October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
All I want for Christmas is Spooks
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 0:40:35 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pokebody"]
[attr="class","pokepost"]

Elaina had made it to Mauville Hills, deciding to take the opportunity to catch some more pokemon. Sure, Ansel and Greta were both reliable, however, Elaina knew that relying on them all the time would make her look bad. Plus, this not only gave her the chance to check out the view, but it also gave her pokemon the chance to make new friends. Ansel wouldn’t have a problem in that regard, given the fact that he was mostly calm all the time. But Greta was … different. She had only been recently caught and needed to adjust to being with Elaina now. Elaina was surprised that she had managed to have the hisuian Zoroark listen to her, however, there were times where when strangers were involved that she wasn’t so … well-behaved.

[break][break]

Then again, she knew all too well that was rather difficult for most ghost-type pokemon to trust people, let alone their own trainers. It made Elaina glad that she had her father to teach all sorts of things about ghost pokemon before she set out into the world on her own. Part of Elaina worried about moving to Hoenn, however, she couldn’t help but feel that this place was comforting to an extent. The Hoenn Region greatly differed compared to the Unova Region. Castelia City, her former home was too big in her opinion. Plus, most if not all the streets smelled like hot garbage during late spring and all of the summer season. That was why she always liked when she and her father would go on vacations together, getting away from the cramped and sometimes smelly city.

[break][break]

As Elaina stood there, she caught someone in the corner of her eye. She looked over seeing another person. Elaina smiled, deciding to be friendly. “Hello! Merry Christmas to you as well,” Elaina had said, formally greeting herself. “My Name’s Elaina. What’s yours?”

[attr="class","pokenotes"]made this one first :3
[attr="class","poketag]

[attr="class","pokeicon"]

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

[newclass=.pokebody]background-color:#232323;border:2px solid #FFBC87;width:500px;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody h1]color:#7a7a7a; border-left:2px solid #FFBC87; border-right:2px solid #FFBC87; margin:5px 0px 25px 45px; padding: 0px 25px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokebody h1 img]background-color:#AD1A25;border-radius:100%;padding:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokepost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#232323;line-height:15px;clear:right;margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokepost b]color:#FFBC87[/newclass]

[newclass=.poketag]background-color:#FFBC87;width:200px;padding:15px;font-family:Times New Roman;color:#000;text-align:left;margin-right:-200px;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokenotes]background-color:#FFBC87;width:200px;padding:15px;font-family:Times New Roman;color:#000;text-align:left;float:left;margin-left: -10px;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeicon]float:right;margin-top:-75px;margin-right:-15px;background-color:#AD1A25;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeicon h2] border: dashed 3px #FFBC87;border-radius:100%;width:75px;padding: 5px 9px 2px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeicon h2 img]border: solid 2px #FFBC87; border-radius:100%;margin-right:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 2:37:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With Mauville Racing Grounds occupied by the Paldean Cyclizar Racing League for the last week of the year, Josh had to stretch his Pokémon's legs somewhere else in town. And what better place than to do it at Mauville Hills Park, one of the largest fairgrounds in the city? It was the best place he could think of within city limits to get used to riding some newcomers to his Gym, such as Voja, the Mightyena whose black saddle may have been difficult to see against her fur, and Komainu, the Houndoom Josh was astride and carefully holding the white horns of. His red saddle looked almost demonic on him, though it wasn't by Josh's choice. The menacing-looking gear was picked out by Komainu himself, who made it a condition of his willingness to be ridden. Houndoom were a fickle species, but this sure was a high-maintenance dog!

Josh caught out of the corner of his eye. "As to you," he returned the greeting, his Houndoom returning the female's friendly demeanor with a snarl and a not-so-friendly glare. "Komainu, please!" the Gym Leader gently pulled back on the fire-type's horns. "Sorry, the Houndoom's a bit new to the squad. Anyway, great to meet you, Elaina! That's a pretty name. My name is a bit more boring. Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh. What brings you to--" He was interrupted by a swift kick from his Houndoom's hind legs, forcing him to hold on tight to avoid being bucked off. "Komainu! If you want to go for a run with me, you have to behave!" The threat was enough to get the unpredictable dog to back down. He took a deep breath before continuing, "Now as I was saying, what brings you to Mauville?" Voja was much more friendly, the Mightyena letting out a whine as she gently walked toward Elaina.

{WC: 318}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Voja           Mightyena       Good
Blinky         Jolteon         Good
Luna           Liepard         Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
Kamuy          Umbreon         Good
Komainu        Houndoom        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 5:36:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SANDYGAST APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER COMPACTION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HERDIER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BABY DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAST RESORT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 1:07:55 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina had stopped as soon as the Houndoom growled; not because she was scared, but rather because it was the smart thing to do. Houdooms were territorial and didn't much like seeing new faces. Most people that its fire typing was the cause of such behavior, but Elaina believed it was its Dark typing that made them that way. Dark types don't really care for social interactions with anyone except their own trainers, granted they had a trainer. If the houndoom were wild, then it would have already attacked her by now. Instead, she stayed her ground, wanting the Houndoom owned by the male trainer that she wasn't a threat by any means. She smiled as soon as the male trainer spoke up. He also apologized for Komainu's behavior. "That's alright! I actually deal with that myself from time to time," she nervously chuckled, remembering the instances she had dealing with Greta, her Hisuian Zoroark. "I ended up catching her a few days ago. It was my first assignment as a Ranger. She was stealing food from stores while disguised as other pokemon," She stated, going into detail about her first day on the job. She admitted though that Greta has behaved a little bit better since she caught her, which was nice. She still had a lot of work to do in regard to making Greta more friendly, but she was determined that she could make things work. What's good about it was that she had experience with Ghost types, although she still wondered about Greta's appearance. She had never seen a Zoroark like that before. Since she was native to Unova, she was used to how it normally looked.

[break][break]

He also greeted himself, saying his name was Josh, as well as being a Gym Leader. He had started to then ask her a question but was interrupted by his Houndoom, who had kicked him. The interaction greatly reminded her of how she and Greta were most of the time, which made her chuckle softly. When regained himself and asked her the question in full this time, she quickly replied, saying "I finished my one-year of training and have been hopping around the region doing assignments until I'm properly placed. I told them that I live here in Mauville, so chances are they might have me stationed here. Well, one would hope anyway." She said, bending down to start petting Josh's Mightyena who came over to greet her, but as she started to bend down, a sandygast rose up from the pile of sand. It made the Mightyena back away, however, Elaina stayed in the same position. "It's alright! The little guy just wanted to say hello, didn't you?" She said immediately to Josh's Mightyena, while also cooing at the ghostly pile of sand which had a cute little shovel in its head. She gently touched the Sandyghast, almost as if she were petting it, which seemed to make it very happy. Elaina had then proceeded to grab a pokeball from her belt, pressing it gently against the sandygast, capturing it. The Pokeball rolled in her hand, waiting for the click to then get back up on her own two feet. How about you? Has the holiday season been slow for you, or do you still get gym challenges frequently?" She asked politely while holding her soft smile.

[break][break]

+ catching Sandygast!
[break][break]
+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC0066;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 16:36:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At the very least, Elaina seemed understanding of the Houndoom's behavior. They were a naturally aggressive species, as most big and fast Pokémon were by their predatory nature. The Gym Leader had constantly sold himself short on how just dangerous his squad was. Almost every single one of his Pokémon were big, and some of them could well have been former Alphas. Komainu was not a former Alpha, but the black canine was still an imposing figure, particularly with Josh at his horns. "Wait, you're a Ranger, also?" he asked, the mention garnering the young man's interest. "Where are you based out of?"

It wasn't long before Josh got the answer to that question, and one that pleasantly surprised him. "Wait, you're local? I'm the Gym Leader here! Though you may have already known that. I'm also the second-in-command at Mauville Ranger HQ, but most of that is handled by Captain . Er, Head Ranger Annalise." While he wasn't looking for a leadership position, he was the highest-ranked Ranger that wasn't the Captain despite his fairly brief tenure there.

"With the Paldean Cyclizar Racing League all wanting to challenge me since the barrier disappeared, I've been quite busy," Josh answered. "I was only able to get some time off after hiring about 15 new employees earlier this month. Even with my top Gym Trainers handling some challenges for me, we're still swamped. They're mostly racing challenges, too. Apparently it's a real hit, both in and out of Hoenn." Perhaps Elaina would find out in a bit that Josh was also Hoenn's Pokémon Racing League ambassador! He was a busy man, but what he did in all his positions truly was a labor of love.

ooc: Skipping!

{WC: 287}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 7:43:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRANBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] QUICK FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BANETTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW SNEAK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PHANTOM FORCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE SANDYGAST!

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 19:47:32 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"That's right!" she said, answering his question about being local. That was when he stated that he was also second in command at the ranger station. Elaina whistled and said, "Wow, talk about being busy, huh?" She said. She also got the Head Ranger's name as well. She would have to stop by there when the time arose. Chances are she would more than likely have to check in there for her positioning status anyway, so she kept in mind to pay a visit to the station when she could. Hopefully, once she was stationed, she would be able to do assignments locally rather than spread around the region, however, she doubted that would be the case, as all Rangers would be called to take on jobs where they are needed most. One could dream of such a thing though like she was.

[break][break]

Josh then proceeded to talk about the Paldean Cyclizar Racing League and how they wanted to challenge him to a race. "Racing, huh?" she thought to herself. It was apparent that Josh seemed like the guy to like racing, given that he was riding on his houndoom. Not only that, but she somewhat liked his outfit she secretly admitted. Sure, it wasn't necessarily her taste in fashion, but she did like a lot of things that had a gothic touch to them. Before she got the chance to ask him about racing, a Banette swiftly appeared, rising out of the ground using shadow sneak. It danced around them in the air, having a mischievous look on its face. It was obviously seeking attention and not in a good kind of way. Elaina had then called forth Ansel, her spiritomb. "I wanted to ask you about racing, however, it seems that will be put on hold until I'm done with the Banette," she replied nonchalantly. The banette then once again used shadow sneak once more, hoping to catch Ansel off guard. "Ansel, counter," Elaina said calmly, and with that, the spiritomb began to use the same attack as the Banette had used, however, it decided to lay in wait, and once the wild banette reappeared, Ansel rose up from shadows behind it. "Now, shadow ball." She said, once again giving the same calm tone to Ansel. The Spiritomb swirled its head, gathering energy in the shape of a ball, black as a night sky, releasing it at point-blank range in front of the wild banette. Ansel had made sure not to exert too much power into its attack, however, it was enough to greatly weaken it. Elaina wasted no time throwing a pokeball at the weakened banette, and after a few nudges, the ball clicked. Ansel had hopped back over to Elaina, bringing her the captured banette, which proceeded to place in her bag. She then turned back over to Josh and started to speak to him once more. "Apologies about that. Anyway, you mentioned the Paldean Cyclizar league wanting to challenge you to a race. You must like racing. Are you eager for the challenge?" She asked him, having the same calmness as before - as if the battle she had with the wild banette never even happened.

[break][break]

+ catching Banette!
[break][break]
+

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 22:00:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's smile grew upon meeting a local Ranger. Mauville was in a strange spot where, due to its location as a trade hub, didn't have a lot of troublesome wilderness surrounding it like Fortree did. It was part of the reason that when Josh had to do patrol hours, he rode between Mauville and Fortree. That, and any excuse to eat at the Beautifly & Dustox sports bar. He had been to a lot of sports bars in Hoenn, and that was still the best. They had by far the best steak fries in the region. "What's funny is how I even got both positions in the first place. I gave up the professional racing grind to join the Rangers when I found out it was impossible to return to Johto at the time." He wondered how much Elaina knew about Meteno and its aftermath. "You see, I'm originally from Johto. I'm still in the process of formally emigrating to Hoenn. Then at almost the same time, my application to open a new Gym in the Minor League got approved. I didn't want to give up either, so I juggled both. Then I got promoted to the Major League... and the rest is history."

Once she was finished with the Banette's capture, Josh elaborated about his former career turned hobby, then indirectly his career once more. "Like I said, I used to race Pokémon semi-professionally. And now I've turned it into the focus of Mauville Gym." He let out a sigh at the volume of challengers from Paldea he had to deal with, going as far as to drown out requests for locals to challenge him. "We're pretty swamped; I won't even be able to take on all the challengers personally. I just did a big hiring swath not too long ago. What's more exciting is their racing league might merge into Hoenn's branch of the Pokémon Racing Federation. They're responsible for organized races nationwide, including the ones you see on television." Having to keep up with all three of those left him with precious little time until he was able to divvy up responsibilities among all his new hires.

{WC: 361}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 21:54:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUTIEFLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWITCHEROO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ABSORB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DREEPY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFESTATION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BANETTE!

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 7:14:02 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina listened to Josh's words carefully, about how he quit racing to become a ranger, and how he got promoted from being a minor league gym leader to one of the major league gym leaders. Elaina couldn't even imagine how long and grueling that kind of change must have been for him. Well, not grueling in the sense that it was bad, but rather all the jumping back and forth. If she going through something like that, it would have more than likely worn her out mentally. Sure, she liked battling and did think about becoming a gym leader at one point in her life, however, the moment she turned eighteen, that all changed for her. Realistically, she knew that she wouldn't be able to handle being a Gym Leader, so she settled for becoming a ranger, which lead her here to Hoenn. "You're from the Johto region?" She asked him, never having thought about it. Admittedly, she thought that he was native to Hoenn, which was a mistake on her part. "I've never been to Johto. The only other region I've been to aside from Hoenn was the Alola Region. My father and I would go there every summer. Honestly, it was much more relaxing than being stuck in the Unova Region," She admitted. Unova was where she was born, and sure, it wasn't the worst part of the world to live in, but it definitely had its downs for the most part.

[break][break]

I'm not all that much into racing, but I know that a lot of people in Castelia like it. I'm more into classical things, like paintings, Poetry and all that. I also know my way around a piano," She said, remembering the lessons that she would have when she was a little girl. That was when her mother was still alive ... She instantly shoved the thought of her passing mother to the side. Instead, she decided to talk about something pertaining to his Gym. "I also heard that you occasionally Livestream your gym challenges. Is that true?" She asked, just after feeling a gentle tug on her trench coat. She looked down to see a little Dreepy, attempting to get her attention. She picked it up, gently petting it, which made it trill. "If I remember correctly, this little guy is native to the Galar region," she thought to herself. The only reason why she knew that was because her father had an oil painting of one in the foyer of their mansion back home. She pulled another empty Pokeball, pressing the button gently against its head deciding to add yet another ghost-type pokemon to her collection. It was also a dragon type as well, which made it rather powerful.

[break][break]

+ catching Dreepy!
[break][break]
+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 10:09:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's juggling of jobs truly was a labor of love. If he didn't get joy from making the difference between life and death in the lives of those he rescued, he would have quit being a Ranger a long time ago. He just wished he could make the difference in more lives. But his Gym came first. "You don't want to go there this time of year. Goldenrod and anywhere north of there gets hammered with snow." That was the one thing he did not miss about Johto: the cold.

At the mention of Elaina being from Unova, hinting she was from Castelia, Josh remembered the crazy football game he watched with earlier in the week. "Oh, speaking of Unova, did you catch the Castelia-Hammerlocke postseason Unovan football game? That double-overtime finish is one of the craziest things I've ever seen." Josh smiled at the mention of Elaina's love of music. He wasn't into music production, but before he became a Gym Leader, he spent a lot of time playing music games at Mauville's Round One arcade. He felt it best not to overload her with information for now, though; after all, not everyone was used to processing information at 200 miles an hour like Josh was. "I do stream Gym matches at the challenger's request!" he answered. "But only if they ask."

ooc: skipping!

{WC: 224}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 6:45:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SENTRET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ME FIRST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALCREMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWEET VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DECORATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE DREEPY!

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 23:03:31 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"Yes! As a matter of fact, my father and I were there in the stands watching. He bought the tickets for us to go watch," She said with a smile. Although, one important detail that she left out was that she had only gone to watch the overtime performance. It was her father that was more interested in the actual sport. However, she still had fun, despite the football game not being her thing. When Josh answered her question about live-streaming his gym battles, she thought to herself, "I wonder if it ever intimidates the gym challengers?" she thought to herself. She never really looked like the type, but she did live stream her playing piano a few times while living in the Unova region. It was a 'once-in-a-blue-moon' situation. As She and Josh continued talking, she failed to take note of the Alcremie that passed the two rangers. "Do you buy tickets to go watch sporting events, or do you just watch them on TV? She decided to ask him. Surely, Josh more than likely participated in racing events a lot, but she wondered if wasn't participating if ever fluently went to go see them himself. If he ever met her father, the chances of them two talking non-stop about anything sports-related were more than likely. Despite not liking sports all too much, it was clear that physically being in the stands was a hell of a lot different than simply watching it from a TV.

[break][break]

+ skipping
[break][break]
+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 17:04:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't at first take Elaina to be a football fan, but it seemed she was! "Wow, I imagine it was really loud out there. It was a hell of a game. You certainly got your money's worth, getting to see six periods instead of four!" Komainu looked impatient, wanting to pick up the pace. Shaking his head, Josh chided the fire-type. "I told you, this was supposed to be a relaxing stroll. If you can't behave, you're going back in your Ball."

He shook his head one more time. "Sorry about that. Some Pokémon like to be a little too independent. If you had a ride Pokémon of your own, I wouldn't mind letting him run, but there's no way you'd be able to keep up with one so fast." He firmly grabbed the big dog's horns again. "Back to PFL stuff. I've only gone to Goldenrod games, and because they were local. I'd never travel to watch a football game. And now, I couldn't. I have more fun things I want to do with my vacations, and the Gym keeps me so busy even when not taking challenges."

ooc: skipping!

{WC: 192}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 23:39:40 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SAWSBUCK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MIME-JR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FILTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECYCLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TEETER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]