he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 19:36:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]
[attr="class","gunnertext"]

[attr="class","gunnerpkmn"]

Gunner woke slowly, the haze of pain into which he had plunged not even twenty-four hours ago fading as the ceiling of a hospital room came into view. At first, Gunner did not comprehend where he was, which sent a jolt of adrenaline through his system. He sat bolt upright, eyes wide. His gaze jumped from one thing to another until he realized he was in a bed, wearing a hospital gown, an IV line plugged into his arm.[break][break]

Everything came rushing back: the defense of Mt. Pyre, his fights against the mysterious terrorists of Team Rocket, the primal crystal beams, Palkia, Father Winter.[break][break]

The explosions.[break][break]

Gunner's eyes swept the room a second time. His tactical gear and broken mask were nowhere to be seen, though someone had left a folded pile of clothes and six Pokéballs on a nearby table.[break][break]

He was not alone, either. Another man sat in a chair in the corner of the room. It took Gunner a few more moments to shake out of his shock; only then did he recognize the chair's occupant.[break][break]

"Gideon?" Gunner croaked, his throat dry and his lips chapped.

[attr="class","gunnerooc"][break]

NOTES

Mission: Post PAAA[break]
Takes place on November 19, 2022

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 23:02:10 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
Why?

Why now? On the day of METENO's impact, when he should have been sheltering himself away?

Why now? When he'd avoided the inevitable clash between the LEAGUE and ROCKET forces at places like Mt. Pyre and Littleroot Town?

Why now? When hospitals across the region were full to bursting due to the skirmishes and fights that had broken out during a day some had claimed to be Armageddon?

Why had been gravely wounded? What were the odds, after avoiding the collision of a literal meteoroid? It was beyond reason.

Gideon had been a bundle of worry and anxiety the entire night he'd sat his bedside vigil. His brother hadn't woken from whatever trauma had caused his injuries - that by itself was agonizing enough. He'd waited, alone, poisonous thoughts festering in the semi-silence of the hospital room.

What if he doesn't make it?

Repeated over and over and over again.

And then his name pulled Gideon away from his darkening mind.

"Gunner!" He nearly fell rushing out of his chair, his appearance disheveled, the panicked relief in his voice betraying just how unpoised currently was as he stood over his younger sibling.

His hand clasped Gunner's own, careful not to disturb the IV.

"How are you feeling? Does anything hurt?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 12:46:06 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

As the adrenaline faded, it gave way for a full-body soreness with which Gunner was familiar. But layered on top of that were acute aches where Palkia's attacks had cut into him, as well as the stab wound through his arm. A dull, throbbing ache in his head accompanied it all.[break][break]

"Terrible," Gunner admitted with a groan as he slowly lowered himself back down onto the hospital bed. "Everything hurts."[break][break]

He closed his eyes and felt marginal relief in his head.[break][break]

"What happened?" he asked, though as soon as those words left his mouth, he knew Gideon would not be able to answer.[break][break]

Gunner wanted to know what had happened between his falling unconscious at the top of Mt. Pyre and his waking up just moments ago, but Gideon had no idea. No, Gunner would have to ask once he was back at the Bureau's headquarters in Ever Grande City.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 16:45:44 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"I'm... not sure." He admitted, squeezing his sibling's hand a little tighter.

"All I've been told is that you were brought to the hospital by ambulance. No one is telling me anything beyond that." Which was infuriating, but Gideon didn't allow that anger to taint his tone. He was doing his best to sound calm and reassuring.

Still, the uncertainty weighed on him. What happened? What could have caused such grievous wounds? Even that Gideon wasn't completely aware of; the doctors hadn't allowed him a detailed report on his brother's injuries, despite him being next of kin. Ridiculous.

"Are you thirsty? Can I get you anything?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 17:53:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Of course the doctors wouldn't say anything. They'd likely been instructed by League officials to keep the details of Gunner's condition as vague as possible. At most, the report would indicate a nonlethal stab wound through his left forearm caused by a knife, a mild concussion, and several minor lacerations across his body.[break][break]

Knowing that Gideon remained in the dark brought Gunner a measure of relief. The younger Graves kept his government service a secret from his brother for a long time — almost five years at this point. Gunner did not know how Gideon would react if he learned the truth.[break][break]

He hoped his family never would.[break][break]

"Everything's hazy," Gunner murmured. "I think I fell and hit my head."[break][break]

At the offer of water, he nodded. His throat was parched, his lips chapped.[break][break]

"Water would be great, please."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 21:36:54 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
This was something hadn't done in quite awhile - taking care of his sick brother. It reminded him of when they were small boys and he'd tried to help his mother place a cold washcloth over Gunner's feverish forehead. Even then, he'd felt a tender fondness for his younger sibling.

Gideon left the bedside, procured a pitcher of water, filled the indestructible hospital cup, placed a bendy straw into the hole at the top. Carefully, steadily.

And then Gideon returned, reaching a hand across his brother's shoulders to straighten into a more upright position before he handed over the water cup. "There we go. That should help you feel a little better."

After he'd had his fill, the elder Graves sibling asked evenly, "What's the last thing you remember?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 17:14:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Though the water was lukewarm, it was the most soothing medicine in that moment of pain and thirst. Gunner drank greedily, handing back the empty cup when he finished. Lying back down on the bed, he closed his eyes again, taking the time to formulate his thoughts. His lie.[break][break]

"Someone stabbed me," he admitted. The bandage around his arm would not allow anything but the truth. "I think they were aiming for my face, so I raised my hands."[break][break]

He looked down at his injured limb, grateful the blade had not punctured a more fatal place on his body.[break][break]

"The pain was unbelievable." No one really got used to the sensation of being stabbed, no matter how many other, similar wounds Gunner bore on his body. "I guess I blacked out."[break][break]

He looked down and away, feigning shame by not meeting Gideon's eyes.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:00:50 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
A head injury. Likely concussion. Lacerations to one arm, the severity of which Gideon couldn't see beneath the bandages. If there were other wounds, no one had told him.

With this limited information, could he surmise the events surrounding ' attack?

In his mind, Gideon could help by trying to piece together what happened. Not only to assuage his brother's likely confusion and anxiety over the ordeal, but his roiling feelings as well.

"Where were you?" Gideon pressed, the corners of his brow scrunching in concern. "Do you remember what you were doing before the attack?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 15:50:55 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Shit. Gideon was persistent.[break][break]

Gunner kept his gaze lowered and his expression schooled into one of confusion and inner turmoil. "I was out for a walk," he replied.[break][break]

It was best to keep the details vague. Above all, he did not want Gideon to figure out the truth of where he'd been or what he'd been doing.[break][break]

"I guess I thought it'd be fine, but…"[break][break]

Gunner shook his head and instantly winced. The movement had aggravated his headache; he lay back down and closed his eyes.[break][break]

"Sorry, Gideon. My head hurts too much right now."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 1:48:12 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
Gideon's eyebrows furrowed even further - not with concern this time, but with confusion.

A walk? On the day that a meteoroid was scheduled to crash into Hoenn?

Why had he not been sheltering in place? In fact, why wasn't Gunner even in Slateport City? He should have been at his residence in the Upper District, and yet here he was now – injured in a hospital bed in Lilycove City.

Halfway across the region.

"I see..." Was all Gideon could muster as a response.

The cogs in his mind were grinding mercilessly. Logic and reason held a vise grip on his entire being and when neither of those things were present... it set him on edge.

"I'll let you rest, then."

And then he stepped out of the room, more confused than when he had entered.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Wounds [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 4:31:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: