Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 3:02:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

LUMIOSE CITY, KALOS
[break]

's contacts in Kalos kept him abreast of the goings on of notable persons. ROCKET contractors, business associates, public figures. One such person had captured their attention in quite the fantastic way the last few months – derisive public outbursts, petty arrests, and other scandalous behaviors.[break][break]

. An ex-gym leader of Hoenn and an even more infamous reporter who'd left the region and returned to Kalos following the Megalopolan War.[break][break]

From what his contacts had whispered in his ear, Barnaby felt there was promise for a fruitful rendez-vous between the two of them. He'd gone through quite a bit of trouble to orchestrate this little meeting, in fact.[break][break]

The ROCKET admin had lured her here under the false pretense of some groundbreaking scoop or another. When she entered the establishment - a luxury bar at the heart of Lumiose City's entertainment district - she'd find it empty save for two men.[break][break]

Barnaby, sat at the bar top, and a nondescript bartender there to serve them.[break][break]

He'd wave her over with a bright smile, encouraging her to join him. She'd have no choice, really, as the door locked behind her. A guard was posted outside of it, as well, in order to deflect any other would-be patrons from entering.[break][break]

Once she was settled, Barnaby gestured for the bartender to take her order before broaching conversation in a pleasant, conversational tone. Of course, when he spoke it was in perfect Kalosian.[break][break]

"It was rather tricky getting you alone, Ms. Desmarais." He propped on arm on the bar top, crossed one leg over the other.[break][break]

"You're quite the celebrity as of late."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 8:56:04 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
SELENA WAS NO CELEBRITY. At least not anymore.

The decision to leave Hoenn two years ago was a tough call on her part, considering the developments she has already achieved in all departments of her life: a blossoming career as a journalist and a gym leader, a widening network of friends and assets, a promising reputation as an avatar and a region's hero, and an access to the league's upper ranks information. All the efforts of rubbing elbows with the likes of and his ilk, of being friends with and , all gone. Make no mistake, however—there is no regret on what she did, on what she had to do.

If anything, her hiatus is a calling—an epiphany, even. And now it led her to this very moment, into a life-changing decision she did not know she was ready to take.

"I will never put myself in a very vulnerable position, monsieur." She responded with the same tone in her Kalosian tongue as well, although those with sensitive ears might have heard a hint of Unovan accent. Selena understood this was a setup: an act of negotiation and bargaining under false pretenses. The man, however, had no interest on hurting her. Seeing there was not much to do but to see this thing through, she finally took the offer and sat two stools away from the stranger. The bartender did not need to ask for her drink: if there is anything any aspiring bartender has to know about bartending, it is that only a Desmarais* is good enough for a Desmarais.

"So... what do you want from me?"

OOC: *Desmarais, as in a brand of luxury wine in Kalos from Selena's family's winery business that has been a staple in Kalosian bars and clubs.
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 15:45:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'll have what she's having." Barnaby requested of the bartender, deciding to keep things simple. He wasn't here to drink, after all.[break][break]

Although business always did seem to be better received with a little alcohol — especially quality brands like Desmarais. Once their glasses of wine had been poured and served, he continued, not wanting to beat around the bush.[break][break]

"Now that I have you here, I'll be straightforward with you." Barnaby informed her, the dark red liquid swirling in its glass as he held the bowl in his palm.[break][break]

"I'm here as an administrative representative of Rocket's Hoenn branch." Here he took a sip, savoring the subtly sweet yet bitter tones of the vintage poured for them. "You may call me Bee."[break][break]

With introductions made, it was time to begin.[break][break]

"You left so much behind in Hoenn. From an outsider, it seemed like a lot to give up." To abandon. To leave hanging.[break][break]

"One might think you'd simply retire in peace after such a departure. And yet you've been rather busy here." His emphasis was clear — Selena had been quite the naughty woman recently. Enough to get the renewed attention of terrorists.[break][break]

"Can I presume you're not at peace, then?"

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 15:56:52 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Religion is not in Selena's vocabulary but Arceus was deliberately toying with her this time. Right when she's out of her pencil skirt and beret, with no pen tucked behind her ear, her ultimate target—the muse of all the news stories, has now presented itself in-front of her. Team Rocket.

Here mind goes spinning. What did this Rocket exactly meant by busy. Why won't I be at peace? And on second thought, she knew exactly what he was saying. All the lashing out, all the public outrage, all the scandals: there is a good reason Selena kept herself hidden away in Kalos. But even her father's money is enough to hide her secret from her very enemy.

might notice how surprise painted her face grim. But in just a matter of seconds, her gasping mouth began to curl, her eyes burning fire, her voice chilling: "If I am not at peace—are you saying you can calm this raging storm inside me?"

She giggled. "You. Of all people, you."

The weight she put on her words were clear she was not just pertaining to . Team Rocket had always been a slippery seviper; the chaos that followed wherever it went and how it persisted in times of disaster. And she had always been inside the maelstrom of such chaos: such was the life of a truthseeker.

But despite her facetious facade, she would not deny how the question resonated her. The most important question right now is: what is the source of Selena's chaos?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 17:20:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

found 's cutting laughter to be rather beautiful. The way her cynicism stoked flames of anger and resentment within her even more so. It was a sentiment the admin found both compelling and alluring.[break][break]

"Oh no, you misunderstand. Quite the contrary, actually." He responded calmly, unfazed by her giggling taunt.[break][break]

"I want you to use all those roiling feelings inside of you. Embrace them. Intensify them."[break][break]

In service to ROCKET, of course.[break][break]

"Something tells me that silver tongue of yours was meant for more than flattering bureaucrats." [break][break]

So much more. And ROCKET could give her the springboard she needed.[break][break]

"You know better than most that governmental bodies like the League are hypocritical at best, dystopian at worst."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 12:15:25 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
It was ensulting enough that Selena had to be forced into this 'hostage meeting', but just had to encourage her of all her whims and ill behavior for the past two years. There is something in his words that ticked something inside her...

She sighed, folded her arms across the bar, and laid down her head on it. Her eyes still bored into her company's face as she spoke, "So, you're telling me that I should work for you?"

The invitation was not really humiliating. If anything, Selena felt seen and appreciated. But why did it have to come from Rocket? And what will they gain from someone like her?

"Are you not afraid of the potential damages that could happen once I try to betray you?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 18:38:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A calculated risk.” He countered, an amused grin pulling at the corners of his lips. “But I think you’re worth the gamble.”[break][break]

And wasn’t one who usually played the odds in this way. He liked certainties and absolutes. But there was just something about ’s potential that made him want to try.[break][break]

Besides, I’m sure you know the sorts of things Rocket does to defectors. Most don’t make the commitment to join without accepting those consequences.” The smart ones, anyway. And she seemed highly intelligent based on what he knew of her.[break][break]

But let’s not dwell on the negative!” Barnaby implored lightly, waving his hand in a placating gesture. “We’re here to talk about you, after all, and your future.”[break][break]

And so the pitch began.[break][break]

We can give you access beyond what you’ve ever had before. Data, events, people – whatever you need.” Their resources came from a global organization, after all. There was little ROCKET wanted for.[break][break]

Power and money. Connections, too. You have the opportunity to shape the world in ways that were unachievable as a mere civilian.”[break][break]

The opportunities were virtually endless, to a point. As long as she pledged her loyalty. [break][break]

But that begged the question…[break][break]

With all that in mind… what is it that you want, Ms. Desmarais?

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 14:00:34 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
WHAT'S IT REALLY THAT SELENA WANTED, ANYWAY?

When she was young, she wanted to prove herself that she's more than just the Desmarais name. Being a journalist was her goal for it allowed her to make a name for herself other than being the youngest daughter of one of the most illustrious business tycoon in Kalos. But the goal proved to be a never-ending attempt to prove something to the world when she didn't have to.

When she arrived in Hoenn, she wanted to prove she can be more than the name she has already built for herself. Chasing Rocket was her goal for it allowed her to prove that she can actually do good. But the moment she became an Avatar thinking she could change her world, she became disappointed with the expectations the society has set for her to conform.

When she went hiatus for about to years, she never wanted anything for herself anymore.

But here, in-front of her face, is offering her a chance to change the world as she sees fit. No one ever offered her that chance: not her father who wanted her to rule the world he created for himself nor the League that just maintains its status quo. It is 's Team Rocket that wanted her to reach her full potential as the that she wanted for herself. And, as said, it is a gamble they are willing to make.

Her words flow fluidly from her mouth after she takes a glassful of the Desmarais.

"I want to be 'free'."

She no longer believed on anything she's done over the past few years. The world is no longer redeemable; everything needs to be destroyed so they can start anew.

"I don't want to be held back anymore."

will now mean chaos and destruction. She will be a raging Springtide Storm in the tranquil Hoennian nights.

"Liberate me."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 1:04:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

A devilish smile flashed onto 's face as she explained her desire.[break][break]

Liberate me.[break][break]

"We can do that." A hollow assurance. [break][break]

"And more." So much more... as long as she agreed to their terms, of course.[break][break]

ROCKET was a gilded cage that had trapped many a powerful woman. He'd always marveled at those that chose to join of their own volition, like , when they seemingly had the world at their fingertips already. Wealth, power, position.[break][break]

Still, if a collar was what she wanted, was more than happy to give it to .[break][break]

The idea of liberation was subjective, after all. Perhaps a cage was freedom to someone like her.[break][break]

"Make the arrangements, as we discussed." He instructed the bartender across from them, who nodded in confirmation. With that, Barnaby finished up the last of his drink and returned his cobalt gaze to .[break][break]

"It was wonderful to finally met you, Selena. I'll be in touch." He stood, buttoning his jacket, before offering a hand to her — to be shaken as a means of agreement.[break][break]

"Welcome to Rocket."

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 7:17:24 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
SELENA WONDERS IF DRINKING FROM THIS POISONED CHALICE WILL ACTUALLY CHANGE HER DESTINY. Helping the League does not really do anything for her but incur trauma, hatred, and resentment. Even some of her colleagues do not like her anyway. Perhaps now, in a new environment, she can finally embrace chaos. She can finally be free.

And so she swigs on the goblet anyway, gorging herself in the spirit of the Kalosian red, before reaching the hand offered to her by .

"Let's hope we don't regret this, oui?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
shifting ideals [past]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 22:31:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: