Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 1:45:37 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Fiorelli Floristry was a quaint cottage located just on the outskirts of Petalburg Woods. Its reputation had flourished along with its garden of burgeoning flowers since its opening at the start of the year, gaining a decent clientele by word of mouth alone.

Those who sought entry would find a well-trodden path through the fence's swinging gate, leading to a charming home filled with hanging plants and open windows.

A Bellossom sat at the counter to welcome visitors, chirping a greeting at all arrivals as a bell chimed with the opening door.

The resident florist, Elisabeth Fiorelli, was a rather no-nonsense blonde who seemed wholly occupied in her task of arranging a vase of blue forget-me-nots. Her fingers moved with a deft and dexterous air, one well-accustomed to pruning leaves and stems to her exact satisfaction.

Beside her, a prim and prissy Roselia watched her mistress work, her flowery arms crossed as if impatient for her to finish.

"Welcome to Fiorelli Floristry," came the delayed greeting as Elisabeth's emerald eyes lifted from her handiwork, turning to view the visitor. "How may I help you?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Putting on a Front ✿ Flower Shop Thread ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 5:50:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
It was hard, admitting that Gabe was gone. That manifested in so many ways throughout Navy’s life. His room was left untouched. The save files they shared on game consoles remained there. Sometimes, just looking at pictures of the two together hurt. Navy had to move on. Everyone told him that.

…that didn’t make moving on any easier. Sometimes, he just missed the hell out of the kid. He remembered being called down to the morgue, after the incident, and having to identify him. That trauma replayed in his head over and over on the bad days. Seeing his brother, there on the table. It hurt, like a knife pressing into an open wound and then pulling down.

People honored those that passed on by buying them flowers. He hadn’t even visited Gabe’s grave, much less placed flowers there. It was time to fix that. Navy had the day off. There was nothing to distract him. Today was going to be the day. His birthday was coming up. Gabe and him always did something for his birthday.

So, the detective loaded up into his truck and headed for a highly reviewed flower shop on the edge of Petalburg Woods. The internet had nothing but nice things to say about the place. As someone that knew the culture of the internet a little too well, that meant something to Navy. Besides, it wasn’t very far from where Gabe himself was buried.

He pulled his truck up to the cottage, checked his reflection in the mirror to make himself look presentable, and got out. He strode up to the door, opened up, and walked inside. ‘Elegant’ was a word he’d use to describe the place. Arceus, it smelled good in there, too. Navy started to understand why people loved flowers so much. Just being around them made him feel better.

The proprietor of this fine establishment turned and leveled her eyes on him. They shone like a pair of emeralds, two jewels framing a beautiful face. She looked more like a queen in one of Gabe’s JRPGs than a florist. He’d keep that little thought to himself. Might come off as insulting.

Uh…hey.” Navy said. Great start. Truly. “I’m here looking for some flowers.” An excellent follow-up. “…I guess that’s obvious, since I’m here. I, uh, well, I’m looking for something you’d put on a grave. I’m not good with symbolism, so do you think you could help me out? What kind of flowers do you buy to honor someone’s memory?
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 0:39:17 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth wouldn't be offended by the comparison to a JRPG queen; she would, however, be confused as to what a JRPG was. No one could accuse the luddite florist of being hip to the latest trends or pop culture, that was for certain.

Fortunately for , however, this lack of awareness did not extend to her chosen field of floristry.

"Ah, a flower in honorarium of the departed?" she said, pursing her lips in quiet thought as she arose from her seat. It was a common request, and many answers came to mind readily as a result. "Certainly, there are plenty of flowers that might suit."

She gestured for him to follow her to the left of the cottage's interior, where an entryway to a greenhouse was visible; her Roselia anxiously tottered after her mistress with a huffy flail of her arms, sending black and purple petals in all directions.

Unaware of the spectacle that her Pokémon was making, Elisabeth paused in front of a beautiful array of white flowers, indicating one such blossom with a wave of her hand. "Peace lilies," she said, "are symbols of rebirth and transcendence. They are my favorite to recommend for matters such as this one."

They were the very flowers she had chosen for her parents' graves in Kalos, at least.

"You have many options, however. Many from Kanto and Johto choose to express grief through chrysanthemums. Carnations are another staple to consider -- white meaning purity, and pink meaning remembrance, specifically. They last a decent amount of time and possess a pleasant fragrance."

The florist paused here, turning to with a curious tilt of her head, her hands folding behind her back as she did so.

"Is there a sentiment you are hoping to express, in particular?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 19:12:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege-light"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

And so, the queen led the would-be mourner deeper into her kingdom. She didn’t seem to be judging him, or paying special attention to his request. That helped, in its own way. Made him remember that everyone else suffered, too. Gabe was far from the only person to die in the past four years. Some people had it way worse than he did. Remembering that helped.

[break][break]

He joined the royal procession. The lady’s Roselia even threw flower petals in her wake. It made for a dignified entrance, even if the woman leading the way seemed oblivious to what her Pokemon was doing. Navy smirked, like a kid watching someone fool around behind a teacher’s back.

[break][break]

The smile faded when they got to the flowers. They were all white. There was a purity to that color, an unblemished quality. Red was the color of love. Whirlwind passions. Deep romance, all the stuff you read about in terrible novels and never understood until you felt it, until you saw red. White was a much calmer color. Just looking at the white flowers soothed Navy.

[break][break]

He listened. Some people were terrible at listening, even when they wanted a professional’s help on a matter. They’d second guess you, assert incorrect opinions, and forget that they asked for your help. So, one professional to another, he did her the courtesy of shutting up and letting her do her job. The Queen’s insight was helpful. The Navidson family had been in Hoenn for generations. They’d never been anyone special. Before industrialization kicked off, they’d been simple farmers. How did the song go?

[break][break]

Cotton on the roadside, cotton in the ditch. We all picked the cotton but we never got rich.[break][break]

That was the one. All that to say, the Navidsons didn’t have any fancy traditions, nor did the Chrysanthemums appeal overmuch. It wasn’t really about him though, was it? Gabe told him that if he could beat the champion in this region, he’d head off to the next, and the next, until he’d conquered all the Leagues. Oh the silly dreams of children.

[break][break]

What did he want to express? The blunt answer was ‘I miss the hell out of you. I wish it had been me instead of you’. That wasn’t the sort of thing you said to a stranger. Best case scenario, they thought you were grieving and it turned into a hug session. Worst case, she’d think he was unhinged.

[break][break]

I…miss him. I miss him, and I’m not gonna let him down. That’s what I’d like to say.” Navy turned his gray eyes to the peace lilies. “Those ones are pretty, really pretty. Rebirth and transcendence, huh? Those are pretty sentiments.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]NAVY

[attr="class","subtxt"]Another day older

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

[newclass=.siege-light] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light] --accent:#FFFFFF; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name b] color:#000080; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name] font:50px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Poppins:600]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 4:26:52 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
There were those who believed that Elisabeth Fiorelli was a cold-hearted woman, given the aloof and distant air of professionalism that she cloaked herself in. The giddiness of new brides and the palpable grief of mourners could seem stark next to such a mild-mannered person's disposition.

To presume that she did not feel deeply herself would regardless be a misunderstanding of grave proportions. And it was a misunderstanding, admittedly, that Elisabeth had purposefully shielded herself in, lest anyone realize how thin the icy veneer she wore truly was.

Had Navy cried, she would have been uncomfortable, but offered him a handkerchief. Had he been flippant, she would have politely feigned obliviousness, for some chose to hide their grief with black humor.

Yet as he admitted his quiet regrets aloud, Elisabeth's hand strayed to a loose strand of blonde hair, tucking it behind her ear as she lowered her gaze. Regret was an emotion she knew quite intimately. The desire to appease long lost shadows was one she had given up on a long time ago, but the unfulfilled sentiment lingered nonetheless, like a faint floral aroma of melancholy that never left her.

"Magnolias and dahlias," Elisabeth said suddenly, the words as soft as the petals of the flowers she had named aloud. "They are noble flowers of quiet dignity. Magnolias speak to perseverance, while dahlias represent the lasting commitment between two souls, for they are autumnal flowers that outlast many others."

At his comment regarding the peace lilies, she smiled softly. It was a genuine response, subtle though it was.

"I find the sentiment of peace lilies a comforting one. That we can be reborn anew, I suppose, or transcend to be something more than life imagined us to be. It is a kinder thought than focusing on life's inevitable finality, at least."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 21:59:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Magnolias and dahlias, huh? Those were some pretty sentiments that were attached to those flowers. Navy could get behind them. He looked at the woman, whose name the net had mentioned but presently eluded him (some detective he was), and his smile was one born of gratitude. Navy wouldn’t have been able to pick a magnolia or dahlia out of a flower lineup without consulting the ‘net on his smartphone first, but he trusted her judgement.[break][break]
Gotta let the professionals do their jobs, after all.[break][break]
Yeah, that really is a pretty thought.” Navy agreed, nodding along with her words. Rebirth. Beginning again. It all sounded very religious. Navy didn’t go in much for religion. He prayed to Arceus when he thought his life was on the line like most people did, but organized religion and him didn’t really mix – not even the spiritual religions of Johto.[break][break]
I don’t think I could get behind rebirth or transcending stuff. At least not personally. The world put me in this place, and part of me wants to show it exactly what I think about that. My brother was the same way. Haha, we’re just two dumb kids, I guess.” Navy coughed into his hand awkwardly, realizing that might be crossing a boundary or two.[break][break]
Eh, sorry. Got carried away there for a sec. Magnolias and dahlias sound nice. I made that kid a promise I’d become champion since he can’t. I hope that promise can endure even when times get chilly and the money gets tight. Which ones are magnolias and dahlias?” Navy looked around, thinking with no small amount of dark amusement that a day would probably come where a case would hinge on his knowledge of floristry.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

[newclass=.siege-light] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light] --accent:#FFFFFF; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name b] color:#000080; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name] font:50px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 4:30:18 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
The patient way she regarded him didn't suggest the crossing of any boundaries whatsoever. If anything, Elisabeth seemed content to listen.

"Focusing on living in the here and now is wise," she agreed pleasantly. "It is far too easy to lose ourselves in the past, I think, or to dream about a future that may or may not come."

Her own reasons for preferring the concept of rebirth were not so religious in nature, as they were self-serving. An afterlife seemed more frightening than beginning anew on a clean slate.

"Magnolias are white flowers," she said, turning on her heel to indicate several flowering branches of large blossoms of dewy petals. "Dahlias come in several colors, however, with subtly different meanings. Red for strength. Pink for kindness and grace. Blue for a new beginning. White for purity."

The last time she had discussed dahlias came to mind suddenly -- a brief conversation with about her namesake, spent beneath the fireworks of Splashfest. How like the very woman who shared their name, they were flowers who bore grace under pressure and outlasted.

It seemed in tune with a dream like the one that Navy expressed now, to be Champion of the region.

"It's noble, I think, to wish to fulfill the promises you make. I'm sure it would mean a lot to him to see yours fulfilled."

Some assumptions were made, halting and uncertain -- a brother, a flower of grief, a dream meant to be fulfilled. Elisabeth could piece together some of what was unsaid, but was polite enough not to express such.

Instead, she offered him a smile as if to reassure him he had not overstepped in the slightest.

"It occurs to me I haven't introduced myself. How rude of me. My name is Elisabeth, Elisabeth Fiorelli. And you are?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 0:25:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

This lady was kind. If she kept this up, Navy wouldn’t even feel awkward about this whole thing. It was nice. He really felt like he rolled well on the gacha by choosing this florist. He guessed most of them would know a thing or two about the language of flowers, but this one really, really knew her stuff. One professional to another, that was nice to see. He hoped people thought he was as good at investigating as Queen Elisabeth over there was at being a kind, upstanding member of the community.[break][break]

Navy.” He said after she offered her name. “Well. Michael Navidson on the dotted line. Michael if you’re my doctor or lawyer. Navy to everyone else. Silly little nickname my brother gave me, kinda stuck.” He followed with a sad, somber laughter. “All the best trainers have color names. Silly kid. That was his dream, not mine…” [break][break]

Hold it together, Navy. Almost there. Just gotta buy the flowers, go put them on the grave, then this silly exercise will be done. He put on his best smile, trying to bury those feelings. She seemed willing to listen, but talking about it was still tough.[break][break]

I’m a private investigator by trade. I’m sure that a lady like yourself wouldn’t ever require such services, but, well, you know. If you ever do…” He took out a business card and offered it to her. “So, Dahlias. Like the commissioner. I think, given the options you presented, I’ll go with pink. Died in Sootopolis. Trying to help. Guess us Navidsons are born stupid.” Navy rubbed the back of his neck and gave her a dry chuckle.[break][break]

Think you could fix me up a nice bouquet of dahlias and magnolias? I’ve got the money to pay, so I’ll ask the real hard question. What’s the damage gonna be for that?” A man had to think about his finances, after all.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:26:59 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Navy, then. A singular pleasure." She paused, thinking for a moment, before she said, "Some people call me Elisa. You may, if you like."

Generally she preferred formalities, but something about the way he had been so open with her here made her feel more relaxed than she'd anticipated.

Although that ease faded as she accepted his business card between two fingertips, reading the text upon it with a slight frown. A private investigator. The faintest apprehension took hold of her; she was a woman with many skeletons buried back in Kalos, if he had the right name and the right sources to inquire as to her past.

Though Lisa Bortiforte, the Black Widow of Kalos, was not a florist in Petalburg City.

Not as far as Navy knew, anyway.

"I'd be surprised if I did," Elisabeth admitted as she pocketed the card, "but Hoenn is a region with many strange phenomena. Certainly, stranger things have happened than a florist requiring investigative services."

She brightened as the subject returned to dahlias, taking a notepad out of the satchel at her waist to sketch a bouquet of the pink flowers with the white magnolias. It took only a few moments for her to render her thoughts and hand them to him, although as he mentioned the Necrozma attack of Sootopolis, her expression visibly fell.

"Sootopolis was a tragedy," she said quietly. "For a few weeks, I'd travel to the city and deliver flowers to the memorial, for the mourners to offer to the fallen."

Her arms wrapped around herself at the memory. She had lost several Pokémon that day, but the true grief she felt was about other things. A shattering of innocence, perhaps. A reminder that the world could be callous and cruel, and no matter how well she'd wreathed herself in Rocket's shadows, there were still dangers she couldn't truly defend herself from.

"Consider this one a welcome gift," she said finally. "You needn't pay me anything. I'd be happy to do this one regardless."

Was it a calculated effort to curry favor with a man who had the ability to make her life difficult? No, she didn't think so. Not entirely.

It was a fairly straightforward order, in the end, and she didn't need the money.

But her reasoning wasn't so simple as that, either.

"In return, you can refer me to any of your friends. And who knows? If you become the Champion of the region, your word might hold great weight."

Her smile was warm, her proposed answer at once teasing and sincere.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 3:52:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

She was just going to...give him the flowers for free? That was unexpected. Not because of any low opinion about the woman before him. She was running a business. Human kindness always took him off guard. Gabe told him people were kind, and they looked out for each other. Navy went out of his way to hide the messier details of his jobs from his kid brother. No one ever went their whole life without being the bad guy in someone's story. But that was besides the point. She was giving him flowers for free.[break][break]

Navy smiled.[break][break]

The smile turned into a smirk at that final teasing note. He almost laughed, but he held the instinct in enough for it to merely be a small 'heh' tacked on as he spoke.[break][break]

"Glad someone else appreciates it's a political position. I used to tell Gabe that all the time when he showed off his badges. Told him that just 'cause he beat Lopez, they wouldn't necessarily just let him be champion. Heh, that used to get him so mad. 'By that point I'll have earned it!'. Kids sure can be silly." Talking about this helped. It was more natural than sitting on a couch and talking to a shrink about his feelings.[break][break]

"Thanks, Elisa. Pretty name, by the way. Can't say any of my friends would probably interest ya, but if you're ever in need of a drinking buddy when you're in Slateport, I know some people. Of course, if you're in town, I'd rather take you out for drinks myself." Wait. That sounded like---[break][break]

Navy coughed into his hand, his cheeks rosy.[break][break]

"Uh, platonic drinks, of course. I know all the best spots 'round the city. One of the benefits of my job." Smooth, Navy. Real smooth.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 4:18:24 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Human kindness unmoored Elisabeth, too, and a reversal of their circumstances would have similarly thrown her off her footing. People could be largely lacking in their own self-awareness, however. She could see no issue with offering kindnesses to others, even as she was suspicious of such gestures when extended towards herself.

Life had taught her to assume the worst in men.

"Yes, I imagine Mr. Lopez would need to have the position pried from his cold, dead fingers," Elisabeth agreed with a faint smirk of her own. Not that she really knew in any real, tangible way, other than seeing him once in the Cloud.

It was simply how she would approach such a position of power: covetously holding it close, hissing at anyone who might seek to take it from her. Something that had become intimately familiar with, after making the mistake of asking her to resign her position as an admin in Rocket.

"Can't say any of my friends would probably interest ya, but if you're ever in need of a drinking buddy when you're in Slateport, I know some people."

"Oh?" she said, tilting her head at him with a sly, curious smile. It was a crack in her professional demeanor, one that expressed itself with sudden laughter. "Do you think so lowly of your friends, or do I seem that snobby?"

Then the thought completed, and her amusement only heightened at the mention of 'platonic drinks.'

"I can't say I often am the type to go for drinks, platonic or otherwise. If I am in Slateport, though, I'll keep the offer in mind. My work takes me all over the region. Who's to say serendipity won't favor us meeting?"

There was something darkly amusing to her about asking a poisoner to go drinking at a bar.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bluest Bouquet [M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:19:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: