Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 22:52:49 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Mistakes were made.

A sneeze came from Genny, as she was covered in her winter gear, quietly combing over the sands of the Hoenn desert. Well, what should be sand anyways. Instead, there was snow, far as the eye can see. Her red hair could be seen for miles out here, if not her giant red gorilla, Mr. Business.

"Wow... this is not what I was expecting." It's Hoenn just has snow beyond snow. Heck, she can hardly leave her home without seeing it these days!

Still, her personal heater, Mr. Business, would do his best to warm her up, as she traverses the sands in her furred boots. "Come on, Mr. Business! Rescue efforts! There are Pokemon who need our help!" Mr. Business gives a thumbs up, and Genny is back on the prowl.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".genny"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny b"]color:#FF4500; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny i"]color:#DAA520; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 23:53:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was still recovering from the aftermath of the battle on 99943 METENO. Two of his most loyal Pokémon were effectively on the DL; Aslan, his loyal Pyroar, would be recovering from Deoxys' METEOR BEAM for months. It was a small miracle he was still live. Then, of course, there was Twilight and her destroyed Mega Stone. She just wasn't the same without it. The normally stoic Dark-type looked visibly depressed. It made her almost unusable in battle.

It would, however, be a great opportunity to bring some of Josh's other Pokémon on a trip that would let them bond with the Mauville Leader. Raising a lot of Pokémon was hard; there was a reason when he traveled to Hoenn the first time, he picked out the team of six he wanted well in advance and didn't raise others. Giving even two full teams the attention they deserved, let alone the many that helped keep his Gym in order, was difficult.

While it was quite toasty during the day, it was late enough that the sun would soon sink beneath the nearby mountain range largely responsible for the Great Desert's existence. At night, most deserts got quite chilly. At least that was how deserts worked under normal conditions.

These were far from ordinary conditions.

With how many cold spots were produced by the NEVER MELT ICE spread by Kyurem's GLACIATE on that fateful day, winter gear was in high demand in Hoenn, and could not be imported from regions like Sinnoh fast enough. He would be dressed just like anyone else would in summer, and it was freezing.

The Gym Leader had planned on it being boiling hot as he searched for leads to replace his ABSOLITE. He had planned on going for a run on each of the six Pokémon he had with him. Instead, he felt nearly glued to Clyde's saddle as the Flareon led the way, the rest of his giant-sized Eeveelutions surrounding him in a semicircular formation. Inky in particular was in an usually good mood, as was to be expected of a Glaceon in the wintry hellscape. All six of them were in similar gear, the reins of each of the five riderless Pokémon each neatly hooked onto the end of their respective saddles. It was as though they beckoned guests to hop on.

Thankfully it wasn't terribly windy; otherwise, all this snow would start blowing and make it difficult to see. It was sunny but cold. When that sun fully sank, it was going to get harsher than a Johtonian winter, and that was weather Hoennians were almost certainly not used to.

{WC: 443}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Kamuy         Umbreon        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 2:43:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRUSTLE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMACK DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK WRECKER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUBONE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BONE RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDEAVOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 10:53:29 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
DRIP, Catching Cubone!
High and low, near and far, it didn't matter where, it didn't matter when, it was Genevieve's job to search high and low for rescues, and so she would search around every rock, every inch of this place was her's to look through!

It's about the point where she sees a rather disheartening sight. There's no silver lining, just her heart sinking so much into her stomach, that she could feel that stomach acid burn. A crying Cubone, and next to her, a still as ice Marowak. It had Genny's face completely shell shocked, expressionless. With it, comes a toss of a Pokeball. And a sulky smile.

"No one should have to see their mom die."

She puts the Cubone away. The ice and snow, to a Ground Type, that was a disaster waiting to happen. She needed to work faster. Mr. Business would come to place a hand on her shoulder, but Genevieve is inconsolable... at least, she was, until a stranger seemed to pop up, lined with a number of Eeveelutions, much bigger in size. Genny was on one hill, they seemed to be on another. And Genny began calling out.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" She yelled as loud as she could, hopping in place as she waved to get his attention! "STAY THERE!" She would take the moment to look at Mr. Business with a rather smug smile, only for the Darmanitan to sigh.

And suddenly, with a running start, Genevieve would begin bob-sledding on a Darmanitan, as she held on with her orange hair flying from her hood, letting it go free as she flew through the night air, before perfectly colliding at the bottom, and falling into the snow. The sounds of her giggles could be heard from near and far, as she was giddy now. Now away from that suffering.

Closer now, she calls out. "Whatcha doin' here? It's freezing for someone in a summer get up!" She almost sounds motherly in nagging.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 18:59:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The loud cry from beyond the hill got the Mauville Leader's attention. Admittedly, bobsledding looked really fun after seeing it in action. Johto didn't have the slopes to do it anywhere except along the north borders, all of which were too close to features undesirable for sledding, such as towns, public roads, and lakes. Hoenn was too warm for it...until now, thanks to Kyurem's deep freeze.

Clyde reared in fright as the Darmanitan raced toward the Flareon and rider, some of the other large Eeveelutions pacing to keep warm. "Elite Ranger Devlin," Josh answered, dressed in his blue Ranger uniform built for summer weather. "Call me Josh. I'll be fine as long as I have Clyde here," he gently pat his Flareon's head, the fire-type letting out a greeting yip. "I was on duty surveying the Great Desert's Primal Point amidst the aftermath of the Meteno operation, but this ended up taking a lot longer than I expected it to. I was going to let the others go for a run, too, but not with how cold it is!" He rolled his eyes not at himself and not at Genevieve, but at Kyurem for causing this awful shift in weather patterns.

{WC: 202}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:37:19 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
DRIP, Catching Cubone still!
The giggle stops. An Elite Ranger, hm. With a Flareon? That would keep him cold, sure, but it's far too cold to be going out like this, even so. Protection is important!

As Clyde gives a yip, Genny hoists herself back up, happily smiling to the Flareon. He was so sweet!

With the explanation of why, it gave Genny an idea of how to approach from there. With how cold the ice and snow is, how she blame him? This was awful, and with only Mr. Business out, providing some heat, now picking up from the snow, what else could they do?

"Well, Kyurem has to get tired sometime, so it'll be spring before you know it! Just gotta let the Watchog see its shadow!" Always a silver lining with Genny, and as she holds a hand out. "Oh, I'm Cadet Cromwell, Slateport Ranger!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 3:57:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MORELULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLEEP POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRENGTH SAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPOTLIGHT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYPERIOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHTNING ROD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK WRECKER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMACK DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE CUBONE!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 9:19:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

"Long as we have our fire Pokémon out here, we should be fine," Josh replied, able to stay warm thanks to the heat the Flareon radiated. He had firsthand experience with Kyurem. "I wish I could agree with you. You see, I saw that disaster firsthand. I very nearly lost three of my closest Pokémon to it." Janus shuddered, emitting nervous psychic emotions to all who were nearby. Inky scoffed and guffawed toward Janus, who was quick to retaliate with a low-power PSYCHIC wave intended to be like a slap on the wrist. Josh shook his head. "Sorry, Janus. Didn't mean to bring that up in front of you."

"Great to meet you, Cadet Cromwell," Josh said, giving him a thumbs-up. "I'm actually Director of Rescue Operations for Mauville City's Rangers, second-in-command to our Captain. Unfortunately, I don't ever get to see them due to being tied to the office. I'm also Mauville's Gym Leader. Those two are Janus and Inky," Josh gestured toward the Espeon and Glaceon, who had at last stopped fighting.

ooc: Passing!

{WC: 176}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 7:56:58 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
DRIP, SKIP!
Though initially, the words he says don't really hurt her, Genny does get a firsthand experience from someone who was actually present. Josh gives her the lowdown, and nearly losing three... it leaves bad taste in Genny's mouth. "I see." Her disposition seems to shrivel up a little, but a lukewarm smile finds its way back to her.

"Are your Pokemon okay now?"

Mr. Business has a smile towards her trainer. The ape seems to appreciate that genuine care for other Pokemon, especially when they aren't all present. Though, as he approaches, Genny takes a step towards Janus, and attempts to reassure the Espeon. "Don't worry. It's over and done with now. It's going to be okay."

... OH!

Upon hearing Josh's words, hazel eyes bulge out, as she hears the accolades this person has. Director of Rescue Ops in Mauville, second-in-command to the Captain, and the Mauville Gym Leader. Her smile disappear, and she gives a sheepish, albeit slightly panicked expression of fear. Very slightly. "Wowee. That's a laundry list of titles." Phew. Deflating that fear in her, she calms herself down.

"Neat though! How is it in Mauville? Slateport is really hectic; Captain Fawley has a run-for-his-money almost all the time." She's giggling now. And her nerves are gone!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 16:59:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's head tilted down. "Come to think of it, not three. Four. Janus here was one of them that almost didn't make it. He's doing fine now, as is my Skarmory." His tone turned somber for the other two. "As for the others... Twilight, my Absol, lost her Mega Stone in the final battle. I'm still searching for a new one, and she can't help but feel the search will place both of us in a great deal of danger."

He sounded a sniff, not from the cold, but thinking about her. "And my Pyroar, Aslan, has been in the hospital for a few weeks now. Some legendary Pokémon I've never seen before put big holes through his left legs with a Meteor Beam. It's unclear whether she'll make it, but she'll never be as strong as she once was. He truly is a Litleo in a Pyroar's body. I miss him."

If Genevieve were to allow communication into her mind, she would feel gratefulness and thankfulness coming from the Espeon's mind for the kind thoughts and words. "The Ranger office isn't too busy this time of year, but my Gym is swamped. I even get challengers from out of region, especially for my racing challenge. Did I tell you I used to be a Pokémon racer?"

ooc: Skipping

{WC: 219}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 3:59:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JUMPLUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 9:14:19 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
DRIP, CATCHING PILOSWINE!
Gratefulness and thankfulness was from the Espeon, which curved her lips upwards as she heard the story. Honestly, no matter how cold it is, it's always burning to hear how people suffer through such terrible events. She doesn't envy her colleagues in Slateport. Not at all. With closed eyes, she can only imagine. An Absol who lost a part of themselves, and a Pyroar that has been hospitalized now for awhile... likely to never be the same.

Probably the comment that hurts the most is a Litleo in a Pyroar's body. That one hits Genny in a way that only she knows, leading Mr. Business to patting her shoulder. "I'm sorry to hear that." What else can she say?

The change of subject is welcomed, however, as she sees a Piloswine in the distance, quietly moving and shuffling in the snowy desertland. As she gives a shake of her head at Josh, she says it quite plainly. "Is that like surfing challenges in Alola, where its all a matter of style? Or is it like, a race against one another? Mantine surfing is a hobby a former friend used to partake in, but that was all-" And that probably wasn't smart. Her ex-boyfriend. The man who professed love over the sea more than his own girlfriend-of-the-time. She stops.

Dumping him was quite literal.

"That's so cool though! Don't think I could run a Gym either though. I'm no battle ace!" She giggles, seeing the Piloswine now right by her feet. Fishing out a Pokeball from her bag, she holds it out towards the little piglet, and tosses it. The Piloswine was fine, but here's the thing. Once it got warm, it wouldn't be happy here. Best case, it needed a home now while it was safe!

Thankfully, Cadet Cromwell is on the job!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 16:43:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
An apology really was all there was for Genevieve to appropriately deliver. "Thanks," Josh sighed, Clyde turning up the temperature a little to help keep Josh warm. It was tough on the Flareon to do so without also making the rider's legs uncomfortably hot, but his adjustments kept Josh as at ease as he was going to get in the freezing desert. "Twilight will be good as new once I find another Mega Stone for her, but that's going to take... time. A lot of time. Time Hoenn might not have."

It seemed Genevieve was at least interested in the racing scene, which made the Mauville Leader smile and get his mind off his hurt Pokémon. "Nope, you race against me while riding your Pokémon! It's not enough to just watch your Pokémon run. You have to truly ride as one to get your Badge from me!" The young Ranger seemed to be beaming with praise for Josh, which he took with a warm feeling in his heart. "Funny you speak of that. I wasn't a battle ace when I first joined the Minor League. Then they promoted me because my Gym was so popular that I didn't have the capacity to take on all my challengers where I was at! That made me get a lot better at battles, and fast."

ooc: skipping!

{WC: 225}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 23:35:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAROWAK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAIL WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NOSEPASS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGNET PULL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LOCK ON
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE PILOSWINE!

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
Winter Sands [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 5:00:07 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
DRIP, S-K-I-P!
Losing a Mega Stone was like moving a piece of oneself! That's how Genny saw it, so she only hoped that this Twilight would gain her Mega strand back!

But when Josh goes on and on over how his Gym worked, she listened on. Not once, did she interrupt. Riding a Pokemon... she smiles. The Piloswine she just got was a contender when it grew up more, but she had a couple that might fit the bill. When he notes that his Gym is popular too, she can only stare on.

While some people were Battle Aces, she wasn't. Genny was not a battler, well, not a natural. What she excelled in was support, though despite that weakness, she knew she could at least try!

"Well, maybe. I guess I just never went through a battle before myself! I always watched contests when I was a kid, and those were always fun to me!" She regales, shooting the Gym Leader Ranger another soft smile.