6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 23:08:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It would be a lie if Josh were to say he had no regrets about his performance today. While he could blame his self-evaluated poor performance on his injuries, it didn't make his final position any less painful. He wanted desperately to be on that podium, or at least in front of it like the top eight finishers were. He was not there. He was the bubble boy. The top finisher that would not receive any prize at all, whether in the form of recognition or direct compensation.

He was happy that so many of his friends were on stage, being showered in cheers, chants, and other commendations for their strong finishes. , , , , and especially for winning it all... that child truly was a jack-of-all-trades. Josh's specialization in speed gave him the chops to do his job of Gym Leader well. In a way, it was heartwarming; so many of those that had finished ahead of him had taken to heart the tenets of his Gym Challenge. Every single person in possession of his Quick Badge, whether it be on the podium or in front of him, reiterated in his mind that he was right to confer that Badge upon them.

Once the ceremony was over, he tracked Isaac down as the crowd, and other racers, began to disperse. "Hey Isaac, congratulations on your win! There really is nothing you aren't good at, is there?" His smile started to turn upside down as his eyes shifted to his left, the presence of on the podium yet another embarrassment for the Senior Ranger and Gym Leader. He had one chance to prove to him, and to the Silphs, that he was the superior racer, and he had miserably failed.

{WC: 293}

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:53:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was all smiles as the platform hoisted him into the air. How could he not be? He'd kept a commanding lead for an entire lap straight. He was getting all of the recognition and glory he used to daydream of years ago. He'd made an undeniable statement about his talent, his willpower, and his determination. It was everything he could've wanted.[break][break]

And yet.[break][break]

Who had fostered this success? The Silphs, a family and company that he felt were symbols of the League's failings. A megacorporation that devoured another in a merger that never should have happened, rewarded for their excesses not with checks and balances but with a spot on Hoenn's own ruling council. This was their cup, their trophy, their world; he just happened to be at the head of it for once.[break][break]

Where had this victory taken place? Mauville City, a bloated monument to excess that seemed to service things more than it serviced people. And it was all inside Mauville's very own gym, the one whose safety Isaac had inadvertently jeopardized on what was the worst day of his life. Even as he whooped and cheered for the crowd atop Buffaloman's back, that memory gnawed at the back of his mind.[break][break]

Why had he even chosen to race? For , because even though he knew the other man would be better without him in his life, he'd made a promise and refused to break it. Were it not for what happened, would Josh have been the one up here instead of him? The idea made Isaac nauseous. And yet, he held it in.[break][break]

After all, if there was any dream that Isaac had from the outset, it was to be an actor. An actor knew how to swallow down his displeasure and paint a picture of what the people wanted to see. That was exactly what Isaac did. Even as he felt cold and alone and smaller than ever, a tiny speck hoisted into the sky above this massive stadium, he put out enough pride and warmth and excitement to light the Mauville gym up.[break][break]

It was easy. All he had to do was focus on how proud he was of Buffaloman. He didn't deserve the scorn Isaac reserved for itself.[break][break]

As the podiums reset, Isaac flashed his fellow top men grins. "Killer job out there," he said, one to and one to . . . ? Huh. So this was the Razz he'd heard so much about, from and Rosmontis' trust to Josh and 's scorn. Interesting. He'd have to keep that in mind for later.[break][break]

Between Josh's speed and Isaac's central position, it wasn't very hard to track down Isaac. He regarded his friend with a quick smile, refusing to let even a shred of his mixed feelings and guilt show. "Heh. C'mon, you flatter me, man. There's plenty I'm not great at." Like being a good person! "But, hey. You wanted me here, so I put in 110%, y'know? Glad to see it paid off."[break][break]

As Josh's eyes wandered to second place, he could tell that it didn't pay off in full. "You did a damn good job, too. And I know once you're all rested up, you're gonna be swimming in the gold." Isaac knew he wouldn't be the only one to think that. If and Matt were still hanging around, they'd back him up in a heartbeat.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / M-M-M-M-MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 17:31:20 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

The final stretch of the race was pure chaos. Racers passed each other in a scramble for the finish line amongst the cries of Pokémon that were thrusting themselves into speed-boosting attacks. Julia felt a sense of deja vu as grew closer on Saber's crackling strides, but there wasn't enough room for them to catch up, leaving Julia to cross the finish line in 8th place.

[break][break]Julia stood at Chester's side in front of the podium, where she accepted her vanity check with a proud beam. It wasn't about the money, of course, even if it was a nice payday; it was about being among the best racers in the region despite her lack of experience. Chester's middle head leaned down to nuzzle his trainer, and both basked in their pride.

[break][break]Of course, the real stars of the race were and Buffaloman, who'd taken a strong lead and kept it right to the end. He deserved his spot on that raised podium. It was just a shame that not everyone could be up here with how well they'd raced. That was just how competitions went, Julia supposed. She could have just as easily been on the other side, watching the victors receive their prizes and praise, especially given that she was at the back of the winners' pack.

[break][break]She joined Josh in tracking down Isaac—not like it was hard—passing congratulations and support to the other racers she ran into. Even would get one if she passed him, albeit less energetically.

[break][break]"Yeah, you did great out there!" Julia said to Isaac himself. "I was trying to finesse my way to the finish, but you guys just ran over everything in your way!"

[break][break]Support then turned to Josh, who had just barely missed out on a spot in the winners' circle. "Yeah, definitely! You were right on my heels at the end; I bet once you're all better, you'll be flying right by us."

[break][break]Even as she supported her friends in their victories, she was already thinking about how to do better in her next race. This course had proven that Chester, while very much a good endurance runner (and a good boy in general), had his shortcomings when it came to winding, technical courses like this. There was a reason that seasoned racers like Josh had several different Pokémon he raced with, and not just because of the fact that courses could be on land, in the water, or in the air. Each Pokémon had its own strengths, and playing up to those strengths was one of the keys to success. Julia wondered which of her other rideable Pokémon would help fill in the gaps that Chester couldn't cover...

[attr="class","juliatag"]@silphcup

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 7:08:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MAUVILLE CITY
MEMBER-LED EVENT
STARTS MID-OCTOBER
ENDS TBD DECEMBER

MAUVILLE CITY [break]
Multiplex [break]
Difficulty: ★★★★☆☆[break]
COURSE RECORD: 04'14"034[break][break]

THE END

Thank you so much for making the CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP as successful as it was. Your participation and writing were nothing short of phenomenal. I will be reviewing the comments of everyone who submitted feedback this weekend and will be discussing changes to be implemented around early February for potentially another one of these events to be run around late February to early March. If another event is run, it will most likely be an aerial race. [break][break]

REWARDS

I have requested for Shiv to add the PD and Infamy to the applicable accounts. The rest of the items can be added to your PCs immediately.[break][break]

: Gold Trophy, Cool Contest Ribbon for Buffalohead the Tauros, 150 PD, 10 Infamy, 1 Harvested Figy Berry, 1 Priority/Speed+/Evasion+ Move[break][break]

: Silver Plaque, 100 PD, 5 Infamy, 1 Premium Gachapon Ticket, 1 Priority/Speed+/Evasion+ Move[break][break]

: Bronze Plaque, 75 PD, 5 Infamy, 1 Harvested Salac Berry, 1 Priority/Speed+/Evasion+ Move[break][break]

, , , , : 50 PD, 1 Gachapon Ticket, 1 Priority/Speed+/Evasion+ Move[break][break]

, , , , , : 50 PD, 1 Priority/Speed+/Evasion+ Move

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]