Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 5:47:45 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Arceus…” Navy prays as he surveys the carnage. In his four years investigating, he’s been at more than a handful of murder scenes. They’re brutal affairs as a rule. In time, a man grows numb to the sight of dead bodies. You’ll eventually see everything.[break][break]

Until, as inevitably happens, something comes along to remind you that there’s always more out there. Unknown, unconsidered possibilities. Navy sips on coffee in the early hours of the morning, far before dusk, looking down at the condition of the corpse.[break][break]

It’s a Kalosian man. Tall, red-haired, eyes that once twinkled with green light. His mouth is opened wide in shock. Shoved through his mouth, pinning him to the floor, is a kite shield. A kite shield. Guns, knives, cars, garden hoses? He’s seen them all end human life. In the history of modern crime, he can’t think of an instance where someone has been killed by a kite shield.[break][break]

Looking at its shape, he supposes it’s a tool suited for the job. Gabe was into fantasy games, once upon a time. Occasionally, he would pull Navy in and make him play along. Through that, he learned about the history of these weapons. Kite shields are tools meant for offense as much as they are defense.[break][break]

What do we know about the guy?” Navy asks the detective representing Slateport PD. Greg Leslie. An unfortunate man, often mistaken for a woman when it’s announced ‘Detective Leslie’ is handling the case.[break][break]

Not much. He’s from Kalos. Here visiting. We’re running some searches. We’ll get back to you on that. What I need from you, Michael, is to figure out what this means.” He points to the front of the shield.[break][break]

There’s a coat of arms there. The bottom half is obscured by the victim’s mouth, but he can make out enough details. There’s only one person he can think about who would know off-hand. There’s always the internet, but Navy, as a rule, prefers the human element to machine interference.[break][break]

Gimme a couple of hours, Leslie. I’ve some calls to make.” He finishes off the free coffee offered by Slateport PD and walks off. As a rule, Navy hates cops. As much as he detests Rocket for what they did to Gabe, he hates organized police forces almost as badly. Decay and corruption runs deep in most. Some of Slateport’s precincts are sewers.[break][break]

Still, Leslie is a good guy. Navy wants to help him out. Plus, the victim deserves justice.[break][break]

Plus, it gives him an excuse to talk to her…[break][break]

Navy shakes off that thought. Best to be professional. Someone died. He searches up the number of a certain flower shop. It ends up going to voicemail.[break][break]

Hey, Elisabeth. It’s—” A pause. He doesn’t remember if he told her his legal name or the one his brother tattooed upon his soul. “--- Navidson. Michael Navidson. Navy. We met back in October. Uh, anyway. I need your help with an investigation. I can’t say much over the phone, but it’s about a Kalosian coat of arms. If you can make time to come to Slateport today, I’ll pay you back. My address is---” He says the address. Throws out the bait. Then, he waits.[break][break]

He waits for the wrong kind of woman to pass through his door.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 5:59:45 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

If Elisabeth were to be honest with herself, most calls to her flower shop went to her voicemail these days. Moonlighting as a criminal had at some point become her primary means of employment, rather than a way of releasing the pent-up darkness that she silently harbored within herself.[break][break]

Apparently she was skilled at it, if her ascent to underboss was any indication. Although she took almost equivalent pride in her first love of floristry and gardening.[break][break]

The name of 'Navy' was a familiar one, though in the way that most customers were familiar: associated with a flower, perhaps a story tied to it, often one of elation or grief.[break][break]

In the case of Michael Navidson, it was the latter. A dead brother, she recalled faintly. Dahlias and magnolias. Pink petals came to mind, followed by a sweetly floral aroma that belied its association of loss.[break][break]

"Do you know so few Kalosians?" she'd quipped, amused, at his invitation to assist in a peculiar case. A wariness underscored her observation, wondering if it hinted at other motives from the detective on the other end.[break][break]

Her civilian persona was not so ironclad in innocence these days; , , and perhaps even already had doubts of her alignment, while others such as and had recently defected Rocket, their promises of secrecy something she couldn't put any great weight in.[break][break]

There were always rats scuttling in the corners, at least when you lived a life in the shadows.[break][break]

Still the florist arrived promptly at the designated time, polite and cordial in her greeting as she graced the threshold of his place of business.[break][break]

"Let's see the conversational piece of the hour, then," she said, and waited expectantly.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Dauntless Shield (RR).

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:17:56 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

And for his sins, the wrong woman walks into his life once more. Waits expectantly for him to state his business – the business that called her away from her own livelihood. The fly invites the spider into his domain, the draculina across the threshold. Despite the grisly murder and that intimidating feeling that accompanies any beautiful woman, Navy manages a smile. It is a far more genuine one than he would have managed in months prior.[break][break]
Good to see you. Come in, come in. I’ll show you the picture. The boys down at Slateport PD’s forensics office faxed me over the picture.” He’s made an effort for her. Whether that effort means anything is wholly a matter for the blonde woman he has invited to sit down by his desk. There’s tea waiting for her, freshly brewed. Accompanying it is a selection of sugar, cream, and honey. He doesn’t know her tastes, so he shoots wide.[break][break]
Taking his own seat, Navy slides the picture across. Since the shield had to come out eventually anyway, Navy insisted they send over a photocopy that did not contain the body of the deceased. The whole crest, in its full glory, is there for her. Every last detail, all the sins of her past, waiting to claw up from the depths and pull her down.[break][break]
You carry yourself like a refined lady of means, Elisabeth. Er, Ms. Fiorelli. So, I thought I’d ask you. Humans know things computer databases might not.” The detective observes. He waits to see what she will make of this.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:27:43 GMT
[nospaces]

"Do I seem so impressive as that to you?" she asked, and soft laughter followed the rhetorical query as she took her seat. "Florists must be a more esteemed class than I thought in Hoenn, indeed."[break][break]

Brewed tea might be the realm of Galarians, but Kalosians appreciated it all the same. Hers took a splash of cream, no sugar, and a spoonful of honey. If he cared to remember her tastes, that was.[break][break]

For all he'd spared her the horrors of his work, blood and gore had become a rather blasé aspect of her day-to-day life. Some by her own hands, in fact. The numbing of it should have horrified her, and did horrify her, at one point.[break][break]

But that point of no return had been trespassed some time ago.[break][break]

Pale fingers rifled through flimsy pages, their surface still warm and fresh from the fax machine. Paper itself held no great power over her.[break][break]

Unwanted memories, however, had a way of hiding in the most mundane of places.[break][break]

Emerald eyes scoured the outline of an Emboar, encircled by golden flames. It was an insignia she had witnessed often, many times, over the course of her life. It was one she had last seen during an estate sale she had overseen in Kalos, ridding herself of any trace of the family she'd once married into, and later killed to free herself from.[break][break]

"This is the Bortiforte coat of arms," she accused, and looked at him pointedly for an explanation. Her voice remained level, but a tremor threaded through it, hinting at a silent warning: the hiss of an Arbok, determining whether or not to bare her fangs and strike.

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:32:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Her eyes pierce him like no bullet dares. They accuse him. Venom greener than her eyes threatens to spill forth. Navy feels like he is in the presence of a displeased queen. This is a look that has killed stronger men than he.[break][break]
There, uh, there was a murder. This morning. Around two.” He stumbles over himself, like his foot’s caught on a root in the road.[break][break]
You want to take Lopez’s job and you’re letting a LOOK get to you, Navy? He chides himself. His back straightens. Navy understands he has to conduct himself like a professional or this hole is only going to get deeper. Piercing his claws into the earth, he crawls his way out of the hole.[break][break]
Guy’s a recent immigrant from Kalos. Since you know the coat of arms, I’ll get Leslie to send me over a picture of what he looks like. A kite shield with this coat of arms was shoved down his neck and out of his throat. Honest to Arceus, you’re the only Kalosian I know. I know we only met once, but you struck as someone who might know a thing or two about the old noble families. The murder weapon’s an antique, so my thinking is that if I can trace who bought this shield, that makes fingering the culprit way easier.” He falls into a detective’s cool logic. Find the evidence, build the case, get paid. Quick work. In and out. That’s how he conducts himself.[break][break]
But the way she looked at him after seeing that coat of arms…[break][break]
Navy can’t shake the feeling it’s personal. She didn’t kill him. He believes that like gospel, and any idiot with a grasp of the timeline would be able to tell. So, that means she’s his best line to get information.[break][break]
Bortiforte. Just that name’s a big help. Anything you can tell me about them is going to help me a lot. Anything you’re willing to share, I’m willing to listen.” Despite that earlier fear, now that he’s caught a scent, he looks like he’s on the trail. Pursuing a fruitful lead. All thanks to her.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:43:06 GMT
[nospaces]

Eyes narrowed to a viperous sliver of green as they regarded him. Was he mocking her, feigning innocence to see what she might reveal?[break][break]

She'd never been gifted at determining liars. Far easier, in her experience, to assume every tongue was a forked one.[break][break]

"The Bortifortes are dead, to begin with," she opened, letting the papers flutter and fall down in their return to the surface of the table.[break][break]

All except her, depending on who you asked. She'd shed that name like a Seviper's skin the first chance she'd got.[break][break]

"They were a former house of nobility located outside of Geosenge Town. Primarily known for a security and asset management company called 'Bortiforte Industries,' though that's been dissolved, too. Prior to the technological revolution, theirs was a metalworking empire."[break][break]

A fingernail restlessly tapped at the side of her tea cup, setting a metronome to her thoughts. How much to add, to reveal? She hadn't committed this murder, but surely her past would invite questions, were she to volunteer it.[break][break]

Then again, perhaps he already knew that. Or would know that, the moment he began digging.[break][break]

"This kite shield was sold a little over a year ago, when their estate was divided and distributed after the last Bortiforte's death."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 17:55:11 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Some part of Navy begins putting together a theory. The rest of him rips that part down, the proverbial crabs in the bucket. There are holes in the logic with which he conducts himself, and this woman hits on a few of them by sheer accident. His gunmetal eyes still race back and forth as he thinks this through.[break][break]
Maybe it’s meant to send a message? Maybe it was the only murder weapon on hand. Determining whether the victim owned the shield is of paramount importance.[break][break]
Hmm. So if they’re all dead, then that means they don’t have enemies.” Anyone could make that observation. It’s not some jaw-dropping leap of logic that puts a bow in everything. Outside of detective fiction, seldom few cases have such a moment. Investigation is often a matter of putting together puzzle pieces soaked in grunge, oil, and trying to piece out what you see.[break][break]
A weird weapon for a crime of passion. Guy was found dead in his home. I really doubt you’d know this much, but do you know who bought the shield?” Pulling out his phone, Navy texts Officer Leslie. Within a minute, his fax machine purrs and comes alive. A picture comes through. Navy puts it in front of Elisabeth before sitting back down.[break][break]
That’s our guy. He someone that has a connection to the Bortifortes?” An innocent question. He cannot possibly perceive the storm inside of this woman.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 18:01:14 GMT
[nospaces]

"They used to. Have enemies, that is."[break][break]

Many of her secrets had never been carefully guarded. Kalosian records kept track of every name she'd ever known; Hoenn simply rarely had reasons to pry into the darkness of an obscure florist's past.[break][break]

This truth, unpleasant as it was, urged her to speak further when she finished her drink.[break][break]

"I can find that name for you, actually. I'm the one who sold it."[break][break]

Her words remained calm, though her heartbeat quickened at the admission. It was an acceleration of the inevitable, she reminded herself; better to comply now, than to be strongarmed later. Be pliant, be agreeable--[break][break]

--play the good wife.[break][break]

"As for the man in your photo," she added, glancing it over with a sweep of her eyes, "I cannot say I know him. He's no different than any other Kalosian to me."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 17:40:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Her face is like a porcelain mask to him. Navy cannot read this woman to save his life. This detective is no knight, but her words kindle an urgent need to defend within him. It’s the urge that drove him to drop out of high school for someone else’s sake. It’s the urge that pushed him to Mt. Pyre when Melody seemed to be in danger.[break][break]

Again and again, the urge to defend by decisive action has defined this man. Elisabeth’s words push him once more to play that role. For, if the family who owned this shield once had enemies, and she sold this shield…[break][break]

Even he isn’t blind to the implications. Her reaction to the victim keys him into one thing: the victim isn’t the owner of the shield. He hadn’t expected that. Frankly, it would be bad for them. If the murder weapon belongs to the victim, it’s not like tracing it will do them any good. The thing was checked for prints and is clean.[break][break]

Now, there’s hope.[break][break]

I’ll go over some basic facts with you. Sorry if this bores you, sometimes I do my best thinking out loud. Pierre Fantoche. Mid-30’s. Spent most of his 20’s working in Kalos in the service industry. Butler. Moved here on a work visa originally. His immigration papers were processing. Worked for some family called…let’s see….” He sifts through the papers. Points to a name with a decisive hand.[break][break]

de Chalons. Yeah. De Chalons.” He butchers the name in a way only a foreigner who doesn’t speak Kalosian can. “Head of the family, Geralt de Chalons, runs a berry company. With how much land he owns in a foreign region, seems more like a berry republic to me.” Navy tells her what she likely already knows.[break][break]

Pfft, their crest is a Stoutland. Who’d want a dog on their crest when Garchomps exist?” He accidentally admits more than he knows about himself with that statement.[break][break]

"After he moved here, he got a job working as a butler for some rich guy. Mark Schrute. Third generation owner of a fancy textile company. Hmm, says here he does collect antiques." Navy pauses, looks up at her, prays he isn't boring her with something worthless. Why does he care if he's boring her?

Doesn’t happen to be a de Chalons or that Shcrute guy who bought the shield, does it?” He asks, half joking.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:39:44 GMT
[nospaces]

"I can check my records," she said off-handedly. Her voice had the distance of someone lost to thought. A hand cupped her cheek as her eyes dimmed. "But off the top of my head, no, I cannot say I recall the specific man's name. I sold a great many things to a great many people. This is one grain of sand on the shore, I'm afraid."[break][break]

Her eyelids slipped shut, and she exhaled briefly, willing herself to release the tension from her shoulders.[break][break]

"De Chalons does sound familiar, but it might be due to his reach in the agricultural industry, as you say."[break][break]

Though none of this was what she really wanted to say. What she really wanted to ask.[break][break]

His joke about Garchomps and Stoutland alleviated the awkwardness, ever so slightly. Enough for her severity to allow a tiny smile in response.[break][break]

But not enough for her to silence the thought that eventually made itself known aloud.[break][break]

"Am I a suspect in your case then, Mr. Navidson?"

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 16:53:55 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

No!” He answers at once, the urgency of his voice like that of a knight raising a shield to block a bloody blow on some bygone battlefield. It leaves his mouth with due haste and the detective deduces how it sounds as soon as the word is out.[break][break]

No.” He repeats, far softer. This time a prayer instead of a war cry. “But if you owned the shield back in the day, the cops were gonna come calling eventually.” He runs a hand through his fine blue hair, contemplating his next move. Really, she’s done more than enough thus far. Confirming the coat of arms on the shield and being willing to search her records for the name of the owner…[break][break]

It’s an open and shut case, especially if the name in her records comes up de Chalons or Schrute. Yet all the same, he feels like she’s a part of this now – caught up in the web. Or is he caught in hers? He’ll never know for sure.[break][break]

I doubt anyone’s gonna say you did it, but if they do, I’ll back up that you’re innocent.” There’s that tiny voice inside his mind, his volition, screaming into the void of his head that no one who looked at him the way she originally did could be innocent. Not guilty, yes. Innocent? No…[break][break]

It’s beaten down again. Drama wins out over volition. The widow selling the shield does make for a good story.[break][break]

You’ve helped me out a lot already. If you want, you’re welcome to go back to your shop. I’ll pay ya back for coming.” He goes to reach for his wallet. The hand doesn’t even make it to his pants. What he just said doesn’t sit right.[break][break]

But you’ve got the right to see this through, if you wanna.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:43:04 GMT
[nospaces]

She couldn't read the sudden spike of emotion in his tone. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she studied him, attempting to make sense of whatever unease she had invoked in him.[break][break]

Her arms crossed about herself uncertainly and her lips pressed themselves into a thin line. A distracted look entered her green eyes.[break][break]

"I'm happy to answer any questions you have moving forward," she managed at last, "but I don't think I want to be associated with that family more if I don't have to be. If that's quite all right with you."[break][break]

Inevitably, her connection to the coat-of-arms would be discovered and he'd need to interrogate her. She'd have to talk about things she endeavored to never talk about, in some capacity. The thought sent a shiver like spiders crawling up and down her skin.[break][break]

"I wish you the best of luck with your investigation, Mr. Navidson," she said as she stood up, leaving the cup of tea behind as her eyes implored him for the ability to depart. "If that's all, I'll be returning to my flower shop, I think."

[break][break]

NOTES

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,266 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 8:07:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Letting her slip away doesn’t sit well with him, but what can he say? What can he do? She’s her own woman. Free to do as she pleases. A sinking feeling of dread builds in his stomach, like she’s about to be snatched away. She’s just one normal woman. What can she do if this family comes calling, or if the culprit tries to shut her up?[break][break]
He could pursue this further, press the issue, but he has trouble being bold with women. Navy demurs, looks at the paper. Slowly nods, tracing a finger along the words on the page.[break][break]
Alright. I’ll have more questions before the day’s out, probably. Do me a favor and stick close to your phone, please.” That’s the most he can ask. Chances are, she won’t even comply with that much. “And…stay safe, Miss Fiorelli. If you need me for anything, just call.”[break][break]
He doesn’t even notice the omission of a few prudent words: relating to the case. He’s sure she sees herself out. He gets back to the case. Digs in like a bloodhound chasing a bone. Great leaps in logic are beyond this man, but he is relentless in his pursuit. Only through this relentless offense can he be a proper shield for people like this woman.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shieldeny it [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 0:28:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: