shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1054889526239170630/the_game_is_afoot.mp3[/player][break]
Partners ~ The Game is Afoot! - The Great Ace Attorney 2
[break]

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 04 experience your emotions being overridden by the song sung periodically throughout the kingdom; conversely, become cursed by the song and find yourself perpetually dancing before breaking the curse (e.g. dampening sound).
  • 05 suffer the status condition, "burn".
  • 07 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.
  • 08 involve "lockpicking" or "jamming machinery" in some way.
  • 09 use the move, "shift gear", "gigaton hammer", or "autotomize".
  • 🗺️ utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ 's burgeoning leadership skills must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's prowess in battling/fighting must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's experience and expertise from her "bullet hell" non-traditional gym challenge must be pivotal in some way.
  • 🗺️ the POKESHI DOLL is adored by the soulless magearna present within the realm. encounter magearna that break out of their mechanized routines to seek the doll, as if attempting to console or care for it. similarly, IRON BARKTONGUE can be used to distract or feed soulless volcanion, the mushroom's sturdy constitution contributing to the soulless pokemon's hardy carapace.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: HEMCB
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 13:20:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

for whatever reaon fathomable, he finds himself venturing into another rift with . it seems he cannot get rid of his brother. but then again, it's not like he's making an effort to. even if he doesn't admit as much, he appreciated having bo on their ultra desert team.[break][break]

"thanks for the invite, mel! and welcome to the minor league, young hideo."[break][break]

he greets and respectively, then remembers and turns to .[break][break]

"oh, and it's a pleasure to finally meet you, dr. morales!"[break][break]

it's safe to say he's excited to explore the mechanical kingdom.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 23:22:57 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
[attr="class","boruta"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
despite any discontentment, it was better to have cian in his sight, especially as things in their world kept getting weirder. war loomed like tall clock towers in the distance.[break][break]

though self-conscious before all three of them because of , bo still smiled.[break][break]

”yeah, thanks.” for the invite, . and to , ”congrats on that.” the minor league. ”i’ll have to come take the challenge some time.”[break][break]

was the more familiar of the three. he knew her from the tea atelier. ”good to see you, dr.” he wondered about rayquaza, but imagined she was likely too used to that now, so he’d spare her the usual questions. besides, he had one more pressing.[break][break]

”what do you know about this place?”[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-heatran"]

[newclass=".boruta"]--accent:#c08f24; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/KhHB73K.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote b, .boruta blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .boruta blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .boruta blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 0:14:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It wasn't his first time down here in the mechanical kingdom. It probably wouldn't be the last. But this time, he was going with another group, one much more directly-affiliated with the League. Which he technically was now, considering the new role he'd taken up. Indirectly, but he was already being recognized for it - and less likely to get detained for wandering around here.

"Thanks for the welcome!" he said, facing towards - though it was also meant for . "And as long as I got spots open, you're free to take a shot at it. I already got two people lined up, so spots are filling fast~"

He rode the small high that last part brought him; he didn't know how long it was supposed to take gym challenges to get filled up (even if his was less official), though he did know they were often filled the moment he'd try looking for his own. Already getting two challengers instilled excitement within him, and he was sure as heck gonna brag about it when he got the chance.

And once he saw the opportunity to provide some intel, he couldn't resist butting into a question asked for .

"I can actually give some info. This is the second time I've been down here, and the first was a trip."

"Whole place is made of clockwork stuff. It's like walking in a grandfather clock. And there are Pokemon here made of metal too that help defend it - and they're hostile to us. I encountered a massive Corviknight and several Volcanion, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other Steel Pokemon around here too."

He pointed towards the Ralts sitting atop his shoulders - or, rather, Uxie Illusion'd as a Ralts, courtesy of a Skill Swap and a Zorua that was going to Levitate the moment it got out of its ball.

"I was lucky my Ralts here could keep such a close eye on things for me. His Telepathy saved my butt."

He wasn't just bragging there: it was also a message to , that she wouldn't have to watch over him the entire time they were down here.

Hideo accepts praise - brags a bit
Butts into 's question for
Hideo explains place is all clockwork, and there are mechanical Pokemon here to defend it
And by defend it, he means those Pokemon will attack them
Notes (to ) that his "Ralts" (Uxie with Illusion) will be his eyes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 5:54:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Back to the Mechanical Kingdom. The sepia world stretches out before them; an artificial world that hum with the groans of rusty mechanical life. Eva’s right hand grips the bag’s strap tight across her chest. Their last visit was quite eventful, she’s happy to be going with people she knows she can trust this time around even though she’s not familiar with all of them. Honestly, she’s still wary of the Rocket turncoat, , but she returns his kind greeting with a warm smile, “Nice to finally meet you too.”

Eva was more familiar with Cian’s brother, , “Thanks for coming!” she chimes in, giving and a similar gesture of gratitude. She doesn’t have much to add to Hideo’s explanation, “Yes, but we wary of the mechanical instruments. There were some traps last time too,” steam that burned as hot as fire, “I’ll have Jabber here help us DETECT any,” she releases the Hitmonchan to lead the way for them. The combination of his KEEN EYES and ability to DETECT threats would likely come in handy.

The Hitmonchan pounds it’s crimson fists together before jumping forward to lead a safe path further into the Kingdom – Eva follows, “The Volcanion travel in packs and can be quite vicious so speak up if you see any,” she warns to emphasize Hideo’s point.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,257 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 6:14:58 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

"No problem!" she says cheerily as she raises a hand to wave to the group.[break][break]

She knew everyone here pretty intimately except so she was curious about him. she smiles with pride as if she was actually the reason that Hideo became a minor gym leader, she had nothing to do with it. However she plays into the bit going on in her mind, placing an Elbow on his head. "Yup! This lil guy is my student! Impressed em all with his battling skills." [break][break]

She laughs a bit afterwards as she ruffles his hair. She eyes the "Ralts" knowing full well who it was as she nods to it. At least she'd be able to move around a bit more freely with the guardian watching over him. Cobalion bumps into melody from behind, she looks up, his fur blocking her face. "Oh. Yeah some of you guys haven't met him. This is Cobalion." [break][break]

He huffs at them, not very interested in either or but lingers more towards and . "Sorry, he can be a bit rude towards new people." [break][break]

As Hideo and Eva give a run down of the place Melody's eyes light up with excitement. "This place is so cool! So...intricate! Who...or what the heck made all of this?!" she asks out loud "Surely it wasn't JUST pokemon...was it?" she wonders as she watches all the gears moving independently of one another at their own beat. [break][break]

Was that music playing? She could just barely hear it.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 12:21:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

cian regards cobalion with a nod and nothing more. his attention is quickly pulled away by 's question.[break][break]

"i have no idea but i'm excited to find out."[break][break]

he smiles brightly before asking a question:[break][break]

"anyone else hear music?"[break][break]

he pauses, listening.[break][break]

"is it coming from that?"[break][break]

he points to the BROKEN CLOCK TOWER in the near distance. it seems like the most convenient place to investigate. that's what these expeditions are for, aren't they? investigation. discovery.[break][break]

"want to go check it out?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:35:42 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
[attr="class","boruta"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
hideo looked his son’s age, which was basically an adult in hoenn years, so nothing to worry about, right? especially if he was a protege of the elite four. he smiled at the relationship between teacher and student. hopefully, one day, would take a break from being such a shithead and let him teach him a thing or two.[break][break]

”noted,” he chuckled. ”alright, then. i’ll check my schedule after we make it outta here.” would bo take ’s challenge before ’s?[break][break]

cobalion was greeted with a respectful nod, similar to his brother’s. ”no offense taken,” he assured .[break][break]

some of these notes had been passed on to the rangers already, but it was good to hear from those with firsthand experience. bo nodded, interested especially in the packs of volcanion had mentioned.[break][break]

the music found its way into his ears next, setting his bones to some rhythm unfamiliar to him. ”i hear it too…” and he was starting to feel a bounce in his step.[break][break]

not quite realizing how he was losing control, he nodded, ”yeah, sounds like that's where it's coming from. what do you guys think?” [break][break]

[newclass=".boruta"]--accent:#c08f24; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/KhHB73K.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote b, .boruta blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .boruta blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .boruta blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 13:22:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded as added to what he'd explained. He'd been lucky he didn't have to deal with any traps on his first journey, but ambushes were aplenty here. "I'll have Ralts here keep an eye out for them too," he added: Future Sight could help give them an idea of any impending threats, while Eva's Pokemon could keep track of anything immediate.

He blushed slightly at 's praise. "Dunno who built it, but there definitely were people and Pokemon here before. We found…well, bones in a castle. Human and Pokemon bones. Dunno if there's anything alive here that isn't mechanical. Other than us, of course."

As for their first destination, Hideo nodded towards and 's suggestion. "Seems like a good place to start. I'm not really eager to try the castle out again." Not a place where he knew he was going to deal with a bunch of Volcanions and dead bodies. "That's where the music is coming from, right? Won't hurt to follow the beat."

He was unaware of the psychological effect the song was starting to have - in part because Uxie was working to undo any control it tried to exert on the boy's mind.

Didn't stop him from being drawn to it, though, as he started walking towards the clock tower. Uxie wouldn't stop the boy's natural curiosity - and daring.

Hideo accepts even more praise
Hideo agrees with and on exploring the clock tower first
Uxie is ensuring the music doesn't influence Hideo (or itself)
Hideo is walking towards the clock tower

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 17:34:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s smile brightens at the sight of Coballion, “Hey there buddy!” she smiles warmly, offering the Sword of Justice a gentle pat on the side if permitted. She got to spend quite a bit of time with Virizion, but never too much with Coballion. She’s actually never met the third member of the party, Terrakion.

As they move deeper into the kingdom, Eva nods silently in agreement with . Whoever – or whatever- made this place had a certain sick sense of humor. The way the mindless Volcanion seemed trapped in a daze broke the professor’s heart. There had to be a way to free them of this curse.

Eva intended to find out.

Eva stops to silence the shuffling of feet when they mention music. She cocks her head to the side, listening carefully. Beneath the whirl of rusty cogs she can hear a soft melody. Eva’s SYGNA SUIT kept her better protected from the effects of the song. The clocktower was familiar, but she didn’t get to thoroughly explore it last time, “Yes, let’s head there!” she ushers the DETECTING Hitmonchan to lead the way.

Upon closer inspection of the clocktower, it becomes clear that is . . . broken. The large iron hand high above their heads are stuck at no particular time. It almost looks as if they had fallen limp, stuck at the 6:30, as it missing a piece to keep them at the appropriate time, “Unlike everything else mechanical here, this seems . . . broken,” Eva scrutinizes the structure further. There’s no mysterious force keeping it running like the Volacion and . . .

Hitmonchan straightens up, eye peels on the corner of the clocktower as a small figure rounds the side. The mechanical Magearna doesn‘t pay them any mind as it floats by, seemingly undisturbed by their presence.

& & &

PROMPT: Examine the clocktower and discover it is missing a part

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,257 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 6:34:41 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

Her idol sygnasuit protected her from some of the effects of the song, but she allowed herself to be lured into enchant [break][break]

She followed behind the rest of the group, straining herself to not let it show in her face, but that music was..strange. [break][break]

"W-Why is it broken." she said gritting her teeth as she begun to really try and resist it. However she then begun to walk rhythmically, Light steps turned into tippy toeing, before melody eventually began to dance Ballet like she used to.[break][break]

Cobalion stops in his tracks and stares at her, the expression on her face was empty, her eyes glazed over. He looked over at the clocktower and then back to as the woman was familiar with her...'medical' history. "C-Cian...M-Maksim." as she struggled to speak and one of her pokeballs fell to the floor with a big M sticker on it

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e1716b;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#e1716b!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#e1716b;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#e1716b;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 7:11:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

cian's in the front of the group so he would have missed what was happening if not for the scorbunny on his shoulder. the fire-type tugs at cian's hair, getting him to look back at .[break][break]

"...mel?"[break][break]

he's quick to close the distance, unsure what to do exactly.[break][break]

"hey, mel! snap out of it!"[break][break]

his hands fall from her shoulders as he reaches down to pick up her pokeball. he remembers the herdier and calls it out without any hesitation.[break][break]

"maksim! bark!"[break][break]

suddenly, a squadron of magearna burst free from the clock tower clearly seeking something. what it is exactly, they'll soon find out.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 8:03:19 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
[attr="class","boruta"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
magearna passed by, catching his attention, and finally he realized he wasn’t in control of his feet. he found himself dancing in circles to the strange song, and noticed melody was dancing too. was the idol also a ballerina?[break][break]

”shit. i can’t stop!”[break][break]

but luckily, the bark from maksim cleared the sound in time for them all to be about their wits in the face of the coming threat. magearna rushed in pursuit of… them? bo was quick to defend from the mechanical pokemon, figuring his heatran was perfect for the job. a golem joined it.[break][break]

”golem, keep us safe. pompeii, magma storm!”[break][break]

while golem’s protect kept them shielded from the flames, fire ripped around their foes in whirlwind of red and orange, leaving them burned and weak.

04 find yourself perpetually dancing before breaking the curse (e.g. dampening sound).[break][break]
🗺️ BORUTA MAHER's prowess in battling/fighting must be pivotal in some way.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-golem"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 16:08:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was hard to miss several other people mentioning the music having an influence on them - and he could only wonder why he wasn't feeling any compulsion. He felt completely fine - courtesy of Uxie's protection, even if he were unaware of it.

His attention was more towards the massive swarm of mechanical Pokemon that flew out. From what he got from Uxie, they weren't like the Volcanions that he'd encountered before - in part because most weren't immediately trying to murder them. Still, he had to be careful, as they could get overwhelmed quickly if they all came at once.

To that end, he let his Tinkaton out of her Pokeball, the hammer-wielding fairy in awe at all the metal surrounding them, "living" or not.

It was then that a word popped up in his head, courtesy of his Uxie.

DOLL

"Oh, you mean that wooden toy?" Hideo asked, taking the wooden doll out of his bag. "You think this might have something to do with the clock tower? Don't know what a clock needs wood for, but-"

Hideo took notice to the sound of something approaching them: one of the Magearna took notice to the Pokeshi Doll he took out and was flying towards him. His Tinkaton knew (assumed) it was a threat, smashing the Magearna aside with a single strike of her Gigaton Hammer.

Though as the others may soon notice, that wasn't the only Meagearna who Hideo drew the attention of.

Hideo notices the music isn't affecting him, unsure why (thanks, Uxie)
Hideo lets out his Tinkaton
Hideo takes out Pokeshi Doll
A Meagearna notices, approaches and gets smacked aside with a Gigaton Hammer
More Magearna approaching

• 09 use the move, "shift gear", "gigaton hammer", or "autotomize".
  • The POKESHI DOLL is adored by the soulless magearna present within the realm. encounter magearna that break out of their mechanized routines to seek the doll, as if attempting to console or care for it.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 18:44:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The song is clearly audible, a melody that is familiar to Eva. Was it the same song she heard last time? For some reason, she remained unaffected as well. But why? Hideo was clearly unaffected, but he wasn’t wearing a Sygna Suit. Her memories drifted back to ’s explanation of why those would Sygna Suits could last longer within the rifts. Strange.

“It’s ok, Mel! We won’t let anything happen to you! We’ll figure this out!” But it wasn’t just melody anymore . . . It was too that was dancing. Next would likely be .

A flash of light trades the Hitmonchan for Machamp. The familiar fighting type scowls at the sight of the swarming Magearna, “Wide Guard!” The Machamp joins ’s Golem in protecting the group while his Heatran spews hot magma.

Eva spots one particular Magearna that does not seem violent like the others. It’s dead gaze remains fixed on the Pokeshi Doll, small hands held out expectantly as if they desired to coddle it.

“Hideo, let the Magearna have the toy. It seems to . . . have some sort of calming effect. It almost looks as if the pokemon would like to hold it, like a child with a baby doll,” she describes the scene for , gently encouraging him to hold out the doll for the Magearna to take.

“We’re gonna need a lot more dolls if we’re gonna get out of this mess,” Eva mutters beneath her breath as even more Mgearna swarm from the other side of the clock tower.

& & &

Eva encouraged Hideo to let them have the doll to see what happens
There’s too many of them! Magearna swarm.
Jabber is switched for Sayah, who uses WIDE GUARD
Melody, get em!