part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 6:23:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

THE PRIVACY OF THE INDECISIVE

THE PLACE IS DISTINCITLY JOHTOIAN. a traditional foyer is met with long, ornament walls. gaudy with gold colors and sprawls of pokemon designs that fit a more traditional art style.

fernando leads, the more familiar of the two, leaving her to her own when he talks to the hostess. a short, and quiet, conversation later has him return to her.

they don’t have much open without a reservation,” he leads. “no seats with a personal chef. but they have a private room for two.

he looks at her with intent.

if that’s okay with you.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 7:38:33 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Waiting in the foyer, Elisabeth entertained herself with looking at the ornamental walls, comfortable with her own solitude. Johtoian art was something she hadn't seen much of, save for when visiting displays were showcased in Kalosian museums. The sight was both vaguely familiar and mesmerisingly different. [break][break]

When Fernando returned from the hostess, she turned to him, genuinely unbothered by both the delay and the news he brought with him. [break][break]

"Privacy seems ideal," Elisabeth said, somewhat amused at his asking. "Given your reputation."[break][break]

The florist left the interpretation of her statement up to him, her attention briefly distracted by something else as he stepped closer. [break][break]

"A moment. Your tie is crooked," she murmured as she moved to adjust it, manifesting a habit from another place and time unbidden before they moved to depart. It was a reflex, something she'd done so many times before in another life, it seemed only natural to offer the gesture now.[break][break]

Appearances had always meant something in her world, and it used to be her duty to uphold them.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Sleepless in Slateport (November). [break]
- Outfit.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 1:43:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“I SUPPOSE MY REPUTATION PROCEEDS ME,” is his attempt at staying humble. given her acceptance, he looks to finalize their stay. but he cannot escape fast enough to elude her hands.

ah,” he says, almost absent mindedly, as he presents himself for her. “is that the attentiveness that makes your bouquet bloom so lovingly, fiorelli?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 3:01:20 GMT
[nospaces]

Attentive? Lovingly? [break][break]

His unexpected word choice made Elisabeth smirk despite herself, holding back a laugh.[break][break]

To plants, maybe. People were a more mixed matter, in her experience.[break][break]

"I thought we agreed you had better things to talk about than flowers," she said instead, releasing him once the tie had righted itself.[break][break]

She glanced up at him before stepping back, visibly entertained by her following thought before she voiced it aloud.[break][break]

"Unless you want this to be another business date."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 2:08:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“IT’S AN ANALOGY,” he insists.

but this,” his eyebrows raise, a slight waggle to point between them, “can be whatever you want it to be.

he extends a hand, palm face up, open for the taking. “just as long as you don’t get lost.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 2:18:48 GMT
[nospaces]

"I think we've already established that I like being surprised," she decided, taking his hand in hers. "How about this? We'll see where the night leads us, and I'll do my best not to get lost on the way there."[break][break]

Where he led, she followed, unhurried as her pace leisurely matched his. Soft footsteps led deeper into the omakase's interior, further away from prying eyes and the distant, muffled chatter of overlapping voices.[break][break]

"Don't take this the wrong way," came an impulsive observation, emerald eyes cutting towards his, "but you're a lot sillier than most sources would lead you to believe."[break][break]

That fact privately amused her, for some reason.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 0:13:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

IN PUBLIC, despite their seclusion, he refrains from intertwining fingers. instead, his hold together, supple and full, as their embrace leans toward a more conservative approach. an easy denial that can be attributed as courtesy, should someone recognize him, but that doesn’t stop him from keeping her hand closer to his side.

ferried between them.

the general interior is not far off from johtoian architecture of old. the fashion resembles the oriental flair of ecruteak, small spaces that keep people together. personal.

the layout is small and the bulk of it is taken up by a long winded sushi bar. like promised, there’s seldom spots, each one already taken by other customers. much too late to such a well received hole-in-the-wall, they’re shuffled into a small private room. screen doors slide open and leave them to a shared table with matching pillows.

when their host slides the door shut behind them, fernando answers her.

people like to think they know me.

his voice seems louder now that they’re alone and isolated.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 1:02:28 GMT
[nospaces]

She knew this sort of distanced intimacy well. Practised it, even, as part of her obligation to appear like someone she wasn't next to a husband who couldn't stand her for the person she was. [break][break]

Yet where there were similarities in this ghost, differences revealed themselves, too. This reticence not born of disdain, but courtesy, met his hand with a warmth much unlike the iciness that had once gripped another.[break][break]

It felt strange, doing this. Like going back in time and moving forward all at once.[break][break]

The doors slid shut behind them, and an isolation that would have once alarmed her instead left her calmed. [break][break]

"I don't think anyone really knows another person," Elisabeth said finally, an echo of a conversation they'd had a long time ago. She took a moment to take in the view of their surroundings, letting the thoughts marinate for a moment before she continued. "Who we are changes so much over time, from place to place, from person to person. Like Kecleons, shifting to our environment."[break][break]

It was frighteningly true for her, with twin lives neatly compartmentalized into two separate boxes. Though here, with him, it was as if another direction had branched and split off from them entirely.[break][break]

Some third existence that bled between the two, in ways that she couldn't yet predict.[break][break]

"Sometimes I think that frightens people, to realize how little we understand one another." Elisabeth lowered herself on pillowed seating, seemingly unaware of the sheer cynicism of her digression -- or, perhaps more accurately, unbothered by its dark nature. "Or how little we understand ourselves."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:25:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“PERHAPS,” is his diplomatic way of either saying he doesn’t know or he disagrees. he commits to neither, vocally, experienced enough to know that doing so never goes the way he wants it to.

but familiarity can create predictability. once you know someone—really know someone—you can predict what they’ll say, what they’ll do.

he sits on the pillows, across from her, forearms against the lowered table. a single paper menu lies at the center, a list of hand written items with a small description under each.

that being said, i think i know myself quite well.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:36:56 GMT
[nospaces]

"That's a rare thing, I find. Knowing oneself."[break][break]

Elisabeth mirrored him, turning the menu over in her hands and skimming the contents. Authentic Johtoian cuisine had been a difficult thing to find so deep inland in Kalos, and it had not been favored by her in-laws enough for it to be part of any outings elsewhere.[break][break]

She glanced over the top of her menu at him, curious.[break][break]

"Does it bother you, being misunderstood?"[break][break]

She'd been misunderstood many times over, in another place and time.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:53:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“NO,” he answers simply.

despite her own review of menu, fernando refrains from touching it. in fact, he largely ignores it in lieu of a snipper of her eyes.

people think they know a lot about me before even meeting me. you get used to it,” he reveals. with such a grand namesake, the fame and pressure that comes with it is one he’s long adjusted to. a quiet, private life, would be impossible without disappearing altogether.

such is the power of silph.

i find people believe what they’re told about others quite easily. all without every verifying is such claims are true.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:07:13 GMT
[nospaces]

Two opposing reactions presented themselves to his words, both stirring a different sort of empathy in response. [break][break]

She wasn't a Silph, but she'd been tied to a family that aspired to such grand and lofty endeavors. An unpredictable fly in the ointment of that ambition, they'd rewoven and retold her own story enough times that people held alarmingly malicious versions of her in their minds as true.[break][break]

Enough that she questioned, sometimes, if their version of events had been the true one. If she'd been wrong about the selflessness of her own intentions at the start of her marriage, and been even half as cunning as others claimed.[break][break]

To be misunderstood in that way had been painful, to her.[break][break]

And yet, another voice whispered to her that reputations existed for a reason.[break][break]

That if she had believed the things people told her about the man she married, she'd have lived a different life than this one. One littered with far less regrets.[break][break]

"The version of you I saw on 's talk show isn't the one I'd say I see in front of me now. People see what they want to see, I suppose, when it's presented to them. They often take away the version of events that's simplest for them to comprehend."[break][break]

When his eyes met hers, Elisabeth held his gaze there, studying him for a moment as she laid the menu down flat on the table.[break][break]

"I think I owe you an apology," she admitted.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:13:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“OH?”

even fernando isn’t sure whether or not he’s caught off guard. so, uncertain, he allows the silence to fester.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:29:38 GMT
[nospaces]

For a moment Elisabeth let her stare linger on something else -- some ornamental art piece in the room, displayed on a nearby wall -- as she attempted to collect her thoughts.[break][break]

It took a minute to resolve herself to speak them, turning to him again as she rested a chin on her hand.[break][break]

"I think there's a part of me that always expects the worst from people."[break][break]

It was a bittersweet admission, but one she attempted to coat in a tone that was more lighthearted in humor, reflected in a small, wry smile.[break][break]

"But you keep surprising me."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 6:03:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“AH,” he muses in acknowledgement. her revelation has little effect. “you said you loved surprises and i live to serve.