's mane. Staring off with a vacant look, before they looked back to Josh. "You just don't want me to whip your butt across this field showing off." That was a real smirk there on Matt's face, he loved teasing Josh.

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Wings for My Way [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 21:05:13 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia rolled her eyes lightheartedly at Isaac's quip. "You do not." She grinned knowingly at his comment about Josh's usual intensity, a look that was vindicated when Josh confirmed her suspicions.

[break][break]She glanced over at Matt to see him practically lying on his Arcanine. "That looks comfy," she said unironically. When he asked about Chester, she replied, "He usually can! Sometimes he thinks a bit too hard and freezes up, though. We've known each other since I was a kid and he still only had two heads." She reached up to give each head a scratch.

[break][break]She looked a bit confused when Matt moved closer to her and began to quietly apologize. She kept her voice low so that Josh's explanation to Isaac would cover it: "You don't make me uncomfortable. And I don't not like you. A lot of people got really upset during that meeting, and it all just kinda exploded out. Including me." Embarrassment flickered across her face, but she tamed it into a smile. "Josh chose to stand up for you, and I think that was really cool of him. It sucks he got in trouble for it, but it wasn't your fault."

[break][break]She giggled at Matt's teasing of Josh, glad to see that smirk on his face. Hopefully, he'd feel more comfortable now.

[break][break]Josh led them to the main battleground, where a few Gym Trainers had fast-paced battles that perfectly fit the Gym's racing theme. Julia watched in awe, her eyes darting back and forth between the four combatants. It was a bit like her own battle style, only much more refined and specialized for pure speed.

[break][break]"How many actual battle challenges do you usually get?" Julia asked. She assumed that the main attraction of the Gym was its various racing courses.

[break][break]Next, she followed him across a bridge over the winding river. She nodded as he explained and traced the water's path with her eyes. For a moment, she wondered if the diversion had affected the local Pokémon populations, but Josh was a fellow Ranger! There was no way he'd do this if he knew it would hurt the nature around it.

[break][break]"Yeah, Snacker can move," Julia said, recalling one of her first missions with Josh.