Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
The Music Of The Night [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 2:36:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Of course. What do you think I've been waiting for?"
[Break][break]
The tease came with a lighthearted laugh as took another swallow of her sour then stretched out her hand for him to grab. Together, she'd lead them toward the corner of the dance floor, where the music hummed the quietest and further conversation could brew between them.
[Break][break]
Just with , Penelope had prepared well enough that their dance would at least start off smoothly, allowing for the mellow orchestra to help direct their beginning movements.
[Break][break]
"So,"she smiled back at Gunner, her voice crisp and elegant, "how are you enjoying everything so far? I imagine the drinks are to your liking at least?"
[Break][break]
It was another harmless tease between two hardasses with the same addiction to work.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 11:05:53 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]
[attr="class","gunnertext"]

[attr="class","gunnerpkmn"]

Gunner took Penelope's hand lightly, a sharp contrast to the way he'd touched not even half an hour earlier. He allowed the red-haired woman to lead them to the corner, taking up the proper dancing position with his other hand at her waist. The respectful distance between their bodies indicated a line Gunner was not willing to or interested in crossing.[break][break]

He took the lead, taking slow and graceful steps in time with the music. "I like it all so far," he confirmed with a nod of his head. "The drinks especially. It must have cost quite a bit to get only the top shelf booze from across Hoenn."[break][break]

An enormous amount of money had likely been poured into the entire event, from the floral arrangements to the musical talent. Was this what he paid taxes for?[break][break]

"Are you happy with how everything's turned out so far?" he asked his boss in turn.

[attr="class","gunnerooc"][break]

NOTES

Outfit + mask + Rotom-enhanced earpiece

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 7:27:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You wouldn't believe the bill."
[break][break]
Which was still accumulating as they spoke.
[break][break]
But, alas, there was no reason to fret over things they couldn't control.
[break][break]
Spin after spin, the duo kept to their corner of the dance floor, allowing the glamour to be fulfilled by the couples around them, which colors glimmered and blinked beneath the chandalier above.
[break][break]
"Mmm, I'd say so. There aren't any unknown causing havoc, so that's a win on it's own."
[break][break]
A quick jab at the star soiree that had taken place a year prior.
[break][break]
"Well, knock on wood."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 12:20:54 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gunner allowed himself a smirk at Penelope's comment about Unown. She was right, thankfully; the channel chatter in his ear continued to confirm a secure perimeter and no anomalies among the guests.[break][break]

"Trust me, our security would be the first to notice," he assured her.[break][break]

The next steps of the dance called for a dip of the female partner, which he executed gracefully. Though it had taken some turns around the dance floor to warm up, his old lessons on Kalosian etiquette were starting to come back to him. His movements were smoother now, more elegant.[break][break]

"By the way, I met with the Rocket defector for a chat the other day," Gunner commented. Even his small talk was about work. ". You remember him from the report, right? He runs the gym in Rustboro now."[break][break]

For a spy who specialized in gathering intelligence, the relationship his boss had with the gym leader was one thing he knew nothing about.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 9:46:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope had taken a notice of the incremental ease in which Gunner led them, going from slightly rigid movements to well-practiced grace. It made following along all the easier.
[break][break]

It wasn't until the word "defacto" and "rocket" was strung together did her own body tightened, turning into rigid stone.
[break][break]

"I know of him."
[break][break]

One breath was all it took for her to return to normal, assuming the same level of composure and grace she held before.
[break][break]

"What did your talk consist of? Anything I should be made aware of?"
[break][break]

Perhaps she was growing a little too insistent, but when it came to , her vulnerability showed.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 13:22:27 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

The sudden tension in Penelope's body did not go unnoticed by Gunner, considering he held her in his arms. He kept a neutral expression behind his mask, however, and she had the sense of mind to restore her composure before too much time had passed.[break][break]

Continuing to speak in a low but nonchalant tone, Gunner said, "I scouted him to determine if he had the potential to join our ranks. Not only had he obtained critical information from Rocket, but he'd survived within enemy lines and also escaped them undetected."[break][break]

Even in their corner of the dance floor, they twirled past other couples with slow, precise steps. Gunner kept them in the peripheral of his vision to make sure they didn't bump into each other.[break][break]

"I don't think he'd do well with us, though," Gunner concluded. "He'd get bored quickly once he realizes our reality is nothing like what's in movies."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 4:38:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

truly was her Achilles heel.
[break][break]

It was obvious Gunner would've sense the automatic stiffness that came with his name. If he hadn't, well, she would've need to reconsider his employment under their intelligence department. Alas, there was nothing more she could do than reign herself in and continue as normal, siphoning information whenever possible.
[break][break]

"Mm."
[break][break]

Soft nods filled her side of the conversation. If it had been her in gunner's shoes, she would've come to the same conclusion, curious of the prospects of the man skilled enough to slip out from Rocket without a scratch.
[break][break]

Her patience paid off, too, as gunner wasted no time moving into his conclusion, disregarding Cian as a possible asset.
[break][break]

Good.
[break][break]

"Is that so? Unfortunate. It would've been nice to have a new addition to our arsenal."

She muffled her sigh of relief with a convincing frown, hiding all else behind her delicate fox mask. It was better this way. Cian needed to be in Rustboro, protecting his gym from identifiable threats and bringing up the youth, not playing 007 and placing himself under more danger.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 20:11:11 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gunner nodded as he led Penelope into a twirl. The song had reached its final act, bringing the dance to an end with its final notes. "I agree. I did leave him my contact info in case he changes his mind — or in case he needs witness protection."[break][break]

In the corner of his eye, Gunner spotted dancing with the red-haired woman in the unique green dress. Though he did not yet know it was , the more often he saw her, the more convinced he was of her familiarity.[break][break]

"It sounded like no one offered that to him, and he didn't want it, either. It seems reckless not to accept it, though," Gunner continued, turning his full attention back to his boss. "What if a Rocket in disguise signs up for his gym challenge and then tries to assassinate him?"[break][break]

had submitted a similar report a few months ago after an attack on his gym in Mauville City. It had even made the news. And unlike Cian, Gym Leader Devlin had no connections to Team Rocket in the first place.[break][break]

Gunner shook his head. "I suppose it's not up to us, though."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 5:50:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

That was for you: reckless and without a care in the world.
[break][break]

Sometimes it was charming, like during those bubbly days they'd spend drinkin' the night away, hollering and running around Slateport freed from any burdensome thoughts, and sometimes, like when it came to his own safety, it was a frustration she had to swallow.
[break][break]

Either way, that was a spat that'd have to remain between herself and him, not Gunner.
[break][break]

"You're right, it's not."
[break][break]

The orchestral music began to fall back down to a close, moving to the crawl. Simple, spaced-out notes dotted their exit.
[break][break]

Slowing down, the councilwoman continued, "Don't worry yourself too much about him. If he wants the security measures, he'll receive them. You already did all you could."
[break][break]

She paused, gave it a second more worth of thought, then finished with, "Though, I'll see what I can do from my side. Maybe there's still some hope in convincing him."
[break][break]

Finally, the pair came to a stop, as both the music and couples around them dispersed into their merry ways, looking to only return during the next round. Penelope didn't waste time detangling herself from Gunner.
[break][break]

"Til then, I think our dance's just about finished. Have fun tonight."
[break][break]

For the both of them.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 21:53:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: