6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Return of the (Lion) King [M][C/Altagracia]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 16:37:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
For the first time since that horrible day, November 18, 2022, Aslan the Pyroar was wearing a saddle, his golden fur glistening in the sunlight beaming from the cloudless sky. Josh had several people to thank for the so-called Lion King's recovery. He had to help with the consult for the initial surgeries. He had to help with teaching the Pyroar how to walk again. And after one of his friends, , referred to him, Josh would be riding Aslan again.

The older Pyroar did have Simba to train alongside, the kind but excited predator looking forward to show Josh that not even a legendary Pokémon could keep him down. He still wasn't steady enough to race at what would be a reduced full capacity, but that would come with time and repeated rehab sessions like this one. Once he graduated this class, though, he would be good as new... or as close to good as new as he was going to get. He had been warned that Aslan would never be able to run as fast as he once did, and a relapse would leave him paralyzed for life. Josh stood near the hospital's west entrance, his right hand at rest on the side of the lion's saddle.

He hadn't suffered through these three long, hard months for nothing. Now where was ?

{WC: 228}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 18:19:30 GMT
Altagracia Contreras Avatar

Rehabilitation.

It wasn’t something she often worked with. But sometimes she’d partake in it. This was one of those times.

Josh Devlin had contacted her, Shalin had referred him. She didn’t mind, though she had been surprised when she heard that.

Anyhow. Confidently she walked toward their appointed meeting place at the Hospital’s west entrance.

Clad in what could best be described as the clothes of a Hiker that might’ve found a Pokémon Professor’s coat along the way. With hair as wild as the grin on her lips were wide.

Josh Devlin quickly came into her view and as soon as he did. She would raise her arm in a greeting wave and with a heavy Paldean accent say “Greetings! Josh Devlin, right?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 18:38:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It looked like Altagracia was actually on time, Josh easy for her to find. Who could have missed the two saddled Pyroar, especially one with a golden sheen? The big cats loudly purred, Josh holding his head as the slight differences in their purrs created headache-inducing resonance much like that of two tuning forks with slightly different frequencies sounding at the same time. As the heavily-dressed female approached, the two waved a paw toward her: Simba, his front right, and Aslan, his front left.

"Altagracia, right? But yes, that's me! Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh." He took his right hand off Aslan's riding gear long enough to wave back. "If Shalin told you about my need, then you probably have experience riding Pokémon. Hopefully that's the case, because that's the last step for his recovery. Rehab wants to observe how he can run with me on his back. It's been a tough last three months for him, but he's as ready as he'll get."

Josh had rambled on for far too long. "Right! These two are Aslan and Simba. I'm sure you've already seen Aslan's chart. Simba's there to provide a little extra motivation for him... and of course, let you keep up with him. Have you seen a Pyroar in person before? They're very fast!" As he was about to find out, even if the older lion couldn't run quite as fast as he once did, Aslan was still plenty fast. Once everyone was ready, Josh hopped aboard the golden predator for the first time in three months. Simba crouched to let Altagracia more easily get into place, as well.

{WC: 258}
{PC: 2}

Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 9:04:57 GMT

Introductions were done quickly. They both knew who the other was and why they were here.

“I’ve seen a few, yeah. Though admittedly, I haven’t worked with them all that much.” She beamed a smile as she allowed her hands to grant pets to each Pyroar should they allow it.

“But yeah I saw his charts, and I will say. It’s quite the ordeal he has been through.”

It didn’t take long before Josh got up on the recovering Pyroar. While he did so, Altagracia was quick to watch how the Pyroar reacted. In particular she was looking for any signs of weight-related discomfort the Pyroar might display.

But for now she saw none.

And so as Josh suggested. She got onto Simba with an ease suggesting she had a certain amount of experience riding Pokémon.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 16:34:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Both the great cats appreciated Altagracia's affection, the shiny Pyroar in particular returning with a wide smile of his own. Though they both had the size of pride leaders, they were still Litleo at heart. The warmth of their manes had to have felt good against the cool air surrounding Lilycove City. "They can be a handful to train, but there really is nothing like riding one. You'll have a hard time finding a Pokémon that's as fast and well-rounded as a Pyroar. You have to get a saddle specialized for a big cat, though, and it can be a little rough at first if you're not used to them. Just be careful the first time you take Simba past a trot, okay?" he urged.

Once the two were aboard the lions, they each let out a purr. A healthy, loud, and powerful purr that, even through their riding gear, rattled both riders. "Don't forget, Aslan--ease yourself into it!" The racer made sure to gently apply pressure with his legs, being gentle with his reins, and letting him go at a pace he was comfortable with. Aslan led the way, trotting down the concourse not far ahead of Simba, letting Altagracia observe how the recovering Pyroar handled Josh's weight.

{WC: 210}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 8:35:49 GMT

Altagracia gave the Young Gym Leader an acknowledging nod. He spoke facts after all. “Don’t worry. I will.” She wouldn’t. But he didn’t need to know that.

And so their trot began. Altagracia steadied herself on Simba, barely paying attention to Simba’s trot as her focus was on watching Josh and Aslan. So far, there was little for her to see, but that could change quickly enough, this she knew.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 20:50:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Aslan and Simba started jogging around the concourse, Josh didn't notice anything odd at all about the Pyroar's motion. Of course, the real test would be when he was ready to start running. His breathing felt normal. Everything about the ride felt normal, which was a sign his surgeries had been a success. Of course, the true test was about to come. "You ready, buddy?" Josh asked, running his hands through Aslan's red-and-gold fur, one at a time. The lion replied with a loud purr that Josh both heard and felt.

"Ready to go faster, Altagracia?" Josh asked, though it was more of a warning than a question. Though the lions' saddles were designed to help absorb some of the power behind their flexing backs, Simba's and Aslan's running strokes were far from the equine ones most Pokémon riders were used to. Not yet feeling the need to close his visor, Josh let the wind whip at his face.

Josh felt a small stumble from Aslan as the Shiny Pokémon made a left turn, but was quickly able to recover. They rounded one of the larger parking lots at the hospital complex at a speed that was probably quite fast by Altagracia's standards. "Woohoo!" Josh cried. "I forgot how fun it is to ride you, Aslan!" He swiveled his neck to one side, wondering how Altagracia was holding up. After all, she may not have been used to the speed of a lion steed...

{WC: 247}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 19:49:11 GMT

Altagracia’s gaze was pinpointed to Aslan, though the swaying ride that she was participating in wasn’t making it easy. Still, she wasn’t seeing anything that worried her.

“Sure!” She would reply as Josh gave her a warning of what was to come. She settled herself into the saddle securely and prepared for the increase in speed.

Yet for all her preparations Rapidash riding and Pyroar riding were two different beasts, which she now felt full force, even with the saddle's help.

Still, she stuck there as best she could while keeping an eye on Aslan. But doing those two things left her precious little ability to reply to the cheerful youth on the other Pyroar.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 22:23:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Other than the one stumble, Aslan had entered a full gallop with little trouble. "I'm so proud of you, Aslan!" The albino lion replied with a proud purr, his back rumbling like a motorcycle. He loved the feeling of a big cat carrying him across the land, whether it be blistering fast like Raikou across southeast Hoenn, or a simple leisurely trot through town. Most riders could not handle the flexing backs of felines, but it was something Josh lived for!

"Alright, that's almost it, Altagracia! Thanks so much!" he called back to her. "I just have one more thing I want to test out. If you're not comfortable with riding this fast, just pull over to the inside of the concourse and try to watch him. If you are, though, let's have them race one another in DOUBLE TEAM along the concourse, back to the entrance!" Josh suggested. Simba looked excited, too - Altagracia would have likely been able to feel an enthusiastic, powerful purr beneath her as the big cat ran.

{WC: 172}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 10:59:48 GMT

It felt like an eternity, but at last she got the hang of it somewhat. Still, she felt the force of the ride in her body.

And then she heard Josh’s suggestion.

A gulp escaped her. But she wasn’t about to back down.She wasn’t afraid of trying something new, as should already be plainly visible.

Besides, she couldn’t deny the huge feline a moment of excitement. And so she called back. “Sure, let’s do it!” and steeled her resolve and body for the incoming force that was sure to try and knock her off.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 13:36:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Both riders would be able to feel their mounts purring with excitement from Altagracia's daring agreement. "Hold on tight - these Pyroar can get fast!" He made sure there was little traffic ahead and that the lions understood to go off-road to avoid traffic if need be. "Alright! Ready to feel the wind in your face again, Aslan?" The shiny Pyroar purred, then growled. "Awesome, let's go! Aslan, Simba, DOUBLE TEAM!"

The two fire-types accelerated alongside one another, the two riders able to easily see just how much the lions' flexing backs were bouncing one another. Without their saddles stabilizing them, it would have been far worse. Even at full gallop, pre-boost, it was still quite swift. Then the DOUBLE TEAM came.

Three trailing images, each of which included Pyroar and rider, appeared behind both pairs. Unlike DOUBLE TEAM in combat, this was not to fool an attacking Pokémon. This was purely to go fast. "Wheeeee-haaaaaa!!!" Josh cried, maintaining his posture through the power of Aslan's acceleration. It was not as violent of a boost as it once was, but it was still plenty fast. The shallow turns the albino feline made were enough to get a grunt out of the Gym Leader.

Josh felt like Aslan was good as new... until Simba and Altagracia shot past him. It wasn't through any fault of Simba's or Aslan's, neither Josh's nor Altagracia's. Aslan won the race back to the door handily, the lion rearing in triumph. Perhaps he had forgotten it was Altagracia riding him and not Josh?

Aslan had lost a fair bit of speed. Despite the success of the procedure, Josh wouldn't be getting the big cat up to his pre-injury speed any time soon. Unbeknownst to him, Aslan would never be that fast again. It was the reality of his post-procedure physical limits. That did not matter to him, though; he was simply grateful the fire-type could battle and race again. "I couldn't ask for a better recovery for Aslan," Josh said to Altagracia after the two lions came to a stop. "I look forward to getting back on the track with him... and going to the Elite Four with him. I wouldn't want to use anyone less than my best. Thank you."

{WC: 375}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES         STATUS
close tab

played by

senpai

She/Her
June 02
Heterosexual
Researcher
Civilian
30 height
30 height
awards
66 posts
part of
TAG WITH @altagracia
Altagracia Contreras
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 18:15:57 GMT

Steeling her resolve and body amounted to very little as the Feline began to move at incredible speed.

At first it was manageable, but then DOUBLE TEAM happened and Altagracia had to do all in her power to hold on and stay on. She managed to somehow look ahead and see how they were gaining ground on Aslan and Josh, even going as far as moving past them. Resulting in a victory for the young Pyroar.

As soon as she could, she got off the steed. Her legs were wobbly as she landed on the ground. But she managed to stay upright.

“Yeah, his recovery seems to be going as well as it possibly can. If Aslan isn’t already then he will soon be fighting ready.” Altagracia noted.

And with that their little session came to an end.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 1:30:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)