February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
Show me the Ropes [Duo Wild]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 13:51:36 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS
[attr="class","setting"]
It had taken him a bit to get here but here he was. He had wanted to try his hand at getting more Pokémon on his team and had reached out. It had surprised him to finally have someone reply to his request. Josh the Mauville gym leader who he had never met in person, but he had chatting with a bit had set all this up. Somehow they had gotten to talking about racing Pokémon which somehow led to them making this trip to catch Pokémon a chance for them to riding Pokémon. Something about him having never done so and him trying new things.
[break][break]
Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he chanced a look around. Though he had never met the gym leader he knew what he looked like. He always made sure to know about people others idolized and gym leaders were often idolized. He might not plan on being champion but that didn’t mean he didn’t know off the gym leaders and what the looked like.
[break][break]
He had arrived first but he had also left pretty early. Despite what one would assume considering his looks and career path he was actually pretty punctual. Though he also had a problem of often arriving to early to things. So the fact he had arrived first didn’t surprise. He was pretty sure he was a little early but it didn’t really bother him he would just enjoy being outside in the mean.
[break][break]
Though he was sure it would take a bit since the other male was bringing Pokémon with him he was still keeping an eye on things. He didn’t want to be caught off guard if the other male arrived when he wasn’t paying attention. [break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this works my more perfections side was trying to rear its head
[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 4:00:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Gym Leader having met on a random trip to a sports bar on Mauville's south side, they had discussed his former career as a Gold Class Pokémon racer and how it had been implemented into his Gym. He wished he could have formally enrolled Jade into classes at his Gym, but he wouldn't be the teacher there, and that made all the difference for him. Not a day passed where he didn't at least once think about what he did to in his unbridled anger. It was a big reason why he was afraid to follow 's suggestion to channel his anger when appropriate.

Every time he did, he wound up in a situation like the one he was in now. And this time, it had nearly ruined his life forever.

Enough of that, though; after putting in a staggering 72 hours working at a warehouse in Mauville's slums last week, he felt he could take three days off in a row to decompress. Even if his Gym didn't get paid for it, he was going to give Jade the lesson he deserved. He had six of his best Pokémon with him: two that could gallop across the land, two that could swim the seas, and two that could soar the skies. He made sure to bring almost all Pokémon that could seat two people, as well. The only exception was the Absol he was seated on, Twilight. "Ah, you beat me to the beach, Jade," Josh greeted the young Idol, Twilight's expression emotionless as always. Next to him was a saddled, shiny Pyroar that was quite large and could easily seat two people.

{WC: 280}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Twilight       Absol           Good
Aslan          Pyroar**        Good
Toshiro        H!Samurott      Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
Ares           Charizard       Good
Alphamax       Garchomp        Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 14:14:36 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]
Hearing someone approaching he turned his head in their direction. Unsurprisingly it was the gym leader that he had agreed to meet with. Yes he supposed the wit fact that he lived in Mossdeep City it was probably it little strange that he had beat the older male there. However if Josh thought as much he didn’t say so.
[break][break]
”I left my house a little early, I don’t like feeling like I’m keeping people waiting,” he explained. Though it didn’t really phase him much when others kept him waiting. Perhaps it was because he had learned from an early age to keep himself occupied. His fathers work often keeping him too busy to keep his son occupied. But he actually preferred it that way than when his father paid attention to him and lectured him respectable careers.
[break][break]
Now that he had greeted the older male he could focus his attention on the Pokémon the gym leader had brought. Like him the older male had an Absol though that was only Pokémon they seemed to have in common. Though he supposed he might have more Pokémon in his pc. The Pokémon that drew his attention aside from the Absol was the pyroar.
[break][break]
”You have some pretty impressive Pokémon, I only have three my Absol, riolu, and roselia,” he commented as he continued to look the Pokémon over. He wondered if all of them were used for racing considering that the older male was known for racing Pokémon.[break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + his Absol is named Nebula, his riolu is named Ace, and his Roselia is named Rose
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 3:54:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh let out a chuckle at having arrived at such an early hour. He thought he had scheduled this early in his day, but it seemed his unofficial student was quite the early bird. "I'm more of a night owl than an early bird," the Gym Leader replied, having turned in early the previous night to ensure he could be up in time.

The saddles Josh's Pokémon wore made it obvious that they were all at least trained for carrying people. Given his career path, it was likely they could all move far faster than average for their kind. "An Absol, you say? Twilight, my Absol, is a little reserved, but she is one of my best combatants. Few trainers who have challenged my Gym in battle have made it past her. If you want to get your own Absol fitted, I have a tanner in Verdanturf I can recommend you."

Aslan slowly walked toward Jade and sounded a purr powerful enough that he may have been able to feel it, even if he wasn't touching the lion. He crouched to let Jade on if he so wanted. "But we weren't here to talk about our Pokémon, right? You were here for lessons. Have you ever ridden a Pokémon at all?" Admittedly, a Pyroar may not have been the best Pokémon to teach a brand new rider with...

{WC: 233}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 0:45:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BARRASKEWDA APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUXRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIVALRY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 2:22:21 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]
”I’m somewhere in the middle, I can get by with a few hours of sleep. I try to get a proper amount of sleep though but don’t always, usually happens if I get caught up in practice,” he told the older male. He could stay up pretty late if he so chose and wake up early with no issues, just being a little groggy until he drink coffee or orange juice to feel awake.
[break][break]
The night before he had gone to bed around eleven, being worn out from of his practice sessions. In his opinion there was no better way to get a better nights sleep than to exhaust ones body. Keep yourself active and you were bound to get a good nights sleep, that’s the way he felt anyway.
[break][break]
Hearing what he had to say he adopted a pensive look. ”Really? That would be great. I may not be one for battling gyms but I enjoy any chance I can get to get closer to my Pokémon,” he said, hoping Nebula would enjoy the chance. Nebula was the one he was closest to and was the one he enjoyed doing stuff with most.
[break][break]
He was about to get on Aslan when the other spoke giving him pause. ”No, but I’m a fast learner,” he commented, turning his head so he could see the other. It didn’t seem like he meant anything by it, just that he genuinely wanted to know. ”Besides I trust you won’t let anything happen,” he said and got on the pyroar.
[break][break]
He had just gotten up when two Pokémon suddenly appeared. One was a luxray and the other was barraskeda. Taking out the poke all for Rose he released his roselia from her pokeball. With his Rose’s poison point ability he was hoping to better their chances in the battle and hopefully he would catch at least one of them.
[break][break]
Giving his Pokémon the order to use absorb he watched as Rose used absorb against the barraskeda the barraskeda had just taken the hit when the luxray used bite against Rose leading to it getting poisoned. Eyeing Rose with concern from where he was he was relieved to see that the roselia was only a little bit hurt from the attack.
[break][break]
While Rose was on the attack he made sure to keep a pokeball handy to use for once they got the Pokémon’s health low enough. Out of the two Pokémon he would prefer to catch luxray but he was open to catching the other as well. But first the hp would have to be lowered a bit. [break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 6:26:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Zero experience, but lots of confidence, Josh thought as he got off his Absol and onto the large lion, sitting in front of his student. It was a good thing Jade was in the passenger's seat behind Josh, then! He would give the guest a chance to hold the Pyroar's reins eventually, but not yet. The Gym Leader wanted him to get used to a mount's running stroke first. "When you're first learning, balance is really important," he explained as his Dragonair, who was swimming near the shallows, caught sight of the poisoned Barraskewda, who was attempting to flee after the Roselia's assault on it. Any of her stronger attacks would surely knock out the water-type, which would render a catch impossible. Instead, the saddled serpent would wrap her AQUA TAIL around the slim and swift aquatic Pokémon. It took quite a bit of wearing the faster Pokémon down, but she eventually succeeded, thanks to the Roselia's venom. Carefully lifting the Barraskewda out of the water and carrying it toward Josh, his mind went to and how they first met. Wasn't this the Pokémon species she rode to victory in her first race? It could be something they bond over in the future, depending on the attitude she had with the whole Eris situation. Regardless, he would bop the helpless Pokémon with a Net Ball before resuming his lesson.

Josh waited for Jade to give a signal indicating he was ready before getting the lion going. Once both were ready. the lion entered a trot that took both of them to the bay's sands. The waters were still a little chilly, but it was early in the day. There would be a chance to go swimming later. "There are Pokémon easier to learn with, but Aslan here is as beginner-friendly as a Pyroar can be." Once he was satisfied with Jade's posture and expressed comfort, he gave the guest rider a warning. "We're gonna go a bit faster, okay?" This was where Josh's assessment of Jade's prowess would be tested. Aslan progressed from a walk into a run, the fire-type's flexing back bouncing the two of them up and down more harshly than an equine's gallop would. While the big cat's saddle helped mitigate some of the power, it may still have been a bit of a rough ride for the novice to contend with.

ooc: Catching barraskewda!

{WC: 401}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 7:24:12 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]
 Well that made sense. ”Right balance,” he said making sure to input that in his memory. If he wasn’t trying to take this whole think seriously he would probably make some quip about learning how to ride a Pokémon was like trying to learn how to ride a bike.
[break][break]
However while learning he made sure to divert some of his attention to his Pokémon to see how she was doing. His Pokémon used venoshock before following up with poison sting after dodging Luxray’s next attack. Figuring the hp was low enough after having been poisoned he threw a pokeball watching as Luxray went inside.
[break][break]
It seemed the older male had paused the lesson to complete his own capture. Signaling that he was ready he listened to what Josh had to say as the Pyroar began taking them around at a trot. He could see what the gym leader meant about the Pyroar’s disposition, so far Aslan had seemed like a real friendly pokemon.
[break][break]
”Okay,” he said when the older male mentioned going faster. Being told before hand he was able to brace himself as the Pokémon picked up speed. While the ride was pretty bumpy he enjoyed feeling the wind rush past them. He had always enjoyed the feeling of wind rushing past him. In that aspect it was better than riding a bike since one couldn’t really get that when riding a bike.
[break][break]
Now that they had been at it for a few minutes he was starting to get use to the feel of the Pokémon running, though he was sure it would be worse without a saddle. ”The feeling of the speed will take getting used to, but I enjoy the feel of the wind,” he said making sure to talk loud enough to be heard. [break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + catching luxray
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 5:44:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GYARADOS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOXIE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BINACLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TOUGH CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 4:24:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Riding a Pokémon and riding a bicycle weren't that different. The biggest difference between the two was the speed one could achieve on a bicycle was limited by one's own strength and endurance. When riding a Pokémon, the speed limit was what the Pokémon was capable of. Giant predators, like Aslan, could achieve very high speeds. The shiny Pyroar being as beginner-friendly as could be didn't mean that the Pyroar was beginner-friendly by absolute standards; after all, the species was a built to be a jungle hunter, not a beast of burden.

"The feel of the wind in your face, as well as the feel of your mount's back rising and falling, is the true joy of riding on a Pokémon, isn't it?" It was part of the reason the Master of Faster preferred races that took place on land, despite sky ones being far faster. "Alright, now I'm gonna turn so we can run back to get our catches. Hold on, and lean with the turn!" With that, the Gym Leader tugged back on Aslan's reins with his left arm, drawing the lion into a left turn. It was not a mild turn by any stretch, but it wasn't so sharp as to overwhelm a beginner rider. "Big cat Pokémon can be challenging to learn with! Once I go over speed control, you want to get your hands on the reins?" Josh offered as he scooped up his Barraskewda catch.

ooc: Skipping!

{WC: 246}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 6:03:29 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]
Riding a Pokémon was pretty nice. And the fact it was something his father wouldn’t approve of was a bonus. Probably because it would take away from his studying. He was sure his old man wouldn’t know what fun was even if it hit him over the head.
[break][break]
The older male’s words roused him from his thoughts. ”It’s freeing and is pretty fun. Would be a good one to be one with your Pokémon. Or that’s how a feel anyway,” he explained a bit embarrassed about being that open about his feelings. He had always tried not to get to close to others or a least not allow anyone to get past the surface, however; when he was feeling passionate about something he could get caught up in that.
[break][break]
Instead of responding he just did as he was told holding on tightly and leaning with the turn when when the older Pokémon turned the pyroar. When Aslan was running straight once more he loosened his grip after all he wouldn’t be able to swipe the pokeball with his new Pokémon if he was holding onto the other male.
[break][break]
Once they were close enough he scooped up the pokeball with the Luxray in it and put the pokeball in a safe place before making sure to return Rose back into her pokeball deciding to allow her to rest a bit until he needed her again. He had just returned his Roselia to her pokeball when Josh spoke.
[break][break]
He considered the other males offer knowing learning could be interesting and perhaps beneficial. ”I’m willing to try,” he said at last.
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + skipping
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 6:05:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed the young man was ready. "Alright, gonna give you a quick crash course. The reins are how you control his direction. Pull on them with one hand, and he'll turn in that direction. Think of them like cords attached to the handlebars of a bike." He paused to let Jade experiment with them, keeping steady pressure on the lion's legs to coax a steady, comfortable speed out of him. "And don't pull back on them both at the same time unless you want him to slam on the brakes. And with claws that sharp, he can stop from a full gallop in a hurry. And one more thing. If you flick the reins with both hands, he'll jump!"

Once Josh felt Jade was confident with controlling direction, he moved on. "The only other component is controlling his speed. The way you control speed is with leg pressure. If you jab at his sides with your legs or squeeze with them, he'll go faster. If you suddenly release pressure with them, he'll slow down. Go as fast as you want. I race this Pyroar in DOUBLE TEAM all the time." With that, he would let Jade guide the obedient cat to his heart's content.

{WC: 205}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:14:53 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HORSEA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOKESCREEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SAMUROTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REVENGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
120 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 16:32:20 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","setting"]
The young man made sure to pay attention to what the older male had to say. He didn’t want him to have to repeat him. He gently pulled the reins to the right and was rewards the Pokémon turning right, he experimented with him changing directions a bit more before allowing him to run straight. Once he was done he glanced at Josh and nodded letting him know he was ready for the next step.
[break][break]
”Right pulling reins hard causes a hard stop and flicking the reins causes the Pokémon to leap, makes sense,” he said repeating it so he wouldn’t forget. Though it wasn’t hard stuff. He had actually been expecting this to be harder than it was. But it was actually pretty simple.
[break][break]
Listening to what he had to say he nodded. ”I might have to watch that one of these days,” he said and was about to nudge Aslan to go faster when he noticed movement from his peripheral vision. Turning his head he spotted a Horsea and a Samurott had appeared.
[break][break]
Taking one hand off the reins he sent out Ace. His Riolu immediate attacked Horsea with force palm paralyzing it but failed to paralyze Samurott when it attacked him after dodging its move. Using sword dance Ace followed up with using rock smash on Horsea. Horsea couldn’t move due to being paralyzed but Samurott landed a hit with razor shell. After Riolu used metal claw he figured Horsea’s hp was low enough so he threw a pokeball at it.
[break][break]
Once that was done he recalled Ace and returned his attention to the lesson. Remembering what he was told he squeezed his legs a bit into Aslan’s side for him to go a bit faster. He didn’t want him to go to fast though until he got use to increasing his speed so he didn’t put to much pressure on the Pyroar’s sides.[break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + catching Horsea I know you don’t want either so you can just say Ace attacked them on his own
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 9:02:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Riding a Pokémon truly wasn't that much different from riding a bike. "You're doing well! Think like pulling on the reins as tilting your mount's head in the direction you want it to turn. Once we get into the air and get you on a flying Pokémon, that becomes really important. Movement in three dimensions is a lot more challenging, but it's rewarding having that kind of freedom."

Josh matched Jade's leg pressure, Aslan being nudged from a jog into a light run. While it wasn't blistering fast like the feline species was capable of, the transition from one speed to the next could have been a bit rough. The big cat's back really started to flex with his longer strides. Though the Pyroar's saddle mitigated the intensity of the bounciness quite a bit, it was still more profound than that of an equine. "How you holding up?" the Gym Leader asked.

ooc: skipping!

{WC: 154}
{PC: 6}