fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 13:57:15 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

Gideon was no stranger to exhaustion.[break][break]

He’d spent countless nights researching, writing, studying. Expeditions into rough terrain, grueling hikes, packing trips with incredible weights to carry – all in the hundreds by now.[break][break]

And yet, he’d never felt more tired. More downtrodden. More beaten into submission than how he felt now: his arm in a sling, his face and torso bandaged, one eye temporarily patched over while it healed. [break][break]

The way he sunk into his arm chair was like a corpse into a coffin, resigned to spend eternity in a dead, haggard state.[break][break]

But he couldn’t just wallow. No, while the one-day battle was over, war still waged in his mind. So, so many hours had gone into mentally reviewing every moment that transpired over the course of that April day.[break][break]

And one event stood out in particular.[break][break]

I need you to be honest with me, Gunner.”[break][break]

Gideon warned, his voice gravelly with a slight rasp, as if he hadn’t spoken in quite some time.[break][break]

I’m not in a state to humor bullshit right now.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,288 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 12:37:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

After a long and chaotic day of fighting in Dewford Town, Granite Cave, and Ultra Deep Sea, Gunner had finally located his brother at Dewford Hospital. Though he'd tried to say encouraging and reassuring things to Gideon, a haggardness hung around the elder Graves that Gunner had found difficult to penetrate.[break][break]

But it was expected. Gideon had just undergone a traumatic experience, with injuries as proof.[break][break]

Injuries that stirred the festering hate in Gunner's heart every time he looked at them.[break][break]

Back in Slateport City, after helping Gideon into his apartment and making sure he was comfortable, Gunner made ready to leave. But then Gideon spoke in a tone he hadn't used in a long time around the younger Graves.[break][break]

Gunner felt a sudden and nauseating dread. "What are you talking about?" he asked slowly, attempting to mask any hint of guilt with confusion.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Post Postdormitum[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 13:30:33 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Was as steadfast and logical as he presented himself on the day-to-day?[break][break]

Most times, sure. Mechanical and methodical in his approach to his career and even his personal life at times. Robotic to a fault.[break][break]

But here he showed his humanity. In those piercing umber eyes there was a smoldering anger brewing. An unhidden dread, as well – he hated having to confront in this way. [break][break]

There was too much at stake to let his roiling thoughts remain unvoiced, however. His brother’s life and safety being the utmost concern.[break][break]

Don’t play dumb, Gunner. You’re a good liar but that can only get you so far.” Gideon’s cold tone betrayed his disapproval.[break][break]

"Gunner put me in charge of this expedition… It was honestly strange, considering what he does for a living. He's much better suited to lead a mission like this than I am."[break][break]

’s words rang out across the silent apartment. [break][break]

Why would Ranger Harcourt say something like that?

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,288 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 17:18:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Even though Gideon had already called him out for lying, Gunner's instinct and training only made him double down on it. He stood stiffly in his brother's living room, forcing himself to look Gideon in those umber eyes as he lied through his teeth.[break][break]

"I don't know," he said, pissed that was stupid enough to let something like that slip. What part of my brother doesn't know had the other man not understood? Part of being a Ranger meant keeping the League's secrets from the average citizen.[break][break]

Gunner made a mental note to confront Caleb about it later. Otherwise, he had no reason to accept missions with the other man again.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 22:58:53 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"You don't know."[break][break]

Gideon echoed flatly, his one good eye a narrow slit behind square-rimmed glasses. [break][break][break]

"Well, maybe this will ring a bell."[break][break]

He leaned forward then, rested his elbows on his knees. Got as close to his brother as the boundary of his chair would allow. [break][break]

And then he recounted that awful memory turned daily nightmare. The scene that played over and over in his head, that he couldn't escape from no matter how much he drank or how many pain pills he swallowed.[break][break]

There was her, of course. , though Gideon didn't know her name. Only her face burned into his mind.[break][break]

Then there was him, who'd come to Gideon's rescue when he'd already consigned himself to death. The masked vigilante with an oddly familiar Pokémon...[break][break]

"It was Guin, wasn't it?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,288 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:12:40 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As Gideon recounted the day's earlier events, Gunner's guilt and stubbornness mounted with him in equal measure. And when Gideon asked the question that nailed the lid into Gunner's coffin, the younger brother could only scowl with great petulance.[break][break]

But he could not deny his involvement, not when his Typhlosion was mentioned by name.[break][break]

"It was Guin," Gunner reluctantly admitted, his movements stiff as he crossed his arms over his chest. Then he sighed, unable to find a way to avoid the truth.[break][break]

"I'm not a paralegal. Not really. I work for the government." A pause. "The HBIC. Councilwoman Livy is my boss."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:25:38 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

A long, gut-wrenching silence fell over Gideon's Slateport apartment as finally admitted to his lies. Though the elder Graves brother knew what was coming, he still couldn't hide the look of pure disappointment on his face.[break][break]

Not that he really tried. Right now, Gideon was an open book whose emotions flowed freely from the font of his heart. Disappointment soon gave way to confusion, then frustration at one key realization.[break][break]

"Wait, the HBIC? The Bureau of fucking Counterterrorism, Gunner? Are you insane?"[break][break]

With every word Gideon's voice steadily rose, pitching higher as his anger grew.[break][break]

"You're telling me you're a goddamn spy for ?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,288 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:45:49 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"And what if I am?" Gunner yelled back, uncrossing his arms as he took a step toward Gideon. The widening of his stance, the squaring of his shoulders — all were gestures to make him seem bigger and meaner than his brother.[break][break]

"I'm doing important work defending our home, Gideon. Don't you fucking patronize me. I'm not a fucking child anymore."[break][break]

Childhood memories flashed through his mind: of Gideon stopping him from killing himself doing something reckless, of Gideon cleaning his scrapes whenever he got hurt, of Gideon scolding him for getting into fights with older boys.[break][break]

Gunner squashed those memories with all the anger building in him.[break][break]

"More importantly, what were you doing out there?" Gunner pointed wildly in Dewford's direction. "Don't give me bullshit about research or whatever — you nearly lost your life to some bitch in Team Rocket. If I hadn't been there, you wouldn't be sitting here right now."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:15:55 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Any ounce of restraint that Gideon had was gone the moment Gunner squared up on him. He stood, albeit unsteadily, to his full height, looking down on his little brother with a venomous expression.[break][break]

"You think you're some sort of hero?" He practically spat the question into Gunner's petulant face. "Defending our home? Lying to your family for years to play spy? That's bullshit and you know it!"[break][break]

With his one free hand, Gideon attempted to grasp the collar of his sibling's jacket, clutching the fabric into his fist.[break][break]

"You're just a man, Gunner!" Mortal like all the rest. "This isn't safe. Your life isn't worth risking!" [break][break]

When his brother then turned the conversation to accuse him, Gideon grew even more enraged.[break][break]

"That's the point, you fucking idiot! Pretending to be a goddamn hero is too dangerous! It could have just as easily been you instead of me."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,288 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 11:58:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Playing spy. Just a man.[break][break]

Whether Gideon knew it or not, the words coming out of his mouth only riled Gunner even more. The younger Graves had already warned the elder not to patronize him, yet there Gideon was, belittling Gunner's abilities and agency.[break][break]

Heedless of his brother's current physical state, Gunner grabbed Gideon's good wrist and shoved it away, forcing Gideon to release his jacket.[break][break]

"You're wrong," Gunner snarled. "It couldn't have been me. I'm not the skinny little kid you've always known. I've trained for this."[break][break]

In the red haze of his anger, he did not think to check his words or rein in his own venom.[break][break]

"You can't possibly know the lengths I've gone to protect our family and our region. I've been at war for the past five years, while all you've done is sit behind desks and collect stupid bugs for no good fucking reason."[break][break]

Gunner turned to leave but cast one last, heated look at Gideon from over his shoulder.[break][break]

"Only one of us is playing pretend and it's not me."[break][break]

Then he left, slamming the front door behind him so hard that it rattled in its hinges.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 14:01:16 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gunner forced Gideon’s hand from his collar, wresting it away with enough abrupt momentum to push the elder Graves brother back into his arm chair. Gideon groaned in pain as he landed, clutching at his ribs.[break][break]

However, that hurt was nothing compared to the cutting verbal blows Gunner shot off immediately after.[break][break]

His entire profession was minimized to simple desk work and collecting bugs for no good fucking reason. Gunner had basically called him a joke to his face, acting like Gideon was the one playing pretend. It was fucking insulting.[break][break]

Which, he supposed was the point.[break][break]

No matter how much you’ve trained, it’s just not safe– Gunner!” He attempted to reason with his brother, but a slamming door was all the response would get.[break][break]

Silence once again fell over the apartment. Deafening. Maddening. And while there had been so much anger and outrage moments prior, now all that remained in the wake of their argument was a profound sadness.[break][break]

Gideon buried his head into the palm of his free hand.[break][break]

Damn it…

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wounds (reprise)
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 6:26:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: