6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
blue skidoo [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 3:36:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
too shy to step into the interdream zone with someone he personally knows, he volunteers to come with one other person to venture through it.

"have you ever been in one of these before?" he asks. "it's kind of exciting."

the last time he's been in one, memories of the destruction of slateport and an invasion of his hometown on verdanturf came haunting him, likening it more to a nightmare than a dream. there were accounts of the opposite however, but kyle figures that those are more dangerous.

he raises a brow, trying to gauge whether elise would be keen to enter or not. emotions were key components of dreams after all, and it would be all too risky to go harboring negative ones going in.

10 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

postdormitum: interdream
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 5:36:42 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The interdream zone with the odd pink mist might be a little unsettling if one was stepping into one for the first time, but there was something oddly thrilling to venture into one. “I have not been to the zone before, but I’m sure I will feel safe venturing into one with you around.” She responds to the man’s question before taking a deep breath to relax. This was an wholly new thing to study if anything, so she would step into the zone herself.[break][break]

With the pink mist making it into a fog of a bright pink color, it almost felt like going inside a dream without sleeping in bed. Since it responded to the state of emotions, she stayed calm and collected through the trip while looking a little back to see if he would follow.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 2:48:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it should be the opposite, right?"

kyle tries to set expectations low. caution spikes up when he's paired with another. though he denies it, there's always an inherent need to keep everyone safe.

"i've seen things. whatever manifests in there might be related to those." he shrugs, getting an easygoing smile on his face. "anyways, it should be fine."

he realizes he's just prolonging the inevitable. people have already been briefed about the dangers of the interdream zone, and they should be aware of the dangers.

"as long as you're confident, i think we'll survive it there."

kyle wasn't, but he's not going to let it show.

20 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 4:56:44 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As the man speaks, she listens to him speak of having seen things and whatever manifested in the pink mist might be related to the otome route she played with Ms. Holo having an odd dislike for that weird mechanical Delibird caught in her route. “I see… While I recall having played a special route in the Ronde-view of Luv with Miss Holo and her research on the interdream zone with an odd mechanical Pokemon at the tail end, it may have given a small hint on the inevitable.” The woman responded with a nod to the brunette.[break][break]

“Do you think we will encounter something like the one in Miss Holo’s special route here? I admit that I may be curious on its origins and how we should try studying it.” Elise asked, mostly so that the man would know something about it. If they could see one of those Pokemon up close and how those sorts acted strangely, the excitement of meeting one overshadowed the lingering trepidation.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 15:32:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"shit, you're right."

how could he have forgotten about it? with the route having placed expectations to people, it's possible that the idea has now stuck in their heads, adding to the list of things the general populace is more likely to imagine.

anxiety leads to more stressful thinking. kyle starts to scratch his head nervously.

"there's definitely a chance, especially since i'm starting to worry about it just now." it does breed reality from people's imaginations, just as the route told them. "we can worry about studying them if we actually manage to see one, i suppose."

a replica of a delibird doesn't seem that dangerous at least.

30 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.
10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 17:58:25 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, they could worry whether the unknown Pokemon they would see in the pink mist was docile or very dangerous. Nisa Holo’s special route where the game made the encounter with a harmless little mechanical Delibird wasn’t worrying until they would have an actual encounter with whatever beast awaited them. Maybe a meeting with a docile looking mechanical Delibrd wouldn’t be a bad encounter to study up close for some information to relay to the others in other teams.[break][break]

“Well, I can’t fathom how much strength that mechanical Delibird would have and whether the rest of its other brethern will be less willing to be peaceful. I’d presume we will have to be careful on studying it without getting hurt.” She responded to the brunette man since that Delibird would be strong enough in spite of its seemingly docile appearance.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 2:35:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
anxiety from the environment causes the opposite effect to the normally careful kyle. he throws caution to the wind, thinking that his wary thinking was the effect itself.

"there's only one way to find out..."

he clutches on a pokeball— the one he thinks will be most useful in the interdream zone. he decides to trust logic over gut once again, which has proven to be unreliable when it comes to the supernatural.

kyle finally decides to step in first despite anxiety slowly getting a hold of him.

"safety first. science second."

30 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 4:23:07 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A small feeling of anxiety sinks in through her chest since their talk of the strange Pokemon from Nisa Holo’s route might attract whatever could be in the pink mist. She holds onto one of the Pokeballs at her belt as a screech came from the silhouettes of two odd insect-like Pokemon crawling towards them. Hearing the sounds grow louder and louder until the pair of crawling bug type Pokemon show themselves to the two trainers, they both look like the Pokemon that her Larvesta evolved into.[break][break]

[break][break]

“It does look we have some company that came to eavesdrop on our conversation.” She presses the button to release her Decidueye out with the grass type readying his arrows at the hissing prehistoric insect. “Spirit Shackle now!” Her command reaches Takumi, his feathers pull out an arrow quill to have it shoot at the first strange bug type Pokemon with the quill covered in purple energy. The Spirit Shackle attack hits the prehistoric Pokemon which counters back with a Flame Charge, the fires from the charging insect make Takumi gasp in pain.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Two Slither Wing come by.[break]
- Elise sends out Takumi the Decidueye to attack the first Slither Wing with Spirit Shackle. Takumi is hit by the first Slither Wing's Flame Charge.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 5:07:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it looks like volcarona, but clearly differs from one.

"is this, like, a mega evolution or something?" kyle takes out a pokeball and quickly chucks it to the direction of the fight. "better fight fire with fire then."

a manectric pops out, who immediately changes form upon release with its trainer clutching on his mega stone around his neck. the paranoia from not having too much firepower has him deactivate his suit.

while the other one takes charge, the other stays behind, starting a sunny day. figures, he thinks, given that they're fire-type and have just used fire-type moves.

"charge beam!" the mega manectric releases its move, knocking one of the paradox pokemon out of the decidueye. "focus on one! we'll have better opportunities to study the other one once we turn this to a two versus one!"

40 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:38:37 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The first Slither Wing was knocked out by the Mega Manectric’s Charge Beam which left the second one to try to pick up where its partner started. A Flame Charge from the other prehistoric looking Volcarona aimed right at the Decidueye would make the grass type owl become weak from the effective move. “I will focus on one with you since a two versus one will give a chance to study it once we’re done.” The royal replies before looking over to her Decidueye who got up and gave her a nod that he could still continue.[break][break]

“Spirit Shackle!” Once Takumi hears her call out her command, the Decidueye readies another arrow quill to shoot from his wing. A purple ghostly energy surrounds the arrow as it shoots towards the Slither Wing that attacked him while he tries to keep himself up.

[break][break]

NOTES

- First Slither Wing is knocked out. Second uses Flame Charge on Takumi the Decidueye.[break]
- Takumi uses Spirit Shackle on the second Slither Wing.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:20:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"let's speed things up then."

the manectric fills itself with energy as it charges up its electricity. in one big attack, it strikes the target with a lightning strike after it has been trapped by the decidueye's move.

z-move: lord of vermillion

the burst of electricity fries the weird volcarona from the dream mist, incapacitating it with the assistance from elise's decidueye. the impact leaves behind an electric terrain, but it's something that they can forget for now.

he walks by its unconscious body, making sure that it wouldn't move anytime soon.

"we're free to examine this now, i guess."

60 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.
10 MP use a z-move in your thread.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:29:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Watching the Mega Manectric knock out the second Slither Wing with a finishing Z-move, the female royal hears the man say that they could examine the unconscious body of the strange prehistoric Volcarona. Coming over to look at the Slither Wing they just defeated, she bends down a bit to take a look at the body shape of the Pokemon and how it looked a little like the present day Volcarona. [break][break]

Takumi walks over to her side and tries to keep himself upright, but it’s clear that the Decidueye is very weakened from the last attack powered by the bright sun. “It does appear to be similar to the Volcarona in our time, but it’s more bipedal. I don’t think its wings are powerful enough for this one to fly.” Elise remarks with a little nod, wondering if they could probably take one of them back for the league to study.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Studying the Slither Wing.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 10:43:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as elise takes the opportunity to study the fainted pokemon closer to take note of the physical differences between it and a regular volcarona, kyle uses another approach that he's always been trying to find out since the game.

he recalls his mega evolved manectric in favor of his smeargle. "transform."

with a wave of its tail, the smeargle changes shape to one of them. it takes a little while, but it eventually succeeds in making a replica of it as opposed to incomplete ones when used against the likes of ultra beasts and legendaries.

then again, those usually happen in the heat of a fight.

kyle takes his phone out, goes to the pokedex app, and tries to check his smeargle's new status. most of the information that would make the scientific community happy weren't recorded, but a few core ones that pokemon battlers would find useful were present.

"hey. look at this."

he shows his screen to elise. a different typing than fire is evident even though it had used a fire-type move earlier, though it retains its bug-typing. its ability shows up as undefined, but it does show a bit of the moves it has access to.

70 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 5:08:06 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Like the great detective from Galar’s famous stories that an author wrote about, she continued to examine the details of the Slither Wing’s body in great detail before the man’s voice told her to come look at what he found. “Is there something you wish to show me?” The woman questions just as she sees his phone’s Pokedex app out with the little information that it can provide on the Pokemon.[break][break]

From the Pokedex showing that the Slither Wing was a different type than its other counterpart, evidence showed that it still had the bug typing even though this one used a fire type move. “That’s the same typing as Heracross, very intriguing.” Her response came with the fact that maybe this one had changed its typing over the milennia that it existed.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 17:54:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle scratches the back of his head as he tries to make sense of whoever would want to dream up a version of a volcarona who fills a niche already covered by a similar pokemon, like heracross.

"why sunny day though?" he asks no one in particular.

he squats and looks at his transformed smeargle, trying to observe every part of its body, looking for some kind of reaction from it and comparing it to the fainted specimen. at a glance, nothing was different.

it wasn't a grass-type, nor was it a fire-type. it didn't have moves like weather ball or solar beam to take advantage of it, besides the flame charge it did.

"maybe it gets solar power or something as its ability?" he muses, turning to elise. "helioptile's on the same boat after all."

it's a stretch, but out of the pokemon that take advantage of the weather, it was the most similar comparison he can think of.

80 mp per ic post in a postdormitum battle/mission.