TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 6:56:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

THE PRIVACY OF THE INDECISIVE

“I SEE.”

the depth of their conversation deserves proper respects. it takes a lot to open up. to be vulnerable and expose the inner machination of what used to be idle thoughts given life during the dead of night. just how long had they been playing telephone?

i have known myself for a long time. and i do not have the freedom to change. to be different from what i am.

he smothers what he can of his wry grin. it bleeds from his feeble attempt—a concoction that’s too natural to control.

and that means coming to terms who i am. it has always been so definitive that it doesn’t matter how i feel about it. so i don’t.

he inhales more than just air. the essence of this moment. this pinpoint dot on their timeline, is laid to rest inside his chest. held without a way out.

but you open up something i don’t get to see often.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 16:30:40 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

"You do seem steady, in that way."[break][break]

Her own smile faltered in answer to his, considering his point.[break][break]

He spoke with such surety, she envied him. Half of her wanted to doubt this, that other people could possess such precise self-awareness, but it was difficult to detect anything in his voice that could betray him.[break][break]

Wasn't it true that when the world demanded you to change, you bent and broke to that pressure? How could someone who bore the weight of the world on his shoulders have remained so constant?[break][break]

She'd been forced to change, little by little, like the philosophical riddle of Theseus's ship: no part of who she once was seemed recognizable, and yet, she somehow remained herself.[break][break]

And still, something in her was always lacking.[break][break]

The spotlight of his conversation shifted to her suddenly, and she blinked, abruptly pulled forth from the reverie of her thoughts.[break][break]

"And what might that be?" she asked, curiosity and surprise lacing through the faint laugh that answered him. "You've always seemed a perceptive man. I doubt many things escape your notice."[break][break]

In this way, they differed, too. She always felt blind to the truth of the people around her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Sleepless in Slateport (November). [break]
- Outfit.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 21:44:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“HM.”

he leaves her with an anti-climatic interjection. a buy for time while hoping to hook her in on innate curiosity. to tease her in a way that makes her more likely to bite his bait.

i don’t think i can articulate it respectfully,” he finally relents, “but there is a comfort in not being relied on or held to a higher pedigree. there are barriers i can let down without infringing on your own.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:03:15 GMT
[nospaces]

"No, no," she said, thoughtful as she listened to him attentively, "I think I understand what you mean."[break][break]

His sentiment held an echo of another one she'd heard expressed to her, so many years ago now that it was hard to remember those conversations. Part of her doubted the man who had first said them to her was real.[break][break]

She knew what it was like to be an escape for someone. To want an escape, even, from the pressures that life could hand you.[break][break]

"You asked me when we first met what brought me to Hoenn. The truth is that I wanted to start over. The life I'd lived before had too much scrutiny for my liking."[break][break]

Her hands folded in her lap, smoothing out the skirt of her dress.[break][break]

"With the life you live? I can't imagine how often you might want the same thing."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:30:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“I SUPPOSE I’LL HAVE TO SURPRISE YOU YET AGAIN.”

his posture remain upright and steadfast. leg bowed in a neat criss-cross.

i do not mind the life i have now. in fact, i think i’m one of the only people who could manage it. whether it’s because i’ve been raised to do so or because i have an innate aptitude, i do not now. but that doesn’t matter.

his smile is wistful.

but knowing something is set. rigid. allows those breaks and deviances to add a special spice to life. growth, if you will.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 22:45:18 GMT
[nospaces]

"You might not mind the life you have now," she pried, "but do you enjoy it?"[break][break]

Curiosity drove this line of questioning, not any inherent judgment. Far be it from her to dissuade workaholic tendencies; the two of them had worked enough at a distance, late into the night, for him to understand that much of her.[break][break]

She wondered what drove him to live as he did. No one took on the well-being of their entire region on a whim.[break][break]

His posture did not reveal any desire to slouch and let the burdens fall from his shoulders, but still underneath it all, he was surely human. Though she wondered at even that, sometimes.[break][break]

"Sacrifice is rarely its own reward. If you do not give yourself moments of deviation, I imagine the burden becomes all the heavier to bear."[break][break]

That had been her experience, at least. Giving all of herself had resulted in receiving nothing back; to be giving was an inequal exchange, where the person who cared more lost, always.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 1:16:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“DO YOU ENJOY BREATHING?”

he exhales loudly, as if to make a point. despite this, his smile quirks when the airflow reverses. another chance to suck in this moment in time.

maybe it is the enjoyment of knowing that i am not doing the opposite; suffocating in the absence of what i could be.

his face flatlines under the pretense of contemplation.

i do hold pride in doing what i know only i can do. likewise, overcoming any burden, is reward inside itself. self satisfaction, if you will.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 1:42:54 GMT
[nospaces]

"And what else do you enjoy, Mr. Silph?"[break][break]

Her own smile returned, the formality of his name and title spoken with a gently teasing nature. There had been a time that conversations between them had been intended as a means of creating distance, with verbal barriers formed of wit and repartee.[break][break]

Here, it seemed as if every word they spoke tethered them closer, instead.[break][break]

"Is there not more to life than the pride of self-satisfaction?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 23:42:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

EXPLORING FINE DINING WITH CURIOUS COMPANY, comes to mind. but such comments are left unsaid. quiet murmurs of one-linkers that track better in his head than said aloud.

is that a genuine question, fiorelli? or are you trying to lead me to your answer.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 1:27:41 GMT
[nospaces]

"I intend it as a genuine question," she led, as all her questions up until this point had been. The pursuit of curiosity had led her here, question by question, answer by answer. Like breadcrumbs leading a Pidove away from the safety of its nest.[break][break]

How long had they both been circling the inevitable? Pretenses could only be upheld for so long before they eroded away.[break][break]

This time, her hand found his as it lightly brushed against his knee. She didn't apply pressure; she merely let it sit there, seeing how he might respond to her gentle touch.[break][break]

"But if you like," she offered softly, meeting his gaze, "it can be an invitation, too."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 19:15:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OMAKASE

“THEN THIS,” is a committal he doesn’t shy away from. “moments like these are the small and far between indulgences i get to partake. like fine wine, a reserved taste after years of toiling without respite.

her touch is met with stillness. acceptance, does not always involve opening up. sometimes just leaving things be, as they are, can mean much. like what they are.

she fashions a small smile out of him.

then take me in, fiorelli.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 19:57:00 GMT
[nospaces]

For all the unfamiliarity of their setting, this part of their story was a comforting chapter to revisit, in its own way. The faces might change, one man with coal-black eyes exchanged for another, but she understood the implicit contract they'd both embarked upon.[break][break]

The meaning of a single glance, the lingering of her touch, the way his faint smile peeked through the façade he wore: all this was the simple interplay of a complicated ritual, one she'd always liked most for its complexity.[break][break]

In public places like this one, only so many options remained for communicating her intent to a man of his reputation, even in a private room. She was cognizant of the possibility of the staff returning, of the wrong move in the wrong moment introducing a scandal neither would enjoy facing.[break][break]

So she leaned forward, notes of her floral perfume wafting with the movement. Her murmured words whispered soft and feather-light against his ear, meant for him alone.[break][break]

"I believe you extended an invitation to your apartment in Slateport, once. Now seems as ideal a time as any to collect on your generosity."[break][break]

When she drew away, the distance between them both felt impossibly small: bridged only by a little black card that glimmered on the table, signifying a pact left unfinished between them.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Pre-DotDD.[break]
- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OMAKASE
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:47:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: