‹ interview season › [base]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 0:51:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
GUARDIAN POKEMON: AIMEE'S GYARADOS, IN A LARGE POOL OF WATER WINDING AROUND THE 'INTERVIEW STAGE'.

DECORATIONS: Large pool of water wrapped around a straight walkway to a small silver table with a mic on top of it, some pokedolls seated around the table as a form of 'audience' aside from all the people walking around.

TRAPS: FAKE FLAG, given the REAL FLAG by gyarados upon completing a short confession with the water dragon who can only reply in roars, grunts, and nods or shakes of its head. The topic may be anything important to your character - just know it will be recorded and pausibly used on a social media post as part of an 'anonymous confessions' segment.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 17:56:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Gyarados of the pool, I need your wisdom." Andrea called out, causing the cerulean serpent to emerge from the water and stare at her with its sage eyes. The young woman shuffled on her feet with visible trepidation, until finally, she mustered the fortitude to confide her inner conflict to the leviathan.

"The League says that Team Rocket is an enemy that must be eliminated. Rocket says that the League cannot be trusted to keep Hoenn safe. If a war broke out between them, I wouldn't know whose side to take. Rocket tried to mine the meteorite for profit, which was selfish, but the League tried to use that same meteorite to wipe out Sea Hoenn, which was just plain cruel. Which one of them is right?"

The Gyarados let out a guttural growl.

"I see... So you're saying that both of them are wrong, and both of them are right."

Another growl.

"What if siding with the League means that I'll have to hurt members of Rocket? Not all of them are evil. I've met some who were pretty nice. It's just... Why did their organization's motto have to be about the exploitation of Pokémon?"

A third growl.

"Ah, so I can hate what Team Rocket stands for and still be willing to forgive its few members that are decent people. If the League doesn't support that line of thinking, then I'll have to forge my own path towards a peaceful Hoenn. Thank you for your wisdom, Gyarados of the pool."

The Gyarados nodded and dove underwater. It came back out holding a flag in its massive jaws, which it handed over to Andrea.
//flag captured
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 5:30:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's had many conversations with her reflection or the occasional marine pokemon that pops up out of curiosity from time to time. But as she stares into the eyes of the Gyarados, she wonders what conversation will be the first that pops into her mind.[break][break]

Deep breaths and a sea full of thoughts, sorting through the waves of white noise and grasping for something.[break][break]

"I don't think I'm brave enough to do what I wish to do." She murmurs, pressing her fingertips together and closing her eyes. "I'm scared of destroying what I love, and I'm scared to see how they'll look at me when I do."[break][break]

The Gyarados might only respond in grunts and roars, but the sounds it makes must make sense in its mind.[break][break]

"I wish I could stay in stasis forever... live in peace without feeling anything that might hurt me. But not knowing would also hurt and I'd inevitably find out things that I don't want to. So I have to steady my heart, whether I fool it into believing or teach it to hold strong."[break][break]

Her breathing grows shaky but she stills with the rippling waters below.[break][break]

"They won't ever need me more than I need them, but I hope to be there for them when they need it the most. And if I have to choose between the world and them..."[break][break]

She bites her tongue, opening her eyes to the sight of a flag waved in front of her. Her fingers reach out, feeling the chill of water trickling down her palm.[break][break]

"I think the world might have made a mistake of thinking them as enemies."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]base flag obtained

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 16:49:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
For a moment, Gaultier opted to kick his shoes off and dip his feet into the water of the pool. It was soothing, and soothing made for a great feeling for when it was time to confess some things on one's chest. The Gyarados approached, and Gaultier carefully reached out to give the pseudo-dragon a pat on the head. For a moment, he paused and allowed his mind to search for something he wished to confess. His conscience remained clear, but he knew the goal of the base was to offer an interview of sorts. It wasn't long until he let out a breath and spoke to the Gyarados.

"Is it wrong to love someone that once was in a relationship with someone who had been close to you? I love Esmee, truly I do, but I can't help but feel selfish that she once found herself in the arms of someone I knew better than myself. That person is long since dead now, but I can't help but feel a sense of guilt that I took her in her time of grief."

The Gyarados growls.

"No, you're right. If she didn't feel the same, then she wouldn't have chose me. She... Admitted she hasn't actually been in love with anyone else. It feels like a relief but sometimes I fear she is only telling me that because it's something I want to hear."

Another grunt from the Gyarados.

"I see, thank you for your time."

Gaultier took his feet out of the water and allowed his legs to air dry for a moment before he put his socks and shoes back on, leaving with the flag that the Gyarados had gifted him.

PROMPT COMPLETE: INTERACT WITH THE DECORATIONS
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,326 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 3:48:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac hated confessionals enough when there was some robed-up fogey rambling about Arceus inside of them. Replacing the judgmental old fuck with a raging sea serpent was . . . well, it sure was a choice! And honestly, one that Isaac approved of, even if it was a bit unexpected.[break][break]

Just one problem. If he wanted the flag, he was going to have to talk. Couldn't he just appreciate the ingenuity and move on?[break][break]

Well, there was no room to escape now. The Gyarados stared down at Isaac, eyes possessing more patience and wisdom than most humans had. Finally, after an agonizing silence, Isaac bit the bullet and started to speak.[break][break]

"I don't think I'm a killer." He paused, letting the words bounce around the grotto. "And, I mean. That's normally a pretty great problem to have! I think most people would love to be confident that they can't end a life! But, c'mon. This ain't Alola, or Paldea, or Unova. This is Hoenn. And we all know what this region's heading towards."[break][break]

The Gyarados shook its head. Ugh. It was going to make Isaac say it, wasn't it?[break][break]

"War. With the League throwing meteors at other dimensions, and Rocket doing . . . all the bullshit Rocket's doing, it's a matter of time before they finally focus on each other. And when they do, a lot of people I care about are gonna be at risk. I'm gonna feel that pressure to kill for good reasons. For bad reasons. For selfish reasons. We're all gonna."[break][break]

"But . . . how do I know when it's the right thing to do? The hell business do I have acting like I've got say over something so big and important? Should anyone even have that right?"[break][break]

The Gyarados was silent, bar a low, quiet growl.[break][break]

"Yeah. Yeah . . . hell of a topic, I know. Guess there really is no easy answer to it all, huh?" Another head shake. "Am I supposed to just follow my heart? When my heart doesn't even know what it wants, the heck's that supposed to mean?" Silence, silence, and more silence. Finally, a quiet grunt.[break][break]

". . . Well. Guess whatever happens, I'm just gonna have to keep on being me. If I ever mess that up, I might as well be dead." What use was living if you couldn't be yourself? If you were just a cog in a grand machine, infinite times bigger and infinite times crueler than you'd ever be? "Thanks for the chat, I guess. I'll try and think about . . . well, everything."[break][break]

And with that, both Isaac and the flag were gone.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @aim

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 7:51:55 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The prior secret bases had been a ton of fun - but this one, well... This was going to be an interesting one, and El wasn't sure how to feel of it, as they glanced to the gyarados idly circling around the stage. At the center stood a microphone - set upon a silver table - as well as some pokedalls seated before it. A confessional of sorts - anonymous, but recorded and possibly to be shared as well.

And as they carefully made their way across the walkway to approach the microphone, well... El wasn't all that sure what to talk about at first. Were there things that they could talk about? Sure - there were many things left unsaid by them, be it about their father, about , or just the expectations they had on their shoulders. And yet, to decide on one subject felt difficult - especially for the sheer fact of just, how personal some of the things buzzing around in their head felt.

A few times, they'd open and close their mouth - failed attempts to begin speaking, before nerves began to get the best of them. Maybe this wasn't the base for them--...

... Although, Bibidi would place a gentle hand against El's back, feelings of reassurance washing over their mind. Perhaps, it'd be a good idea, to get at least something small off of one's chest?

"... Y'know... Change can be a pretty scary thing sometimes, honestly." El eventually spoke - not sure where this subject was going to go, but wanting to at least follow their heart. When the gyarados gave them a quiet nod in agreement, they'd suck in a breath, before continuing "I... Feel like a lot of my life's thus far been just, having to deal with one change after another. Some slow and gradual, some fast and sudden - but change all the same, change that was beyond my own control. Maybe more change than a kid should have to worry about."

The gyarados grunted briefly, as if to indicate that it was still listening to them.

"The things I love changing or disappearing, the path in front of me being chosen for me by others, the world around me going through one upheaval after another... It's only really recently that I've begun trying to choose things for myself, things that feel like they have a real impact." Briefly, their fingers drifted to the pocket on their bag that they kept their Ranger badge in, bearing the color of a trainee. "But even the change I've chosen, it's... Kinda scary too, sometimes, realizing all of these options in front of me. Options I have to actually weigh and decide on myself. And maybe I've gotten by fine just fine, just following my heart...

... But I probably can't follow my heart for every little thing, either, can I?"
Fidgeting, El fiddled with the mic a little - at least, until Bibidi's hand on their shoulder stopped them, paired with another wave of reassurance. Gently, they let out a breath they didn't even realize they'd been holding. "... At least I don't really have to make these choices alone... I... I am honestly grateful for Bibidi. She's been a wonderful source of support from day one, even if having her at my side took a lot of adjusting at first."

And they'll say as much to Isaac, when they got the chance to see him again - not if, but when. They were confident they'd find Isaac - wanted to hang onto that confidence, for the lifeline and excuse alike that it was, with it being the reason why they left home in the first place. He was still out there in Hoenn somewhere - and it was only a matter of time, before they'd be able to see him again, surely.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,076 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 6:06:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wasn't sure who this Secret Base belonged to, but the large Pokémon plush collection was impressive. He thought he had a large collection himself, particularly of legendary Pokémon, but this one was enormous! The Gyarados at the interview stage was real, though. As much as he wanted to get the weight of his altercation with off his shoulders, he couldn't. Not here. Much of that information was not public, and for good reason. Instead, his thoughts drifted to the Beast of Thunder.

"...I've been thinking long and hard about these last thirteen years. Is chasing Raikou right? Even for the League, to keep Hoenn's citizens safe, is it right to desire the power of a god?" He went silent for a bit as the aquatic serpent silently shook its head.

"On one hand, given what happened to Raikou, assuming he's still alive, he would almost certainly be League-aligned. But what if I'm wrong? What if I have to make a choice between Raikou and the League? I don't know if I'd be able to... choose the League over Raikou." It was a dreadful and troubling thought that the Gyarados' roar was a sign of disapproval of.

"And yet... even if Raikou were to choose me... could I handle it? Are humans really meant to wield that kind of power? There's this nagging feeling in me that tells me that seeking him out is wrong, and that I should let Raikou come to me. I just don't know, though...!"

With a silent nod, the Gyarados flashed a subtle smile.

"You really think so?" Receiving no further response than being presented a flag, Josh scooped it up and left alongside Raikiri.

@aim

{WC: 283}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:14:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The ambiance of pool water being pumped near a silver table caught Shalin's idle curiosity. On the near end of the walkway was a sign that the Gyarados within was a diviner of some kind. Her thoughts immediately drifted to and , who were helping her create her Type: Null. "Though it is for the League, is reprihensibly toying with the lives of so many of my Pokémon for the sake of one powerful Pokémon really right? Pharika didn't have to die, did she? And Ellie?"

All she got back was a low grunt. She knew exactly what it meant. Her question was a moral one, not one with an objective answer.

"There really is no right or wrong in this? Is that what you're saying?"

The Gyarados shook its head again with a solemn face.

"So the lives of a few are the price that must be paid to ensure the safety of many..." Tears ran down the girl's cheeks as the reality of her situation came crashing down on her. As morally and physically vile as the extraction process was, as Rocket as the process felt, the League was equally guilty of toying with the lives of its members.

It was all the same corrupt means to an end. The difference was that Rocket was much more direct about it. Did the League really not practice what they preached? "I... I understand. I'll go through with the final steps, then." The Gyarados grabbed a small flag and presented it to the brave girl for coming clean about her motives for seeking the power of a Type: Null.

@aim

{WC: 272}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Serena         Persian         Good