6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
King Zing Sting [M][C/Elaina]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 8:36:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (elaina.pierce@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Flight of the Beedrill"
PROTOCOL: Search-and-Rescue
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

We have received a distress call from a young man in southeast Petalburg Woods. He is in his early twenties, with a short but pudgy build, with brown hair and brown eyes. Beedrill are swarming around a treehouse he has barricaded himself inside, and all of his Pokémon have been overwhelmed in combat. Your mission is to locate the treehouse and ensure the young man returns to Petalburg City safely.

At your discretion, you may handle the Beedrill swarm using a nonlethal method of your choice, with one exception: due to the sensitive environment and the threat of disturbing the nearby Beedrill hive, you will not be permitted to use Fire-type Pokémon or attacks during your mission. Please see attachment for the coordinates of the treehouse and hive. Do not attempt to approach the hive; a separate team will be handling its removal.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Josh wasn't taking today's rescue on by choice; Head Ranger wanted to ensure Josh's skills as an Elite Ranger continued to develop, despite achieving the highest rank possible within the Rangers for someone who held another administrative position within the League. One question Josh had been asked on his application was to list his worst fears, and one of those was a fear of Beedrill. 's Beedrill was a notable exception, as she was the nicest and sweetest of her kind, acting exactly the opposite of how her kind was known for acting. After all, it wouldn't look good if he was supervising a large team and he turned tail because of a single hostile Beedrill!

Owning a Beedrill of his own helped with his fear quite a bit, as well, but it only really made him less afraid of trained ones. Wild ones that came too close would still leave him scared stiff. It gave him the courage to, despite a scat serving as a reminder of how King Zing stung him while he was still a wild Pokémon, get the Beedrill fitted for riding. He had taken him to the same tanner that Shalin had, and even requested the same person work on the matter. He did end up owing a hazard fee for the species in question, but it would be worth it. And Shalin would be impressed! They would have to go bumbling through the woods together sometime when King Zing was a little more cooperative.

Sitting astride the shifty-eyed yellow-and-black bug-type, Josh kept his eyes out for , his earplugs at the ready. King Zing had no intention to fly until Josh and Elaina were ready for action; he was saving his energy to go all-out and prove that he was the superior Beedrill of war.

{WC: 476}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
King Zing      Beedrill        Good
Pazuzu         Pidgeot         Good
Bladestorm     Skarmory        Good
Verte          Flygon          Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
Wiley          Furret          Good
close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
I'm crazy, but you like that; ... I bite back.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 23:19:17 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina sat at her computer desk, reading an online article. As her eyes scanned the article, seemingly intrigued by its content, she got a ping, seeing that she received an email from . She thoroughly read through the email, seeing that she and he were given an assignment together. “Good to know,” she thought to herself, referring to the mention of not using fire pokemon, as well as fire-based moves. A part of her wanted to bring her new scorbunny along, however, that would have to be another time. Instead, she grabbed, Ansel’s, Ira’s, and a couple more pokeballs, and swiftly headed out the door, wasting no time in heading out to the scene.

[break][break]

As she approached their meet-up point, she saw Josh sitting atop a Beedrill, which she didn’t know he had. “Hey, Josh. I’m ready to set out, whenever you are,” Elaina had said. She called out her skarmory, having no need to fly with him. Thanks to his flying lessons, she was able to start training her skarmory for flight, and at first, she thought that the steel bird would be difficult, since she had only caught it recently, however, it actually warmed up to her. What she wasn’t expecting though was for Josh’s Beedrill, to be extremely different from Shalin’s.

[break][break]

+ Sorry for the wait! ;-;
[break][break]
+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC0066;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 17:08:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At last, Elaina had arrived alongside a Skarmory. "Ah, Elaina, there you are!" he awkwardly waved from the back of his giant wasp. "King Zing's one of my newest partners, and I felt he'd be perfect for the job. Since I have a Beedrill of my own, I was thinking we could handle it this way. I could serve as a d-d-decoy to distract the wilds while you get the boy." There was still a bit of hesitancy in his voice, his Beedrill phobia showing. Sitting atop one helped some, though he still vividly remembered the painful sting King Zing delivered to his left arm while the bug-type was still wild.

Once the plan was clear and the two were ready to head to the forest, Josh put his earplugs back in, then flicked King Zing's reins. With loud and powerful buzzing that made Josh yelp from absorbing the wings' feedback while the Beedrill was still on the ground, the two flying Pokémon were off. Josh's mount had his foreleg stings completely outstretched, the rider having to pull on his Beedrill's right-side rein constantly to coax the aggressive creature away from spearing the steel-type.

{WC: 195}
{PC: 1}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 7:15:04 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina’s skarmory spread its wings out violently, ready to defend itself against Josh’s Beedrill, but the moment Elaina gave Daedalus a ‘don’t you dare’ look, making it retract its blade-like wings back to its sides. As Josh spoke, Elaina had assumed that he was possibly scared of bug-type pokemon. The yelp that he had made when his Beedrill readied its stingers at her skarmory made her assumption seem all the more reasonable.

[break][break]

However, instead of verbally asking him, she decided to focus on what they were actually here for. “Sounds like a plan to me. I also have a few pokemon that can help you if needed, Just in case things get a bit too hairy,” Elaina had said with a smile. She had never shown all of the pokemon that she had acquired since the last time they met. Not only that, but this was their first time ever working together on an assignment, so Elaina chose the pokemon that she brought with her carefully. As for her skarmory, Daedalus was mainly for riding to where their destination was, which wasn’t all too far away.

[break][break]

When the two flew up into the air, Elaina noticed that Josh’s Beedrill was pretty agitated at the fact Daedalus was present. That was when she had figured it’d be best to fly ahead and keep somewhat of a distance together until they had reached the ground again. Then, Elaina would return her skarmory back to its Pokeball, bringing out Ansel the spiritomb, Skoffnung the Aegislash, and Selena the Espeon. Elaina looked towards the distinct sound of a Beedrill’s wings - a lot of them, out of the clearing where they had landed. “Josh, you’ll need to distract the hoard somehow in order for me to get close. If you want, you can use Selena and Skoffnung to help you out. I’ll be taking Ansel with me when I go in,” Elaina said, as they got closer to the loud sound of buzzing beedrill.

+
[break][break]
+

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 18:07:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The giant wasp's agility was something Josh was not used to at all; when he made what he thought was a moderate pull on the yellow Pokémon's right rein, his mount's right-side wing stopped beating for a split second, flinging Josh about in the saddle. It was one of a few flying Pokémon of his that he didn't have fitted with a cocoon due to concerns of the vibrating exoskeleton. All of that throbbing would have left Josh's lower body in pain if he was cocooned up!

Once the duo reached the entrance, Josh had his Pokémon descend to just beneath the canopy. He kept his eyes open for telltale signs of the aggressive, venomous species, his own hearing on notice from needing to protect his ears from the loud buzzing. How did Shalin put up with this nonsense, anyway? Was it truly worth giving up one's hearing to ride a flying insect? There were much easier Pokémon to control that didn't require the dulling of a sense as valuable as hearing!

When Elaina took a sudden turn away from Josh, he figured she had gotten on their quarry's trail. Sharply reining his mount in that direction, the fired-up Beedrill turned his wings up to full blast, the buzzing sounding like a stuttering vehicle engine as King Zing raced toward and above Elaina.

{WC: 227}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 18:49:45 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina and her pokemon followed Josh and his beedrill on foot now, racing towards the ever-growing sound of the swarm. The moment the hoard of Beedrill as well as the treehouse came into view, some of the leftovers from the hoard quickly took notice of Elaina as well as Josh flew on King Zing. Some had gone after Josh, while some went after Elaina. Selena used her psychic powers, stopping the small number that went after her master. "Ansel, Hypnosis!" Elaina called out to her spiritomb, placing the beedrill that were frozen by Selena's psychic powers asleep, They slowly sputtered to the ground, trying to not fall asleep but failed to stay awake.

[break][break]

Elaina rushed forward, with Ansel now in her hands. "Help josh out while I try to get inside!" She said to her other two pokemon. With Josh wearing his earplugs, there wouldn't be any point to talk with him, especially with the small number of Beedrill on his tail. As Elaina started to make her way inside the treehouse, her other three pokemon had gotten to work in helping out Josh. Selena once again used PSYCHIC to grab the attention of a few members of Beedrill who almost closed in on Josh and King Zing. Some of them kept pursuing him, while some of the ones that were caught by Selena's psychic powers had decided to go after her, only to be blocked by Skoffnung's KING SHIELD, only to be blasted once again by another PSYCHIC from Elaina's Espeon. The Aegislash would keep up their defenses, while Selena would counter when able, keeping a good number away from Josh.

+
[break][break]
+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 22:40:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The loud buzzing worked! It drew the swarm's attention away from Elaina, whose Aegislash and Espeon were able to think their ranks. The psychic-type had to be careful, though; while quite a bit of the hive had been put to sleep with Hypnosis, the ones that were still conscious saw the invading Pokémon for what they were: big threats. Three more Beedrill divebombed Selena in a pincer attack with their rear FELL STINGERs extended.

Hearing the swarm even though his earplugs made Josh tense up. Though sitting on King Zing's back had helped assuage his fear of stinging insects some, it was still there. It didn't help matters that the tingling in Josh's limbs grew more intense the longer the warrior wasp flew without landing. Losing feeling in his limbs from the vibration as his mount flitted about and fought to repet the swarm, Josh reached for the release switch on his Pidgeot's Poké Ball, but missed it from being unable to feel it! It had dulled his senses so much that he failed to notice one of the wilds had stung him in his upper right arm! Once he hopped off the buzzing Pokémon, that arm was going to feel like it was on fire!

{WC: 208}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 14:30:35 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina had made it inside the Treehouse, having no trouble spotting the pudgy young man sitting in the corner, obviously terrified. At first, he thought that she was one of the Beedrill, however, she quickly spoke and said, “I’m a ranger, I’m here to get you out of here with my partner,” Elaina had said, referring to Josh. She looked out the only window from inside the treehouse, seeing that Josh had been injured. She called forth yet another pokemon - a female Jellicent.

[break][break]

“Amber, go tend to Josh’s wound,” Elaina had said, while she directed the young man back the way she had come from, leading the way so that he would not end up attacked by any of the Beedrill. That was when two Beedrill had attempted to try and get through the door, trying to sting Elaina but with them, both trying to get through the door at once wasn’t happening. Ansel then used Spiritomb once more, making the two bees fall to the ground asleep. Elaina placed a finger to her lips while looking at the young man before he started speaking. She then gestured to follow her lead, slowly stepping over the Bedrill that were now asleep. Once Elaina herself managed to get through without stepping on them, she helped the young man through next.

[break][break]

Meanwhile, Selena and Skoffnung were continuing to work well together, keeping up their defensive counters, and weakening the Beedrill that were attacking them. Amber the Jellicent had also got attention from the hoard of Beedrill but were quickly taken care of by a well-placed BRINE, using the water it formed to severely dampen the Beedrill’s wings, making them fall harshly to the ground. With their wings severely wet, they could not fly let alone get off their backs. Amber then gently took Josh’s injured arm, using RECOVER to heal his wound. It more than likely wouldn’t fully repair it, but it would nullify the sensation he felt for the most part. After the mission was over, he’d need to seek proper medical treatment.

+
[break][break]
+

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 23:27:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elaina's combination of Brine and Hypnosis left the hive incapacitiated, either by virtue of their waterlogged wings unable to vibrate fast enough to sustain flight. King Zing's were included in that damp environment, Josh forced to switch serial rides to Resheph, his Dragonair. Less than a minute after he was on the serpentine dragon, he had regained feeling in his limbs, including the new burning sensation from the Beedrill venom coursing through his left arm. He let out a loud hiss, followed by a cry of anguish from how much the sting hurt.

Amber's Recover at least relieved the intense pain, but his arm was still stiff. He couldn't even pull Resheph's reins with his left hand, forcing the Dragonair to fly on her own accord rather than with Josh's direction, which was the control method she was used to. "Thanks, Elaina. You're a life saver." He sent out Pazuzu, his Pidgeot, for either Elaina or the now-rescued young man to fly on. Resheph could carry two in her saddle, but not three, making it a two-Pokémon job regardless. "Let's get out of here and back to Petalburg."

{WC: 189}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Balance

She/her
Twenty-one
October 13
Castelia City, Unova
Heterosexual
PKMN Ranger
Cadet
Single
47 height
47 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaina
ELAINA PIERCE
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 12:56:39 GMT
ELAINA PIERCE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Elaina smiled at Josh, giving him a nod. However, just before she was about to call out her skarmory once more. Another beedrill appeared, and judging by its slightly larger body, it was the leader of the hoard that attacked the young man. “We’ll head out after this last one is dealt with,” Elaina smirked, knowing just pokemon to handle this overgrown bee. Two, in fact. She released her final two pokemon - her Zoroark and Annhilape. “Don’t kill it, but make sure it won’t bother us,” Elaina said sternly to the two. Greta and the Annihilape nodded together, hearing Elaina’s words. The hisuian zoroark roared, gathering black abysmal energy, while the Ira the Annihilape did the same, gathering it in its fist. Just as the gigantic beedrill lunged after them, Greta unleashed her BITTER MALICE simultaneously with Ira’s RAGE FIST, colliding into the massive beedrill together.

[break][break]

When the smoke cleared, the massive beedrill was knocked out cold. “Well, I don’t think it’ll be following after us. Same goes for the rest of the hoard,” Elaina said, calling back the rest of her pokemon to their respective pokeballs before sending out her skarmory. Moments before she hopped on Daedalus, She and Josh took off on their respected flying pokemon; dropping the young man off at his home. “Despite you’re injury, I think things went well,” Elaina had said to her second-in-command. “Make sure you get that taken cared of, yeah?” She smiled before she and Josh officially parted from one another. She was glad that she brought a pokemon that could heal injuries, otherwise, Josh’s arm would’ve been much worse than it was currently.

[break][break]

Meanwhile, Selena and Skoffnung were continuing to work well together, keeping up their defensive counters, and weakening the Beedrill that were attacking them. Amber the Jellicent had also got attention from the hoard of Beedrill but were quickly taken care of by a well-placed BRINE, using the water it formed to severely dampen the Beedrill’s wings, making them fall harshly to the ground. With their wings severely wet, they could not fly let alone get off their backs. Amber then gently took Josh’s injured arm, using RECOVER to heal his wound. It more than likely wouldn’t fully repair it, but it would nullify the sensation he felt for the most part. After the mission was over, he’d need to seek proper medical treatment.

+ I think now we can end it XD <3
[break][break]
+

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 5:56:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: